Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
505 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mjshchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 321-8823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the occasion Michael Jordan's Steak House is the place to meet, eat and celebrate. We have two private event spaces and many large party dining areas perfect for your next event. Our private rooms at Michael Jordan's Steak House are filled with warm woods, soft leathers, flat screen TVs and we have an on-site audio visual team ready to assist you with anything you might need.
- Private Party Contact: Vina Moore 3123218834
- Entertainment: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
- Special Events: Industry Discount Join us Sunday through Wednesday after 10pm and receive 40% off your entire check.
A word from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
The Michael Jordan's Steakhouse experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. The Steakhouse menu, featuring a multitude of steaks and sides, is a classic American dining experience. However, at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, we add a progressive culinary sensibility to the menu, modernizing recipes to meet the sophisticated tastes of today's guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (93)fit for foodies (82)notable wine list (67)hot spot (48)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (35)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (23)late-night find (20)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Great EveningDennisDined on 11/23/2014The staff was excelent as was the food. The garlic bread was an great start, followed by an outstanding steak. The diner was topped off with the 23 layer cake. I would definately recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Great food, great service, great ambiance. Everything you would want and or expect coming from and representing the greatest basketball player of all time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely over priced!winesnob62Dined on 11/22/2014The food was average, however the prices were extremely high. The average bottle of wine is close to $200. We are wine drinkers and settled on a bottle of Shiraz for $95. The menu is a la carte. Our bill for four people was almost $700. We will not return. The value for price paid was not was we expectedSpecial Features:
- Incredible food, good service, worth the pricejaybeemomDined on 11/15/2014The best steak I have ever had. It truly was like butter. The garlic bread was outstanding. My wedge salad was good, romaine was a nice change from the usual iceburg. Bacon on top was amazing. Will order that as an appetizer if I ever am lucky enough to go back. My husband did not care for the tater tots. His medium well skirt steak was cooked closer to medium but still good. The 23 layer chocolate cake we shared and still have had enough left for 3 more desserts, it is huge! My one complaint would be that they kept dripping water on our table while refilling the glasses. The water pitcher should be wrapped in a dry napkin before it is brought to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for TwoAmazingDined on 11/15/2014We were greeted eagerly and headed to the bar for a few drinks, we were a few minutes early for our reservation. As soon as it hit 5, we were seated. Kevin was our server, he was very friendly, and definitely knowledgeable. He recommended a few items on the menu, and he was dead on with how amazing it all was. The what seemed to be manager checked on us frequently, which I enjoy. We were there celebrating my boyfriends birthday, and he received a small cake with a candle. No singing, thank goodness! Overall, we both had a wonderful experience and definitely plan on going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT STEAKNICOLEDined on 11/14/2014I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. THE ROASTED CHICKEN WAS COOKED PERFECTLY WITH THE MAC AND CHEESE TRIO. I WILL BE RETURNING AND RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO EVERY ONE WHO LOVES GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotDominoDined on 11/13/2014We had great seats and the waiter was very gracious and very happy! My only dislike was the Fried Chicken Salad which was not good. I wasn't expecting two pieces of fried chicken a thigh and drum stick which I hate dark meat. It was hard and it to be cut off the bone. I was looking forward to pieces of white meat in bite size pieces throughout the salad. I wish the waiter had to told me what to expect especially whether I had choice between white or dark meat! The presentation of Torillita soup, beets, and crab was beautiful! I wouldn't recommend the chicken salad and dressing it didn't have any flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time and my girlfriend loved it.AldoDined on 11/12/2014Took my girlfriend to the Michigan Ave location for her 23rd Birthday and she loved it! Food was great and the garlic bread does live up to the hype! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Michael Jordan's restaurant great a gem. It's my fourth time dining at this location. Keep up the good work staff and owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a treat!JoJoVIPDined on 11/11/2014Had a wonderful experience from the time we sat down, to the end of dessert. Our server was delightful. Perfect spot to celebrate our anniversary. Was probably one of the best steaks we've had... and undoubtedly the best lobster tail I've had. Will definitely return upon our next visit to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinnLinnDined on 11/11/2014Great food!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaxxMaxxVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great lunch salad. Expensive though for the small amount of food we order overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IslandChicGolferGirlVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great food and service! A culinary delight, we were all satisfied!Special Features:
- The real dealSteakLoverDined on 11/6/2014Really an outstanding dinner. Service and ambiance were excellent. The delmonico? Perfect! Will definitely be back on my next stop in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michael jordan does it againmarvinVIPDined on 11/4/2014the steakhouse is great, you have to try the garlic bread ,also my steak was one of the best i have had , and i eat a lot of steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedDonnaFiedlerDined on 11/2/2014I suggested this restaurant to a group of associates based on how it was ranked among Chicago's better steak houses. I'd already been to several of the others. However I wouldn't classify Michael Jordan's restaurant as one of the better steak houses in Chicago. Steaks were good, but sides were OK at best and the service paled in comparison to the other steak houses. Kind of over rated.
- Very good food, average ambianceMichaelDined on 11/1/2014While the food was very good, the ambiance was lacking a bit. I would have thought that a sports icon like Michael Jordan would have been better represented in the restaurant. They had a cool display of celebrity steak knives, but not much other memorabilia or decorations. Seems like MJ just moved his restaurant into an existing restaurant. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014the place was very dim prices were pretty expensive for steak that can't compare to the local grocery store.Special Features:
- Not goodPokerDined on 11/1/2014The rib eye was scorched black, and the inside color was good red. The fillet was good color and good taste. Our orders were both medium rare. As we relied on this steak house, we ate rib eye. But that was too burnt taste. We didn't believe that they served such charred object. Probably, they knew it.Special Features:
- Great Mashed PotatoeshickmantDined on 10/30/2014This was my second time at the restaurant. The restaurant was not busy the first time I went and I received very good service. This visit, however, was rather busy and I was not impressed with the service. We had to wait a long time in between servings and it was obvious that we were on a lunch break. Food was pretty good. I got the crab cake and mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes are amazing and I would definintely recommend them!
- Fantastic restaurant!MissJDined on 10/25/2014Service was okay. The food was excellent and the ambiance was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningskj23Dined on 10/25/2014Great special occasion dining! Warm and inviting ambiance filled with wonderful employees who were tentative and vibrant! Wonderful garlic bread! The shrimp was delicious as well as the French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jordan's GemGloSVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have eaten at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse numerous times. Saturday night was my son's 23rd birthday - his "Jordan" birthday, so we went to the Steakhouse. It could not have been more delicious. The bacon appetizer is the best anyone of us had every had. Double-smoked and sizzling in a beautiful light sauce. My son and his girlfriend had the Porterhouse for two which was a sight to behold! The rest of us had the filets or Delmonico. It was exquisite. The ending? The 23 layer chocolate cake. A perfect night for any "Jordan" (23rd) birthday.Special Features:
- FairGSPeteDined on 10/25/2014We were disappointed. The ambiance was nice and the layout was smart. The steak was great and the mac and cheese was boring. The service was just plain bad. We were not offered bread but everyone else around us had a basket of bread. when out bread was placed on the table we had to wait for steak knives, they were nice knives though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER HYPEDkkkkDined on 10/24/2014Food was average. I've had better steaks at Hoss's and that's saying something!
- Great spot to eat.piperDined on 10/24/2014Had the best crab cake in Chicago. Our waiter, Nick, was probably the best we ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerrrealchristinaDined on 10/23/2014My husband has been here plenty of times before but it was my first time going and I absolutely loved everything. We had the filet mignon, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and the highly recommended cheese garlic bread. Everything was cooked to our liking and extremely delicious. Definitely going back very very soon!Special Features:
- ChicagovisitorDined on 10/22/2014Excellent steaks! Great ambience, wonderful wait staff.Special Features:
- Still a good 'unOzTravellerDined on 10/19/2014As business visitors we were looking for a Chicago steakhouse. Some of the best are a cab-ride away. So we settled on Michael Jordan's as it was in the main drag. Excellent decision! The steak was perfect and very flavoursome. The accompaniments were 'creations'. Despite my aversion created by boiled Brussel-sprouts served up at school, I part-took in the glazed ones at Michael Jordan's and was pleasantly surprised. Kenny (I think) our host was just that - a host! One thing America has to improve upon and get rid of (not just at Michael Jordan's) is this practice of not being seated until all the dining party have arrived. Annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael Jordans is a Slam DunkChgogirlDined on 10/19/2014I've lived in Chicago my whole life and have known about Michael Jordan's Steakhouse for years but never went well I will definitely be going back. Celebrated my anniversary here and it was perfect for the occasion. Beautiful dining space, Amazing wine list, Knowledgeable staff and most importantly amazing food. You must try the Garlic bread if you have no other appetizer. It is this amazing bread that they then add a blue cheese fondue on top of..Incredible!!! The Steak was tender and juicy and the sides were great as well. The 23 layer Chocolate cake for desert is a must (if you like decadence). It was an awesome experience and one I will have again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceDCBoilerDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing. Everything from the appetizers, we got the garlic bread and the bacon appetizers, to the fantastic steaks, to the delicious dessert met and exceeded our expectations. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and even steered us away from some items based on our preferences. He never pushed us into anything, but helped craft the meal that best fit each individual. A terrific experience and will have to go back the next time the opportunity arises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWobblesDined on 10/16/2014First time there. Was expecting a bigger wow factor walking in to a Gold Coast resturant. Took my supervisor for Bosses Day. The table wobbled which was a total turn off to begin with. We made jokes about that as we were cutting our petite fillets. I ordered creamed spinach as my side and additionally order the asparagus which my waiter forgot all about and did not bring out until we were served and I had to remind him about several minutes later. The day before a hostess called to confirm my reservation at which time I mentioned that we really only had a 45 minute time limit for lunch and she assured me that she would make a note and my server would be aware of. Server had no idea and we ran over on time.
- Rises to the ocassionLovetoeatsteaksDined on 10/15/2014Top Notch. The Delmonico and the Filet were absolutely perfect. Cooked to perfection, extremely flavorful, and a great presentstion. The side dishes were perfect as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No romancechriskiDined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent and our server was great. The ambiance was too loud abd not romantic enough for our first anniversary dinner and that was due to the fact that someone bought out the dining room that night so we were stuck in the bar area. Very nice place aside from the change in our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMaduplaDined on 10/12/2014Great food and ambiance. Passimg through, I thought the restaurant was downstairs, but to my pleasant surprise the restaurant is licated on 2nd floor. Beautiful with perfectly cooked steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and better serviceilaveryDined on 10/12/2014First of all, this is a steak joint, so you know what to expect. Let me say that the steak, a dry aged porterhouse, was excellent. Beyond that, the service was impeccable. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and offered some great recommendations for wine and sides.Special Features:
- Fantastic place!BrixieDined on 10/11/2014Definitely a five star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Highly recommend this place for your significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Hello, I was there Friday with a celeb client and we both enjoyed a very nice dinner. You must try the garlic bread!!! I had the MJ Delmonico which was fabulous. Client had the filet mignon. Mac and Cheese is as good as your reading about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!DirtySouthGirlsDined on 10/10/2014This was by far the finest dining experience we had during out stay in Chicago! The restaurant is beautiful, great environment, food, and service! Nick was an awesome server, very knowledgeable about the items on the menu, friendly and just a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced for the QualityGicsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Nothing special - seems more of a tourist trap - located right on Michigan Ave - very appealing to the masses going by and seeing the MJ name. If you are looking for a steak - there are other much better options in Chicago and the ambience in nothing memorable.