Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
37 New Orleans Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michael-anthonys.com/
- Phone: 8437856272x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving dinner Monday - Saturday beginning at 5:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana we offer five unique private party options for hosting your special event
- Private Party Contact: Jill Boyd 8775644026
A word from Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In fact, Michael Anthony’s was recognized in 2010 by Open Table diners as one of the "Top 50 Italian Restaurants" in the United States! In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)fit for foodies (125)romantic (116)notable wine list (116)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (31)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Amazing food. Great deserts. Kids friendly. We had dinner with 3 kids. A bit pricy but the food quality is very high, so overall worth the money. We will come back to this place for sure. Deserts were amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a nice mealKeshanahDined on 8/23/2014I wasn't blown away, but the food was nice, and the service was excellent. Most notably, the gnocchi and chocolate souffle were great.Special Features:
- Excellent!ColonelDined on 8/23/2014One of the best meals we've ever had. The food was exceptional and the staff was extraordinarily attentive, from the owner who personally visited our table to deliver two complimentary glasses of prosecco and wish us a happy anniversary (we informed the restaurant via OpenTable that we were celebrating our 25th), to the attentive waiter, to the owners spouse, who was also intimately involved in the restaurant operation. The staff even went so far as to acknowledge special occasion guests like us by giving us black table napkins as opposed to white, so the entire staff would be aware it was a special occasion for us. This was one of the best meals we've ever had. A bit pricey, but we will definitely return if we visit Hilton Head againSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We had a marvelous dinner and would highly recommend eating @ Michael Anthony's. The wine was excellent too. We got the early bird special and it was elegant, good and just the right amount of food. Would definitely go again and we did go to the cooking school later in the week and loved that too. 'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding GemCouplefrombuffaloDined on 8/22/2014We have dined at various upscale restaurants on Hilton Head. Michael Anthony's was, by far, the best meal we had during our one week vacation. The staff was attentive. Peter , our server, was very knowledgeable of the menu and the evenings specials. We asked for his recommendations and they did not disappoint! The carbonara special and seafood with spicy red sauce were to die for. The best we've ever experienced! The meatball appetizer was equally delicious. We also experienced the potato gnocchi as an appetizer . They were light and the sauce was fresh as if the tomatoes were just picked from the garden. Do not skip the profiterals for dessert. Chatting with the owners was the final touch to a perfect evening. We will return!Special Features:
- VerdeVIPDined on 8/21/2014We found better than the usual Hilton Head dining at Michael Anthony's. Fresh seafood, great wine list, salads and appetizers with great flavors. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!lchinvabch23451Dined on 8/18/2014We could have not asked for a more perfect evening. Starting with the attentive and knowledgeable waiter and ending with a dessert that complemented the entire meal, it was a wonderful dining experience. The food preparation, timing of course arrival, and the actual meals were exceptional. This was our third visit to the restaurant and our favorite one, by far. We look forward to returning next summer....and we are recommending this to friends who are planning a visit to the island next month.Special Features:
- This place is terrific in EVERY wayMictomDined on 8/18/2014The food, ambiance, service -- all superb. We were celebrating a special wedding anniversary and couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate. Owners Anthony and Becky made it very special indeed. The food was out of this world and the attention to detail incredible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014the only complaint is that the very knowledgeable waitress did not also deliver the meal and i specifically asked for veggies instead potatoes but potatoes arrived when the meal was brought by the "runner". if the waitress had brought the meal, she would have noticed the this.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightDunwoodydinersVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at Michael Anthony's recently. It was perfect! The pescatore and veal medallions were both cooked to perfection. Service was impeccable. We did not have room for dessert, but I can only imagine what they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must while in Hilton HeadBLMSkierVIPDined on 8/14/2014If your looking to enjoy a special evening...Michael Anthony's is the place! And be sure to make a reservation well in advance so you don't miss out on this wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great experienceIslanddiningDined on 8/9/2014I have been coming to the Island for over 6 years. I stumbled across this restaurant and can honestly say it was the best Italian restaurant that I have ever eaten at, not only on the island but throughout my entire travels. Don't be deceived by its location when you pull up as it is located among offices, Etc. They decor is delightful, warm and comfortable. The food was absolutely phenomenal. The homemade ribbon pasta was superb. The chocolate soufflé cake was delicious. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island Eats Drew Us In!JeanVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to HHI for many years &returned last week to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I was looking thru one of the magazine's and read an article on the owners and it sparked my interest. We were in Italy last summer and love to find places to take us back there--Michael Anthony's did! We would rank our dinner as the best we have had for Italian eats since returning--we loved the caprese and watermelon salads, my husband loved the option of two entree's for size of one, and my veal was outstanding especially the sauce! We enjoyed great wine and ended the evening with a chocolate souflee & gelato which we have come to love. We hope to return soon! jeanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marshall - Turnaround ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant and very much look forward to another fantastic dining experience. Upon entry we were quickly seated and knew it was going to be another wonderful time with our family. Unfortunately, Jay, our server was less than attentive. He took several minutes to address our table, did not review the specials and virtually ignored us. It was so offensive, we asked for a table change. Luckily, we were sat in Pete's section and this led to a much better experience. He reviewed the specials, was able to offer suggestions, and made the second half of our time here reminiscent of our first visit. This is worth a visit, just don't sit in Jay's section.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianLouie5Dined on 8/5/2014Great food, great service! We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Authentic Italian FoodyumyumgetyourselfsomeDined on 8/2/2014Micheal Anthony's is a fantastic restaurant. Our waiter was very helpful and polite and gave us great service. The food was excellent, probably the best Italian food I've ever had. Totally worth the price. I highly recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Hilton Head FavoritehhislandgirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I have had dinner at Michael Anthony's on two occasions since moving here last year. We love the space and the food is always consistent. We have also taken a hands on cooking class and loved working with Chef Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTHuskyDined on 7/31/2014MA has become a regular spot for us on HHI, during our annual vacation. It has never let us down, with great food and service.Special Features:
- A great choice.Sj22Dined on 7/29/2014We were visiting the island this week and decided to celebrate a birthday here. The decor was lovely. The food was delicious, and the wait staff was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its cover...fussyoledadDined on 7/29/2014I wasn't expecting much when we pulled up to the worn-looking strip mall housing the restaurant...but the attentive service and great food blew us away and were unmatched during our Hilton Head stay. This place is very kid friendly also. Real "foodies" will look pass the location/building and think this is a gem of a find. Put this place on the water and this would be world class…as they have already mastered the hard parts (food, service).Special Features:
- Bella NottekcinpghDined on 7/29/2014After the hustle and bustle of some of the other restaurants on HHI, it was so nice to have a relaxed, and high-quality dinner. We opted for the prix fixe menu, and we were not disappointed. Each of our courses, from appetizer to dessert, was appropriately portioned and delicious. Our waitress was attentive, efficient, and friendly. Definitely worth a return trip when we're next on HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnglishDaveDined on 7/25/2014The food, service and variety was excellent. All off us enjoyed it equally and will be back. Very good wine list although a little pricey.Special Features:
- Fabulous Italian CuisineSpecialPlaceVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was a pleasure meeting Tony from South Philly. We bought the cookbook and had it signed by Tony and Michael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining delight.cookie60Dined on 7/24/2014Usually a restaurant seems to get one or two parts of the dining experience right. Michael-Anthony's has hit a home run . I would eat there every week if I lived in Hilton Head . Marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner for 2Quietdinner2Dined on 7/24/2014Good food. Amazing service. Awesome desserts. Very nice romantic candlelit atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentTommyGVIPDined on 7/24/2014It was our first visit to this establishment and it was fantastic! Great food and very pleasant and helpful wait staff! Will definitely make it a regular stop on our annual HHI visits.
- Special Restaurant!MommyTwingleDined on 7/23/2014Not cheap, but a nice diversion from the beach food scene, and just a minute off the main drag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!Bella1973Dined on 7/23/2014Our meal experience was wonderful! Service was great, the staff was very nice and the food was spectacular! We enjoyed every bite! I will definitely go back on my next visit to Hilton Head!!!Special Features:
- Saved the Best for LastILUVSCDined on 7/19/2014Dined out almost every night during our week vacation and this was by far the best of the best. Service exceptional and the food was delicious. Our party of four loved every dish we ordered, but especially enjoyed the lobster ravioli special - they were to die for! Happening spot so be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's differentKaiTravelingBearDined on 7/19/2014This was a go to place every time I have been in town but my last visit prior to this visit was 2 years ago. Something changed over those 2 years. I noticed the service had changed dramatically. The servers seemed rushed and did not have the appropriate serving training. There are other restaurants on the island now that can provide fabulous food with fabulous service. The food was good but the service was anxiety provoking.Special Features:
- Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We vacation on HHI every year and Michael Anthony's is a restaurant we visit each year. We have a large group and this is a favorite of all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KelanneDined on 7/18/2014Brooklyn was a perfect wait staff rep, with a ready smile and attention to detail. Knowledge on the food ingredients and wine to able to answer our inquiries. Lovely young lady.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerGJ12VIPDined on 7/17/2014We were so impressed with our dinner that we decided to return again within a week. The second dining experience was even better than the first! This is a fantastic restaurant!
- Enjoyed very muchAikeonitesDined on 7/15/2014Food and service were outstanding. Glad we saved this place for our last night in town as it far exceeded the dining experience of the previous two nights. Found the wine list to be a bit pricey and did not find any of our favorites.Special Features:
- 5 star serviceHHIGuyVIPDined on 7/14/2014Restaurant staff made our anniversary dinner outstanding. Several indiviudals recognized our occasion and we were offered a complimentary glass of prosecco. Entrees were very good, dessert fantastic and cocktails were well made. A can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing was great til the EntreeHHIJimDined on 7/14/2014We went for our anniversary. We were seated immediately and waited on. Everything was really good until the entrees came. We both had very good salads. I recommend the Beet salad if you like beets. Great wines. Unfortunately, our entrees were just OK. We'll try it again. Everyone else in the restaurant were enjoying their meals. The entrees were of good quality, we just didn't like the taste.
- Buzz68VIPDined on 7/12/2014Four different entrees for 4 very different people who all said the same thing "when can we come back?".Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningGJ12VIPDined on 7/11/2014Fantastic dinner! The menu is outstanding and the specials were exceptional! Homemade pastas and an excellent wine list. The owners Tony and Becky are gracious and very welcoming. The same quality of food that you would find in some of the finer Italian restaurants in Chicago, New York or San Francisco, with on-site owners who are customer friendly and care about food quality. Already looking forward to a return visit.
- A Very Good MealDestinDadDined on 7/7/2014We found the food to be quite good, but not spectacular. The service was slow as the waiter was overburdened with guests. Pasta was aldente and portions were generous.
- MrsBVIPDined on 7/6/2014The best restaurant on the island. Hands down. We've been to almost every high quality restaurant in Hilton head in the last eight years and this one never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.