Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
23 Vanderbilt Ave
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michaeljordansnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 655-2300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:30am – 2:30pm
Monday – Saturday 5:00pm – 10:15pm
Sunday 5:00pm – 9:15pm
Monday – Friday 11:30am – Midnight
Saturday 12:00pm – Midnight Sunday
2:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
Situated on the North and West balconies of New York's Grand Central Terminal, this restaurant was designed to reflect Michaels sense of taste and style. Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. ranks among the finest steakhouses in Manhattan, offering a world class menu and an extensive, eclectic selection of wines and spirits. There are two private dining rooms and two semi private dining rooms available, with pre-fixe menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)special occasion (71)great for lunch (54)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (36)romantic (33)hot spot (22)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014It was a party of 6 for a business occasion. We requested a semi-private room which was ready when we arrived. Very good food. Very good wine list. Very good service. Especially great to entertain people from out of town. Gorgeous Grand Central Terminal background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I visited MJ 2 years ago with my family , had a lovely time, so thought I would entertain my friends on this trip to New York, although the meal was lovely,that is the only thing right with our experience . it didn't all arrive, our waiter kept saying he will be with us in a few minutes and an hour later we ordered our meals, the restaurant only had 3 tables occupied the whole time, In fact there were more staff than customers , we had finished our bottle of water and bottle of wine before our meal arrived, the conversation the waiter made with us (ladies) was inappropriate, At the time we found the experience hilarious due to the very poor service we received in comparison to other establishments MJ you need to re train some of your staff if you want this establishment to be up there with the best, I probably will give you my custom again, however if there has been no improvement I will de frien youSpecial Features:
- Cut of the nightpeteDined on 11/22/2014Was too grisly- for the price we paid it was disappointing. I had reservations and don't understand why our table was in the bar area.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Very disappointed with the service and food. Our steaks were both cooked wrong, but to top it off they were over seasoned with black pepper making us not even want to finish our meal. Sides were ok, but nothing special. I won't go there again. The only thing the place has going for it is it's beautiful scenery. We felt like we were bothering our server because he had such a lack of interpersonal skills it made us feel un-welcomed.Special Features:
- You're paying for the nameNJFoodie973Dined on 11/22/2014The Michael Jordan Steakhouse has a wonder location but the food was mediocre. The steak was not properly seasoned, the waiters were not very personable, and for that amount of money one would expect the ambiance or theme of the restaurant to coincide with the name. Overall it was OK but I don't see myself returning.Special Features:
- Disappointed...Anu123Dined on 11/22/2014Went for lunch over the weekend. The ambience and seating over the balcony were great. We had a problem with the service. My son ordered a root beer. After our neighbouring tables were all served, we asked again. The waiter said there was no root beer. Based on comments here, my daughter ordered the mac and cheese, which she did not like. Also the garlic bread was over 'toasted' and black in places and did not taste of garlic. I found the burger to be 'ok', but my son enjoyed the NY steak (at $45 with no sides). Overall a good experience, but we would not return.Special Features:
- MikaVIPDined on 11/21/2014We tried fast track. Appetiser and dessert were ok, but entree was not very much impressive.Special Features:
- A perfect choice for a true New York experience.DavidlllllllDined on 11/20/2014Overlooking the Grand Concourse of Grand Central Station (which I always refer to as the pride of NY) enjoying a sumptuous lunch is an opportunity everyone should experience. The food was delicious, well priced and proportioned, the wait staff excellent and somehow the acoustics were perfect in that a table of 3 (average age 76) had no trouble hearing each other or the wait staff. Cobb Salad and Prime Rib sandwiches superb, Baked Alaska was particularly notable and we'll definitely be going back for dinner. The entire experience was much better than I had anticipated, I've eaten in many of NY's greatest restaurants and for me this was definitely one of the highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKBts1Dined on 11/15/2014The setting is terrific but sort of a weird atmosphere. The best steak fries ever, cannot figure how they stay hot after 30 minutes. The rib eye very good...bit too many peppercorns...$48...what you would expect...lobster bisque very flavorful but only one piece of lobster? Should have 2-3. Served Luke warm...the waiters????????tried but not professional and general lack of training. The head waiter Matri De (sic)...useless...terrific bar business and looked like a very good bar! Grand Central Terminal ...always outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Grand CentralOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014Located inside Grand Central Station it is an unique dining experience eating there overlooking the main concourse in Grand Central. Although you can hear the crowd in the background it is not loud and does not interrupt your dining experience. There were five of us and we had a nice table conversation without any distraction or noise interference from below. The food is excellent and the service is very good as well, I would recommend it without doubt for an enjoyable time and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park2VIPDined on 11/14/2014I am a vegetarian and for a steakhouse, MJ's restaurant provides selections to satisfy my taste buds. It would have been nice to have been able to make substitutes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view & serviceTexasMarlaDined on 11/13/2014Wonderful meal, staff, and view! You have to try the macaroni & cheese! Great mojito as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Loved the restaurant. It was great being in Grand Central Station - unusual setting but it works. The food was great and my husband said his steak was the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still worth it.AndreiaMDined on 11/9/2014I was there with my family celebrating my husband's anniversary while visiting NY and since we've been there before and knew the quality of the food we decided to go back. The scenery of the GCStation is really magic too so in the overall it was a very satisfying experience. Just two negative notes: the restaurant was partly closed and we would have preferred a bigger table, on the main dining area. We were sat at the front, in a very small table for 7 people. I can´t tell if this is due to the fact of being a sunday or if the restaurant is just reducing in costs. Also, we had a "simple" meal, no wines, only one or two deserts and i found it terribly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot to meetNYeratheartDined on 11/7/2014perfect place to meet my friend for dinner before catching a late train home. we sat on the balcony overlooking GCT; the view is iconic and it was surprisingly NOT noisy. conversation was unimpeded by the background din of Grand Central, the waiters didn't rush us a bit, and I had a perfect Patron marguerite. great way to start my weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good enough for the priceNYvisitorDined on 11/5/2014Awesome location in Grand Central Station. The problem was the food and the service. We got a wine menu and water but it seemed like forever until we got the food menu. I started to pull up the food menu on my phone. I asked for my steak to be medium well (since my husband is the steak person -not me). My food was a red as could be. The price didn't match the food and service.
- Work dinner meetingReview23Dined on 11/5/2014Good food as always. good service very convenient to transit yet not fast food. would reccomend again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing steakWaynerDined on 11/4/2014I had the worst filet I've ever had. The server never asked how our food was. Maybe he knew better than to ask.
- nice food and serviceMitchanDined on 11/2/2014I enjoyed mouth watering steaks, which was soft and gentle taste. Moreover the service was also nice and cut and share the steaks Thanby pieces. I would like to visit and enjoy again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as first visit !Cammitch1516Dined on 10/26/2014The service was slow despite the restraurant being very quiet. We had requested a table by the wall, over looking the main concourse below. This was because we were there to celebrate our sons 16th birthdays and we were very disappointed to find a couple who had not booked but had just walked in off the street were given a table for four right by the wall and we were foreced to sit in the middle of the restraurant despite having bokked several weeks before ! This ruined our night as the boys were really looking forward to the view over the main concourse of Grand Central. Also we were very disappointed with the desserts selection, very poor compared to our previous visit in 2012.Special Features:
- Great foodMma70Dined on 10/25/2014Fantastic food and great restaurant. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Break!McAuntLindaDined on 10/24/2014The food was great and the service prompt and friendly. However, upon entering, we didn't feel very welcomed by the expression of who I think was the maitre 'd; an observation we shared with who I think was a manager. I would also like to see more prix fixe options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointingGourmetDined on 10/24/2014The building is iconic and that's why I brought out of town guests here. The food was just ok. We went for lunch maybe dinner is better.
- What a fabulous restaurant!sianisaysDined on 10/23/2014We booked Michael Jordan's Steakhouse as a result of a friend's recommendation - and we were not disappointed. It was everything she said it was and more. We had asked for a table overlooking Grand Central Station as it was our wedding anniversary trip to New York and we got the best table in the house - literally. The view was amazing, the ambience absolutely perfect and the food was beyond our expectations. This is easily the best meal that I have EVER had - the steak melted in my mouth, the sweet potato fries were gorgeous and the creamed spinach to die for. Top that off with an amazing dessert and a fantastic Sauvignon Blanc and this really was perfect in every way. Thank you to the staff for making our trip a truly memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!LindylooDined on 10/22/2014We loved the rib eye and the strip steak. Mushrooms were outstanding. The martinis were good, but rather small for the very high price. All else was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner of the Year!AggieDined on 10/19/2014We had a wonderful time at the Grand Central Station location. It is a beautiful setting. The service is amazing!Special Features:
- Fab foodJimboDined on 10/16/2014Everything was perfect but the prices are a bit highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inattentive waiterMimsieDined on 10/12/2014The waiter is why I am giving Michael Jordan's two stars. Lackluster service for such an upscale restaurant. Both sides dishes we ordered were almost warm . Who likes cold mashed potatoes? He almost didn't ask us if we wanted drinks, we had to ask. We got our meals and were finished at least 15 minutes before he returned . Finally got our dessert, another 20 minutes before we got our tab. We had to flag down a busboy to get our waiter.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerChksb10Dined on 10/8/2014The view and atmosphere were both wonderful.The staff was attentive throughout our meal. The food was very good and did not disappoint. We wanted a great meal for a special occasion and that's just what we got!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tips on the credit CardOswaldoDined on 10/7/2014Hi, everething was good, excellent, the only thing i don't realy like was that the credit card was allready charge the Tips , i don't undestand that, Why somebody has to put extra charge on my credit Card!?. finally I mean it, it was not great.Special Features:
- Excellent AtmosphereCanadaDinesDined on 10/4/2014We booked at Michael Jordan's online not really knowing what to expect. Our experience was awesome. The restaurant is in The Grand Central Terminal so the atmosphere is awesome. The food was incredible. I highly recommend the bone in rib eye. The service was excellent and very friendly. It was a wonderful experience using OpenTable to book my reservation and will be using it often. The bar area at Michael Jordan's was excellent as well. Very good service and again the atmosphere is incredible. I highly recommend Michael Jordan's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Fabulous location and food but a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidajs0622Dined on 9/29/2014Going for a biz lunch is the only way to go. The food was solid but a foodie wouldn't get excited about the plates. We ordered seafood, steaks, vegetables and wine. The staff was accommodating and kind.Special Features:
- Not good value.durhamdivaDined on 9/28/2014Food was good, but all was served a la carte. As a result, the price for the meal was extraordinarily high. And, although we were only a party of three, a 20% tip was added to the bill. The cost of the meal was too expensive for what we received.Special Features:
- Ok Meals.lov2trydiffDined on 9/22/2014I am from Texas and wanted try your steak and it wasn't any fancy. It was an average meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Very good food. Very attentive staff. Both my wife and I enjoyed sitting above GCT and all of the bustle and yet not hearing any noise from the crowd.Special Features:
- Great food, service and view!!!JenniFDined on 9/20/2014We went to Michael Jordan's Steakhouse as it had been recommended by a friend, and we are so glad we came. We had an early dinner here as we were going to see a show in Broadway. When we arrived the hostesses were lovely and sent us straight to our table. At that time in the evening it was very quiet which was nice. We had a table right over the balcony looking over the concourse of grand Central station which was wonderful to just watch the world go by. Our waiter was very attentive and quick as we told him we had to be out by a certain time. We both ordered the New York strip steak which was both enormous and delicious! We had a really nice time here, it was a lovely start to our evening and we would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great for visitors and locals just the same - pricey but worth it. The view from the balcony is awesome. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeg0814Dined on 9/16/2014well the waiter dripped hot coffee on my guest damaging his shirt and causing him pain. btw the coffee was hot as I like it. the manager came over and apologized but to our surprise still charged as for the coffee.lolSpecial Features:
- Quensseential New York Fine DiningGrandCentralStarDined on 9/15/2014My third visit to Michael Jordan's Steak House was certainly the charm, the best service and dishes I've experienced in recent memory. Be prepared to spend, but you'll feel like a Rockefeller afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.