Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
505 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mjshchicago.com/
- Phone: 3123218823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the occasion Michael Jordan's Steak House is the place to meet, eat and celebrate. We have two private event spaces and many large party dining areas perfect for your next event. Our private rooms at Michael Jordan's Steak House are filled with warm woods, soft leathers, flat screen TVs and we have an on-site audio visual team ready to assist you with anything you might need.
- Private Party Contact: Vina Moore 3123218834
- Entertainment: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
- Special Events: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
A word from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
The Michael Jordan's Steakhouse experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. The Steakhouse menu, featuring a multitude of steaks and sides, is a classic American dining experience. However, at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, we add a progressive culinary sensibility to the menu, modernizing recipes to meet the sophisticated tastes of today's guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)romantic (83)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (54)good for groups (42)hot spot (41)scenic view (30)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (20)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The best in every category. Food quality and presentation were of the highest standard. We loved the entire experience and will be back anytime we are in Chicago.Special Features:
- Great like Jordan himselfThefabulousJLCDined on 9/6/2014Everything was tremendous. It was our first anniversary dinner & we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Perfect choice for our celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for special occasionclaudineDined on 9/6/2014Staff was friendly and very good service. Went out of their way to make it special for our anniversary. Served us champagne right away. Wrote happy anniversary on our dessert plate with chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SweetDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations from the service to the food quality itself! Anter was also an awesome waiter! He was very professional and gave us great tips on which foods to try. Must try the Delmonico steak, garlic bread and crab cakes.Special Features:
- bday dinnermlc002Dined on 9/5/2014Food and service were great. Will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff!!!!chitownBBDined on 9/5/2014JC is the best, great birthday dinner for my gal! Food is consistently great, good wine list and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereKimMDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Chicago several times but never dined at Michael Jordon's Steakhouse. We decided to try it and it was amazing. We were having chocolates and wine later, so we didn't want to fill up too much. However, we had the garlic bread appetizer and it was the best garlic bread I've ever had. Drizzled with cheese, it was amazing. I had the lamb chops and they were very good. We also had the baked potatoes. Again, probably the best potatoes I've ever had. The lobster flavored potatoes were incredible. I will definitely go back for the steak next time!Special Features:
- Great Crab CakehickmantDined on 9/4/2014This was my first time at Michael Jordan's restaurant. The crab cake was one of the best that I've ever had. The mashed potatoes and caesar salad were also awesome. I would definitely recommend any of these items!Special Features:
- excellentanniversarytorememberDined on 8/31/2014The waiter was the best. Everything he recommended we tried and it was super good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly perfect!ElishaDined on 8/31/2014Everything about my experience was fantastic. I've been to many high-end steakhouses and this was one of the best (if not the best). My only issue was with the table we were given. I was upset to see that they had seated other parties of two in large booths-even though my party of two was seated at a small table located in the middle of the restaurant (even though there were 3 other booths free). It was just uncomfortable because we had no space on the table and felt as if we couldn't have a private conversation. Other than that it was perfect!Special Features:
- AmazingMhuizarDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food and great customer service . Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGr8timeDined on 8/29/2014Stake was Delicious!! Customer service was outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slam Dunk by 23!SteakisbestDined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic. Recommend starting with the garlic bread & blue cheese for an app. Had the Porterhouse for two. It was cooked perfect and enjoyed every bite. Service was way above par. Highly rec commend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steakhouse in Heart of ChicagomikerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service, very good filet mignon and wines by the glass. Delmanaco was not as good as filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time @ MJ'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014We had friends from out of town and they wanted to treat us to a special dinner at a Chicago Steakhouse. I suggested MJ's because I always wanted to go there. What a fabulous evening! From cocktails to dessert it was incredible and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Held business dinner here with associates and food and service was very good. Which was great - I was staying at the hotel and it was raining cats and dogs outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- adt1555Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food selection and service. great location..!Special Features:
- Recommended by localsAlexcat55Dined on 8/19/2014Our waiter (I think his name is Anter?)was awesome, he made great recommendations, we actually split a steak, appetizer and salad. Liked his wine suggestion, spot on. Everything is huge portions, atmosphere was great, loved the décor.Special Features:
- MJ SteakhouseMissFoodie2ShoesDined on 8/18/2014I love this place. Great choice if you want great food for a birthday. Quick and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not good.RtjjDined on 8/16/2014The food was not as good this time. I don't know if they have a new chef or not. We could not eat the steak or pork chops. The Mac and cheese and broccoli was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 8/16/2014The staff was very nice, but as soon as we were seated the waitress spilled the whole water container all over my husband. The staff did clean up the water and gave my husband a napkin and stated "use this it's very absorbent." My husband and I have dined at many steakhouses this was subpar at best.... nothing special.
- I really enjoyed the food.CbagoDined on 8/14/2014It was a very relaxing atmosphere. I had a really good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed TouristSuzyDined on 8/10/2014The food was great and the service started well; after a very loud & demanding group sat down behind us, we were no longer on our waiter's radar - clearly the tip earning would be much higher from them than us, the quiet party. The foul language of the demanding neighboring party became so offensive that the top-quality food lost it's excitement - I will not return. I never mind paying for top-quality food with an amazing atmosphere and impeccable service - but one out of three doesn't work for me.Special Features:
- LovechicagoDined on 8/10/2014The ambience is not too formal which make diners feel comfortable. Food was great, something different from regular restaurants, and the service was great too, server, Claudia, is knowledgeable and recommended us some of the menus, and she has a sense of humour too. Thumbs up for overall!Special Features:
- very goodWills79thDined on 8/10/2014My husband ,Will, truly enjoyed his birthday meal@one of his favorite players restaurant. Priceless! His birthday cheesecake was exceptional. Thank you! P.S. I enjoyed my meal also,but it was about him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivNdDDined on 8/9/2014Tables were too long noise levels were ok good was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh My Goodness!!MydelvrDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Michael Jordan's. The occasion was my Son's 30th Birthday. I was soo pleased with everything. The Maitre'D was charming, our waiter was exceptional. I can't find the words to describe how much we enjoyed dining here. I will definitely return in the future. Also, we were not rushed out! We sat and talked for about an hour after our meal was done. I appreciate all of the employees there. Thank you for making Brandon's day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve TwetenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was great! The staff was very attentive. The food was excellent. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Food hands down delicious!!melnikDined on 8/9/2014Every bit of the meal was superb. The staff was very attentive from the moment we stepped in the door. Definetly dining here every time we visit Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElementDDined on 8/9/2014The food was absolutely delicious with some unique items. If you looking for some type of Jordan experience though you might skip, except for a few pictures on the walls there was noting noteworthy here. I took my son and it was not what we expected though we really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAlexDined on 8/8/2014This was an overall great dining experience. The service was amazing, the food was even better and they had multiple surprises for me since it was my birthday. They brought us a glass of champagne, their signature appetizer and a free dessert all on the house. This is a must try for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedJohn60613VIPDined on 8/8/2014With some many steak restaurants in the city, this was good but nothing incredible for the high prices.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Great for my business meeting. The servers were professional and not intrusive. Conversations stayed within the boundries of the booth. The wine was superb from a manageable list to choose fom.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceJjpebbles26Dined on 8/5/2014The food was good, the waiter we had was very informative and nice. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger of ChampionsYouJustGotMackedDined on 8/3/2014My family and I all had different variations of the signature burger and it was amazing. VERY well priced and hearty. The service was great and they give the cutest little MJ signature napkins. If ever I am in Chicago again, I will most certainly swing by and grab another burger here.Special Features:
- placehonestyDined on 8/2/2014disappointed- the table is so small with all the big plates and wine glasses. I asked for private booth - frustrated- very exposed and I was on the walkway slow service- our server took a long while to bring out wine glasses bec he had to accommodate the other table of 4 which was also assigned to himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!KimmyDined on 8/1/2014I was there for my birthday celebration with my girlfrends. Definitely a special occasion outing, we tried the gralic bread fondue(very good)we had the t-bone for 2 that was cut and ready to serve which was amazing, my other girlfriend had the pork chop HUGE, juicy and very flavorful. Sides we had the mashed potatoe trio (great), mac&cheese(just ok) and the fried corn(delicious)! And for dessert none other then the 27 layer chocolate cake(we actually counted in it is really 27 leayers of pure bliss) Overall a great time and I really enjoyed my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanFoodiesDined on 7/31/2014Took forever for our food; steaks were cooked at least one level above what was asked for.... We had to remind out waiter our food wasn't out yet at 1.5 hours after ordering since he hadn't been back to the table, and to top it off the price was to expensive for mediocre food and service.
- Michael Jordan's SteakhousePrincessKatelynDined on 7/31/2014My boyfriend and I attended Michael Jordan's Steakhouse for his birthday celebration. I wanted it to be a romantic night for just the two of us with an amazing meal for the both of us. We had the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer which was amazing, and we both had steaks for our main course. Everything was great. The atmosphere was perfect and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceSpeedracerDined on 7/31/2014I trusted a friends recommendation and booked my wife's surprise bday dinner here. I was initially hesitant because, though a huge MJ fan, I wanted a top line steakhouse experience. WOW was I pleasantly surprised. Not only was the food outstanding, the service was impeccable. My spouse and I sat in a small booth overlooking Michigan Ave and we very much enjoyed the entire experience. Don't miss out on this place. Michael Jordan is the best basketball player EVER and he has reached his 7th championship with this restaurant.Special Features: