Mia Francesca Trattoria
4100 Main At North Hills St
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Francesca Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://miafrancescaraleigh.com/
- Phone: 9192781525x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Zachary VanGaasbeek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
The Francesca's philosophy of good, simple cooking, served in a casually sophisticated dining atmosphere is one that we proudly carry over to our Special Events. Our private and semi-private dining rooms are ideal for business functions or social occasions and can accommodate groups of 10 to 200, depending on location.
Contact our dedicated Event Planners for additional information or to inquire about avaliabilty of dates:
- Entertainment: Thursday Night Is live music night & $5 house Martinis!
- Special Events: At Mia Francesca we boast two beautiful rustic private dining rooms for your special event planning needs. You can host a party at Francesca’s in either our downstairs private dining room - suitable for any private parties up to 60 people; or upstairs Tuscan Wine Cellar Mezzanine - accommodating private dining groups up to 55 guests. We have full audio and visual equipment if your event requires them. Our on site Event Manager will help you along the way from beginning to end to coordinate the perfect event. Our flexible menus and spaces are just what you need to host the perfect private group event. With private group menus featuring our fantastic authentic made from scratch Italian cuisine or more traditional group fare we are here to help you host the best private event possible.
- Cross Street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: For parking we offer several options. You may use the parking lot behind the restaurant.
The underneath entrance is at the Main North Hills' entrance just off of Six Forks Road. You may then take the elevator up to the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel and work over to our location. This is a great option if the weather is inclement.
You third option is valet in-front of the restaurant at the Renaissance hotel adjacent to us.
A word from Mia Francesca Trattoria
Mia Francesca Trattoria offers the North Hills - Raleigh, NC region a uniquely authentic Italian restaurant with made from scratch, simple, rustic cooking with friendly service, fair prices, & farm to table ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mia Francesca Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Mia Francesca Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (41)romantic (39)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (26)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent Dining ExperienceNeighborVIPDined on 9/29/2014Tonight the food and service were excellent. The lentils and spinach are always excellent.Special Features:
- EnjoyableprsquirtVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit. Our waitress was fabulous. We enjoyed our salmon made two different ways. We look forward to our next visit leaving room for dessert.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Our server was very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent! Overall our dinner was lovely. I would recommend Mia Francesca Trattoria.Special Features:
- 24pawzDined on 9/26/2014As always, food was excellent. Our wait person was friendly, knowledgeable and eager to please. She made our dining experience all the more pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lhkh4513Dined on 9/25/2014Very enjoyable evening. Food and Atmosphere were both ourstanding. Out waitress (Casey) was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 9/24/2014It appeared that they were short on wait staff. Once we were seated it took a long time for someone to check on us. I observed our waiter taking care of lots of tables and one was a large group. Ordered drinks and seemed not to know what we wanted. Only ordered gin and tonic. Had to ask for bread to be brought to table. I would still go back. Waiter could not help that he had a lot of tables to provide service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!RockGlamQueenDined on 9/20/2014First time at this restaurant. Amazing food, service, and location. Will definitely visit again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary eventYYZfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Chose this restaurant based on web and friend recommendations....I support their "gotta go" comments. Wife and I had a carpaccio app which had some nice layers of flavor and texture. We enjoyed it and could order it again if not for some others we would explore on our next visit. My wife enjoyed her Scallop risotto VERY much as I had the grilled salmon topped with crab and asparagus. Also very good! Portions are generous and the service is timely but not overwhelming. We sat outside to enjoy a very nice Septemer evening. I'll end with we will come back even if just to enjoy another tasty beverage or dessert. No disappointment to allow as Mia Francesca is a very good choice for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very quick serviceElliotVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything we had was very good and quickly served. The waitress was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- First timeJudyDined on 9/18/2014We celebrated a birthday at Mia Francesca --- food was okay - nothing outstanding; atmosphere is quite plain. My biggest complaint is that they just placed the silverware on the wooden table --- no napkin, no placemat, no tablecloth.Special Features:
- Not very goodcoocoocajooDined on 9/13/2014Only went there because had groupon deal, which would have been a great deal had the food been good. Was the level of quality of italian food that expect in a seafood restaurant - passable, but not what you expect in a restaurant that specializes in that kind of food. Will not go back.
- poorunhappy2Dined on 9/13/2014was not happy thought we were going to a very luxury restaurant and found it very noisy ,food was not good ordered salmon and tuna and it came to us charred on one side and over cooked , all we tasted was burnt fish. would not recommend this place to anyone also over priced for what we received. the only good thing was the wait staff .
- HaysVIPDined on 9/12/2014Mia Francesca is a nice restaurant that serves a variety of entrees. We opted for inside dining because the outside dining is situated right next to mall traffic. Our server was excellent, checking in on occasion but not hovering. A little pricey, but expected as it is a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRosalitaDined on 9/12/2014Delicious food (did not try the wine) and friendly, efficient service!Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/12/2014Waiter was not specific, and we did not get to enjoy an appetizer we really were looking forward too. The food was great, and the portions also.Special Features:
- FromNEDined on 9/12/2014Comfortable outdoor seating...good food...friendly waitress....Special Features:
- WaiterCatcherDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was an Iranian guy and he really knew his business. He didn't try to up-sell us, he guaranteed that the entrée cold be done to our desire and most of all, he did not HOVER and ask. He was prompt with the drinks and good with the food. The food was excellent. Wewill be back, This was our first experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd ChanceAnniversaryVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went there for Valentines Day and I was very disappointed but decided to give a 2nd chance. This time the service was better and we didn't feel rushed but the food was a disappointment. Not bad but not really good just passable. The prices are to high for te food to only be passable. We will not be back!
- Fair food, disappointed!SBensonDined on 9/4/2014Ordered beef tenderloin with morels! Came with baby portobellas, no morels! Very disappointed, was to be a romantic evening with wife for her birthday. She ordered lobster ravioli's. good flavor, bland flavorless sauce. Extremely noisy, hard to have conversation. Best part of the evening was the chef's dessert plate. Very good. Not sure if will ever come back.Special Features:
- Date Nightluv2travel28Dined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend and I stayed at the Renaissance North Hills and were told by the front desk employee that Mia's had great Italian food. A few steps away from tge lobby we walked into beautiful rustic Italy. The atmosohere was lovely and restaurant tastefully decorated. Although our server was not the most attentive, appeared he was doubling as the bartender, he was fairly knowledgeable about the menu and made recommendations. The food was plentiful and tasty. I got a salmon pasta dish, my date Fettuccine alfredo with chicken and scallops . Literally stuffed we did not have a chance to try dessert but woukd definitely go back again. Mia Francecsca is truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ChangeFoodieGirlDined on 8/30/2014Wow, what can I say about this restaurant? It was a nice evening with little humidity so we decided to dine outdoors. From the moment we entered the restaurant, the service was impeccable! While being seated outdoors, the music was very Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra. If I closed my eyes, sipped my wine, & listened to the music & street sounds, I would not believe I was sitting in Raleigh, NC. The food was absolutely divine! My husband had the pork chop served atop spinach & polenta, & I had the seafood trio pasta. We shared a calamari appetizer that was so large we had to take some home, along with a good bit of my entrée. Perfectly presented & prepared. Our server was a Mario Lopez lookalike-very professional & attentive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSteverinoDined on 8/29/2014My wife's pasta was excellent; mine was only pasaable. First courses were very good, service was excellent, ambience quite nice.Special Features:
- Innovative MenuBVCAryVIPDined on 8/23/2014Found great variety on the menu - especially for vegetarians. They change the menu with seasons. Found tasty, yet delicious food offering. Great dining experience. Should be going there more often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmwtarheelVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very fast! Restaurant is pretty cramped but overall niceSpecial Features:
- Great food!LalaDined on 8/22/2014We couldn't believe the size of the calamari appetizer! We ended up taking half of it home. My husband got lobster tortellini and I got the salmon. Both were fabulous. I ordered the peach crostata with almond gelato for dessert while my husband got the cheesecake. Again, both were great. We had a great time and will probably be back. The service was quite slow. When we sat down we were told that Emily would be our server. Someone dropped off some bread and then we waited. And waited. It was a male server that finally ended up showing up. He was very nice but it seemed like he had way too many tables. We had a long wait after he brought the check to us as well. Didn't ruin the dinner though.......Special Features:
- Fresh and Delicious!PJ101Dined on 8/19/2014I was staying here on business and had dinner outside on the patio with my daughter. I have to eat gluten-free and they had a wonderful GF menu Everything on the menu sounded delicious. My daughter got the lobster ravioli and I had the halibut and they were both very fresh and delicious. I will definitely dine here again. It was also a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedlawstudentDined on 8/16/2014The food was great a little more pricy then expected. The biggest issue was the table we were at was near the kitchen and my mother in law kept getting bumped into by the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Fun22Dined on 8/14/2014We loved Mia Francesca's!!! Our original reservation was for 2 but at the last minute they accommodated 2 more for us! The food, service and ambience was fabulous!Special Features:
- Very good pizza and wine nightMJamesTDined on 8/11/2014Had the surprisingly good lentils & spinaci with goat cheese appetizer, along with the quattro stagioni and summer corn pizzas, all of which went very well with the 1/2 price bottle of Durigutti Bonarda. The desert platter of tiramisu, profiteroles, and vanilla mascarpone cheesecake was delicious. The pizza toppings were superior, but frankly, the crust was somewhat hard and dry.Special Features:
- Mia Francesca EntreeJimDDined on 8/9/2014My date and I ordered the same entrée - a specially prepared duroc pork chop. The preparation, presentation and taste were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Dining Experience in North HillJanineDined on 8/8/2014Loved the outdoor dining. Service was great. Dessert was amazing. You could tell, the chef knew his business ! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local find!PescatarianDined on 8/3/2014Good local seafood and produce, creatively prepared. Surprising that it's attached to a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par menu offeringlovetosavorDined on 8/3/2014Order house salad which was overflowing the plate, doused with salad dressing as if someone overturned the salad dish they wanted to get rid of. Poor presentation, sloppy. Ordered a pasta dish or so I thought. The presentation was awful presented in something looking like a dog bowl or small upright fruit bowl. The food was indistinguishable. I ordered a pasta bolonnaise. Looking somewhat uncognizable like a bowl of tomato sauce. Very disappointed. I had touted this restaurant to my friends and I was glad they did not show up.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service, Good FoodSunny1234VIPDined on 8/1/2014Service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly, fast, energetic. It created a great atmosphere. The food was OK. We had mussels for appetizer which were fantastic. Great portion size. The white wine sauce was delicious. For entrees we had the lobster ravioli which lacked flavor. The sauce was milky and bland and the ravioli thick. We also tried one of the fishes...the fish was good but for the price, came only with giant croutons and very little glaze.Special Features:
- Ok experiancejamesDined on 8/1/2014We went on a date thinking it was going to be a bit more intimate however the table seating was too close as we were able to clearly hear conversations from people on either side of us. My chair was repeatedly bumped into throughout the night. The main course came out within 10 min of getting our appetizers. We had to send the main course back due to bad timing. After getting our dinner mine appeared to have reheated and not remade as told would happen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out.FuquayPatDined on 7/25/2014I read some mixed reviews about Mia Francesca that had me doubting my choice for taking my wife out for a romantic dinner. I can tell you that I am glad that I did not cancel my reservations. The service was friendly and warm. The food was great. An all around win on the whole experience. It could have been a bit more intimate, but I will not hesitate in a return visit.Special Features:
- always greatjsm1Dined on 7/25/2014one of the few places around where you can actually carry on a conversation while enjoying good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!carolinagirlDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time dining at Mia Francesca. We were very pleased with the food and service. My husband started with the Carpaccio Antipasti, while I had the Tomato Basil soup. They were both excellent. As entrees, I had the Lobster Cappelacci, and my husband had the Filetto con Spugnole. My dish was superb! The lobster filled pasta had large chunks of lobster that were sweet and delicate. The cream sauce was wonderful. My husband said his dish was excellent. I tasted his grilled beef tenderloin, and decided it might be my choice on my next visit. We could tell the food was made from scratch using farm to table ingredients. The atmosphere was very pleasant; contemporary, yet rustic Italian ambiance. We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby's BirthdayDakotaDined on 7/22/2014My daughter turned 18 and we had dinner -- just our family -- and it was perfect. We run around and stay so busy - it was nice to eat and enjoy each other's company. Wait staff was beyond wonderful, cordial and humorous.Special Features:
- Great for the first timeSweetzDined on 7/18/2014I had an awsome time. Lighting was great. The food was decent. I would definitely go again, I would just try something different the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.