Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mjshconnecticut.com/
- Phone: 8608628600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm to 11pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm to midnight
Sunday 4pm to 11pm
Lounge open daily 4pm to close
Guests do need to be 21 years or older to dine at Michael Jordan's Steak House, unless escorted by a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
Michael Jordan's Steak House specializes in Prime aged steaks. The Steak House is known for its classic contemporary steakhouse cuisine, award winning wine selection, personalized service, and architectural excellence. "World class steaks in a world class setting."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun - Best Restaurants in Uncasville ›
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)romantic (108)fit for foodies (70)hot spot (64)notable wine list (59)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Michael Jordan steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Very good service, top notch food, tables are close together and the room is very, very loud. Price is high but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- pleased overall5052Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ordered the porterhouse for 2 cooked medium. It arrived very undercooked, raw in center, however the manager had it sent back and a new one prepared. This one came out perfect, cooked medium and full of flavor.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had always wanted to eat at Michael Jordan's, but never had an occasion special enough. My wife and I were celebrating our first anniversary, so I got my opportunity. We could not have been happier. The food was incredible, and might be the best meal I've ever had. Definitely get the garlic bread, the lobster mashed potatoes, and the fingerling potatoes...... The ambiance and service were on par with the food, too. Expensive, but absolutely worth the money for a special occasion. This will not be my last visit.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Jordan's does not disappoint. This is a must do at Mohegan. The steak is the most tender, flavorful you will ever have. The staff is polite, well attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!PinotSVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I continue to return to Jordan's for special occasions because of the excellent service and great food and wine. When feeling casual, we dine in Jordan's sports cafe next door. If the lobster Mac n cheese is ever offered as a special, you must order it! The Go-Go bread, or garlic bread as some call it, is a great way to start your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChadDined on 9/20/2014The overall service was good, thanks to the multiple staff that support our primary service. The filet was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/20/2014This was by far one of the best steaks I've ever had. I'm a big fan of Capital Grille NYC and Del Friscos...this was top notch! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but expensiveSdKdDined on 9/19/2014First time dining at this restaurant in Mohegan Sun. We are frequent diners at the casino as we live nearby. We ordered off the prix fixe menu for restaurant week but, looked over the regular menu also. We were dismayed at the prices off the regular menu. Our appetizers and meals were very good. Service was excellent but seemed a bit rushed even early on on Friday evening with the place less than a quarter full. Desserts were ok but nothing special. Overall, the food was good but, in my opinion, overpriced.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The food was right on and the service was the best I every had.Special Features:
- Great placeMrsheatherDined on 9/13/2014Love this steakhouse! Food and service are both amazing!!Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Not comfortable dining when you have to shout across the table to be heard
- UnderwhelmedStkLvrDined on 9/13/2014We were not impressed with MJ's. It was just my husband and I, and our table for two was 1 foot away from the other tables on either side. We were basically having conversations over our table "neighbors." Our waitress was not the most friendly and did not seem as though she was interested in us what-so-ever. She never even came over to ask how our food was, or if we needed any other drinks. Our food came out and both our steak and lamb chops were extremely overcooked, charred on the outside, and raw in the middle. We sent the lamb back and waited 30 mins a replacement, but when it never came, we had to wave down our waitress to get our food. Both dishes lacked flavor. Neither dish was worth the $50 each we paid. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I loved this restaurant. We don't eat at high end restaurants but we will definitely be back..the good was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my anniversaryluv2dineoutDined on 9/12/2014I had an incredible evening go celebrating my 22nd wedding anniversary on Friday night. The waitress was professional and knowledgeable. She recommended wines and appetizers that were to die for. We had the smoked bacon, the crab cake, and garlic bread. We also had the oysters! The entrees, steak and halibut, were delicious as well as the mashed potatoes and asparagus, cooked to perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfood4meDined on 9/9/2014The service was excellent and all the staff was very attentive, from filling water glasses to clearing empty dishes. The waitress was helpful in giving her suggestions on the menu items from the entree to dessert and did not steer us wrong. The filet was cooked perfectly and very tender. If you enjoy delicious steaks this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely WonderfulweluvAGDined on 9/8/2014My husband took me there for my birthday. From the time we walked in, we were greeted by courteous friendly and smiling staff. Brian, our server, was very knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu. Brian the manager came to our table to be sure we were having a great experience ... and we DID! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Casino DiningmeemDined on 9/7/2014We had dinner at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse while visiting Mohegan Sun casino last weekend. The food was absolutely amazing. Everything was fresh and flavorful. The garlic bread appetizer was off the hook - we couldn't stop eating it. The wine list was great, the steak was tender, juicy and bursting with flavor. The lobster mashed potatoes were loaded with creamy flavor. The crab cakes were delicious - bursting with fresh, sweet crab meat and very little breading. The baked Alaska topped of a gastronomic explosion. We were all beyond satisfied with enough leftover for a meal the next day! Service was impeccable and the ambiance was warm, welcoming and soothing as compared to the craziness of the casino floor.Special Features:
- Loved the foodEwozDined on 9/6/2014I have nothing bad to say about this place, the food was delicious, the service was top notch, and the atmosphere was perfect for the occasion which was a anniversary. I would defiantly recommend this place to friends and family looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteLildisappointedDined on 9/6/2014Michael Jordans steak house is our Mohegan Sun go to. Great service, very attentive and courteous. Food is always good however we are finding the prices and getting a little too high. Definitely worth trying when you have the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happyJaclyndbzDined on 9/6/2014Excellent Food and service. Celebrated birthday for girlfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014always a good meal service great. staff helpful We enjoy the go-go bread aand steak was cooked to perfection. The porterhouse was cut for us so easy to eat.Special Features:
- excellent foodnicojsarDined on 9/6/2014The steak was great as well as everything g with it. We also enjoy the changing menu there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIXEDeasy2pleaseDined on 9/5/2014Very mixed reviews.............wait staff rushed through our courses, food came out much too quickly. Restaurant wasn't busy so its not that they had to turn over tables. The appetizers, salads and entree's were very good and I would recommend restaurant based on food. Lastly, when making the reservation I clearly mentioned we were celebrating my wife' birthday however that apparently went unnoticed.....thinking one of the two desserts that we ordered (4 people dining) at least one would have had a birthday candle for the occasion. I didn't think it was appropriate after the fact to bring to the attention of the server so thank you Michael Jordan's Restaurant for forgetting the sole reason we were there. Very disappointing !Special Features:
- gourmandDined on 9/5/2014The food quantity, presentation, temperature and taste were exceptional. Hard to cook a medium rare steak as wanted. Michael Jordan's did it! Vegetables could have been a bit cooked more/less raw tasting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRyan6666Dined on 9/4/2014Ordered 4 steaks. 1 Demonico and 3 Filet Mignon's. One Filet Mignon came back very dry and well done. Supposed to be medium. Waiter suggested nothing to us. I think he was worried we would be here longer. Disappointed with the way the waiter handled our problem. We don't complain, I guess we should have asked for a Manager. Not sure if we would go back, expensive if things aren't perfect.Special Features:
- Good, Bad and UglyunclebDined on 9/1/2014The Good: The crab cake. Probably the best I've had. Even at $19.50, I felt it was worth it. Also, very good cocktails. The Bad: Not great at nailing down the temperature of medium pork (way overdone) or rare steak (was done essentially the same as the carpaccio: seared on the outside, completely raw on the inside). The Ugly: Steak not trimmed well. A substantial section was gristle. For $53, the only part not edible should have been the bone. More good: Our server was friendly and took the overdone pork off the bill without us requesting it. If you're looking for a place for a drink and a crab cake, I highly recommend. If you're looking for an expensive-but-worth-it steak, go with Morton's or Flemming's.
- Good Food and Great ServiceDCM422Dined on 9/1/2014Been to Michael Jordan's, at Mohegan Sun many times. I enjoy the aged porterhouse for two. That is all I have ever ordered along with different sides. If you like beef, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was great but for two people we spent $185 so we thought it was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STRATOBOBDined on 8/31/2014WE HAD TO GET IN & OUT IN 1 HOUR TO SEE A SHOW. OUR SERVER WAS FAST, EFFICIENT & FRIENDLY. THE STEAKS WERE COOKED TO PERFECTION! WE'VE BEEN GOING REGULARLY SINCE THIS RESTAURANT OPENED & HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE. KEEP UP THE QUALITY & WE'LL KEEP COMING BACK! THANK YOU MR BASKETBALL (23 SHOULD BE RETIRED IN EVERY CITY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not this timeregfanDined on 8/30/2014First off i called to make a reservation about 9 hours before we were arriving. I reserved a booth. When i got there they sat us at a regular table. I told them I had reserved a booth and they said sorry they are all reserved. I thought I reserved one. This is not my first time here but this time it fell short. We were offered rolls when ordering drinks that NEVER arrived even after us asking twice. We ordered a full bottle of wine and the waitress opened a half bottle twice. normally when they bring your filet mignon and salad they wait for you to cut it open to be sure it's cooked Ok. That never happen. never offered pepper they usually do. We went with another couple they could not believe service could be so bad for a $400 dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was excellentMJSHDined on 8/30/2014The food was great the menu and wine list slection was great. however the restaurant was quite noisySpecial Features:
- Disappointingmnoormo1VIPDined on 8/29/2014The steakhouse has premium prices but the quality is not the same. The garlic bread appetizer was delicious. The steaks were cooked to perfection albeit after the filet mignon had to be sent back because it was not medium rare. The chimichurri sauce lacked flavor. The decor is nice and not the atypical dark steakhouse. The service was poor. Our server did not come by to ask if our steaks were cooked properly. One of our party had to flag down a manager. The lobster mashed potatoes is a side I would recomend. It comes with big chunks of lobster meat. The wine selection is good. The Francis Coppola Preserve is an excellent red wine for steaks.Special Features:
- ChristineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014DELISH......WONDERFUL...WE HAD TO HURRY TO GET TO A SHOW...VERY GOOD FOOD...STAFF VERY ACCOMADATING ...WE WILL BE BACK...THANK YOU....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DessertsKaplanTCha1957Dined on 8/29/2014You must try the 23 layer chocolate cake-awesome. The creme brûlée was excellent too. Was disappointed with the Skirt Steak, would not recommend-overall food was delicious and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBillFDined on 8/24/2014We were seated at a booth which I think was because we were Open Table reservation. We had dined there previously but it is always a preferred destination given past experiences. We had a great bottle of wine and started with the bacon appetizer coupled with the toast and cheese sauce and a beet salad which in combination was ridiculously great. We had the porterhouse to share which was served with the bone and the filet separated which worked out perfectly. Desert was not an option as we were sated. Great place, Easy and we will continue to go there every time in the areaSpecial Features:
- MRFavoriteVIPDined on 8/24/2014It was our first experience at MJ Mohegan Sun. The food was excellent, especially the NY strip cooked perfectly to medium rare. The disappointments were when our party of 4 arrived, the hostess station could not find our reservation. Also, and more disturbing was the main course was brought to our table and we were still finishing the appetizers. I just wish the meal was spaced out more appropriately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse Mohegan SunKy22Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing food. Great service. Pricy but worth it. Enjoyed my filet and Mac n cheese was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was dry.MikeDined on 8/23/2014I had a medium Filet and it was cooked to the right color but it was dry. I mentioned it to the waiter but he didn't do a thing about it.
- Great ServiceZinfulDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter was fantastic! Very attentive and knowledgable . The food was delicious. The spinach was especially good. The only problem was that it was very noisy. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- excellentexcellentDined on 8/23/2014the service and food was excellent. I highly recommend it whatever the occasion will beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.