Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
505 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mjshchicago.com/
- Phone: 3123218823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the occasion Michael Jordan's Steak House is the place to meet, eat and celebrate. We have two private event spaces and many large party dining areas perfect for your next event. Our private rooms at Michael Jordan's Steak House are filled with warm woods, soft leathers, flat screen TVs and we have an on-site audio visual team ready to assist you with anything you might need.
- Private Party Contact: Vina Moore 3123218834
- Entertainment: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
- Special Events: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
A word from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
The Michael Jordan's Steakhouse experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. The Steakhouse menu, featuring a multitude of steaks and sides, is a classic American dining experience. However, at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, we add a progressive culinary sensibility to the menu, modernizing recipes to meet the sophisticated tastes of today's guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)romantic (89)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (59)good for groups (43)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (26)scenic view (26)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Delicious2pickyeatersDined on 9/27/2014Superb service, excellent food and a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningPeppyDined on 9/23/2014There for business dinner and it was good to have great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, stuck up hostess.LdotDined on 9/22/2014Great food, good location. Sides are big enough for 2+ people. Wished the server had told us that instead of letting us order too much. Minor complaint, table was wobbly and the flatware wasn't polished. It should be for a dinner at this price. Major complaint, hostess informed us of business casual dress code when we confirmed out reservations. She was very specific about telling us, to the point of being stuck up. We were from out of country so I went and bought dress pants that I didn't have with me, in place of dark jeans. Surprise, surprise when we got there most people were in jeans, tee shirts and hoodies. One woman had jeans with holes in them and the hostess didn't even meet dress code. She had leggings on. Not pleased at all.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014It took a long time to get initial service. Then, we continued to feel like an after thought to the servers. Place seemed dirty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and very knowledgable staff. Had a delicious dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rightbowerVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was good but for the price I expected better.
- Excellent!DivadinerDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant never disappoints! Wonderful ambience, delicious lamb chops, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrated my birthday heremaiah69Dined on 9/19/2014This place was amazing. Food was above exceptional. I had the famous garlic bread as an appetizer and it was delicious. For dinner I had the ranch pork chop which was so tender as well as the finger licking potatoes with caramelized onions.I was so full I had to get the rest to go. I would definitely visit again.Just amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not MJ QualityFood4ThoughtDined on 9/19/2014Chicago is known for great restaurants, especially steakhouses. MJ's is not one of them. I should have known when I was able to get a table for 3 on a Friday night only an hour before arrival and then found place largely empty. The steak was so highly salted, I couldn't finish it, and I always finish my steak. The Mac and cheese, creamed spinach was bland. The sides were so uninteresting that I would have thought they came from a school lunchroom. The bacon appetizer was intense and tasty. I would recommend getting one order for the table and slicing it up to put on the otherwise boring salads. There was a limited dessert menu. No scotch or vodka listing. To top it off, of course, it was extremely expensive. I would not recommend.
- Excellent Experience!TravelingDinerDined on 9/17/2014Food was excellent, service was wonderful - including a waitstaff with great recommendations, and the ambiance was awesome. If I can pick on anything, they would not seat us until the 'entire party' arrived - sort of annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbInfrequentDinerDined on 9/15/2014The bone in filet was simply the best steak I have ever tasted - cooked exactly to my liking. This was a special occasion and our first time in Chicago - plenty of restaurants to choose from - very glad we tried this one.Special Features:
- Special OccasionSimpleEleganceDined on 9/13/2014I really enjoyed the restaurant. The ambiance was very good, low lighting. Great for a cozy romantic dinner. However, their wasn't many choices on the menu and some of the food, I had never heard of. The steak was cooked very well. Need more selections for sides (twice baked potato, rice pilaf, etc.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The best in every category. Food quality and presentation were of the highest standard. We loved the entire experience and will be back anytime we are in Chicago.Special Features:
- Asked for alarge tableAwayDined on 9/12/2014What is point in requesting something that was never conveyed to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great like Jordan himselfThefabulousJLCDined on 9/6/2014Everything was tremendous. It was our first anniversary dinner & we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Perfect choice for our celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for special occasionclaudineDined on 9/6/2014Staff was friendly and very good service. Went out of their way to make it special for our anniversary. Served us champagne right away. Wrote happy anniversary on our dessert plate with chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SweetDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations from the service to the food quality itself! Anter was also an awesome waiter! He was very professional and gave us great tips on which foods to try. Must try the Delmonico steak, garlic bread and crab cakes.Special Features:
- bday dinnermlc002Dined on 9/5/2014Food and service were great. Will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff!!!!chitownBBDined on 9/5/2014JC is the best, great birthday dinner for my gal! Food is consistently great, good wine list and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereKimMDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Chicago several times but never dined at Michael Jordon's Steakhouse. We decided to try it and it was amazing. We were having chocolates and wine later, so we didn't want to fill up too much. However, we had the garlic bread appetizer and it was the best garlic bread I've ever had. Drizzled with cheese, it was amazing. I had the lamb chops and they were very good. We also had the baked potatoes. Again, probably the best potatoes I've ever had. The lobster flavored potatoes were incredible. I will definitely go back for the steak next time!Special Features:
- Great Crab CakehickmantDined on 9/4/2014This was my first time at Michael Jordan's restaurant. The crab cake was one of the best that I've ever had. The mashed potatoes and caesar salad were also awesome. I would definitely recommend any of these items!Special Features:
- excellentanniversarytorememberDined on 8/31/2014The waiter was the best. Everything he recommended we tried and it was super good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly perfect!ElishaDined on 8/31/2014Everything about my experience was fantastic. I've been to many high-end steakhouses and this was one of the best (if not the best). My only issue was with the table we were given. I was upset to see that they had seated other parties of two in large booths-even though my party of two was seated at a small table located in the middle of the restaurant (even though there were 3 other booths free). It was just uncomfortable because we had no space on the table and felt as if we couldn't have a private conversation. Other than that it was perfect!Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was great and delicious...the only thing I didn't like was that I mentioned it was a birthday event, but they didn't do/say anything. I had called ahead of time to see if they world sing or surprise him with a piece of cake, they said they would but nothing was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMhuizarDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food and great customer service . Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGr8timeDined on 8/29/2014Stake was Delicious!! Customer service was outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slam Dunk by 23!SteakisbestDined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic. Recommend starting with the garlic bread & blue cheese for an app. Had the Porterhouse for two. It was cooked perfect and enjoyed every bite. Service was way above par. Highly rec commend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steakhouse in Heart of ChicagomikerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service, very good filet mignon and wines by the glass. Delmanaco was not as good as filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks and friesfoodismynumberonehobbyDined on 8/22/2014I totally did not expect myself to enjoy the food there as it has a celebrity name (I find that gimmicky). However, I was totally blown away by the food especially the MJ's Del Monico (dry-aged steak). Wow, that was the most delicious juicy dry-aged steak I've ever had anywhere. I also ordered the colossal crab cake (which is amazing) and the fries. The fries is also heaven-sent. It was fried in beef fat so you know it would be great. The food is amazing and very greasy (a good thing as fat makes food taste great). I would totally recommend this restaurant as the best place for steak in Chicago. I'm already thinking about going back for the steaks and fries again.Special Features:
- Great time @ MJ'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014We had friends from out of town and they wanted to treat us to a special dinner at a Chicago Steakhouse. I suggested MJ's because I always wanted to go there. What a fabulous evening! From cocktails to dessert it was incredible and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Held business dinner here with associates and food and service was very good. Which was great - I was staying at the hotel and it was raining cats and dogs outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- adt1555Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food selection and service. great location..!Special Features:
- Recommended by localsAlexcat55Dined on 8/19/2014Our waiter (I think his name is Anter?)was awesome, he made great recommendations, we actually split a steak, appetizer and salad. Liked his wine suggestion, spot on. Everything is huge portions, atmosphere was great, loved the décor.Special Features:
- MJ SteakhouseMissFoodie2ShoesDined on 8/18/2014I love this place. Great choice if you want great food for a birthday. Quick and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not good.RtjjDined on 8/16/2014The food was not as good this time. I don't know if they have a new chef or not. We could not eat the steak or pork chops. The Mac and cheese and broccoli was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 8/16/2014The staff was very nice, but as soon as we were seated the waitress spilled the whole water container all over my husband. The staff did clean up the water and gave my husband a napkin and stated "use this it's very absorbent." My husband and I have dined at many steakhouses this was subpar at best.... nothing special.
- I really enjoyed the food.CbagoDined on 8/14/2014It was a very relaxing atmosphere. I had a really good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed TouristSuzyDined on 8/10/2014The food was great and the service started well; after a very loud & demanding group sat down behind us, we were no longer on our waiter's radar - clearly the tip earning would be much higher from them than us, the quiet party. The foul language of the demanding neighboring party became so offensive that the top-quality food lost it's excitement - I will not return. I never mind paying for top-quality food with an amazing atmosphere and impeccable service - but one out of three doesn't work for me.Special Features:
- LovechicagoDined on 8/10/2014The ambience is not too formal which make diners feel comfortable. Food was great, something different from regular restaurants, and the service was great too, server, Claudia, is knowledgeable and recommended us some of the menus, and she has a sense of humour too. Thumbs up for overall!Special Features:
- very goodWills79thDined on 8/10/2014My husband ,Will, truly enjoyed his birthday meal@one of his favorite players restaurant. Priceless! His birthday cheesecake was exceptional. Thank you! P.S. I enjoyed my meal also,but it was about him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.