Mia Francesca Trattoria
4100 Main At North Hills St
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Francesca Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://miafrancescaraleigh.com/
- Phone: (919) 278-1525
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Zachary VanGaasbeek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
The Francesca's philosophy of good, simple cooking, served in a casually sophisticated dining atmosphere is one that we proudly carry over to our Special Events. Our private and semi-private dining rooms are ideal for business functions or social occasions and can accommodate groups of 10 to 200, depending on location.
Contact our dedicated Event Planners for additional information or to inquire about avaliabilty of dates:
- Entertainment: Thursday Night Is live music night & $5 house Martinis!
- Special Events: At Mia Francesca we boast two beautiful rustic private dining rooms for your special event planning needs. You can host a party at Francesca’s in either our downstairs private dining room - suitable for any private parties up to 60 people; or upstairs Tuscan Wine Cellar Mezzanine - accommodating private dining groups up to 55 guests. We have full audio and visual equipment if your event requires them. Our on site Event Manager will help you along the way from beginning to end to coordinate the perfect event. Our flexible menus and spaces are just what you need to host the perfect private group event. With private group menus featuring our fantastic authentic made from scratch Italian cuisine or more traditional group fare we are here to help you host the best private event possible.
- Cross Street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: For parking we offer several options. You may use the parking lot behind the restaurant.
The underneath entrance is at the Main North Hills' entrance just off of Six Forks Road. You may then take the elevator up to the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel and work over to our location. This is a great option if the weather is inclement.
You third option is valet in-front of the restaurant at the Renaissance hotel adjacent to us.
A word from Mia Francesca Trattoria
Mia Francesca Trattoria offers the North Hills - Raleigh, NC region a uniquely authentic Italian restaurant with made from scratch, simple, rustic cooking with friendly service, fair prices, & farm to table ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mia Francesca Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Mia Francesca Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (33)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our new fave!SuperMomDined on 11/15/2014Mia Francesca is truly a North Hills gem! The food was exceptional - even accommodating those of us who are gluten-free! This is definitely our new Italian "go to" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find and authentic!sweettea1966Dined on 11/14/2014Amazing atmosphere. The pasta is homemade and food was fresh and authentic. Cannot wait to return...been 2 times in one week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margarita Pizzaretire652Dined on 11/14/2014We order a Margarita pizza, which I thought would be great since it was an Italian Restaurant. We was so disappointed! The pizza tasted like a frozen pizza that you could buy from a grocery store!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funtravelbritVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our 'go to' neighborhood' restaurant - as always great food, pleasant staff. Noisy this visit as there was a huge group dining, and overall the restaurant was busy, which of course makes it fun anyway! I tried the Pera pizza this time - pears and gorgonzola - it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was satisfactorycrafkDined on 11/7/2014I was expecting a little more reserved setting, but the tables were so close together in the dining room, several servers brushed my chair trying to get around the room. All the floors and walls were hard surfaces, so there was nothing to help deaden the noise of a full dining room. The food was good, but nothing better than I could get at any other Italian restaurant. The server was knowledgeable and pleasant, but busy, since it was Friday evening. I was glad to have my Dealsaver discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightdinersDined on 11/7/2014Pleasant surroundings, excellent service, friendly and knowledgable wait staff, superb food. Couldn't be any better! Enjoyed ourselves and will return soon!Special Features:
- Crowded and mediocreUsedToBeWaiterDined on 11/1/2014I was disappointed at the closeness of the tables. One of us sat on a long bench that spanned the wall and the other sat opposite that on a chair. Neighboring tables shared the bench. The next table was 2 feet away; I could've used their condiments without stretching. I worked at a restaurant that had the same set-up and I always thought it was too crowded. The tables not along the bench were also ridiculously close; overall, a great setup only for eavesdropping! I had chicken picatta, and my date had spaghetti bolognese. Both dishes were "eh" as far as flavor. The spaghetti was a decent portion, but spaghetti's cheap. The picatta was weak on portion size; double pasta would have made it better.
- good stuffcoachHDined on 11/1/2014i had the lasagna bolonese and it was fantastic. Great bartender, great server. No complaints. Server was a dead ringer for Anna Faris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatSlimDined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent the waiter was excellent , we had the meat and cheese board, salad, lasagna ,salmon , spaghetti and the sample desert board everything was good.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMAS1Dined on 10/30/2014Had reservations, asked for a special table for our family of 5 They sat us at a huge table....we asked to be moved to a more appropriate sized table. Food was great, they forgot to bring the birthday profiterole out, by the time they did the kids left...kind of a bummer Food is always goodSpecial Features:
- Not Inexpensive, But Well Worth ItDrBobDined on 10/30/2014Mia Francesca is one of those rare restaurants within a hotel that actually deliver a complete dining experience. The setting, food, and service were great. While the prices are higher than the average for full menu Italian restaurants, so is the overall experience richer. We'll be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceRepeaterVIPDined on 10/28/2014Love the patio dining. The pear martini is refreshing, warm lentil salad is unique from "regular" appetizers and is superb, Bolognese Spaghetti is always our favorite. Service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor spaceShelleyDined on 10/28/2014I have been to this restaurant twice now. Both times, I've sat outside. They have a lovely patio. The serivce has always been great. The calamari I ordered this time was just ok. I wouldn't order it again. But all the other apps I've ordered in the past have been amazing. Great wine selections also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating Arrangement is too tightMaxineVIPDined on 10/24/2014Need to remove about 10-15% of the tables in the dining room. The tables are too close together so wait staff and diners bump into seated diners constantly. Also, the neighboring table conversation disturbs the adjacent tables, even though they are not speaking loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub Par & $$$$nightoutVIPDined on 10/24/2014If you want pasta that costs $20 and up, visit Mia Francesca. I don't know if their prices have risen, but the menu list seems outrageous for what you get. I had the seafood pasta, and my son had the spaghetti bolognese. Neither were outstanding, particularly for the price. We left our to go bag on the table. You get a lot of pasta, but you should! Even with seafood. I just expected something tastier and more reasonable.
- Always excellentGloriaVIPDined on 10/21/2014The best authentic Italian restaurant in town with generous portions at a reasonable price. On a pretty night the outdoor seating is very nice. We really enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- better every timesasjrmDined on 10/19/2014the music has gotten even more relaxing (heard some louis armstrong with ella fitzgerald) so we're beginning to think of this venue as 1 of our favorites since the food is consistently good & the staff even remembers us now. we look forward to our next special occasion as this last visit was our nicest experience so far. request ali as your waiter although everyone seems excellent hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch - okaynfspDined on 10/19/2014Went for sunday brunch. Food was decent. There are much better restaurants in the area for the price.Special Features:
- It was THAT good!Live2EatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Husband and I dined at Mia Francesca in North Hills on "National Pasta Day" and enjoyed one of the featured pastas. We also ordered Caesar salads with additional anchovies as well as a side of ricotta stuffed meatballs. It was all delicious. My husband is generally complimentary, but in a subdued way. When our server asked if we enjoyed our meal, he replied "If you bring in a camera right now and put it in front of me, I will make a live commercial for Mia Francesca. It was THAT good!"I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFun4AllDined on 10/11/2014Mia Francesca's is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted an authentic Italian restaurant for my mothers birthday celebration. From the decor to the food, everything was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food for brunchDurhamfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014I went to Mia's for the first time for brunch. I was pleasantly surprised by the options. The portions were quite sizeable. The service was quite attentive and the mimosas only $3. I thought it was a great and delicious value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 10/10/2014Great food and service. Located at a good hotel (Marriott) and very convenient.Special Features:
- Love the patio!SuppyDined on 10/9/2014Nice outside dining and really good food...breeze on the patio so best for hot days or bring a sweater.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceNeighborVIPDined on 9/29/2014Tonight the food and service were excellent. The lentils and spinach are always excellent.Special Features:
- EnjoyableprsquirtVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit. Our waitress was fabulous. We enjoyed our salmon made two different ways. We look forward to our next visit leaving room for dessert.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Our server was very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent! Overall our dinner was lovely. I would recommend Mia Francesca Trattoria.Special Features:
- 24pawzDined on 9/26/2014As always, food was excellent. Our wait person was friendly, knowledgeable and eager to please. She made our dining experience all the more pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lhkh4513Dined on 9/25/2014Very enjoyable evening. Food and Atmosphere were both ourstanding. Out waitress (Casey) was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 9/24/2014It appeared that they were short on wait staff. Once we were seated it took a long time for someone to check on us. I observed our waiter taking care of lots of tables and one was a large group. Ordered drinks and seemed not to know what we wanted. Only ordered gin and tonic. Had to ask for bread to be brought to table. I would still go back. Waiter could not help that he had a lot of tables to provide service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!RockGlamQueenDined on 9/20/2014First time at this restaurant. Amazing food, service, and location. Will definitely visit again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary eventYYZfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Chose this restaurant based on web and friend recommendations....I support their "gotta go" comments. Wife and I had a carpaccio app which had some nice layers of flavor and texture. We enjoyed it and could order it again if not for some others we would explore on our next visit. My wife enjoyed her Scallop risotto VERY much as I had the grilled salmon topped with crab and asparagus. Also very good! Portions are generous and the service is timely but not overwhelming. We sat outside to enjoy a very nice Septemer evening. I'll end with we will come back even if just to enjoy another tasty beverage or dessert. No disappointment to allow as Mia Francesca is a very good choice for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very quick serviceElliotVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything we had was very good and quickly served. The waitress was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- First timeJudyDined on 9/18/2014We celebrated a birthday at Mia Francesca --- food was okay - nothing outstanding; atmosphere is quite plain. My biggest complaint is that they just placed the silverware on the wooden table --- no napkin, no placemat, no tablecloth.Special Features:
- Not very goodcoocoocajooDined on 9/13/2014Only went there because had groupon deal, which would have been a great deal had the food been good. Was the level of quality of italian food that expect in a seafood restaurant - passable, but not what you expect in a restaurant that specializes in that kind of food. Will not go back.
- poorunhappy2Dined on 9/13/2014was not happy thought we were going to a very luxury restaurant and found it very noisy ,food was not good ordered salmon and tuna and it came to us charred on one side and over cooked , all we tasted was burnt fish. would not recommend this place to anyone also over priced for what we received. the only good thing was the wait staff .
- HaysVIPDined on 9/12/2014Mia Francesca is a nice restaurant that serves a variety of entrees. We opted for inside dining because the outside dining is situated right next to mall traffic. Our server was excellent, checking in on occasion but not hovering. A little pricey, but expected as it is a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRosalitaDined on 9/12/2014Delicious food (did not try the wine) and friendly, efficient service!Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/12/2014Waiter was not specific, and we did not get to enjoy an appetizer we really were looking forward too. The food was great, and the portions also.Special Features:
- FromNEDined on 9/12/2014Comfortable outdoor seating...good food...friendly waitress....Special Features:
- WaiterCatcherDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was an Iranian guy and he really knew his business. He didn't try to up-sell us, he guaranteed that the entrée cold be done to our desire and most of all, he did not HOVER and ask. He was prompt with the drinks and good with the food. The food was excellent. Wewill be back, This was our first experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.