Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
505 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mjshchicago.com/
- Phone: 3123218823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the occasion Michael Jordan's Steak House is the place to meet, eat and celebrate. We have two private event spaces and many large party dining areas perfect for your next event. Our private rooms at Michael Jordan's Steak House are filled with warm woods, soft leathers, flat screen TVs and we have an on-site audio visual team ready to assist you with anything you might need.
- Private Party Contact: Vina Moore 3123218834
- Entertainment: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
- Special Events: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
A word from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
The Michael Jordan's Steakhouse experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. The Steakhouse menu, featuring a multitude of steaks and sides, is a classic American dining experience. However, at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, we add a progressive culinary sensibility to the menu, modernizing recipes to meet the sophisticated tastes of today's guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (99)fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (72)good for groups (42)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (30)scenic view (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (23)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Still a good 'unOzTravellerDined on 10/19/2014As business visitors we were looking for a Chicago steakhouse. Some of the best are a cab-ride away. So we settled on Michael Jordan's as it was in the main drag. Excellent decision! The steak was perfect and very flavoursome. The accompaniments were 'creations'. Despite my aversion created by boiled Brussel-sprouts served up at school, I part-took in the glazed ones at Michael Jordan's and was pleasantly surprised. Kenny (I think) our host was just that - a host! One thing America has to improve upon and get rid of (not just at Michael Jordan's) is this practice of not being seated until all the dining party have arrived. Annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael Jordans is a Slam DunkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014I've lived in Chicago my whole life and have known about Michael Jordan's Steakhouse for years but never went well I will definitely be going back. Celebrated my anniversary here and it was perfect for the occasion. Beautiful dining space, Amazing wine list, Knowledgeable staff and most importantly amazing food. You must try the Garlic bread if you have no other appetizer. It is this amazing bread that they then add a blue cheese fondue on top of..Incredible!!! The Steak was tender and juicy and the sides were great as well. The 23 layer Chocolate cake for desert is a must (if you like decadence). It was an awesome experience and one I will have again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceDCBoilerDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing. Everything from the appetizers, we got the garlic bread and the bacon appetizers, to the fantastic steaks, to the delicious dessert met and exceeded our expectations. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and even steered us away from some items based on our preferences. He never pushed us into anything, but helped craft the meal that best fit each individual. A terrific experience and will have to go back the next time the opportunity arises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWobblesDined on 10/16/2014First time there. Was expecting a bigger wow factor walking in to a Gold Coast resturant. Took my supervisor for Bosses Day. The table wobbled which was a total turn off to begin with. We made jokes about that as we were cutting our petite fillets. I ordered creamed spinach as my side and additionally order the asparagus which my waiter forgot all about and did not bring out until we were served and I had to remind him about several minutes later. The day before a hostess called to confirm my reservation at which time I mentioned that we really only had a 45 minute time limit for lunch and she assured me that she would make a note and my server would be aware of. Server had no idea and we ran over on time.
- Rises to the ocassionLovetoeatsteaksDined on 10/15/2014Top Notch. The Delmonico and the Filet were absolutely perfect. Cooked to perfection, extremely flavorful, and a great presentstion. The side dishes were perfect as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No romancechriskiDined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent and our server was great. The ambiance was too loud abd not romantic enough for our first anniversary dinner and that was due to the fact that someone bought out the dining room that night so we were stuck in the bar area. Very nice place aside from the change in our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMaduplaDined on 10/12/2014Great food and ambiance. Passimg through, I thought the restaurant was downstairs, but to my pleasant surprise the restaurant is licated on 2nd floor. Beautiful with perfectly cooked steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and better serviceilaveryDined on 10/12/2014First of all, this is a steak joint, so you know what to expect. Let me say that the steak, a dry aged porterhouse, was excellent. Beyond that, the service was impeccable. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and offered some great recommendations for wine and sides.Special Features:
- Fantastic place!BrixieDined on 10/11/2014Definitely a five star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Highly recommend this place for your significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Hello, I was there Friday with a celeb client and we both enjoyed a very nice dinner. You must try the garlic bread!!! I had the MJ Delmonico which was fabulous. Client had the filet mignon. Mac and Cheese is as good as your reading about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!DirtySouthGirlsDined on 10/10/2014This was by far the finest dining experience we had during out stay in Chicago! The restaurant is beautiful, great environment, food, and service! Nick was an awesome server, very knowledgeable about the items on the menu, friendly and just a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced for the QualityGicsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Nothing special - seems more of a tourist trap - located right on Michigan Ave - very appealing to the masses going by and seeing the MJ name. If you are looking for a steak - there are other much better options in Chicago and the ambience in nothing memorable.
- Change up for birthdaysChangeurwaysDined on 10/7/2014I've been to Morgans and fogo de chao for my girlfriend birthday. They both gave a small cake or ice cream with happy birthday on it. For a bill over 220 buck that is the least that you guys can do when someone is spending that much. It's not much but the small thing that count that gives you guys repeated customers. Look into that thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #23 great steaksSkipVIPDined on 10/6/2014We took the grand kids to MJ's while visiting Chicago and it was too nice. The steaks were awesome as was the service. I would definitely recommend MJ's as a must stop.Special Features:
- amazing!nickoleDined on 10/5/2014garlic bread is a must-try here, with blue cheese fondue! for men, i think MJ's delmonico is enough because of 16oz. for women, i think petite filet mignon and natural new york strip are good choices. (w. smash potatoes! it's amazing! so delicious) for dessert, 23 layer chocolate cake is classic. you guys must invite manager to show you how to share it. :)Special Features:
- MJ SteakhousecanuckDined on 10/4/2014This was our second visit to Michael Jordans Steak House. We were so impressed on our first visit that we extended our visit from Canada to celebrate my wife's birthday here. The service was excellent. We had a reservation for 7 pm on a very busy Saturday and only had to wait a few minutes for a table to be ready. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu and extremely friendly. The Maitre De checked on us but was not intrusive. Delmonico ribeye cooked medium was perfection. Garlic bread with blue cheese dressing and crab cake were excellent although the crab cake was slightly over priced. The only disappointment was the well done NY striploin my wife had been looking forward to was charred and not nearly as good as our previous visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiancefoodDined on 10/4/2014Good ambiance. --good overall experience.Special Features:
- fun spin on garlic breadPjoeVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a coupon for free garlic bread....we were not excited about it until we saw the tower of cheese covered garlic bread....delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Overall had a good experience, but the meal was really expensive. Would have liked to have some lower priced items available on the menu. Do not like the a la cart with the entrée.Special Features:
- Excellent end to our Chicago tripFoodie2014Dined on 10/2/2014The food was delicious and the service very good. My husband and I both appreciated the tip that the cesar salad was very large and shareable, so instead of us each ordering our own appetizers and having too much, we shared the salad and it was just right. Even better, they separated it into two separate bowls in the kitchen for us, instead of leaving us to dish it out ourselves (which can be messy). The colossal crab cake (which was also big enough to share) was probably the best we've ever had! All meat, no filler. MJ's Delmonico was also large enough to share (and awesome!), and the mashed potato trio was to die for (especially the goat cheese one!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the upstairs -first time upfoodieDined on 10/1/2014Really liked the area as you walk to the bathrooms from second floor - marble hallway and eurpoean style was cool! Food was fabulous! Great service Good drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBranson4Dined on 10/1/2014The Seafood Platter & Neuskes bacon were amazing! JC's service was the best during our visit to Chicago. The Porterhouse for two was below expectations the rest of the experience overshadowed that let down. The reason for the "scenic view" , was for the building interior & JC's suggestion to view the original Tarzans swimming pool on the 14th floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The waiter could have checked on our table more often.Special Features:
- Steak was amazingDamien23Dined on 9/28/2014I ordered a New York steak and it was absolutely delicious, the waiter was very helpful and friendly and the service we received was exceptional. Would highly recommend this restaurant to a someone elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Slow ServiceeclaireDined on 9/27/2014It is definitely worth checking out this restaurant for the fair prices on quality food. Portions are generous so consider sharing if you are not big eaters especially with sides and salads. The 23 layer Chocolate cake was overhyped. I think we caught our server on a bad night because he was inattentive, slow and yet rushed us to get our orders when he was there. Give it a try for the food. Hopefully you will have better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious2pickyeatersDined on 9/27/2014Superb service, excellent food and a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningPeppyDined on 9/23/2014There for business dinner and it was good to have great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, stuck up hostess.LdotDined on 9/22/2014Great food, good location. Sides are big enough for 2+ people. Wished the server had told us that instead of letting us order too much. Minor complaint, table was wobbly and the flatware wasn't polished. It should be for a dinner at this price. Major complaint, hostess informed us of business casual dress code when we confirmed out reservations. She was very specific about telling us, to the point of being stuck up. We were from out of country so I went and bought dress pants that I didn't have with me, in place of dark jeans. Surprise, surprise when we got there most people were in jeans, tee shirts and hoodies. One woman had jeans with holes in them and the hostess didn't even meet dress code. She had leggings on. Not pleased at all.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014It took a long time to get initial service. Then, we continued to feel like an after thought to the servers. Place seemed dirty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and very knowledgable staff. Had a delicious dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rightbowerVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was good but for the price I expected better.
- Excellent!DivadinerDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant never disappoints! Wonderful ambience, delicious lamb chops, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrated my birthday heremaiah69Dined on 9/19/2014This place was amazing. Food was above exceptional. I had the famous garlic bread as an appetizer and it was delicious. For dinner I had the ranch pork chop which was so tender as well as the finger licking potatoes with caramelized onions.I was so full I had to get the rest to go. I would definitely visit again.Just amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not MJ QualityFood4ThoughtDined on 9/19/2014Chicago is known for great restaurants, especially steakhouses. MJ's is not one of them. I should have known when I was able to get a table for 3 on a Friday night only an hour before arrival and then found place largely empty. The steak was so highly salted, I couldn't finish it, and I always finish my steak. The Mac and cheese, creamed spinach was bland. The sides were so uninteresting that I would have thought they came from a school lunchroom. The bacon appetizer was intense and tasty. I would recommend getting one order for the table and slicing it up to put on the otherwise boring salads. There was a limited dessert menu. No scotch or vodka listing. To top it off, of course, it was extremely expensive. I would not recommend.
- Excellent Experience!TravelingDinerDined on 9/17/2014Food was excellent, service was wonderful - including a waitstaff with great recommendations, and the ambiance was awesome. If I can pick on anything, they would not seat us until the 'entire party' arrived - sort of annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbInfrequentDinerDined on 9/15/2014The bone in filet was simply the best steak I have ever tasted - cooked exactly to my liking. This was a special occasion and our first time in Chicago - plenty of restaurants to choose from - very glad we tried this one.Special Features:
- Special OccasionSimpleEleganceDined on 9/13/2014I really enjoyed the restaurant. The ambiance was very good, low lighting. Great for a cozy romantic dinner. However, their wasn't many choices on the menu and some of the food, I had never heard of. The steak was cooked very well. Need more selections for sides (twice baked potato, rice pilaf, etc.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The best in every category. Food quality and presentation were of the highest standard. We loved the entire experience and will be back anytime we are in Chicago.Special Features:
- Asked for alarge tableAwayDined on 9/12/2014What is point in requesting something that was never conveyed to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great like Jordan himselfThefabulousJLCDined on 9/6/2014Everything was tremendous. It was our first anniversary dinner & we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Perfect choice for our celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.