Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
23 Vanderbilt Ave
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michaeljordansnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126552300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:30am – 2:30pm
Monday – Saturday 5:00pm – 10:15pm
Sunday 5:00pm – 9:15pm
Monday – Friday 11:30am – Midnight
Saturday 12:00pm – Midnight Sunday
2:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
Situated on the North and West balconies of New York's Grand Central Terminal, this restaurant was designed to reflect Michaels sense of taste and style. Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. ranks among the finest steakhouses in Manhattan, offering a world class menu and an extensive, eclectic selection of wines and spirits. There are two private dining rooms and two semi private dining rooms available, with pre-fixe menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)special occasion (67)great for lunch (63)good for groups (36)romantic (36)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (20)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- griffith.newyorkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Of course the big draw is the fact that the restaurant is located in Grand Central Station - pricey for everyday, but really good steak-house food and a great place to bring out of town guests. They haven't quite tackled the heating/cooling situation since they are situated on a balcony open to the entire station, but, if you get the right table the view of the wonderful GCT ceiling takes your mind off the temperature. My party ordered steaks and chops with a variety of sides - all very good. The one odd note was that even though they featured a number of a la mode desserts they had run out of vanilla ice-cream - not acceptable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, locationDTravelerDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is all about the location and the view. Fortunatley, the food & service are also very good. If you are OK with a small portion, go for the cut of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMapleManVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great steak and sides, desserts were also fantastic. However, our bottle of cabernet was poured into small wine glasses. When we brought this to the server's attention we were told that this was the proper glass for red wine - news to us! Otherwise a great meal.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatNewYorkRogerDined on 8/19/2014I eat here 3-4 times a month. You can't beat the location for midtown east and Connecticut commuters, plus the food/service is always great. Their fast track menu is good (but I wish it would change more often) - currently, the RibEye steak is a perfect size for lunch, and the Gespatcho soup is VERY good with a hint of spiciness. Grand Central Station is also one of my favorite buildings in NYC - so I always have something to talk to my guests about when I need small-talk.Special Features:
- Too extensive for what you gettoscaneDined on 8/18/2014When you ordre à main course (for example a steak), it comes with nothing else un the plate. Just the steak. If you want vegetables, they charge you 9 dollars for each but they don't tell you that you have more than enough to share... for 3 !!! Just for veggies, we paid over 36 $ to leave more than half !!! I really wasn't happy that our waiter did not advise us. Please be aware !Special Features:
- Paying for the name and locationEmiloublueDined on 8/17/2014No appetizer, no dessert yet $100 per head. Not that great a steak and no Michael Jordan memorabilia or anything to link restaurant to him. No wonder the place was pretty empty.
- Beyond disappointed.TrueNewYorkerDined on 8/15/2014Stay away! The best part of the meal was the bread and the strawberry short cake. Everything else was horrible. The meat were a cheap cut and were overcooked. I ordered med rare on the rare side and my boyfriend ordered med rare. Both steaks were medium to med well and covered in so much pepper, I could barely eat it. I ordered sautéd green beans and they came out steamed. The meal took forever and we had to order more bread in the middle because we were so hungry. The portions were tiny. You could see directly into the kitchen b/c the double doors were left open the whole time. Final insult, they charged me extra for a birthday cake we did not order (I asked just to write something on the plate of the included dessert).
- it is OK, not excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014the steak is good, salad and dessert are just OK, not exciting at allSpecial Features:
- Eat at Michael'sEatatMichaelsDined on 8/15/2014As it was our first time at Michael Jordan's Steak House, I and my friends did not expect the food at Michael Jordan's to be delightfully delicious. We certainly enjoyed our lunch with a nice view of GCT (courtesy of the Maitre D'). [My only disappointment was the Mojito, which had an excess of lime and had very little of rum.]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014It was better than I expected. The food was delicious and I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Early DinnerMangiaDined on 8/14/2014I have walked by Michael Jordan's Restaurant for many years unsure if I would like the ambiance of the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised that with all of the hustle and bustle of Grand Central Station you can still feel a sense of privacy . The service was very good as well as the food. I would return to Michael Jordan's Steak House.Special Features:
- Landmark LunchnycgalDined on 8/14/2014It's located in the historic main hall of Grand Central Station. The food, service & decor are a match to that great location. My friends and I had a lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resaturant WeekSIdadof2Dined on 8/14/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week. Great selection for lunch, had excellent boneless rib eye. Great seats overlooking Grand Central, not too noisy for location. No choice for side, came with fresh corn salad (kids didn't like peppers in salad). Had to order side of creamed spinach, a la carte. Desserts and salads great. Daughter loved fresh mozzarella with tomato and balsamic. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingpokeysmomDined on 8/13/2014Thought I'd try Michael Jordan's for Rest Week. The lunch menu offered appealed to me. Right off the bat I almost did not stay because all tables are on the open balcony and there is very little air conditioning. Pleasant greeting by all staff even though I was a lone female. The mozzarella & tomato salad was fair; I've had better quality elsewhere. Had to send the sliced roast beef back;very fatty. Second sandwich was better but was well done instead of medium rare, as I had ordered it. However, I will say that it was tasty. Good size portions. The pineapple with vanilla ice cream was refreshing. The staff were all very accommodating and genuinely wanted to please me. The Maitre D was apologetic about the meat.Special Features:
- going outtotwoDined on 8/12/2014I enjoyed it , I like the feel of it ,some place nice to go , people , thank you!Special Features:
- Great placeLuvfinediningDined on 8/11/2014This was a very nice dining experience The servers were fonder full and the good was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect LunchBestMealEverVIPDined on 8/11/2014I went here for lunch and quite possibly had the best rib sandwich i've ever had in my life. The meat was cooked perfectly and the creamed spinach on the side made it even better. I will definitely be back here again.Special Features:
- disappointingLikeToEatDined on 8/11/2014We went for restaurant week-lunch. My salad had a bug in it and needed to be replaced. The ceasar salad tasted OK, but not spectacular. Boneless Ribeye was cooked perfectly on the inside but the outside was peppery and there werent any other flavors. It was served with a bland sauce and "corn salad",it tasted like corn that I could make at home. I expected more from the desserts, the roasted pinapple with vanilla ice cream sounded delicious, it was literally a scoop of vanilla ice cream sitting on a pinapple slice. My friend had the "summer sorbet"-a scoop of raspberry sorbet. The waiter accidently spilled some drinks next to our table, and our feet were wet and sticky. Definitely not worth $25 dollars. Maybe the regular menu tastes better.
- Grand Central Terminalnyc21Dined on 8/10/2014The building had a historic feel because of the location. I took my children and we are from Chicago therefore it was unusual to have a high end restaurant in a train station. We enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. We were seated quickly and also received a call a day in advance to confirm out reservation. Overall, the food was very good and the dessert was delicious (strawberry shortcake).Special Features:
- Touristyjaffey0422VIPDined on 8/10/2014What can you expect from a restaurant in grand central? It was filled with tourists looking for a New York steakhouse experience. Food was okay, portions were slightly small. But hey, I get it... Restaurant week allures customers with promises of steak at no extra cost. The gazpacho was actually really, really good.Special Features:
- Awesome steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014I came here to restaurant week. Their selection was very good. I had the gazpacho and boneless rib eye. Everything was delicious. The best part was dining right in central park. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forgetful waiterDoniDined on 8/8/2014Unfortunately, our waiter forgot to bring us bread. I thought this was the restaurant's policy until I later saw bread bing delivered to the next table. When I asked the waiter why we hadn't received any bread, he said "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot." He needs to be retrained. on how to take his job more seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, UNIQUE EXPERIENCEhappyfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014What an amazing experience! I wasn't sure how it would be to "eat in Grand Central", but it was such a unique opportunity - being removed from the hustle and bustle and being able to really take in the atmosphere. The food was delicious. We went for Restaurant Week and the portions were great and the menu was fantastic! The host was very gracious, in asking us if we wanted to wait a couple of minutes while they cleared one of the overlooking tables. The servers were spot on - when we ran out of bread from the fondue dip, they brought us more without us evening asking. Definitely deserving of the ratings. Thanks so much for a great evening out!Special Features:
- Great Ambience..avg. food & serviceFoodieLoverDined on 8/7/2014Three of us went there during restaurant week for lunch (prix fix $25). The ambience is absolutely fantastic and the dining room is really spacious. Lot of room between the tables. Service was average in the sense that one had to call the waiters frequently for things...they were not proactively checking on us. The food arrived on time, but just felt average. I had the salmon, and somehow just did not taste great and the green beans that came with the dish was seriously undercooked. Overall, an ok experience..nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JFJrVIPDined on 8/7/2014You figure any famous person who is not a chef but puts his name on a restaurant...not likely to be worth a visit. Michael Jordan's Steakhouse is a major exception...it's a particularly great place to eat during NYC Restaurant Week! Friendly service and terrific food, not just steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkTotoDined on 8/6/2014Restaurant is inside union train station. Food was good and a great price. Good servings but nothing special.Special Features:
- Bad serviceQueenzDined on 8/6/2014We had so many different waiters. We kept having to ask different people for things such as a menu, water, bread, our drinks. The waiter asked if I wanted water and it never came. When my friend arrived they came for our order but never gave her a menu. We asked for the wine list and had to ask 2x. We ordered drinks and they never came. No one ever came back so we asked the hostess when she walked by for whatever we needed. It was not packed so no excuse for the horrible service.Special Features:
- OINKDined on 8/6/2014Great food, great service. The location is a little noisy: the din of Grand Central station can be heard from below.Special Features:
- Reunion lunchlove2dineandwineDined on 8/6/2014This was an excellent choice for all age levels, from 10 years to past 80. The food was very good and the service was excellent, even for some of the folk who did not speak English. I would recommend Michael Jordan's wholeheartedly. We were there during restaurant week, so the prices were incredible.Special Features:
- michelleDined on 8/6/2014Great spot and friendly staff but the food was almost inedible.Special Features:
- Michael Jordan's delivers the goodsJanesvilleUSADined on 8/1/2014This is the second time I've taken a family member to MJs Steak House for a birthday dinner and I wasn't disappointed!! I booked through Open Table and advised during the online booking process that it was my daughters 24th birthday...not only did the hostess greet my daughter with a "Happy Birthday" at the door, but the kitchen did a beautiful job dressing up the dessert plate with a birthday wish spelled out in chocolate syrup...AND they sang to her! On top of all this, it was Restaurant Week" so we got a good deal :) the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014food was uninspired,overpriced and very small portionsSpecial Features:
- Better than I expectedNYCfoodie88Dined on 7/30/2014The food was better than I expected. My boyfriend is a huge Michael Jordan fan so it was the main reason we went. The rib eye was tender. The sides were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekPerSeusHKDined on 7/30/2014Tried out this restaurant for the first time and the food was fantastic. Have to say the portion is mighty small for a regular male including the appetizer and dessert. However, it was delicious. I am an Asian avg size male and the portion was kind of dissappointing. The dessert set up could be more artistic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014I went for a birthday dinner. the food was very good. The staff was friendly, they sung happy birthday and decorate a cake. Overall, very nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLesleyBDined on 7/29/2014Everything was amazing. From the service down to the classic grand central style hustle and bustle. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for Restaurant WeekFoodGuyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Although the quality of the food was very good, Restaurant Week portions were considerably and noticeably small (dining at a nearby competitor resulted in normal portion size, and not a downsized Restaurant Week portion). Small minded thinking by management, as we were new to Michael Jordan's and would be extremely reluctant to return. I'm sure if Michael were there he would have considered this an appetizer!Special Features:
- FoodAdmirerDined on 7/29/2014Great value for Restaurant Week lunch. Generous portion and good service. Food was delicious. My friend had Caesar saland and I had tomato with mozzarella. We both had the boneless ribeye - big lunch portion, good quality and tasty. There's enough steak leftover that both my friend and I took it home to make sandwiches for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014my steak was very fatty, dessert was plain and simple
- the good and the badSaltyDined on 7/28/2014the food was of good quality and the table service very good. nothing to complain about. The server was attentive and i was seated without issue though i was half an hour early. Well done. That's the good. The bad is that the hostess, at the front of the restaurant, before you enter the bar area is the worst. She was not welcoming, not pleasant and clearly had better things to do. thankfully everyone else was very nice.Special Features: