Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
23 Vanderbilt Ave
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michaeljordansnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126552300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:30am – 2:30pm
Monday – Saturday 5:00pm – 10:15pm
Sunday 5:00pm – 9:15pm
Monday – Friday 11:30am – Midnight
Saturday 12:00pm – Midnight Sunday
2:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
Situated on the North and West balconies of New York's Grand Central Terminal, this restaurant was designed to reflect Michaels sense of taste and style. Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. ranks among the finest steakhouses in Manhattan, offering a world class menu and an extensive, eclectic selection of wines and spirits. There are two private dining rooms and two semi private dining rooms available, with pre-fixe menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (78)great for lunch (60)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (36)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (23)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Fantastic food and great restaurant. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointingGourmetDined on 10/24/2014The building is iconic and that's why I brought out of town guests here. The food was just ok. We went for lunch maybe dinner is better.
- Best steak!LindylooDined on 10/22/2014We loved the rib eye and the strip steak. Mushrooms were outstanding. The martinis were good, but rather small for the very high price. All else was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner of the Year!AggieDined on 10/19/2014We had a wonderful time at the Grand Central Station location. It is a beautiful setting. The service is amazing!Special Features:
- Fab foodJimboDined on 10/16/2014Everything was perfect but the prices are a bit highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inattentive waiterMimsieDined on 10/12/2014The waiter is why I am giving Michael Jordan's two stars. Lackluster service for such an upscale restaurant. Both sides dishes we ordered were almost warm . Who likes cold mashed potatoes? He almost didn't ask us if we wanted drinks, we had to ask. We got our meals and were finished at least 15 minutes before he returned . Finally got our dessert, another 20 minutes before we got our tab. We had to flag down a busboy to get our waiter.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerChksb10Dined on 10/8/2014The view and atmosphere were both wonderful.The staff was attentive throughout our meal. The food was very good and did not disappoint. We wanted a great meal for a special occasion and that's just what we got!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tips on the credit CardOswaldoDined on 10/7/2014Hi, everething was good, excellent, the only thing i don't realy like was that the credit card was allready charge the Tips , i don't undestand that, Why somebody has to put extra charge on my credit Card!?. finally I mean it, it was not great.Special Features:
- Excellent AtmosphereCanadaDinesDined on 10/4/2014We booked at Michael Jordan's online not really knowing what to expect. Our experience was awesome. The restaurant is in The Grand Central Terminal so the atmosphere is awesome. The food was incredible. I highly recommend the bone in rib eye. The service was excellent and very friendly. It was a wonderful experience using OpenTable to book my reservation and will be using it often. The bar area at Michael Jordan's was excellent as well. Very good service and again the atmosphere is incredible. I highly recommend Michael Jordan's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Fabulous location and food but a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidajs0622Dined on 9/29/2014Going for a biz lunch is the only way to go. The food was solid but a foodie wouldn't get excited about the plates. We ordered seafood, steaks, vegetables and wine. The staff was accommodating and kind.Special Features:
- Not good value.durhamdivaDined on 9/28/2014Food was good, but all was served a la carte. As a result, the price for the meal was extraordinarily high. And, although we were only a party of three, a 20% tip was added to the bill. The cost of the meal was too expensive for what we received.Special Features:
- Ok Meals.lov2trydiffDined on 9/22/2014I am from Texas and wanted try your steak and it wasn't any fancy. It was an average meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Very good food. Very attentive staff. Both my wife and I enjoyed sitting above GCT and all of the bustle and yet not hearing any noise from the crowd.Special Features:
- Great food, service and view!!!JenniFDined on 9/20/2014We went to Michael Jordan's Steakhouse as it had been recommended by a friend, and we are so glad we came. We had an early dinner here as we were going to see a show in Broadway. When we arrived the hostesses were lovely and sent us straight to our table. At that time in the evening it was very quiet which was nice. We had a table right over the balcony looking over the concourse of grand Central station which was wonderful to just watch the world go by. Our waiter was very attentive and quick as we told him we had to be out by a certain time. We both ordered the New York strip steak which was both enormous and delicious! We had a really nice time here, it was a lovely start to our evening and we would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great for visitors and locals just the same - pricey but worth it. The view from the balcony is awesome. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeg0814Dined on 9/16/2014well the waiter dripped hot coffee on my guest damaging his shirt and causing him pain. btw the coffee was hot as I like it. the manager came over and apologized but to our surprise still charged as for the coffee.lolSpecial Features:
- Quensseential New York Fine DiningGrandCentralStarDined on 9/15/2014My third visit to Michael Jordan's Steak House was certainly the charm, the best service and dishes I've experienced in recent memory. Be prepared to spend, but you'll feel like a Rockefeller afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experiencetouristDined on 9/14/2014First of all, booking via Open Table worked very well. I got a call a day earlier to confirm my reservation and an SMS on the same day reminding me. Overall, the restaurant was good. Steak was tasty and very well prepared. Service was good as well; they gave us plenty of attention. It's located inside the Central Station, so ambient sound can be quite high in peak hours. We went on a Sunday night, so that wasn't a problem. My overall rating would be "Very Good" if it wasn't for the conditions of the restrooms. They were not as clean as one would expect on a restaurant of this category. Also, the restrooms are shared between men and women (one at a time, obviously), which I don't think is appropriate (women need cleaner conditions).Special Features:
- Poor Service and Worse FoodDissapointedDined on 9/13/2014Service was slow and had to waive to even get tea refills. Lobster was good but steak was a poor cut of meat, tough and grizzly. Was not cooked as requested, sent it back and it was wrong again. Could not eat it and just left on plate. Told waiter and he said sorry and something about difficulty with chef. Manager came out and offered a drink (Although we were not drinking). He did not offer or adjust the bill so it was and expensive, poor experience. Michael should take his name off of it. There are many good restaurant in Manhattan. That is not one of them.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Booked a table for three. The service was outstanding, with waiters and busmen attentive and accommodating. When we commented on how delicious the sauce was for the shrimp cocktail, a small dish of it was delivered to the table. We also savored the herb-roasted mushrooms and black truffle creamed spinach. My two guests enjoyed a filet mignon and boneless rib eye. Both steaks were cooked perfectly. My prime rib sandwich was disappointing; the meat was overcooked and overwhelmed by a huge bun. But the horseradish sauce that accompanied it was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ordinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014We took out of town visitors here because of the view of GCS. the menu has all the traditional steakhouse favorites - NY strip, porterhouse; all lacking any distinction.Special Features:
- Excellent meat and great view!bobsasDined on 9/8/2014You can taste an excellent T-bone plate with an privileged view of the Grand Central Terminal main concourse. Enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to NelsonPaulyanaDined on 9/7/2014I discovered this restaurant because Nelson De Mille's characters used it in his novel The Panther .... no regrets at all. The NY Strip was fantastic - cooked to prefection, tender .. and plenty of it!! The location is really good fun - a table overlooking the Grand Central concourse was unique. The staff were friendly and helpful making sure we got the best table available. A really nice experience in a great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014The steak was dry, flavorless and tough. Service was lacking. The waiter misheard and failed to confirm our steak orders; entrees took 45 minutes to come out; and our waiter was unavailable the entire time, even though the restaurant was virtually empty.
- EnjoyedMichael Jordan's Steak HouseJACKDANIELSLOVERDined on 8/30/2014This was not my first time eating at this steak house so I already knew the food would be great. I arrived early to spend time at the bar before my guest arrived. Although the bar did not have my favorite drink in stock, I was happy with the substitute that was offered. When my Guest arrived the head of the house personally escorted us to our table. The table had a beautiful view from the balcony of the art and architecture of historic Grand Central. The wait staff was knowledgeable and helpful with the menu orders. Of course the food was great. After my guess left, I spent the remainder of the evening at the bar where I really got to talk to the restaurant staff. I think I've found a new watering hole as the cowboys used to say.Special Features:
- unsatisfied1221Dined on 8/25/2014We were placed in an area away from the nice tables. The restaurant was out of some of the wine on the wine list. My salad was never delivered and it appeared as though all of the waiters were concerned about the lack of organization. For a relatively nice restaurant, the overall experience was terrible. The waiters and other help tried, but there was obviously a problem.
- griffith.newyorknewyorkmaxDined on 8/23/2014Of course the big draw is the fact that the restaurant is located in Grand Central Station - pricey for everyday, but really good steak-house food and a great place to bring out of town guests. They haven't quite tackled the heating/cooling situation since they are situated on a balcony open to the entire station, but, if you get the right table the view of the wonderful GCT ceiling takes your mind off the temperature. My party ordered steaks and chops with a variety of sides - all very good. The one odd note was that even though they featured a number of a la mode desserts they had run out of vanilla ice-cream - not acceptable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, locationDTravelerDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is all about the location and the view. Fortunatley, the food & service are also very good. If you are OK with a small portion, go for the cut of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMapleManVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great steak and sides, desserts were also fantastic. However, our bottle of cabernet was poured into small wine glasses. When we brought this to the server's attention we were told that this was the proper glass for red wine - news to us! Otherwise a great meal.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatNewYorkRogerDined on 8/19/2014I eat here 3-4 times a month. You can't beat the location for midtown east and Connecticut commuters, plus the food/service is always great. Their fast track menu is good (but I wish it would change more often) - currently, the RibEye steak is a perfect size for lunch, and the Gespatcho soup is VERY good with a hint of spiciness. Grand Central Station is also one of my favorite buildings in NYC - so I always have something to talk to my guests about when I need small-talk.Special Features:
- Too extensive for what you gettoscaneDined on 8/18/2014When you ordre à main course (for example a steak), it comes with nothing else un the plate. Just the steak. If you want vegetables, they charge you 9 dollars for each but they don't tell you that you have more than enough to share... for 3 !!! Just for veggies, we paid over 36 $ to leave more than half !!! I really wasn't happy that our waiter did not advise us. Please be aware !Special Features:
- Paying for the name and locationEmiloublueDined on 8/17/2014No appetizer, no dessert yet $100 per head. Not that great a steak and no Michael Jordan memorabilia or anything to link restaurant to him. No wonder the place was pretty empty.
- Beyond disappointed.TrueNewYorkerDined on 8/15/2014Stay away! The best part of the meal was the bread and the strawberry short cake. Everything else was horrible. The meat were a cheap cut and were overcooked. I ordered med rare on the rare side and my boyfriend ordered med rare. Both steaks were medium to med well and covered in so much pepper, I could barely eat it. I ordered sautéd green beans and they came out steamed. The meal took forever and we had to order more bread in the middle because we were so hungry. The portions were tiny. You could see directly into the kitchen b/c the double doors were left open the whole time. Final insult, they charged me extra for a birthday cake we did not order (I asked just to write something on the plate of the included dessert).
- it is OK, not excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014the steak is good, salad and dessert are just OK, not exciting at allSpecial Features:
- Eat at Michael'sEatatMichaelsDined on 8/15/2014As it was our first time at Michael Jordan's Steak House, I and my friends did not expect the food at Michael Jordan's to be delightfully delicious. We certainly enjoyed our lunch with a nice view of GCT (courtesy of the Maitre D'). [My only disappointment was the Mojito, which had an excess of lime and had very little of rum.]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014It was better than I expected. The food was delicious and I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Early DinnerMangiaDined on 8/14/2014I have walked by Michael Jordan's Restaurant for many years unsure if I would like the ambiance of the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised that with all of the hustle and bustle of Grand Central Station you can still feel a sense of privacy . The service was very good as well as the food. I would return to Michael Jordan's Steak House.Special Features:
- Landmark LunchnycgalDined on 8/14/2014It's located in the historic main hall of Grand Central Station. The food, service & decor are a match to that great location. My friends and I had a lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resaturant WeekSIdadof2Dined on 8/14/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week. Great selection for lunch, had excellent boneless rib eye. Great seats overlooking Grand Central, not too noisy for location. No choice for side, came with fresh corn salad (kids didn't like peppers in salad). Had to order side of creamed spinach, a la carte. Desserts and salads great. Daughter loved fresh mozzarella with tomato and balsamic. Service was excellent.Special Features: