Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mjshconnecticut.com/
- Phone: 8608628600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm to 11pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm to midnight
Sunday 4pm to 11pm
Lounge open daily 4pm to close
Guests do need to be 21 years or older to dine at Michael Jordan's Steak House, unless escorted by a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
Michael Jordan's Steak House specializes in Prime aged steaks. The Steak House is known for its classic contemporary steakhouse cuisine, award winning wine selection, personalized service, and architectural excellence. "World class steaks in a world class setting."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun - Best Restaurants in Uncasville ›
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun reviews from OpenTable diners
299 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)romantic (110)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (73)notable wine list (67)hot spot (66)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding, as always.kd2000Dined on 10/18/2014Try to make it a point to visit MJ's while at Mohegan. The wine selection is fantastic, and I haven't had a bad meal yet.Special Features:
- WonderfulVIPDined on 10/18/2014First time the and will look forward to coming back. Quality of food was amazing. Loved the garlic bread fondue especiallySpecial Features:
- Not so goodfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014My hubby and love a great meal and don't mind beefy prices provide we love the food. The steaks came out the wrong temp all around- too much dressing on the salads (they were drowning). We were very disappointed:(
- Michael7Dined on 10/18/2014Overall we had a very positive experience at Michael Jordans. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and requested a quiet booth when making our reservation through Open Table but unfortunately were seated at a table for two with other tables right next to us. When we mentioned it to our server she made an honest attempt to get us moved to a booth but there were none available. The appetizer (shellfish tower) and our meals (ribeye and NY sirlion) were excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnerKen1Dined on 10/18/2014I like the special message awaiting us on our table. Wish us a Happy Anniversary. Dinner was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantKateCDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I frequent MJ's whenever we have the chance. We are always met with fantastic service, excellent food and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was excellentGordiehmDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had the Filet Mignon, Creamed Spinach and Mashed Potatoes. All I can say is WOW. The meal could not have been any better.Special Features:
- Down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I have visited this restaurant for years. We spent a lot of anniversarys here. Brought friends with us and always left raving about it. Not this time. Food was mediocre. Service was average. Seemed very dark. Had trouble reading the menu. I would expect this from an average median priced restaurant. Prices are way too high for what they offer.Special Features:
- Great Night!JohnMDined on 10/16/2014It was my wife and mine 10th year anniversary. I let the restaurant know through Open Table. The service from the waiter Anthony was attentive and polite. the steaks were spectacular (mine A Filet, hers a bone-in Ribeye). The staff wished us a Happy anniversary and comped us a Baked Alaska as an anniversary present. This is an expensive restaurant located at the Mohegan Sun. I consider them a special occasion destination based on the price, but they have the best steaks in CT. If I were a gambling man I wold use my winnings to dine here more oftenSpecial Features:
- Very pleased with our first visitenjoygooddiningDined on 10/14/2014Staff was very attentive and professional. The restaurant decor was beautiful. Food quality and preparation was very good. The seating in all areas was roomy with plenty of aisle space. Rib eye and fillet was excellent. Mashed potatoes are second to none. Slightly disappointed with the shrimp, lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend with a warningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The bar is too small. They burnt both steaks the first time. They made me feel it was my fault. Who sears steaks especially fillet? They were very professional but I didn't appreciate not just saying sorry. Instead it was oh it's a different cook some people like it seared.. But I'm spite of that I would recommend the place just be careful in ordering foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House Aroundeat2liveDined on 10/13/2014We try to eat at Michael Jordan's Steak house every time we visit Mohegan Sun. They have the best steaks and lamb chops around. Also, the side orders are big enough to split. The desserts are to die for!!! Very enjoyable experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPOILEDDined on 10/12/2014I was disapointed because you were out of all bone-in steaks. The steaks we ordered were good, but when we always order the bone-in rib eye we were instantly disapointed and it was hard to enjoy the meal that was very acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The service was awesome my fiancé had some issues with his stomach that nightabd the waiters recomended couple choicesof meal that would be easier on his stomach. He ended up ordering the salmon which he said was great and he was pleased with it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceAnniversaryDined on 10/11/2014This was a nice dining experience at Mohegan Sun. We felt it was a tad pricey for what it was, but consistent with the premium you pay at Mohegan. The service was really good. our waitress was there when we needed her but not constantly interrupting. They were able to take us before our reservation which was nice. both of us had the filet which seems to be pretty consistent throughout different steakhouses so it is hard to really rave about the food. A nice touch was that they greeted us with two glasses of champagne as it was our 11 year wedding anniversary. i would say that this staff does not take for granted the fact that they are there at the casino, but works really hard to impress their guests. overall, very good steakhouse
- Fantastic!Jsbc317Dined on 10/11/2014This was an excellent choice as a treat for someone special. The food was outstanding and with great service. Ambience was subdued and classy. High prices, but worth it for a very special night out. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, drinks, & ambianceShaneOMacDined on 10/11/2014You should expect to pay more than $50 per person even if you don't get appetizers, drinks or dessert, but trust me when I say that You get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Bella1973Dined on 10/10/2014Everything Was delicious! The only small problem, our server, who was very nice, spoke so fast and low that we had trouble understanding what she was telling us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionlovessteak0410Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went there. The service was good,very noisy restaurant. I had the grass fed rib eye. So grisly and tough. I couldn't eat it. The server was lovely. The manager came over and offered us dessert. For $46. I want to eat my dinner. I thought the steak could have been taken off the bill.Special Features:
- Very good birthday dinner.CapebillDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I had an excellent steak dinner, including appetizer, salad and potato, all of which were perfectly prepared. The service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. We originally has been seated at a small table for two, then the hostess realized in my reservation I has requested a booth and she quickly came back and apologized and moved us to a booth that had just opened. The servers were all very nice and friendly, we will absolutely be returning.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodHemmomDined on 10/5/2014We were looking to have dinner at a good steakhouse and this restaurant did not disappoint us. Food was absolutely great! Everything cooked to perfection. The garlic bread was delicious. We had the porterhouse for two that was sliced for us and served with three dipping sauces. Will definately return.Special Features:
- Outstanding!sam1023Dined on 10/5/2014The food was amazing! The steak was cooked to perfection, and we highly recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese! Ask for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainServerprodigyDined on 10/4/2014We decided to head to Mohegan Sun for a night of fun and dining at Michael Jordan steakhouse always our favorite pick. We had to wait 40 min past res time. After sitting down I don't know if it's because we were a mixed racial couple or because the server was ready to go home but we were treated differently than I've ever been treated before. Our appetizer came out very late our salad beat it to the table. Then one bite into my salad and our dinner appeared as if we are being rushed. I had requested a birthday cake he never brought it yet it was on our check. I am a server and I understand how a restaurant works always tip well this time I could not do it he ruined everything that we had been waiting so long for. Will never return again.Special Features:
- Our AnniversarySteam385Dined on 10/4/2014Whenever we go to Mohegan Sun, my wife and I always have dinner at Michael Jordan's Steak House. We are ones that, nearing the age of retirement, and not eating as much as we use to, are very conscious about portions. Plus I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes this year so I several other hurdles. Well we were pleased to see a 23 oz bone in rib eye on the menu; plenty for the 2 of us. We ordered that through our waiter Jimmy and to our amazement he was all for it, very gracious, and totally understood. Naturally the appetizer of Garlic Bread with the Bleu Cheese fondue was fantastic as always. The entire staff is fantastic. My wife had been there several times before we met 10 years ago; once a year since then has been a joy !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should order take out onlyTorrDined on 10/3/2014The food was amazing. The service was beyond slow for the amount of tables in the restaurants. Servers cough into their hands and then wait on tables. Servers handle silverware without gloves. If you get the table next to the server station you can hear them complain about work all night. Servers texting out in the open. Do that in the BOH!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinnergreengenes3Dined on 9/28/2014We had an excellent meal celebrating my father in law's 80th Birthday. The filet we had was cooked perfectly. The salad and bread was excellent. We had a side dish of mushrooms that were tasty. The desserts were mouthwatering!! It's an expensive meal but worth it for a special occasion. I would come back and dine here again.Special Features:
- Michael Jordan steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Very good service, top notch food, tables are close together and the room is very, very loud. Price is high but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- pleased overall5052Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ordered the porterhouse for 2 cooked medium. It arrived very undercooked, raw in center, however the manager had it sent back and a new one prepared. This one came out perfect, cooked medium and full of flavor.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had always wanted to eat at Michael Jordan's, but never had an occasion special enough. My wife and I were celebrating our first anniversary, so I got my opportunity. We could not have been happier. The food was incredible, and might be the best meal I've ever had. Definitely get the garlic bread, the lobster mashed potatoes, and the fingerling potatoes...... The ambiance and service were on par with the food, too. Expensive, but absolutely worth the money for a special occasion. This will not be my last visit.Special Features:
- AmazingDebCDined on 9/27/2014Jordan's does not disappoint. This is a must do at Mohegan. The steak is the most tender, flavorful you will ever have. The staff is polite, well attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- An Occasional MustJDBSWBDined on 9/22/2014When visiting Connecticut, a trip to Michael Jordan's is something I look forward to. It is expensive, but you know that before you go. The food and service is outstanding. It certainly helps to offset the cost with a good run in the casino.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!PinotSVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I continue to return to Jordan's for special occasions because of the excellent service and great food and wine. When feeling casual, we dine in Jordan's sports cafe next door. If the lobster Mac n cheese is ever offered as a special, you must order it! The Go-Go bread, or garlic bread as some call it, is a great way to start your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChadDined on 9/20/2014The overall service was good, thanks to the multiple staff that support our primary service. The filet was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/20/2014This was by far one of the best steaks I've ever had. I'm a big fan of Capital Grille NYC and Del Friscos...this was top notch! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but expensiveSdKdDined on 9/19/2014First time dining at this restaurant in Mohegan Sun. We are frequent diners at the casino as we live nearby. We ordered off the prix fixe menu for restaurant week but, looked over the regular menu also. We were dismayed at the prices off the regular menu. Our appetizers and meals were very good. Service was excellent but seemed a bit rushed even early on on Friday evening with the place less than a quarter full. Desserts were ok but nothing special. Overall, the food was good but, in my opinion, overpriced.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The food was right on and the service was the best I every had.Special Features:
- Great placeMrsheatherDined on 9/13/2014Love this steakhouse! Food and service are both amazing!!Special Features:
- Too loud3WishesDined on 9/13/2014Not comfortable dining when you have to shout across the table to be heard
- UnderwhelmedStkLvrDined on 9/13/2014We were not impressed with MJ's. It was just my husband and I, and our table for two was 1 foot away from the other tables on either side. We were basically having conversations over our table "neighbors." Our waitress was not the most friendly and did not seem as though she was interested in us what-so-ever. She never even came over to ask how our food was, or if we needed any other drinks. Our food came out and both our steak and lamb chops were extremely overcooked, charred on the outside, and raw in the middle. We sent the lamb back and waited 30 mins a replacement, but when it never came, we had to wave down our waitress to get our food. Both dishes lacked flavor. Neither dish was worth the $50 each we paid. We will not be returning.Special Features: