Mia Francesca Trattoria
4100 Main At North Hills St
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Francesca Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://miafrancescaraleigh.com/
- Phone: 9192781525x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Zachary VanGaasbeek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
The Francesca's philosophy of good, simple cooking, served in a casually sophisticated dining atmosphere is one that we proudly carry over to our Special Events. Our private and semi-private dining rooms are ideal for business functions or social occasions and can accommodate groups of 10 to 200, depending on location.
Contact our dedicated Event Planners for additional information or to inquire about avaliabilty of dates:
- Entertainment: Thursday Night Is live music night & $5 house Martinis!
- Special Events: At Mia Francesca we boast two beautiful rustic private dining rooms for your special event planning needs. You can host a party at Francesca’s in either our downstairs private dining room - suitable for any private parties up to 60 people; or upstairs Tuscan Wine Cellar Mezzanine - accommodating private dining groups up to 55 guests. We have full audio and visual equipment if your event requires them. Our on site Event Manager will help you along the way from beginning to end to coordinate the perfect event. Our flexible menus and spaces are just what you need to host the perfect private group event. With private group menus featuring our fantastic authentic made from scratch Italian cuisine or more traditional group fare we are here to help you host the best private event possible.
- Cross Street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: For parking we offer several options. You may use the parking lot behind the restaurant.
The underneath entrance is at the Main North Hills' entrance just off of Six Forks Road. You may then take the elevator up to the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel and work over to our location. This is a great option if the weather is inclement.
You third option is valet in-front of the restaurant at the Renaissance hotel adjacent to us.
A word from Mia Francesca Trattoria
Mia Francesca Trattoria offers the North Hills - Raleigh, NC region a uniquely authentic Italian restaurant with made from scratch, simple, rustic cooking with friendly service, fair prices, & farm to table ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mia Francesca Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Mia Francesca Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)great for outdoor dining (55)good for groups (52)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (43)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (31)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (17)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend and I stayed at the Renaissance North Hills and were told by the front desk employee that Mia's had great Italian food. A few steps away from tge lobby we walked into beautiful rustic Italy. The atmosohere was lovely and restaurant tastefully decorated. Although our server was not the most attentive, appeared he was doubling as the bartender, he was fairly knowledgeable about the menu and made recommendations. The food was plentiful and tasty. I got a salmon pasta dish, my date Fettuccine alfredo with chicken and scallops . Literally stuffed we did not have a chance to try dessert but woukd definitely go back again. Mia Francecsca is truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Wow, what can I say about this restaurant? It was a nice evening with little humidity so we decided to dine outdoors. From the moment we entered the restaurant, the service was impeccable! While being seated outdoors, the music was very Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra. If I closed my eyes, sipped my wine, & listened to the music & street sounds, I would not believe I was sitting in Raleigh, NC. The food was absolutely divine! My husband had the pork chop served atop spinach & polenta, & I had the seafood trio pasta. We shared a calamari appetizer that was so large we had to take some home, along with a good bit of my entrée. Perfectly presented & prepared. Our server was a Mario Lopez lookalike-very professional & attentive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSteverinoDined on 8/29/2014My wife's pasta was excellent; mine was only pasaable. First courses were very good, service was excellent, ambience quite nice.Special Features:
- Innovative MenuBVCAryVIPDined on 8/23/2014Found great variety on the menu - especially for vegetarians. They change the menu with seasons. Found tasty, yet delicious food offering. Great dining experience. Should be going there more often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmwtarheelVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very fast! Restaurant is pretty cramped but overall niceSpecial Features:
- Great food!LalaDined on 8/22/2014We couldn't believe the size of the calamari appetizer! We ended up taking half of it home. My husband got lobster tortellini and I got the salmon. Both were fabulous. I ordered the peach crostata with almond gelato for dessert while my husband got the cheesecake. Again, both were great. We had a great time and will probably be back. The service was quite slow. When we sat down we were told that Emily would be our server. Someone dropped off some bread and then we waited. And waited. It was a male server that finally ended up showing up. He was very nice but it seemed like he had way too many tables. We had a long wait after he brought the check to us as well. Didn't ruin the dinner though.......Special Features:
- Fresh and Delicious!PJ101Dined on 8/19/2014I was staying here on business and had dinner outside on the patio with my daughter. I have to eat gluten-free and they had a wonderful GF menu Everything on the menu sounded delicious. My daughter got the lobster ravioli and I had the halibut and they were both very fresh and delicious. I will definitely dine here again. It was also a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedlawstudentDined on 8/16/2014The food was great a little more pricy then expected. The biggest issue was the table we were at was near the kitchen and my mother in law kept getting bumped into by the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Fun22Dined on 8/14/2014We loved Mia Francesca's!!! Our original reservation was for 2 but at the last minute they accommodated 2 more for us! The food, service and ambience was fabulous!Special Features:
- Very good pizza and wine nightMJamesTDined on 8/11/2014Had the surprisingly good lentils & spinaci with goat cheese appetizer, along with the quattro stagioni and summer corn pizzas, all of which went very well with the 1/2 price bottle of Durigutti Bonarda. The desert platter of tiramisu, profiteroles, and vanilla mascarpone cheesecake was delicious. The pizza toppings were superior, but frankly, the crust was somewhat hard and dry.Special Features:
- Mia Francesca EntreeJimDDined on 8/9/2014My date and I ordered the same entrée - a specially prepared duroc pork chop. The preparation, presentation and taste were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Dining Experience in North HillJanineDined on 8/8/2014Loved the outdoor dining. Service was great. Dessert was amazing. You could tell, the chef knew his business ! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local find!PescatarianDined on 8/3/2014Good local seafood and produce, creatively prepared. Surprising that it's attached to a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par menu offeringlovetosavorDined on 8/3/2014Order house salad which was overflowing the plate, doused with salad dressing as if someone overturned the salad dish they wanted to get rid of. Poor presentation, sloppy. Ordered a pasta dish or so I thought. The presentation was awful presented in something looking like a dog bowl or small upright fruit bowl. The food was indistinguishable. I ordered a pasta bolonnaise. Looking somewhat uncognizable like a bowl of tomato sauce. Very disappointed. I had touted this restaurant to my friends and I was glad they did not show up.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service, Good FoodSunny1234VIPDined on 8/1/2014Service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly, fast, energetic. It created a great atmosphere. The food was OK. We had mussels for appetizer which were fantastic. Great portion size. The white wine sauce was delicious. For entrees we had the lobster ravioli which lacked flavor. The sauce was milky and bland and the ravioli thick. We also tried one of the fishes...the fish was good but for the price, came only with giant croutons and very little glaze.Special Features:
- Ok experiancejamesDined on 8/1/2014We went on a date thinking it was going to be a bit more intimate however the table seating was too close as we were able to clearly hear conversations from people on either side of us. My chair was repeatedly bumped into throughout the night. The main course came out within 10 min of getting our appetizers. We had to send the main course back due to bad timing. After getting our dinner mine appeared to have reheated and not remade as told would happen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out.FuquayPatDined on 7/25/2014I read some mixed reviews about Mia Francesca that had me doubting my choice for taking my wife out for a romantic dinner. I can tell you that I am glad that I did not cancel my reservations. The service was friendly and warm. The food was great. An all around win on the whole experience. It could have been a bit more intimate, but I will not hesitate in a return visit.Special Features:
- always greatjsm1Dined on 7/25/2014one of the few places around where you can actually carry on a conversation while enjoying good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!carolinagirlDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time dining at Mia Francesca. We were very pleased with the food and service. My husband started with the Carpaccio Antipasti, while I had the Tomato Basil soup. They were both excellent. As entrees, I had the Lobster Cappelacci, and my husband had the Filetto con Spugnole. My dish was superb! The lobster filled pasta had large chunks of lobster that were sweet and delicate. The cream sauce was wonderful. My husband said his dish was excellent. I tasted his grilled beef tenderloin, and decided it might be my choice on my next visit. We could tell the food was made from scratch using farm to table ingredients. The atmosphere was very pleasant; contemporary, yet rustic Italian ambiance. We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby's BirthdayDakotaDined on 7/22/2014My daughter turned 18 and we had dinner -- just our family -- and it was perfect. We run around and stay so busy - it was nice to eat and enjoy each other's company. Wait staff was beyond wonderful, cordial and humorous.Special Features:
- Great for the first timeSweetzDined on 7/18/2014I had an awsome time. Lighting was great. The food was decent. I would definitely go again, I would just try something different the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay not GreatTonylombDined on 7/14/2014The service was greatly improved since the last time we came here. The food was good, but not great. I had the lobster cappellacci. It needed salt (which I hardly add to any dish dining out or cooking) and I found a lobster shell fragment in my dish.
- Nice Dining ExperienceNeighborVIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was very good, service was very good. Spinach and Lentils are always good. Enjoyed the chicken piccata and the spaghetti with meatballs.Special Features:
- Great Meal - Good ValueDougNDined on 7/11/2014I took an Italian buddy there for his 83 year old birthday - we absolutely loved it. The food was great. The service was wonderful. It was a good value as well. In short, never been there previously - will definitely return. It's a keeper!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Excellent! The food was wonderful.... Great birthday experienceSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable for groupCatherineDDined on 6/29/2014My group totally enjoyed the atmosphere and service as well as their food selections. The waitress was excellent and handled the service for the group very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- much quieter & enjoyable this timesasjrmDined on 6/29/2014we greatly enjoyed the pacing & ambience more than previously so I'm hoping the quieter music will remainSpecial Features:
- Not impressedhungryrunnerDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went for a birthday celebration and left looking at each other dumbfounded. For starters I had to send my mixed drink back twice because there were fruit flys floating on top. I would have expected after the first time that it was sent back they would check it to make sure it was bug free. Food was very good overall. Overall I do not feel that I would return.
- bolognese heaven!cttttDined on 6/28/2014If you go get the bolognese! It is the best I've ever eaten! Kayla was the best server so ask for her!
- Nice AmbienceoverpricedambienceDined on 6/28/2014The restaurant itself is very nice, the atmosphere is perfect. However I was a little surprised with the paper menu, seemed a little cheapened. Noodles that came with the chicken parmigiano were dry and bland. For the price of the meal, no salad was offered with the dinner selection, it was an additional, pricier cost. Overall, overpriced for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectScootieDined on 6/27/2014You can never go wrong with this place! From start to finish, it's ALWAYS PERFECT!Special Features:
- yourjustdessetsDined on 6/27/2014Sean, our waiter, was friendly, very capable, and very knowledgeable about the ingredients and how dishes were prepared. He also steered me toward a Chardonnay with flavors that I liked. The special that evening was tilapia with lobster sauce; it was quite good and satisfying. The apple crostada was delicious. I would order both dishes again. The noise level was an issue, however. It appeared that a rehearsal dinner was underway in an adjoining room, and the doors to that room remained open throughout most of our meal and were only closed when it was time for the toasts. If the noise from this special event could have been reduced or eliminated, we would have enjoyed our dining experience much more.Special Features:
- Love the patio!SuppyDined on 6/27/2014Nice evening on the patio and they graciously substituted spinach for the pasta in my dish...yummy! We went back two days later!Special Features:
- Disappointedluv2eatDined on 6/27/2014We had reservations for our anniversary celebration and we sadly were disappointed with the food. It had no flavor/seasonings were missing. The risotto was blan, the chicken parm also lacked seasoning/flavors, and the spaghetti also lacked flavor. The ambience was good, the service was good but the food was too blan. I wouldn't recommend.
- VIP SpecialSanStoneDined on 6/27/2014Had a fabulous time. Food was scruptuous. Heavenly bread. We were able to use VIP coupon from Attractions Book. Made reservation through OpenTable. Thanks Mia for participating in these programs which are a poor mans best friend. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diver55VIPDined on 6/24/2014Good for drinks and appetizers. Apps very good. Food very bland. Nice presentation but little flavor. There were 3 of us all had different meals. All3 lack flavor.
- good lunch and environmentJMB1Dined on 6/23/2014Our lunch was very pleasant and peaceful. We were able to have a conversation and enjoy the food in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Ali was our waiter and was incredibly personable and took really great care of us. He made the birthday brunch very enjoyable. I would go there again and ask for Ali.Special Features:
- Long wait for foodMaggieWDined on 6/22/2014Food is good. Wait staff very nice, and eager to help when you flag them down. However, they seem to need training to understand the need to check back after food delivery and for coffee refills. The kitchen is terribly slow - one hour wait for brunch on sunday and their lack of urgency to get food out doesn't help the wait staff either. However, this restaurant is in the Marriott so they don't have to scramble for patrons - perhaps that's why the kitchen is so slow. I may give this place one more try as the food and coffee were decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bolognese!ellenDined on 6/20/2014The Bolognese is the best! An added bonus is the gluten free version (meaning with their gluten free pasta, the sauce is already gluten free) tastes great too! They have a fairly large selection on their gluten free menu as well.... the only thing missing is the gluten-free bread at the beginning of the meal.... :) We frequent this place quite often - with our kids (it is family friendly) as well as for date night. The service is wonderful, our favorite server is John! Even when he isn't serving our table, he usually stops by and says hi!Special Features: