5304 W Devon Ave
Chicago, IL 60646Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.miafigliarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7737928300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Boudouvas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mia Figlia
Mia Figlia is committed to hospitality with our knowledgeable staff. We aim to create delicious Italian food to share with your family and friends, making diners feel right at home. We offer traditional and contemporary classic dishes such as Lasagna Bolognese, Veal Osso Bucco and fresh hand made whole wheat pasta. Our weekly specials are seasonally product driven based on the availability of the market. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mia Figlia - Best Restaurants in Edgebrook ›
Mia Figlia reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (25)kid-friendly (22)good for groups (21)romantic (16)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Italy on DevonRedinkVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is a neighborhood gem, the food is excellent and the choices are very good. The chef is creative with the specials and best of all, the prices are good. We had eaten here before, but it has been awhile. It has actually gotten, better and it was excellent before. You cannot go wrong eating here.All the food is good from the appetizers to the entrees and a very good menu of choices.Special Features:
- A Wonderful MealErichVIPDined on 9/26/2014First time we have eaten at Mia Figlia. We picked this restaurant because it was close to our grandsons school. I was completely blown away by the quality of our meal. The filet was just outstanding and the calamari appetizer was one of the best I have had. The only dinner that was just ok was the chicken lemmone, everything else was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific neighborhood restaurantHonestOpinionDined on 9/19/2014Good food, good service, good vibe. This is our third visit with different company each time and everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- MaddyMaddyVIPDined on 9/17/2014We have been here many times, and have had a wonderful experience each time. Food is delicious, staff is friendly and efficient, and location is ideal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodMela526VIPDined on 9/14/2014Truly wonderful food. The menu has so many great things to choose from that it is very difficult to decide what to order. The pasta is absolutely wonderful as most are made in house. You can tell!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinners were most enjoyable. The menu is creative and the food is delicious. We found the entire staff to be most professional and genuinely concerned that our dining experience would be memorable. I intend to come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in EdgebrookLinder11Dined on 9/13/2014Nice restaurant and easy to get reservations. Service was surprisingly very slow. The portions were generous and the food was good. However, because service was so slow our 3-year guest got restless and we left without ordering dessert. We were celebrating 3 birthdays and were disappointed. We assume it was an "off-night", hopefully.Special Features:
- Great Italian Findmpm6VIPDined on 9/9/2014Mia Figlia is an initimate Italian restaurant with Superb food, Excellent Service, and a Rustic Italian atmosphere... You will Love it !Special Features:
- Neighborhood StapleMellenVIPDined on 9/6/2014It has been a few years since Mia Figlia opened now, still a good place to meet up, enjoy a good meal. Food is almost a guaranteed good whether you eat at the bar or seated at a table and stick to the menu staples or try the nightly specials.Special Features:
- Great good, slow kitchenFoodie8VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was fantastic, and somewhat worth the wait, but the wait from the kitchen was substantial. Overall, we would definitely go back and hope for faster service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKrickwalshDined on 8/24/2014Went with another couple. 4 different dishes ordered. None were remarkable. All were fine but not exceptional enough to go back. Had an off-puting waiter who, at the beginning of the visit announced that there were specials then asked us if we'd like to talk for a while before he came back to tell us about them. We said yes. He immediately went into a long elaborate description of them.
- wineanddineVIPDined on 8/24/2014Mia Figlias has become my favorite neighborhood restaurant especially for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- consistently excellentcanelevateDined on 8/23/2014always excellent food and the seasonal risotto is exeptionalSpecial Features:
- Mia Figlia Successfood4eweDined on 8/20/2014Perfect date night spot. The food is divine with some of the most exquisite blending of flavors I've experienced in a long time. A fabulous wine list and cocktails made to perfection. Our service was flawless - warm, friendly, experienced wait staff with the professionalism to know when to be there and when to let the conversation flow. Do you want to travel that little bit further to check it out? YES, you do! It's an experience you need to have.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJonesDined on 8/11/2014Great Food, Great Prices, Great Experience If you like Italian food, you will love this place, very creative and ever changing menuSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood spotHolderDined on 8/9/2014A great spot in Edgebrook. Food is good with noteworthy specials. Chef/owner very friendly and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the neighborhood ...ChitownDinersDined on 8/8/2014We made a late decision to go out for dinner and this was perfect. Close to home, a table in the open front window, a nice bottle Chianti and a great meal. All that we wanted that evening.Special Features:
- wingDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food. Very attentive staff. It was our first visit. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TreasureJerryDined on 8/5/2014Mia Figlia is great!! Exceptional food, service, a restful room and reasonable prices. What's not to like......nothing. You gotta go!Special Features:
- UnimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014I had eated here before and the food was good. This time the waitress made several errors, the wait time for the food was very slow and the food was nothing special. Presentation was lacking and there was no one to ask us if we were pleased. I will not be returning.
- Too good to be true.Trixie40VIPDined on 8/1/2014Every visit brings more choices with exceptional, creative dishes. Wine list changes often for variety, and the service is beyond excellent.Special Features:
- Deelish!MeDoVinDined on 7/27/2014We were there for brunch. The menu had a good selection, but not the usual boring brunch entrees. Our food was carefully prepared and nicely presented. It was all so tasty that not one of the 7 people in our party had any left. The service was attentive & friendly. I would go back in a heartbeat for brunch & would love to try it for dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine italian diningFroseDined on 7/26/2014the ingredients were fresh, the food was authentic -- reminded me of the Tuscany area, with light savory sauces. I didn't try any of the fish dishes, but they looked excellent. The room was VERY loud on a Saturday evening. The room is long and narrow so the sound level can get pretty high. If you are looking for a quiet intimate dinner this is not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Great first experience. Food was excellent. Will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Decent ItalialnannaDined on 7/18/2014Mia Figlia is not your usual "red-sauce" Italian restaurant. The menu provides some interesting options, with the daily specials being worth a try. The wine list has a range of Italian varietals. The scallop special was great, with large scallops and a flavorful sauce and farro side. The crostini starter was tasty, even if apples are not in season. The veal Saltimbocca was well prepared. The only fault was in the dessert. The lemon tart came with a broken crust, 1 strawberry and no mascarpone cream. The waiter could not comment, as he apparently does not eat desserts.Special Features:
- Great time !BarbfromVernonHillsVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our first time here and we will return--wonderful food, great service, very reasonable food and wine prices. What more could you want? Looking forward to our next time there. Most of the tables were filled when we were there on a Sunday night at 6:30pm--that is always a good sign of good food.Special Features:
- jackVIPDined on 7/11/2014Needs a better wine list. Better Chardonnay than on the menu would helpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHW1032VIPDined on 7/6/2014Mia Figlia is always a great experience. The wait staff is friendly and the food is always great!Special Features:
- Fantabulous!!taylorstreet5Dined on 6/30/2014My husband and I have gone here three times now, and it has become one of our favorite spots. I highly recommend Mia Figlia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnAmyEdgebrookDined on 6/20/2014Food was excellent with a wonderful choice of specials. Charred skirt steak superb. Should be permanent part of menu. Lentil side dish really different and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WMK1VIPDined on 6/18/2014Great innovative food! The specials are always interesting. Don't pass on the appetizers.Special Features:
- Great, even at last seatingprofdelangueDined on 6/2/2014We went here after my daughter's graduation from high school. We had the last seating (9:30 pm) and the food was as delicious and fresh as if we had been dining during peak hours. The waiter was very kind and we certainly enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Mia Figlia reviews archive.
- Excellent FoodLovemesomeitalianfoodDined on 5/31/2014Not your typical Italian restaurant offering the usual Italian fare. The chef, who happens to be the owner, has created a unique menu and the food is fantastic. While the place is small and noisy, the menu and the prices outshine most Italian restaurants. One gets a great meal at a very reasonable price. My husband and I would never have found this gem had it not been for an out-of-towner giving us a gift certificate for this restaurant. Can't wait to go back and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsCats3MrsCats3Dined on 5/29/2014When doors to sidewalk are open it is much too loud from traffic to talk if you are sitting in front. Service was excellent and appetizer and tiramisu absolutely delicious. I did not like the chicken cacciatore served over mashed potatoes because it made them very watery, better left on the side. Food is always plentiful and has an unusual and interesting flavor due to the chef's creativity.Special Features:
- We'll be backKidistefDined on 5/16/2014Items off of both the regular and special menus continue to impress us. The staff is very accommodating, and service is smooth and well paced. We are happy to have found this gem with easy parking next door. Can't wait till our next date at Mia Figlia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Excellent QualitycanelevateDined on 5/11/2014Freshness and use of items that are in season are always worth coming in for. Consistently good quality of regular menu items as well. The specials are usually that, special and great tasting and unique!Special Features:
- crowdededeoDined on 5/9/2014We were hoping for a nice evening and I guess it was o.k., but our table, which was barely big enough for two, seemed like it was just barely squeezed between several others. We were often bumped by wait staff who had no choice because there was so little space between tables. Hard to enjoy an evening like that.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2014Food presentation good, taste lacking big time. Too pricey . Been to other Italian joints and this place serve the least amount of food.
- Another fantastic meal!RobnTeegsMomDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is superb. Our entire dining experience was perfect. The moment we walked in, we were warmly greated by the owner. Our server for this meal was the same one who waited on us several years ago when we first dined here. I think that reflects on how well this restaurant is run. There isn't a turnover of staff. In addition, they have a good number of staff, so you are never wanting for a refill on a beverage, or another basket of their delicious bread. But the real star here is the food. The dishes are thoughtful and perfectly executed. Lots of fresh fish choices and creative pasta dishes. A favorite is the rigatoni with slow cooked pork and butternut squash. Order it! I promise you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:
- all goodauntieEDined on 5/1/2014Very good unique dishes. Terrific service. An asset to the neighborhood. Convenient parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.