Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
505 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mjshchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 321-8823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the occasion Michael Jordan's Steak House is the place to meet, eat and celebrate. We have two private event spaces and many large party dining areas perfect for your next event. Our private rooms at Michael Jordan's Steak House are filled with warm woods, soft leathers, flat screen TVs and we have an on-site audio visual team ready to assist you with anything you might need.
- Private Party Contact: Vina Moore 3123218834
- Entertainment: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
- Special Events: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
A word from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
The Michael Jordan's Steakhouse experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. The Steakhouse menu, featuring a multitude of steaks and sides, is a classic American dining experience. However, at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, we add a progressive culinary sensibility to the menu, modernizing recipes to meet the sophisticated tastes of today's guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (93)fit for foodies (82)notable wine list (67)hot spot (48)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (35)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (23)late-night find (20)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Nice Steakhouse in Heart of ChicagomikerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service, very good filet mignon and wines by the glass. Delmanaco was not as good as filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks and friesfoodismynumberonehobbyDined on 8/22/2014I totally did not expect myself to enjoy the food there as it has a celebrity name (I find that gimmicky). However, I was totally blown away by the food especially the MJ's Del Monico (dry-aged steak). Wow, that was the most delicious juicy dry-aged steak I've ever had anywhere. I also ordered the colossal crab cake (which is amazing) and the fries. The fries is also heaven-sent. It was fried in beef fat so you know it would be great. The food is amazing and very greasy (a good thing as fat makes food taste great). I would totally recommend this restaurant as the best place for steak in Chicago. I'm already thinking about going back for the steaks and fries again.Special Features:
- Great time @ MJ'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014We had friends from out of town and they wanted to treat us to a special dinner at a Chicago Steakhouse. I suggested MJ's because I always wanted to go there. What a fabulous evening! From cocktails to dessert it was incredible and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Held business dinner here with associates and food and service was very good. Which was great - I was staying at the hotel and it was raining cats and dogs outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- adt1555Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food selection and service. great location..!Special Features:
- Recommended by localsAlexcat55Dined on 8/19/2014Our waiter (I think his name is Anter?)was awesome, he made great recommendations, we actually split a steak, appetizer and salad. Liked his wine suggestion, spot on. Everything is huge portions, atmosphere was great, loved the décor.Special Features:
- MJ SteakhouseMissFoodie2ShoesDined on 8/18/2014I love this place. Great choice if you want great food for a birthday. Quick and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not good.RtjjDined on 8/16/2014The food was not as good this time. I don't know if they have a new chef or not. We could not eat the steak or pork chops. The Mac and cheese and broccoli was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 8/16/2014The staff was very nice, but as soon as we were seated the waitress spilled the whole water container all over my husband. The staff did clean up the water and gave my husband a napkin and stated "use this it's very absorbent." My husband and I have dined at many steakhouses this was subpar at best.... nothing special.
- I really enjoyed the food.CbagoDined on 8/14/2014It was a very relaxing atmosphere. I had a really good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed TouristSuzyDined on 8/10/2014The food was great and the service started well; after a very loud & demanding group sat down behind us, we were no longer on our waiter's radar - clearly the tip earning would be much higher from them than us, the quiet party. The foul language of the demanding neighboring party became so offensive that the top-quality food lost it's excitement - I will not return. I never mind paying for top-quality food with an amazing atmosphere and impeccable service - but one out of three doesn't work for me.Special Features:
- LovechicagoDined on 8/10/2014The ambience is not too formal which make diners feel comfortable. Food was great, something different from regular restaurants, and the service was great too, server, Claudia, is knowledgeable and recommended us some of the menus, and she has a sense of humour too. Thumbs up for overall!Special Features:
- very goodWills79thDined on 8/10/2014My husband ,Will, truly enjoyed his birthday meal@one of his favorite players restaurant. Priceless! His birthday cheesecake was exceptional. Thank you! P.S. I enjoyed my meal also,but it was about him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivNdDDined on 8/9/2014Tables were too long noise levels were ok good was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh My Goodness!!MydelvrDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Michael Jordan's. The occasion was my Son's 30th Birthday. I was soo pleased with everything. The Maitre'D was charming, our waiter was exceptional. I can't find the words to describe how much we enjoyed dining here. I will definitely return in the future. Also, we were not rushed out! We sat and talked for about an hour after our meal was done. I appreciate all of the employees there. Thank you for making Brandon's day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve TwetenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was great! The staff was very attentive. The food was excellent. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Food hands down delicious!!melnikDined on 8/9/2014Every bit of the meal was superb. The staff was very attentive from the moment we stepped in the door. Definetly dining here every time we visit Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElementDDined on 8/9/2014The food was absolutely delicious with some unique items. If you looking for some type of Jordan experience though you might skip, except for a few pictures on the walls there was noting noteworthy here. I took my son and it was not what we expected though we really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAlexDined on 8/8/2014This was an overall great dining experience. The service was amazing, the food was even better and they had multiple surprises for me since it was my birthday. They brought us a glass of champagne, their signature appetizer and a free dessert all on the house. This is a must try for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedJohn60613VIPDined on 8/8/2014With some many steak restaurants in the city, this was good but nothing incredible for the high prices.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Great for my business meeting. The servers were professional and not intrusive. Conversations stayed within the boundries of the booth. The wine was superb from a manageable list to choose fom.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceJjpebbles26Dined on 8/5/2014The food was good, the waiter we had was very informative and nice. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger of ChampionsYouJustGotMackedDined on 8/3/2014My family and I all had different variations of the signature burger and it was amazing. VERY well priced and hearty. The service was great and they give the cutest little MJ signature napkins. If ever I am in Chicago again, I will most certainly swing by and grab another burger here.Special Features:
- placehonestyDined on 8/2/2014disappointed- the table is so small with all the big plates and wine glasses. I asked for private booth - frustrated- very exposed and I was on the walkway slow service- our server took a long while to bring out wine glasses bec he had to accommodate the other table of 4 which was also assigned to himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!KimmyDined on 8/1/2014I was there for my birthday celebration with my girlfrends. Definitely a special occasion outing, we tried the gralic bread fondue(very good)we had the t-bone for 2 that was cut and ready to serve which was amazing, my other girlfriend had the pork chop HUGE, juicy and very flavorful. Sides we had the mashed potatoe trio (great), mac&cheese(just ok) and the fried corn(delicious)! And for dessert none other then the 27 layer chocolate cake(we actually counted in it is really 27 leayers of pure bliss) Overall a great time and I really enjoyed my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanFoodiesDined on 7/31/2014Took forever for our food; steaks were cooked at least one level above what was asked for.... We had to remind out waiter our food wasn't out yet at 1.5 hours after ordering since he hadn't been back to the table, and to top it off the price was to expensive for mediocre food and service.
- Michael Jordan's SteakhousePrincessKatelynDined on 7/31/2014My boyfriend and I attended Michael Jordan's Steakhouse for his birthday celebration. I wanted it to be a romantic night for just the two of us with an amazing meal for the both of us. We had the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer which was amazing, and we both had steaks for our main course. Everything was great. The atmosphere was perfect and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceSpeedracerDined on 7/31/2014I trusted a friends recommendation and booked my wife's surprise bday dinner here. I was initially hesitant because, though a huge MJ fan, I wanted a top line steakhouse experience. WOW was I pleasantly surprised. Not only was the food outstanding, the service was impeccable. My spouse and I sat in a small booth overlooking Michigan Ave and we very much enjoyed the entire experience. Don't miss out on this place. Michael Jordan is the best basketball player EVER and he has reached his 7th championship with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just love it!ajswifeDined on 7/30/2014I have been a few times and I must say that EVERY time the food is phenomenal. The past few times I've gone the service has been great, this time was ok. I'll definitely be back again to enjoy the mouthwatering food. The filet is like "butter" and their bacon appetizer is to die for. Just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago NightsGinaDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food and service ambience with comfortable seating great for any occasion lots of styleSpecial Features:
- The following 1367 reviews are from the Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Br305FoDined on 7/26/2014Michael Jordans Steakhouse is now a tradition whenever myself or my family visits Chicago. The Angus Skirt Steak was DEEEEEELICIOUS. Nick our server was outstanding, very warm and genuine, and very kknowledgeable about the menu. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMizzLA22Dined on 7/25/2014My friend was in town and someone recommended this steakhouse. Upon arrival we were greeted right away and taken to out table. We frequent restaurants often and I can't remember having this level of service in a long time! Just amazing and attentive, our server Antur was without a doubt top notch. He was engaging and provided recommendations without being pushy. I will be back again with other family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2014Took 45 minutes to get food after ordering. Normally that wouldn't bother us but we had a show to catch. So couldn't enjoy it as much....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your time or money!BabycakesVIPDined on 7/24/2014Service was horrible. Asked waiter for water three times - never got it! Food was just okay. For a $75 lunch tab, I expected much, much more. Totally disappointed!
- Disappointing.JNIADined on 7/19/2014We were in Chicago for the weekend. Michael Jordan’s showed up in the top ten for steakhouses, so we chose it, and were very disappointed. Our steaks arrived underdone (our waiter recommended “medium plus”). In fact, the steaks were not even warm—they were room temperature at best. We both sent our steaks back. To their credit, the restaurant replaced the steaks and tried again. These steaks were even more underdone. Our waiter was friendly, but not attentive, and we expected better service. Also expected tablecloths on the tables. And when we got the call from the restaurant confirming our upcoming reservation, we were specifically told that there is a dress code. Couldn’t help but notice the other diners wearing shorts and tee shirts.
- So satisfiedJordanfanDined on 7/17/2014The Michael Jordan Steakhouse was everything I could imagine and more. The staff is even better than the perfectly picked wine list and the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allan Klassen, CMOBigAlDined on 7/15/2014Classy restaurant that offers fabulous food great environment. Will definietly be back on next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Our waiter was the best I've ever had. Anter was his name exceptional. Should be promoted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steakstlsjc1Dined on 7/14/2014I'm a Ribeye lover, my wife is a filet mignon fan. As good as my Ribeye was, her filet was even better. Cuts with a spoon. Her favorite of all time! WowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDined on 7/13/2014I enjoyed my dinning experience. The staff was friendly and the food was good. I would come back again and recommend it toeveryone.Special Features: