Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mjshconnecticut.com/
- Phone: 8608628600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm to 11pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm to midnight
Sunday 4pm to 11pm
Lounge open daily 4pm to close
Guests do need to be 21 years or older to dine at Michael Jordan's Steak House, unless escorted by a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun
Michael Jordan's Steak House specializes in Prime aged steaks. The Steak House is known for its classic contemporary steakhouse cuisine, award winning wine selection, personalized service, and architectural excellence. "World class steaks in a world class setting."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun - Best Restaurants in Uncasville ›
Michael Jordan's Steak House - Mohegan Sun reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (207)romantic (116)notable wine list (68)hot spot (67)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (52)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (29)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was great but for two people we spent $185 so we thought it was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014WE HAD TO GET IN & OUT IN 1 HOUR TO SEE A SHOW. OUR SERVER WAS FAST, EFFICIENT & FRIENDLY. THE STEAKS WERE COOKED TO PERFECTION! WE'VE BEEN GOING REGULARLY SINCE THIS RESTAURANT OPENED & HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE. KEEP UP THE QUALITY & WE'LL KEEP COMING BACK! THANK YOU MR BASKETBALL (23 SHOULD BE RETIRED IN EVERY CITY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014First off i called to make a reservation about 9 hours before we were arriving. I reserved a booth. When i got there they sat us at a regular table. I told them I had reserved a booth and they said sorry they are all reserved. I thought I reserved one. This is not my first time here but this time it fell short. We were offered rolls when ordering drinks that NEVER arrived even after us asking twice. We ordered a full bottle of wine and the waitress opened a half bottle twice. normally when they bring your filet mignon and salad they wait for you to cut it open to be sure it's cooked Ok. That never happen. never offered pepper they usually do. We went with another couple they could not believe service could be so bad for a $400 dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was great the menu and wine list slection was great. however the restaurant was quite noisySpecial Features:
- Disappointingmnoormo1VIPDined on 8/29/2014The steakhouse has premium prices but the quality is not the same. The garlic bread appetizer was delicious. The steaks were cooked to perfection albeit after the filet mignon had to be sent back because it was not medium rare. The chimichurri sauce lacked flavor. The decor is nice and not the atypical dark steakhouse. The service was poor. Our server did not come by to ask if our steaks were cooked properly. One of our party had to flag down a manager. The lobster mashed potatoes is a side I would recomend. It comes with big chunks of lobster meat. The wine selection is good. The Francis Coppola Preserve is an excellent red wine for steaks.Special Features:
- ChristineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014DELISH......WONDERFUL...WE HAD TO HURRY TO GET TO A SHOW...VERY GOOD FOOD...STAFF VERY ACCOMADATING ...WE WILL BE BACK...THANK YOU....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014You must try the 23 layer chocolate cake-awesome. The creme brûlée was excellent too. Was disappointed with the Skirt Steak, would not recommend-overall food was delicious and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBillFDined on 8/24/2014We were seated at a booth which I think was because we were Open Table reservation. We had dined there previously but it is always a preferred destination given past experiences. We had a great bottle of wine and started with the bacon appetizer coupled with the toast and cheese sauce and a beet salad which in combination was ridiculously great. We had the porterhouse to share which was served with the bone and the filet separated which worked out perfectly. Desert was not an option as we were sated. Great place, Easy and we will continue to go there every time in the areaSpecial Features:
- MRFavoriteVIPDined on 8/24/2014It was our first experience at MJ Mohegan Sun. The food was excellent, especially the NY strip cooked perfectly to medium rare. The disappointments were when our party of 4 arrived, the hostess station could not find our reservation. Also, and more disturbing was the main course was brought to our table and we were still finishing the appetizers. I just wish the meal was spaced out more appropriately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse Mohegan SunKy22Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing food. Great service. Pricy but worth it. Enjoyed my filet and Mac n cheese was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was dry.MikeDined on 8/23/2014I had a medium Filet and it was cooked to the right color but it was dry. I mentioned it to the waiter but he didn't do a thing about it.
- Great ServiceZinfulDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter was fantastic! Very attentive and knowledgable . The food was delicious. The spinach was especially good. The only problem was that it was very noisy. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- excellentexcellentDined on 8/23/2014the service and food was excellent. I highly recommend it whatever the occasion will beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealEasternpntVIPDined on 8/23/2014We go here for special occasions and have never been disappointed. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing. I highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mere words cannot describe the foodjeffypimDined on 8/23/2014the lobster literally melted in our mouths....the garlic bread in itself was great.....creamed spinach like i have never had before and the filet mignon was cooked to perfection.........we will be dining there quite often. The waitstaff was unbelievably attentative, and very friendly.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I visited the restaurant for our 12th year Anniversary and was very impressed with the outstanding guest service, the quality of the food and the professionalism of the staff. We really enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY BASHOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014I have to say, I've been to almost all the restaurants at Mohegan and this is one of the best. My Delmonico steak was cooked to perfection and the lobster mashed potatoes are to die for--but know you can split them!Special Features:
- Another great mealBullfrogDined on 8/20/2014Maybe I'm just lucky, this is my fifth time at MJ's. I look foward to eating there, the steak is great, apps and sides fantastic. Service is attentive. Yes, by some standards it is expensive, I figure at least $100/pp with drinks plus or minus depending on your selections. I don't mind spending a little more for a great meal. Try the bacon.
- Dinner reviewSteakhouseDined on 8/19/2014Been here before this time not very good sides warm not hot steak ok but warm Ruth Chris much better , had to ask for bread basket received with entree , not happy with it this time not sure if we would go backSpecial Features:
- Steve8badrestoDined on 8/16/2014Started out with some appitizers the shrip cocktail sauce tasted like ketchup & the shrimp were fishey.Ordered a filet mignon cooked perfect & very tasty,but was the smallest filet I have ever seen served in a resturant.For 43.00 for a filet it should not be smaller than a bussiness card.Ordered some sides very tasty no complaints there.Service was good waitrest took shrimp off of bill.I would have rather just had a good appitizer.The bread at the table was also a little hard not fresh.Not a good place to go if you are hungry.I will not go back.Special Features:
- Night and dayVIPperfectionDined on 8/16/2014We went for dinner the good was amazing the service was fantastic could not of been happier. We then returned after our show for desert the drinks too notch the food amazing the service HORRIBLE!! Complete opposite of our first server she was unattentive and seemed bothered that she had to work!! Not enough to keep us away for the fact our first server could not have been more helpful professional or courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my review of a overpriced.JordansDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Jordan's before and have had a great meal. This time was not like the other times. Our meals were not great. The chicken dinner was dry and over cooked. We boxed it up and then throw it away so it would not stink our room up. My salmon dinner , you couldn't even taste the salmon because of all the olive tasted that was on it. They can do a lot better with their food.
- Perfect dinner experienceVettenutDined on 8/16/2014Such a great dinner, and super service. Everyone did a super job making sure everything was perfect for us.Special Features:
- hungry?DennyDined on 8/15/2014Great steaks! The manhattans are were very good. They just need to use better cherries. Very good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!Kare1921Dined on 8/12/2014The prix fixe menu offered a little something for everyone. 3 courses for $45 is a great deal. The Garlic Bread with blue cheese fondue is a must have!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read the fine printWaylaidDined on 8/10/2014I had a party of six, no bread was brought to the table nor a wine list. We asked the server for several glasses of house wine she suggested a bottle, we ordered two assuming they were house wines. The wine was $150.00 a bottle, I don't think they were house wines, we were a bit surprised. I have been here three times in the past and they have all been exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Food, service and atmosphere are all terrific. You can't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bryan was a great waiterOoreoggDined on 8/10/2014Food was perfect, had the porterhouse for 2. Garlic bread for an app. Loved it. We have enjoyed every meal we have had hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMichelleDined on 8/10/2014We were there to celebrate my mom's birthday. It was our first time eating here. From the service to the food, it was top notch! Our server Ryan was excellent!!! Management came over to make sure we were happy. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentFroggyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Top notch steakhouse w consistently good levels of food quality and prompt and attentive service.Special Features:
- The best steak restaurant everfoodloversDined on 8/8/2014We first tried Michael Jordan's last summer at a visit to Mohegan Sun. We were so impressed with the food, the service everything. So when we planned our visit this year the first thing we did was make a reservation for Michael Jordan's steak house. We were not disappointed. The food and the service was every bit as good as last year. We had a very enjoyable evening. The next time we visit Mohegan Sun we will be eating at Michael Jordan's.Special Features:
- Never disappointsdasrptDined on 8/8/2014I only dine here once or twice a year but I look forward to it each time. Food is excellent but not cheap. I asked to sit in one of the private booths. Much better conversation and romantic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!5yrannyDined on 8/7/2014Perfection! Service was superb, food was out of this world, and wine list was incredible. Very pricy, however if you really appreciate fine dining, you look past price easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, pricey drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014food was fabulous as always. The drinks were very overpriced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experiencePeachieDiDined on 8/5/2014attentive waitstaff, exceptional wait staff, wines compliment the foods nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTLY GREATCharlesVIPDined on 8/4/2014This was my second time here for a business meeting and the food, service and dining was great.Special Features:
- Special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Very pricey but food is very good and good portions. The service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumAngiewlmsDined on 8/4/2014Everything was delicious! The garlic bread with blue cheese was out of this world! Pricey but worth it as a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014The steaks were fabulous. We had a 9 oz filet and a 14 oz New York strip. The beef is air dried and as tender as butter. The atmosphere is noisy and pedestrian (bare wood tables). Service was good as was vegtables (roasted asparagus) and dessert (warm chocolate cake). The wine by the glass, we had Goldschmidt Cabernet which was excellent, represent a good selection at fair prices. All in all we had a very good evening. Romantic it was not good it was.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLuvmysteakDined on 8/2/2014As always great time !! We absolutely love the steak and service was top notch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.