Miceli's - Hollywood
1646N N Las Palmas Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Miceli's - Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micelisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3234663438x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano on a nightly basis. And, some of servers will break out into song. Standards and opera.
- Cross Street: 2 blks East of Hollywood and Highland
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Miceli's will validate the 1st 2 hours of parking in the Classic Parking Lot, located 100 feet south of Miclei's. They will ask for the going rate up front. After dining at Miceli's, we will validate your parking ticket and you will be refunded all money from Classic, less $4. Of course, anything over the 2 hours, you are at thier going hourly rates. After 6pm, and on Sundays, the yellow loading zones are available for parking.
A word from Miceli's - Hollywood
Miceli's Hollywood, Family owned and operated since 1949, is the oldest Italian Restaurant in Los Angeles. Located two blocks east of Hollywood and Highland. Walking distance from the Pantages, Dolby, Hollywood Bowl, El Capitan, Chinese and Egyptian Theaters. Singing servers (opera and standards) and live piano nightly. A great destination restaurant. Perfect for any occassion from 1st birthdays to 50th anniversaries. Pizza, pasta, lasagna, chicken and veal dishes. Full bar and a wonderful wine and Italian Beer list. Miceli's validates parking at the Classic parking lot, just South on Las Palmas. Miceli's offers free delivery service and Banquet faciliesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miceli's - Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (18)romantic (17)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Absolutely fantasticdaveDined on 10/18/2014Micelis was recommended by my neighbor so I didn't know what to expect. My wife thought I told her to dress-up so that we could drive 75 miles and end up having pizza. We specifically asked for the 2nd level and our waiter was Boise Holmes. From the minute we entered the restaurant my wife stopped her questioning and realized that we had entered a fine restaurant with spectacular decor. She didn't order pizza, although it is probably great. We had a great dinner and listed to Brian at the piano perform his magic on the keys. Not only was he fantastic but he is also a real comedian. Overall we had a great time and I would defnitely return again.
- Italian charmEatgood22Dined on 10/17/2014There is hollywood nostalgia and history here and you get soaked in it if you have an interest.. The waiters all sing, the pianist is energetic, the food and wine is what you would hope - authentic Italian! Casual dining and lots of fun at reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, average foodUligVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to this place because it is close to the Chinese theater and the Hollywood Boulevard scene. The place looks nice and relatively noisy. The food was mediocre.
- Italian GemRicksreviewDined on 10/3/2014The Restaurant was awaiting my arrival and greeted my wife and I by name. They sat us near the piano as we requested and had a talented piano player playing popular Italian songs. He also mixed in a few popular songs. they were able to provide a desert and a song because we were celebrating an anniversary. The waiter was attentive and suggested an excellent dish for each of us. All in all the environment was intimate and personal. I would suggest the restaurant to anyone looking for a nice evening and is hungry for good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real GEM!snobuz78Dined on 10/1/2014It is always a pleasure to visit the Original Miceli's in Hollywood. The atmosphere of this historic restaurant is fun and interesting, the food is wonderful, the musical entertainment always fun. Every time we visit we notice something that we hadn't before. Parking is close and offers easy access for individuals that may have some mobility issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014One of Los Angeles's best romantic restaurants. A must go place!Special Features:
- In-dish-structableBaezookaDined on 9/27/2014A lovely restaurant for that special night of you live and a amazing service and the food don't even get me started on the food YUM!!! It was delicious and so fulfilling and amazing qualitySpecial Features:
- Old World Charmdine2enjoyDined on 9/26/2014A lot of fun in this charming old world restaurant. Ordered the veal and it was cold and slightly sour - at first, I thought is was just the way it was prepared but the next day to heat it up for lunch I realized it was just...bad. I ordered a glass of the house wine and keeping in mind the small Italian style charming glass, the amount of wine for the price was a little insulting - not even 1/2 full. Sorry, Miceli's - maybe on off night ? Even if a Friday night ? Normally, I would have complained about cold food that just didn't quite taste right but, I was at an evening out with my daughter so I smiled and enjoyed her company instead.
- Great Classic ItalianMidwestMomDined on 9/20/2014We visited on a Saturday night at 7:30. The restaurant was pretty quiet at that time but it picked up at like 8:30. We enjoyed the piano player and the singing waiters. The food was Classic Italian. Huge portions. We really liked the food. It's an older restaurant but would recommend itSpecial Features:
- Great experience!melinpaDined on 9/13/2014I took someone there for a birthday celebration, and was delighted with the friendly welcome, the service, the food, and especially the music! Fun, friendly and amazingly talented folks make this place very special!!!Special Features:
- LA ItalianleeboDined on 8/30/2014This was a chance reservation prompted by the concierge. A short stroll down Hollywood Blvd. and we had one of the best meals of our vacation. Classic Italian fare with entertainment by the staff. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Old Fashioned Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014If you are in the mood for some good old italian food, this is the place. Modest wine list, variety of menu options, old world italy ambiance. Eggplant parm was delicious, and love the italian dressing (obviously homemade).
- The Best in L.A.PBR2014Dined on 8/27/2014Not only is Miceli's the oldest Italian Restaurant in Los Angeles (established 1949), it is by far the best. The lasagna, manicotti AND the Garlic & Cheese bread are to-die-for. Their entree's are so good, we've never had the chance to try their world famous pizza. If vacationers come to Hollywood to view the Walk-of-Fame...it's only one block from Grauman's Chinese on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Las Palmas. Just Fabulous!!!!! And at 6 p.m.there's a pianist who performs classic music from the 40s, 50s...and the waiters and waitresses sing.Special Features:
- Food, service not as good this timelascarlettDined on 8/23/2014I love their lasagna but this time it was only okay (usually FANTASTIC). Service was also only so-so, but maybe because we were there 6 - 8pm, before singing really began. It definitely was less busy than usual.Special Features:
- Classic Italian restaurant + musicmabelleDined on 8/16/2014A fun place because of the live entertainment but very difficult for carrying on a conversation! Food is average. I found my dish a bit too oily. But the prices are very reasonable and the service is very good. They are very attentive. I have been coming to this restaurant since I was in high school and that was a very, very long time ago!! (I think they were located in a different place back then.) I do recommend it but it's not for gourmands!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic atmosphere and great pizzaMcales2009Dined on 8/11/2014My boyfriend and I are not from the Hollywood area, so finding restaurants was a bit of an adventure for us. He was craving pizza and wanted a sit down place, so we found Miceli's. Looked nice but not too expensive. Once we arrived, we were surprise at how deliciously Italian the decor was. Wine bottles hung from the ceiling and walls, the lighting was dim, and a love pianist was playing lovely soft classical. Very romantic ambiance. Our waiter greeted us immediately, but after that was a bit slow despite the fact the place was not very busy. We ordered a couple of delicious beers and never got refills since he barely came around. Our pizza was to die for - we just got a few standard toppings and it was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time Had By AllOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Great Place! Live music and singing. Kids enjoyed the live piano playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!BourdainfanDined on 7/26/2014The food, the service, the atmosphere...all fabulous. I had the chicken cacciattore and my girlfriend had the spinach lasagna. All delicious! Many options for vegetarians. And the biggest surprise....the servers take turns singing at the piano bar and have fantastic voices! The service was excellent and attentive, and they sang Happy Birthday to my girlfriend. Overall great experience. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Evening - Thank YouChristopherUKDined on 7/17/2014Our visit to Hollywood, during a vacation to CA from the UK, was topped off by a wonderful visit to Micelis. Food was very good, service was excellent. The singing by the staff members was exceptional. All in all a great night - I'm very pleased we chose to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian food ever.PBR2014Dined on 7/13/2014We frequent Miceli's whenever we're in the area. It is the best Italian food we've ever had and the ambience is perfect.Special Features:
- KLDBDined on 7/5/2014The food and service is excellent. I have tried many of the traditional items and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- CA vacation 2014CarolynDined on 6/30/2014Food was classic Italian fare. We had a nice meal - but nothing to rave about. Prices are reasonable and it is kid-friendly - good for our family of 4. Unenthusiastic service - but food was delivered quickly. It was walking distance from the Loews Hollywood hotel where we were staying. Nice basic meal for a tired and hungry traveling family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinanovoDined on 6/28/2014Never a disappointment at Miceli's! The food is always terrific as well as the ambiance. Try the Cappuccino Miceli's after dinner.Special Features:
- Good food great atmosphereGavinpeterDined on 6/27/2014All the food is pretty good and the piano player is excellentSpecial Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Miceli's - Hollywood reviews archive.
- Saturday night bday celebrationDisappointedDined on 6/7/2014I had picked Miceli's for dinner because the food is good and it's a fun atmosphere for a birthday - usually. Also, we were going to the Hollywood Bowl for the James Taylor concert and Miceli's is close by. I had made an online reservation noting that this was a birthday celebration. The service was slow and I had to tell our waiter more than once that this was a birthday dinner and the person that was celebrating. He finally sung happy birthday by himself and brought out a very small scoop of Spumoni ice cream with a candle in it. It was quite embarrassing. I will think long and hard about going there again. There are many restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Hidden micelisBaruranchDined on 6/6/2014Didn't know there were 2restaurants. We love the universal location so much that since I had family visiting from out of state we saw a show at El Capitan and we're directed to micelis in Hollywood. I expected the same live entertainment show but Hollywood only had a piano player, which was great but we were in the back opposite side and it was only background music. Disappointed there were no waiters/waitresses singing. Our waiter even forgot to bring our salads that came with our dinners. Staff were a bit on the slow side. Food was ok. I'll stick to universal localSpecial Features:
- Old School CharmWoohoowahineDined on 6/1/2014Miceli's is The Oldest Italian Restaurant in Hollywood......If the walls could talk I can imagine the stories they could tell about this restaurant. Great Atmosphere & Yummy Italian Food with Reasonable Prices. The menu has something for everyone. Good Beer & Wine Selection too! We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner Reviewluv2eatDined on 5/31/2014I have eaten at the Miceli's in Universal before and it was lively, fun, and a great experience. That was 2 years ago. We were at the El Capitan theater and made reservations at the Micelis in Hollywood right down the street because it was convenient and also because my experience at the Universal location was a positive one. Food here, just ok. Waiter- great. Wont go back. :(Special Features:
- Definitely coming back!RainbowGurlDined on 5/31/2014Miceli's main appeal are the singing servers. Unfortunately, the lay-out of the restaurant is such that, if you don't sit in the section with the piano, sometimes it's hard to hear them. Still, it's fun! The service was friendly and reasonably attentive, and the food was great! They were also very helpful in accommodating a special dietary need. I will come back, but next time, I'll request a table near the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014I had friends in from out of town and I took them to Miceli's after a day of doin the hollywood touristy things . . . very disappointed in our service. Our waiter was nowhere to be found. The only way we could place our orders was by calling over the host and he took our order.
- Great historic dining in LAretrodinerDined on 5/17/2014Miceli's is not only a landmark in Hollywood, it has the best atmosphere and ambiance in Los Angeles. The historic decor, the multi-level open floor seating, pizza oven aroma, and live piano and singing make this a vintage eatery like nothing else in L.A. In fact, it's far more like Manhattan. The food is good although prices are a little high, especially wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantZmanDined on 5/17/2014Miceli's is a old traditional Italian restaurant with great food, service and ambiance. I have only been twice but each time the food and service has been very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingMaxieDined on 5/2/2014I love the Miceli's in Universal City so I was expecting to love this too. But from the bread, to the appetizer, to the entree, my friends & I were not impressed. The rolls initially brought to us were burned to a crisp, the bruschetta was on stale toast & had no seasoning at all - nor olive oil. It seemed like someone hastily chopped up some tomatoes, added LOTS of fresh, chopped garlic (yikes!) & a tiny bit of basil. No salt or pepper, nothing but overwhelming GARLIC - and we all love garlic, but please! It was impossible to eat. The eggplant parm was passable but not great (like it is at the Uni location) and the waiter seemed resentful that he had to work that day. Go to Universal City if you want a great experience and excellent food.
- Good dinner place at mid HollywoodKannes69Dined on 5/1/2014Very nice athmosphere, pianist playing and every now and then some of the waiters starts to sing! Food is very traditional italian cuisine.Special Features:
- EscobarDined on 4/27/2014Our waitress, Ariel was great. Always aware to see if we needed anything or to see if she can take our finished plates. Very kind and helpful. It was our first time there so she gave great recommondations. We are definetly coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!KimberDined on 4/26/2014We found this place at the last minute because of Open Table. We needed somewhere to eat before concert at Hollywood Bowl. It was perfect. We even parked in lot next door for $10 and them walked to Bowl instead of getting caught in that stacked parking. Food amazing. Pizza to die for. Ambience fantastic. No cell phone use too!!!! Will go back. 10 plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in HollywoodJimsmomVIPDined on 4/26/2014We've been dining at Miceli's in Studio City for years, and this was the first time at the original Hollywood location. Service here was slow and inattentive. Food was fine. What I enjoyed most was seeing the interior from the original Pig 'n Whistle. Half block south of Hollywood Blvd makes this a good spot for lunch or dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Food was terribly disappointing, overloaded with visible garlic chunks. Pizza toppings barely cooked. Such a shame, I had been looking forward to this place.
- Miceli's Excells AgainFredPlantDined on 4/12/2014On our third trip to Miceli's we were once again delighted by the great attitude of the personnel, the variety of great dining options, and classic dining environment. The night was extremely busy and we missed our reservation by over the allotted time. However a table was found and we finished dinner with plenty of time to get to the Book of Mormon on time. Lili always has the Veal Masala but I tried the Linguini Pescatore and was delighted. Took the leftovers home and had plenty for a second delicious meal. No room for desert that night but will save that for our next trip and looking forward to it (probably when we see American Idiot).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so!irescheDined on 4/12/2014Place looked great, been there a long time, had amazing interior antique design and I love the different levels. However, the service was moderate (server forgot to bring a couple of things and had to be reminded) and the food was not great! sauteed mushroom appetizer and caprese salad were probably where we should have stopped! We ordered the veal and the spaghetti with chicken livers. Too much food and not good enough to want to eat much of it! disappointing and will not return.