Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
505 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mjshchicago.com/
- Phone: 3123218823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the occasion Michael Jordan's Steak House is the place to meet, eat and celebrate. We have two private event spaces and many large party dining areas perfect for your next event. Our private rooms at Michael Jordan's Steak House are filled with warm woods, soft leathers, flat screen TVs and we have an on-site audio visual team ready to assist you with anything you might need.
- Private Party Contact: Vina Moore 3123218834
- Entertainment: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
- Special Events: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
A word from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
The Michael Jordan's Steakhouse experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. The Steakhouse menu, featuring a multitude of steaks and sides, is a classic American dining experience. However, at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, we add a progressive culinary sensibility to the menu, modernizing recipes to meet the sophisticated tastes of today's guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)romantic (89)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (60)good for groups (43)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (26)scenic view (26)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great placeBirdogDined on 7/3/2014Went there for an anniversary and our experience was top notch. Both me and my wife agreed that it was quite possibly one of the best meals we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining and StafffandrewsDined on 6/28/2014We were visiting from out of town and I had chosen this restaurant due to its proximity to our hotel and due to its menu. From the moment we arrived we were treated by all staff as if they were very happy to see us. The maitre d' was extremely welcoming and it just got better from there. We had drinks in the bar and then were seated upstairs at a table for two. Our waiter, John, was extremely helpful with the menu and definitely knew his wines. His recommendation was spot on for our meal. The fillet mignon was cooked exactly to our specifications and was so tender you could cut it with spoons. The vegetables were cooked properly and the use of spice was perfect. This is the definition of a high-class steakhouse!!Special Features:
- Food was fantastic!!!remaster3Dined on 6/28/2014You must try the bacon appetizer....out of this world!! This item alone was worth the visit (even my wife agreed). We both had the Filet and the Three-Mashed Potatoes (3 bowls each made a different way) and they were all great, but the goat cheese version of the potatoes was the best. I would say that this restaurant lives up to Jordan's reputation as one of the all-time greats!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful dinner the waitress Alana was fantastic. If I had to acknowledge one down side it would have been the (5) guys next to us they were somewhat noisy. I can understand for them it seemed liked they were reuniting as old college buddies reliving the old times. My wife and I was looking for a more intimate quiet setting to reminisce on our past as well, wish that the restaurant had a setting for both. Overall thumbs up for MJ, I have always been a fan and he has always shown class as an athlete and person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more...LadyTDined on 6/27/2014For such a great name attached to the restaurant, I would have expected a great dining experience but unfortunately it didn't quite get there. There were way too many tables which made it over crowded. I could literally reach my hand out and touch the person at the table next to me. This took away the romantic feel for the restaurant. The food was ok, but not great considering the money you will spend per entree. Ditka's had better steaks and they were cheaper. MJ's had a limited menu and the few things I ordered were average. I just expected more for fine dining.
- Little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Not trying to sound like a negative person. I never write reviews but felt compelled because I was so disappointed. I hope this will be used as constructive criticism. We are from Louisiana and I have always been a huge MJ fan. Knowing his competitive drive, I expected the restaurant to be "on top of its game!" Although I know the restaurant is going for a "upscale dining" look and not a sports bar look, I still expected to see more MJ memorabilia and championship feel. Service was slow and I expected white table cloths with waiters dressed in white. I think little things like better looking menus, white table cloths, more ambiance and better service would add to the experience. For us, it was just the name. Sorry, hope to try it again!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC DINNER!NeenerDined on 6/23/2014We were in town to celebrate our son's 16th Birthday, and he chose Michael Jordan's Steakhouse (Being an avid basketball player). We were there with a group of 6 and had a fantastic meal. And our service was incredible. Claudia was amazing, funny, knowledgeable and made the experience even more enjoyable. We will be back. We loved it. The only thing that would have made it better is a tableside visit and autograph from MJ himself!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceWillDined on 6/21/2014The food was excellent along with the wine. Service was of the highest quality tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was excellent!hard2pleaseDined on 6/21/2014There was confusion with my online reservation and we were very late, yet although the restaurant was very crowded, the maitre'd was extremely courteous and along with the staff, got us a table. The level of service was impressive. Their efforts guaranteed a place on our favorite restaurant list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!TrevstarsmomDined on 6/21/2014My 16 yr old is a huge jordan fan, he was over the top excited and the hostess really was great playing up that my son had all jordan stuff on!!! The steak and service was fantastic!!! Only complaint was people from the hotel just walking in behind our table to watch the tv but not dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceGenevaDined on 6/20/2014My younger cousins (9 and 14) wanted to come here because they are big MJ fans. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Service was friendly and efficient. Our waiter was extra gracious to the kids. We had steak, roast chicken, and crab salad. We chose the mashed potato trio and roasted asparagus for the sides. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- wonderful lunch sevice very goodJim4900Dined on 6/20/2014I enjoyed the relaxed fee of Jordan's resturant. both our steaks were did pefect. the crab cake are amazing. Please try the crab cake. The 23 chocolate cake is a dream for a chocolate lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 6/15/2014As a family of 4 and MJ fans, we were expecting great things from his restaurant. It is considered to be one of the finest steakhouses in Chgo, but doesn't deserve to be in the category with your Morton's, Ruth Chris' or even Ditka's of the world. Our meat entrees were very fatty (steak and pork chops), the sides weren't seasoned well - how can you mess up French fries. And the desserts were very limited. Not a good place for young children (no children's menu). Ours are 12 & 14 and found it difficult to find something they really liked. But the service was good. Seated promptly, even though we arrived early and our server was quick, efficient and knowledgeable. Ambience was also nice, but overall not enough to recommend to others.Special Features:
- Good steaks but nasty sidesMzTBabyDined on 6/14/2014I took my guy here for the first time for his birthday, the restaurant is very nice. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu but was slow bringing our food. When he finally came to the table to bring us bread our food came out 2 minutes later. The steak and chicken was great but the sides could have been better. Compared to other top restaurants we go to m.j. need a whole new variety of side because everything was basically potatoes.When it came to cocktails it seem like everybody had the same drink because the waiters saying that's the best and popular. But the truth is out of 8 cocktails on the list 7 contain beer and I'm not a beer drinker. I wouldn't be returning but I let a friend try it out for themselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ripped offUnhappydinerDined on 6/12/2014I want to complain that the waitress Lana at Michael's was unattentive. She took forever to take a drinks order or introduce herself and it wasn't busy. Also they automatically assume 18% tipping and debited this unauthorised amount from my card when I specifically put a 15% tip and didn't even want to do that. It was my husbands birthday and no extra effort was put in. Most places when they are informed give you a free small dessert but we received nothing at all for this. I will be contacting my bank to have the amount changed as they were not authorised to debit that amount.Special Features:
- Steak took 1 1/2 to receiveAprilDined on 6/7/2014Ordered sangria 20 minutes later waitress came to say they were out. Ordered another drink 20 min. Later received . Beet salad was great. Ordered our meal at 8:15. At 9:15 I asked if our steaks were almost ready . Steaks arrived at 9:27. No bread no manager. Man at the host stand was so rude we almost left then. Should have.
- More Nostalgia please!BennythabullDined on 6/6/2014When I think of Michael Jordan, I think if the Chicago Bulls memorabilia, posters dunking, championships etc. If not for the name Jordan, you wouldn't even know he owned it. Too much focus on high-end, not enough focus on nostalgia. The restaurant he had on LaSalle was 10 times better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleeper SteakhouseWineAndDineDined on 6/5/2014I have enjoyed most, if not all, of Chicago's steakhouses. Michael Jordan's compares favorably. Recently, enjoyed dinner at the restaurant. The food was outstanding, salads, steaks, fish, sides - everything. The service was excellent. The Michigan Ave. views a plus. Similar results at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningFridayFunDined on 6/3/2014I like this restaurant venture better than the last one. The food is delicious, especially the French bread with blue cheese....Fantastic! Our server was very attentive & helpful. I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Near Perfect Dining ExperienceCasrolDined on 6/2/2014I dined here with my boyfriend and we had the best time! Our server was excellent and the overall waitstaff was friendly and very willing to help each other. I had asked about some different wines and my server helped me choose the best one for me. The German Riesling by the glass was the best Riesling that I had ever had and went perfect with my dinner. And the IPA that the server recommended to my boyfriend went well with his steak as well. The only issue that I had with the food was that my fish was slightly over seasoned and I tasted a lot of salt in some areas, but it was still edible and delicious. The other issue I had that night was with the valet damaging my car, but they aren't a part of the restaurant, so I can't blame themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, not greatwiseATPDined on 6/1/2014This was the first time for me to visit MJ Steakhouse. Good food but nothing exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1324 reviews are from the Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- neweastsiderDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful service, delicious dinner. Our anniversary dinner was topped off with happy anniversary written on our dessert plate! Sat by the window and people watched. Filet, soft shell crab and strip steak sensational. You need to request the garlic bread or bread basket. We didn't and that was a blessing, we had room for the scrumptious dinner.Special Features:
- BEST DINNERgcgirl1Dined on 5/30/2014Our server Lana was great and the food was too Great wine-steak-fish-all the sides!! And dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entrees; poor puddingGwyniadDined on 5/30/2014My partner and I went to Michael Jordan's for our eleventh, and final, night in Chicago. We had oysters and steak tartare for starters. As recommended by our waiter, my partner had the special filet that came with a soft-shell crab. I had the wild halibut with a side of creamed spinach. The food was superb. We were easily persuaded to have the 23 layer chocolate cake to share. What a disappointment! When the waiter returned he was dismayed that we hadn't eaten it all and scurried away to ask if it could be taken off the bill. He returned with the chef's explanation that it was meant to taste bitter and that it would remain on the bill. The pudding was only $14 but we left with a bitter taste in our mouths in more ways than one.Special Features:
- liruirayliDined on 5/25/2014i hope restaurant need to think that providing some small gifts to thoses who celebrate their birthday there, i told the waitor that day is my birthday but nothing else, a little disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great steaksFoodieDined on 5/25/2014I have been to Chicago on three occasions and my visit would not be complete without a visit to MJ's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going to rush back.MatthewDined on 5/24/2014We didn't exactly have the best time. We started off with our an issue with our reservation. Once we noticed we were going to wrong area, we mentioned it. They looked at it again, and said..."oh yeah, that is in the notes". They did do an alright job trying to accommodate us. But our experience was affected. We both ordered the Delmonico steak.... It came out with 75% fat! So we only were able to eat 1/4 of it. For the price you pay, the amount of edible food we actually received was disappointing and seemed very wasteful. However, what we did get to eat, was delicious! Cooked as requested and had good flavors. Our two sides, asparagus and mac & cheese, were delicious too! We would consider going again, however we won't rush back.Special Features:
- Just okMeateater101Dined on 5/24/2014Thought this would be a great place for a steak, and it was a good steak but for the price I would rather go to Morton's or Ruth Chris
- Our NighthadfunDined on 5/24/2014I had the best steak at this restaurant that I have ever had. I come from Texas, so it was a nice treat. Our server, Claudia, was especially warming. She was fun, and innovative, quick, and quite friendly. The food was really great, but what made this meal outstanding was the service I was provided by Claudia. Servers like her need to be rewarded for their hard work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I came here on 5-23-14 and had a wonderful experience the staff was wonderful, great food and service.Special Features:
- Slam dunkPatrickDined on 5/22/2014Our group had a wonderful experience. The steaks and seafood were delicious. Service was wonderful. We will definitely go back on our next trip to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLazarusDined on 5/20/2014Made a last minute reservation. Upon arrival found that the dining room was formal in menu choice but the downstairs lounge gives you the option of a formal and bar menu. Great eats. Tiffany a wonderful waitress. Have the 23 layer cake.... yesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My boys from London loved it!ImnotelvisDined on 5/20/2014had a few boys from the other side of the pond come to Chicago and we tried this restaurant. It was a big hit and the food was outstanding. It is now a requirement for all future business lunches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael Jordon ReviewSizzlerDined on 5/18/2014I would highly recommend MJ's! I am in Chicago for the restaurant show every year now for the last 35 years. I have eaten at the finest in Chicago. Many times. On Saturday night we had made a reservation at David Burke's Primehouse. Since it seems to now be rated as second best of Chicago, We were truly disappointed and I wasted a large amount of money for dinner for 8 people. MJ'S was a savior to me as I would have been very upset had I not had that "chicago" steak I dream of each year. I ordered the same cuyt of meat at MJ's as I did David Burkes. MJ's made them look like a sizzler steakhouse. Service was wonderful. The waiter really knew the menu and wine list. WAY TO GO MJ'S STEAKHOUSE! Hansen Graham President Graham Marquis PorcelainSpecial Features:
- Steak!!!!!Travel4foodDined on 5/17/2014Yummy steak and amazing broccoli. Who has amazing broccoli, but they did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SteaksDiner6Dined on 5/17/2014Michael Jordan's Steakhouse was fabulous. We were treated so nicely and courteously by everyone. The porterhouse steak was truly outstanding as were all the sides. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mjssellmorefoodDined on 5/17/2014Good food. Good service. It was good but not mind blowing. The sides were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Expensive !!!CaliguyJEDined on 5/17/2014Michael Jordan Steakhouse Chicago was way too expensive and ridiculously priced given that everything you order is ala carte. They really need to consider lowering their prices. Absolutely ridiculous. !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night SpecialVisit10Dined on 5/17/2014As usual, the food was superb. First time dining on a Saturday evening. Noise level was moderate. Highly recommend the filet and ceasar salad.Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Food wasn't great, seat was awful people bumped my seat every time someone came by. Asked to moved but was told other seats were reserved, although they were empty when we left.