Michael's Back Door Restaurant
1715 Lakeshore Rd. W.
Mississauga, ON L5J 1J4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Michael's Back Door Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelsbackdoor.com/
- Phone: 9058225751
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Stephan Waespi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Michael"s Back can cater your home or office event. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Michael’s Back Door offers a variety of well appointed private and semi-private dining areas that accommodate up to 100 guests. Customized menus, table setup and entertainment are just a few of the many services we provide.
- Private Party Contact: Michael 8885979514
- Cross Street: Clarkson Road North
- Public Transit: Mississauga Transit stops at the corner of Lakeshore Rd. W. and Clarkson Rd. N.
The Clarkson GO Train station is a 10 minute walk.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking is located in the municipal lot at the East side of Clarkson Rd. N., Just North of Lakeshore Rd. W. behind the CIBC Bank.
A word from Michael's Back Door Restaurant
Established in 1981, Michael"s Back Door Restaurant has been providing Mississauga and the GTA with award winning cuisine and professional, courteous service, in a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Principle owners, Michael Morra and his son Michael Jr, along with partners, executive chef Stephan Waespi and Mario Della Savia, invite you to experience creative Italian, Continental fare offering the freshest ingredients and a variety of rare wines. Whether you are looking for a quick, casual meal, a romantic night out or a group dinner, Michael's Back Door has the perfect "OpenTable" for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michael's Back Door Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014The food is consistently excellent here and well worth visiting. The noise levels can be uncomfortable on occasion. On our latest visit, we were unhappy with the service. Our waiter appeared pre-occupied with talking to other guests, rather than serving, with the result that another waiter, who was extremely surly, delivered our food. This was the only negative part of the experience. Hopefully the owner will note this review and have a discussion with his staff regarding appropriate customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningYogaGirlDined on 5/10/2014A group of us had a wonderful dinner at Michael's Back Door Restaurant. It was our first visit and it didn't disappoint us. We had a lovely antipasto tray for appetizers and wonderful fish and beef main course meals. The pureed vegetable soup of the day was fantastic and the sticky toffee pudding dessert was a lovely end to the meal. I would recommend this restaurant to others looking for a good Mississauga restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Mother's Day dinnerTB3njam1nDined on 5/10/2014My mom wanted pasta, so I did a yelp search and decided on Michael's Back Door. We ordered the calamari to start, which had such a great flavour to it, paired nicely with fresh greens. I ordered a half order of the angel hair pasta with lobster tomato cream sauce...OMG! absolutely the best pasta I've ever had (even dare I say better than the pasta I had in Italy!). Will definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner - 55 yearsAmazing55Dined on 4/18/2014We had a very special anniversary dinner thanks to the wonderful people here at Michael's Back Door. Our children set it up for us, and we showed up and were given a lovely window table and incredible service, as well as a specially made - on the house - dessert. First class. Please send a personal note to the staff and owners - we truly appreciated their efforts and thoughtfulness.Special Features:
- dinner at Michael's back doorbankyblueDined on 4/18/2014Quite a find. A friend had recommended Michael's to me quite some time ago and in looking over their website it seemed a decent enough place to go. We'll my family and I were very pleasantly surprised by the ambience, excellent service and delicious food. I highly recommend Michael's back door as a place for fine dining or to take someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for LunchJoannietimeDined on 3/25/2014I've been to Michael's Backdoor twice in the last 3 months, both times for lunch. It was an unexpected delight! Food was very good with many interesting lunch choices. The tables by the window provide a spacious feel and wonderful ambiance. The service was outstanding both times...I wish I could remember the name of our waiter, he was helpful, friendly, pleasant & efficient...a great combination. I will definitely return for lunch and plan to try the restaurant for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great little gem welove4pastaDined on 3/18/2014What a great little gem we discovered the other night. From the waiter making us feel instantly welcome & part of his extended family to the exquisite food & wine....we'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta FestivalwinefindgirlVIPDined on 3/14/2014Took my mother and father in law out for dinner last Friday night, we came for the pasta festival. It was really really good and my in-laws enjoyed the experience. Chris, again our host, was so nice and great with my in-laws (who are slightly deaf) and he didn't raise his voice, he just made sure to look them in the eye when he was advising food choices. Chris is such a good diplomat, he had a table with a diner who was beyond picky and Chris handled what could have been an uncomfortable situation for all the diners with aplomb. Well done Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningPigglesdinesDined on 3/4/2014We have visited Michael's many times over the years, and enjoyed excellent food, friendly attentive service, and calm relaxing ambiance. Last Tuesday was no exception. Our waiter was helpful in making wine suggestions; in fact, we enjoyed his recommendation so much that we have ordered a case! We appreciate having a fine dining restaurant in the neighbourhood when we are looking for dining a little more special than "everyday" fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good CompanyFredDined on 3/1/2014There was a bunch of us and we had a great meal and good laughs. We were able to speak at a normal level, the food was presented well as was good tasting. Have been dining at Micheal's Back Door since 1995.Special Features:
- Very tasty meal. I don't findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Very tasty meal. I don't find that very often. When you spend your hard earned money on a meal out, you want it to be tasty. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dissatisfied CustomerDissatisfiedDined on 2/15/2014-the food was served cold having appeared as if it was already sitting a long while before reaching the table. -the quality of the food was not impressive and lacked taste. -the waiters (our own and observed) were discourteous to the diners and had no interest in how the diners meals were. They had too much attitude and disrespect. -the seating was mediocre. -will not be returning and would definitely not recommend to friends or family.
- Valentines day dinnerSaugaResidentDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines and was provided a prix fixe menu which was quite a bit on the expensive side.... did not at all reflect the regular menu price. Since this special menu was not published on Open Table, it was a bit of a surprise to us. Starters: OK Main Course: Exceptional Dessert: Do not even bother! Worst part of the meal. I would definitely go back because main course was awesome!.... However I would not bother with special occasion nights.... to avoid inflated prices and probably skip dessert. 5 Star restaurant... if you exclude the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the cafeteriaMarkoDined on 2/14/2014We attended on Valentines Day which was understandably hectic. The decor in the restaurant is only average but the subdued lighting on arrival helped. Unfortunately about 30 minutes into our meal the house lights were turned on to assist a single patron with reading the menu! The lights remained on throughout the dinner which made it feel like more of a cafeteria than a romantic restaurant. A shame given that the food was decent and the servers tried to keep up as best they could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBusterDined on 2/14/2014The food was great as well as the service & ambience was great. Unfortunately it's a bit pricey here. On the whole it was a great Valentin's evening.Special Features:
- Surpassing ExpectationsKejabuDined on 2/14/2014The service at Michael's was impeccable and only surpassed by the food! My lunch guests were tremendously impressed with the quality of the food, the beauty of presentation and the attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. A wonderful dining experience, I highly recommend Michael's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014Pros: good food : had steaks, pasta with seafood, duck. All were really good. Cons : booked a table for 7 and found 2 tables put together ( one round and one square) quite small. There was only 1 other table ocuppied and plenty of space. Asked the vintage year, was told 2010, the bottle brought was 2012. Noticed only after the bottle was opened. Some of the descriptions of the deserts misleading. When leaving the waiter was talking at the bar and told us to grab the coats from the entry rack. Conclusion : will probably go again for food, but never for any celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once againSashaDined on 2/8/2014We had a fantastic dinner and as usual, the food and service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014This was our first time visiting Michaels and although we live in Mississauga we had never been. Our family of five made reservations for a Sunday evening and weren't disappointed. Our waiter (wish I could remember his name) was very attentive, funny and made excellent menu suggestions. The food was excellent. Everything was prepared very well using fresh ingredients, not overcooked, with lots of flavour. We definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Place to DineHeatherDined on 1/18/2014I have been going to Michael's Back Door for likely 25+ years and there has NEVER been a time where the food wasn't EXCELLENT. The people are friendly and remember you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not that impressed.lovewineDined on 1/3/2014I was not that impressed. My friend enjoyed her meal but mine was overcooked, I finished it but nobody came to check earlier through the meal. We were seated in an empty room rather than one with more ambiance, Not sure if I would go back, Nothing was done about the meal other than advising the Chef,
- Great food, service and wine listEricDined on 12/31/2013My girlfriend and I went for New Year's Eve dinner and everything was great and made to order. I've lived in mississauga and area my whole life and never knew this little gem was right under my nose. Definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve 2013 excitineveningsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013For the most part dinner was okay, a little disappointed on menus choices, would of preferred regular menus instead. I would of enjoyed the regular menu as opposed to what was offered. Next time I would rather come on a regular evening and sample the basic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and RomanticSandyDined on 12/7/2013Michael's Back Door has exceptional food and service. The ambience is warm, inviting and romantic. It is intimate and perfect for an anniversary dinner. Their is a private room available for larger groups as well. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sinful Seafood Pasta -LunchSueCDined on 12/6/2013The lunch special was absolutely delicious! The pasta was topped with perfectly cooked scallops, tasty shrimp and a generous piece of easy to remove lobster, all displayed beautifully! Very delicious! The squash soup was silky, tasty and soothing on a cool winter day. Thank you for a lovely Christmas lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front door service at the Back DoorwinefindgirlVIPDined on 12/1/2013It is a lovely restaurant, and the service was wonderful, so very friendly and our server Chris was professional and helpful and made sure we had a great time. Now, for the food, oh my gosh, the calamari salad was fantastic, the meat lightly charred, served warm on top of a bed of fresh greens and a lovely flower adornment. I had the pasta with bacon and chicken and my husband took the night off from our regular vegetarian meals to have the bison/venison plate (the night's special dinner) which he proclaimed to be amazing!! We had bread with our appetizer which, when I go again, I might not do because, although delicious, we weren't able to get to the desserts (which we watched go by...with longing in our eyes!) An excellent evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...Good TimesDimplesDined on 12/1/2013We enjoyed our dinner very much. Each time I come, I can never finish my meal, that is a good thing! The portions are wonderful and the taste is fantastic!Special Features:
- RELIABLE SERVICE, VERY GOOD FOODNicole45Dined on 11/18/2013This restaurant has been around for many years --- and they have got it right! The only downside is the "upselling" of water --- unless you specify "tap water", you'll be buying still or sparking water --- at a price! But the food is very good, and it wouldn't deter anyone who wants a good meal. They also have a large wine list --- mainly reds, as you would expect in an Italian restaurant. We'll be back again....Special Features:
- Very disappointing night.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2013Very disappointing night. Restaurant was cold, then warmer, then cold, then warmer, etc. etc. When the heat came on (frequently) it caused a uncomfortable draft from above. I had the veal dish. Sweet gravy/sauce covered the entire plate so that everything (vegetables, potatoes and meat) tasted the same. Soup was excellent and caesar salad was ok. Dessert was great.
- dinnerTobiTDined on 10/26/2013Two people in our party had the trio special and loved it. Myself, I had the risotto and could only eat a third of it due to the high salt levels! Too bad that restaurants cannot cut back on the sodium levels. I don't eat out too often due to salt in restaurants. I am not on any medications and don't have high blood pressure. I don't like salted food. It still does a number on my mouth and body because I eat clean. ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Found new favouriteanvasaDined on 10/19/2013Great food, excellent food presentation, very pleasant and natural staff, great wine recommended with our food. Definitely will come back. A real gem of the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!wendyDined on 10/12/2013Thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Michael's Back Door. War, inviting, excellent food & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced & overconfidentSSEQNDined on 10/4/2013This is not a bad place, but the quality is quite out of proportion with the price and presumes a level of quality I did not personally experience. The service is extremely competent but overconfident, and calls attention to itself.
- EnjoyableGreatdaneDined on 9/29/2013The food was very good,the service was great ,also the food choice was extensive ,will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!ZychManDined on 9/26/2013Great restaurant with awesome food and attentive service (and reasonably priced) Looked as though waiters knew many of the patrons which of course is a great sign for a great restaurant. I had the wild game menu and my wife had Dover Sole and both were cooked to perfection. We had a great wine suggested by the server. Great thing is you can eat low or high end and enjoy either way. Will certainly return for the service, food and wine and will suggest this as an option for an upcoming Christmas party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Food at High PricesJohnDined on 9/25/2013I took a friend to Michael's Back Door last week for lunch. We were rather late and the staff was very good about that. The food however was terrible. My friend asked for the gnoki "not to be overdone" but it was soggy and tasteless. My steak was charred nicely but completely dry and without any sauce or flavouring. With two glasses of wine and a $20 tip the bill came to almost $100. I couldn't believe I had paid almost $100 for such bad food. That night I microwaved some beef I'd purchased at a local supermarket and it was MUCH better than my Michael's Back Door steak lunch and only cost me $10.
- High price, low food qualitySunpeaksDined on 9/21/2013For the price the food was plain and average - for a $10 per plate restaurant. For a $150+ anniversary dinner, it was disappointing and we will definitely not be going back.
- We enjoy eating at Michael'sAlanDined on 9/21/2013We enjoy eating at Michael's Back Door Restaurant, the food is always good and well presented. Probably because of a low ceiling the noise level can be rather high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKatODined on 9/1/2013Myself and my partner had an absolutely outstanding time at Michael's Back Door. The staf was very helpful, polite and very friendly. They were able to recomend wine and food choices, but also made our anniversary extra special by going that extra mile to make our dining experence wonderful. The food was delicious and arrived in a timely fashion. I would higly recomend anyone who enjoys good Italian food to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2013We visited Michael's Back Door for the second time in the past 3 weeks, and were pleased to find that the food and service were equally excellent. This is a family-run restaurant, with a core of long-term staff, and itbs apparent that maintaining quality control is part of the culture of the restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.