Miceli's - Universal
3655 Cahuenga Blvd W
Los Angeles, CA 90068Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Miceli's - Universal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micelisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3238513344
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner daily
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Miceli's - Universal
Miceli's Italian Restaurant, family owned and operated since 1949, is located just down the hill from Universal City. A true destination restaurant. Perfect for all occasions from 1st birthdays to 50th anniversaries to a romantice evening for 2 on "the Valentine's Table". Singing servers and live piano will serenade you with standards, show tunes and opera on a nightly basis. Pizza, Pasta, Lasagna, Veal, Chicken, Wine and full bar. Free valet parking. Just tip the attendant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Miceli's - Universal - Best Restaurants in Universal City ›
Miceli's - Universal reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (18)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Service was excellent! Our server was lovely. Cheesy garlic bread was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Miceli's Universal!VikingQueenDined on 10/11/2014Thank you for reserving our favorite booth as requested when I made the reservations and thank you for seating us right away. It's always a total joy to eat there, the happy atmosphere, the singing, the food, just everything makes it so much fun! You are my all time favorite restaurant! Love you guys!Special Features:
- PattydloveDined on 10/11/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for 25 years for special occasions. We love the food, excellent service, the music and atmosphere! Highly recommend this to all our family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience you won't forgetcpugdanceDined on 9/27/2014Great entertainment. Waitress Jennifer was excellent, friendly, accommodating for my late arrivals, and sang "Let it go" beautifully. Food was delicious, and I would highly recommend going. Also note complimentary valet parking next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Singing and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Great service and quintessential Italian food. A classic findSpecial Features:
- Great 1st Date Spot!luv2goout7Dined on 9/26/2014The spotty entertainment makes this a great first date spot. You have time to think about what to say next because every 10 minutes the staff will get up and sing and entertain. This is perfect if you are suddenly at a loss for words! The staff also figures out who is on a first date and they are extra nice to new couples! We had fun!Special Features:
- Good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014Hadn't been there for a while. It never changes, you cant go wrong w/ this place.Special Features:
- Touristy but fun (and good food)MakeitcountDined on 9/20/2014All servers take a turn at the mike, belting out standards like 'New York, New York'. The singing is wonderful but face it, you don't expect much from a restaurant-with-a-gimmick food-wise so we were pleasantly surprised at how good our meals were: Shrimp and Scallop Cacciatore (husband said 'very good'), Chicken Parmesan (daughter: 'great') and Linguini with Garlic and Olive Oil and Spinach (mine, and it was excellent). While the wait staff may aspire to be professional singers (and they so good, that is a real possibility), they were nevertheless top-notch servers: friendly, quick and helpful. Go celebrate a birthday at Miceli's and you'll hear a rendition of 'Happy Birthday' like no other. Kind of loud, kind of chaotic but we liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingRichardDined on 9/20/2014The singing waiters is lots of fun. It is always a very entertaining evening when we go. The food is old fashion Italian. It is good.Special Features:
- Wasn't bad... Wasn't goodChrisSt88Dined on 9/16/2014It was late and was not familiar with the area. Didn't want to go to universal so figured we would try this place. Food was good but not the best Italian I've ever had. If you don't want to go to the universal walk chain restaurants/ travel far from the hotels it's a good choice. But I feel like if I ventured a little further I would have found something better.
- Good food great entertainmentLuv2eatoutDined on 9/12/2014Good food great entertainment. However, Sitting by the piano is not a good idea if you wish to talk with your guests. That seems kind of obvious, but when first seated it looks like a lovely spot. It's only when the entertainment starts and you've already ordered and finding a new table is a pain that you realize this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenksDined on 9/9/2014The food was amazing and the service was equal! The unique style of serving/singing was a stark contrast to the normal dining experience. The good quality was to match! Overall it was fantastic and we are already looking at coming back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Took my dad there for his 70th birthday with a few family members before heading to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert. We all loved the food and the service and especially the singing staff! Great for a special occasion and for out of towners!Special Features:
- #1 LA dining experience every time!Luv2travelDined on 8/16/2014Always a fantastic food experience. The servers sing to you and the other guests. If you can, get a table near the piano, first rate experience there. We will dine the next time we are in town again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerbevrepsDined on 8/15/2014we brought friends for the first time & they loved itSpecial Features:
- Our GO TOJestbareitDined on 8/15/2014We've had celebrations here as well as enjoyed bringing out-of-town guests to this unique & entertaining atmosphere. The food is always great and the menu generous. It's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014It was the first time for my family. We met another family there that had been there before. We absolutely enjoyed the food and the ambiance. I think we are going again next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to visit againteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/9/2014It had been a REALLY LONG TIME since I had been here. Wanted some good Italian food after a long day at work. Music is always good but there were times it was WAY TOO LOUD. I had trouble hearing myself think. Food was good though. My daughter took the advice of the server and she was not disappointed at all. Will come back again for great food!!Special Features:
- beauzestDined on 7/28/2014This was a wonderful experience. We had children with special needs and the restaurant went out of their way to accommodate us. Fantastic food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- DisappointingAndrewDined on 7/21/2014Sorry to say but this was the worst Italian restaurant I've ever been to. Something is so steeped in tradition served soggy frozen calamari? I literally threw up when I got home.
- GOOD TIMESDartboyDined on 7/19/2014If you want to have a fun time dining out, then go to Miceli's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funMIkeDined on 7/12/2014Singing waiters awesome. Food was good and our group had a great time. We will return and tell others about ourvexperience.Special Features:
- FUN!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014A fun place for a special occasion whether it be a girls night out, birthday, bachelor party etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Eat, relax, & enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Everyone I met and spoke to on the staff was very friendly. The food was delicious, timing was great, ambiance was fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the future!Special Features:
- The following 112 reviews are from the Miceli's - Universal reviews archive.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsphgjennDined on 6/15/2014I had only been here once before years ago, but it left a lasting impression on me. I LOVED that the waiters and waitresses all have beautiful voices and sing throughout the night near the piano. The piano player was amazing, played as if it were effortless. I took my dad here for Father's Day and celebrated my birthday here this last Sunday. Note: apparently the singing mainly takes place during dinner shift, but we were lucky enough to have one of the dinner servers working the lunch shift! There are not very many restaurants that I would consider "fun," but this one knocks it out of the park. Love that it's family owned and run as well! Fun fun fun. Everyone enjoyed themselves!Special Features:
- Parking ChallengeJonesDAVIPDined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed the dining experience again. The food remains the best, the service and our waiter was on point. The entertainment makes the restaurant experience that much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodLuv2DineDined on 6/2/2014I went there for dinner. Service was very good. They checked back with me often to see if there was anything I wanted or needed. The food was good and a decent size portions. I could not eat all my dinner. Took leftovers home. Waitresses and waiters sing songs during the evening as someone plays the piano. Was very surprised with the VERY GOOD and FREE entertainment while eating dinner. Will definitely return to this restaurant again to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-Favorite-Karaoke-StyleFoodnWineMeDined on 6/1/2014My boyfriend & I had driven passed Miceli's when we lived in Studio City but never made it in so when we saw an Amazon Local Deal for Miceli's we decided to finally try it. Our reservation was on a Sunday night & upon entering we were greeted by the roar of people talking loudly over a live piano & singing. The servers took turns singing & although they all had great voices, the volume could have been turned down a bit to allow for dinner conversation. There were so many families w/kids; it felt like we were at a Chuck E. Cheese. We had the chicken lasagna, meatballs in red sauce, minestrone soup & bottle of Miceli's private label chianti. The food & wine were OK but nothing stood out. Well, at least we know now & can stop wondering.Special Features:
- Fun place to eatFoodiecriticDined on 6/1/2014If you love show tunes and good Italian food, this is the place to go. The waiters sing and service your food. It is lots of fun and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining Dining at Miceli'sPetuniaDined on 6/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Miceli's as the waiter was very accommodating and provided good service, he was also very talented as all the entertainers were. The Pizza and salad were delicious but the Pasta was OK. The ambiance was very reminiscent of an Italian restaurant in the theater district in New York. The piano player was also great. The bus boy was a bit cranky. It is kid friendly providing children the opportunity to hear Opera in the most wonderful way of introducing them to good music. We had the most delightful evening and look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not say they are kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014Listed as kid friendly, but really a bit too loud for kids, no kids menu and no paper, crayons or coloring page. This would be a great addition if they want to be considered kid friendly.Special Features:
- It looks nice!ImnotpickyDined on 5/31/2014Ambiance is great, its trendy place to eat. Parking is terrible, but the place is easy to find. Prices were okay, although food was salty, so I was a little disappointed. Also, I don't know if was because a used a LivingSocial coupon, but when they brought me my check, they automatically added 18% to my total. Gratuity for food and service was not worth it. 10% kind of place.Special Features:
- Little DisappointedSkipDined on 5/17/2014Checked in a little before 8 pm reservation. Was told it would be a few minutes and went to bar. Sat for 1/2 hour was not called. Noticed that people that cam in after us were being seated. Checked with attendant found out they forgot about us as they asked if I had a reservation again. Waited another 15 minutes before being seated.Special Features:
- Train your waitressDisappointed1Dined on 5/17/2014We were very disappointed with our waitress. Although she sang beautifully , it appeared she was just going through the motions as a server. It was our first time at Micelli's and she did not explain if food came with soup or salad etc... She did not ask us if we wanted more drinks bread etc... We literally had to grab her in order to get service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoped for better.DJ2432Dined on 5/17/2014For so many years, I had heard how great this restaurant was and I finally decided to try it but I was overall disappointed. Our waiter was nice but we hardly saw him and when we did, we had to call him over to our table for service which does not make for a good experience. Caesar salad he recommended was really good, but way too much dressing in it. We opted for the Miceli's specialty pizza with thin crust and the pizza dough seemed like cardboard. I couldn't believe it given this place is so reputable and has been there for years. I'm not sure I'd go back given this experience but if I did, I'd definitely order the Caesar salad with dressing on the side.Special Features:
- awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014great time with family and friends! atmosphere is great! upbeat lively place with great service!! the lighting is perfect, not to dark but not to light. prompt service. as soon as all my party arrived we were seated within minutes. our waiter was on it! the food is absolutely wonderfull!! highly recommend this place!! oh and all the waiters/servers sing awesome! i had the scallops and shrimp pasta...excellent! if you love garlic you must have their garlic bread!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and entertainment toorangodogVIPDined on 5/10/2014Haven't been here in years. Food was good, not great, but it is so much fun. The wait staff burst into song to entertain everyone while dining. Can't find places as much fun as this one anywhere in L.A. Perfect for groups, family, out of town guests, or just for two that want a fun night on the townSpecial Features:
- Toooo ItalianHalpVIPDined on 5/4/2014The food is average, typical Italian fare. Nothing of real interest. Lasagna was served warm...coffee was delivered warm. It is a no returner.
- Authentic Italian????lilisevenDined on 4/27/2014I guess I had too much expectations, and should had asked my server what Miceli's is known for; because it wasn't for there lasagna, which was over cooked and the ravioli was cold and drowning in sauce, the place was so charming, but the food fell short.Special Features:
- High prices moderate qualityHeymikeyDined on 4/26/2014Food was so so served luke warm ,this place is best for groups celebrating occasions that like the wait staff to sing jingles at their table for their particular event. food is definitely a second thought here. High prices reflects entertainment value not the food quality.Special Features: