Mia Bella Trattoria - Sugar Land
16535 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Bella Trattoria - Sugar Land
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.miabellarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 281-240-5000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jorge Cobbos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Schedule your next office meeting, Company happy Hour or family event, we will create a menu that fits your needs and budget, and if given enough notice we will work with wine brokers to get the best deals in wine for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Maggie Headlee 281-408-9728x
- Entertainment: Light background music that reminds us of Little Italy is always playing in the background while you enjoy your meal.
- Special Events: We are equipped to handle full functioning business meetings with both audio and visual needs, wedding receptions, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, baby showers, or just a night our on the town. If you can dream it, we can cater it!
A word from Mia Bella Trattoria - Sugar Land
Mia Bella Trattoria - which translates as "My Beautiful" Trattoria - is a delightful combination of Italian tradition and regional American twists. With multiple locations, the dining destinations are fun, intimate and moderately priced just like the traditional Trattorias where Italian families gathered for wine and delicious food. In a tradition of his own making, Owner/Chef Youssef Nafaa has created an exciting menu of familiar foods pushed to a new level with daring preparations and imaginative ingredients. Wine lovers will find a pleasingly extensive list of evenly priced wines while those seeking cocktails will find the same combination of classic recipes and creative mixings which set our menus apart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mia Bella Trattoria - Sugar Land - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
Mia Bella Trattoria - Sugar Land reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good foods good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014As my personal favorite restaurant at Tomball village plaza. There much more open area, Decor high end with high ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality lacks lusterAllrosewoodVIPDined on 9/3/2014What happened to Mia Bella SL? The quality of the food has taken a plunge. The attitude of the workers was lackadaisical. There was no redeeming value. So sorry but this restaurant will not be able to maintain business in this area from the locals.Special Features:
- Delicious mealHappycamperDined on 8/18/2014We've been here a number of times and I think this was the best meal we've ever had here. I appreciate that they tweak the menu periodically so there's always something new to try. Minor pet peeve: I wish that restaurants (in general) would tell you the price of the specials without one having to ask.Special Features:
- Great spotJojoDined on 7/31/2014Had the lamb shank, pretty solid. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Mia Bella Trattoria - Sugar Land reviews archive.
- Easter buffet brunchBrunchLoversDined on 4/20/2014Overall our brunch was good. Although some of the servers seemed ready to leave, our server was great! Our reservation was at 3:00 - the place was open until 4:30 for brunch. Unfortunately, it seemed as though the cooks/management were done refilling food. Some items were cold from sitting or just empty. There was a lady standing by the food warmers talking to coworkers more then stirring food or tried to make things look more appetizing. This aside, (little amounts of food, cold, food not stirred/attended to), what we did have was good. We would try it again, but only at an earlier time...like noon. The pancakes, French toast, eggs Benedict (5 left&never refilled), ham, risotto were good...potatoes/risotto would've been better...warm.Special Features:
- BrunchSoSODined on 4/20/2014The Easter brunch was good but there were some flaws. My family and I arrived a little before 3 pm and the brunch still had another hour to go, yet some of the main dishes were not fresh nor replenished during our meal. Specifically the carving station had been abandoned and the remnants that remained left much to be desired. Better meat should have been available and some of the items that should have been hot were not, nor appeared fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchmhd123Dined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter Brunch here because we couldn't get reservations anywhere else and thought it looked nice. It was great, the food was good and the atmosphere was really nice on a Sunday afternoon. They even had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We have always enjoyed our dinners at Mia Bella in Sugar Land and this was the first time we did Sunday Brunch there on Easter. We were very disappointed. I don't know if this was their first time to do a brunch, but it was very chaotic. The food was not hot. They kept running out of everything. They seemed to be understaffed. Our waitress worked very hard but it seemed to be more than she could handle. There was not a flow to the whole experience. Our party of 5 would not do a brunch there again - that was a group opinion.
- Easter BrunchsugarlanddinerDined on 4/20/2014I've eaten here several times and expected the brunch would be the same quality as their menu items. It was the worst buffet I've ever had. The restaurant is not setup for a buffet and the entrees ended up in the window seal of the patio where the wind dried everything out and the birds had to be shooed away. To freshen up the pasta they just kept pouring marina sauce on top. The best part was the bite sized dessert tray which obviously came frozen and were just laid on a tray. We did enjoy the patio.Special Features:
- EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014LOVED THE BRUNCH; GOOD CHOICE OF FOODS. COMFORTABLE SEATING. REASONABLE PRICING; STAFF VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining with great ambiance!hfynDined on 4/20/2014We often dine here. The food is delicious, location is nice and service is good! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Everything was perfect. The staff makes us feel as if we are their only customer. Attention to details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent Sunday brunch!preacherDined on 4/13/2014Consistently pleasant and always priced right. The servers are always well trained and anxious to please without being over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014First time here and my Mia Bella experience was wonderful. I met friends there and we had our 2 kids at the table also both 7 years old. Everyone ordered just the entree but I ordered an appetizer Crab Cake and a small Caesar salad. Both were tasty, and the Caesar was authentic- complete with a fresh sardine on top. My son ordered the kid's cheese pizza which was bigger than the plate and he ate the whole thing. I had their version of Chicken Parmagiana, best I think I have ever had--linguine on bottom then sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese, then the crispy chicken filet on top with a little more sauce centered in the middle of the plate. It was really, really yummy! My friends all enjoyed their various meals-nothing left to take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Girls Night Out SpotAJMACKDined on 3/19/2014My sister and I had a nice, relaxing dinner. The atmosphere was fabulous and our server was excellent! This has become one of our favorite spots to catch up, relax and enjoy a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014I was great scene for date night .. Was not impressed with mixed drink and house wine we ordered. And appetizer was umm ok.. Main dish was good but over priced.. And desert was again good but over priced for small amount.Special Features:
- Valentines DinnerMichelleDined on 2/14/2014We had a very nice experience at Mia Bella for Valentine's Day! Our waitress was new, but took care of us like a loyal veteran. We had a wobbly table, which they immediately tried to fix. When that didn't work, they moved us to a table that was stable. My husband, who is not a big fan of mushrooms (he's still learning to like them), LOVED the mushroom struedel appetizer. Also, neither one of us who like chicken w/red sauce, split the deconstructed chicken parmesan. It was fabulous! Mia Bella passed all of our tests with flying colors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingAdrianDined on 2/14/2014It was our fisrt time there and it was amazing the food and service was great. This will be a place my girlfriend and I will come back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service not par to foodMisscty1Dined on 2/14/2014Crammed space for diners with noise level way beyond "energetic". The server was spread too thin which resulted in poor management of food service and drinks. Cafeteria style would best describe this experience.Special Features:
- Nice quiet table for a greatlook4uniqueDined on 2/14/2014Nice quiet table for a great night with my wife, but the food was not that good. Great presentation, but not to my taste.
- happy hrpassionpastaDined on 2/14/2014i was a little upset that happy hour wasnt honored from 3-7 just because it was Valentines DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine dinnerPatriziannaDined on 2/12/2014Mia Bella fulfilled our every expectation. I asked for a quiet table & our table was a lovely special booth, off to the side with a nice view of the room. The interiors are lovely & interesting. Our salmon dish was perfectly prepared with a pretty presentation. The service did not rush us & the chocolate desserts decadent. The wine we chose complimented every part of the meal. Thank you Mia Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restuarant for value,skerchDined on 2/1/2014excellent restuarant for value, quality and overall enjoyment; highly recoommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014Dinner with friends was pretty darned good. The pork chop was wonderfully tender and tasteful, the Filet was cooked to perfection and the Ossobucco was outstanding. Surprisingly, the Shrimp Linguini was only so so. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTommDined on 1/25/2014I was very disappointed. Had a first time server there with zero experience and while she tried to do her best she wasnt supported very well by the rest of the staff or management. The food was mediocre at best. Not at all like I remembered from my last visit to the downtown location.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014My wife and I have been to two different locations and loved it both timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant has potentialDonnaWDined on 1/18/2014Hopefully this restaurant will be able to fix some of it's shortcomings noted on other reviews, because it is a great location, with a notable menu. There are just some things that prevent it from being a top notch restaurant that you want to visit over and over. Our service was just okay on our last visit; after a bottle of Chardonnay was opened it was just placed on our table, we had to ask for a wine bucket to keep it chilled. We also had to ask twice for more bread. When our food arrived, it had a good flavor, but was lukewarm at best. Upside.. the waitress did sense that we wanted to take our time at dinner and "left us alone" for the most part. We did tip well for tying up her table the entire night. Also the desserts were excellent.
- will give them another try but...cjihintxDined on 1/18/2014Waiter seemed scattered/nonchalant about waiting on us. Had large party next to us but still…Would start talking to me about wines, then walk away while I was in mid-sentence, w/out excusing himself. Both appetizer and entrees took long time to arrive. Atmosphere just ok. Food good but if you expect an Italian classic like Veal Parmesan or Picatta, I don't think it's on the menu. They have an Eggplant Parm, tho, which sounded good from the menu description. My veal was good but I wouldn't get it again. Calimari appetizer great. They were out of the first two wines I chose. :( Hope they get it together and stick around. Would like to go again, although I doubt the husband will. He was less pleased than I. Mia Bella, try harder! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth goingRabbitDined on 1/18/2014We went there in 2 consecutive weeks because we like the place and food, price was moderate too.Special Features:
- Ambiance and good Italian foodWestSideFoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014I enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant and the taste of the food was very good. The wine list was good and had a few unexpected choices. Our waitress was attentive without being overly so. I liked most everything about this restaurant with the exception of the food temperature. My order came out still slightly chilled. The sauce over the lasagna and the lasagna itself had an excellent taste but it was overshadowed by the temperature of the food.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experiencelaura10Dined on 1/3/2014The food here is amazing. I don't usually rave about Italian food because it's not my favorite and seems to always leave me unsatisfied but this place exceeded all of my expectations. The food was great and we had a wonderful time. Service was amazing even on a very busy evening. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We have dined at Mia Bella both early and late and the food is always excellent. It has become our favorite restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- new yearsboootsDined on 12/31/2013Had trouble getting the correct information about the set menu this night. Our waiter even had to ask and bring over a manager. He still seemed to have problems through the night. Ended up being more than what was stated. Food was good but the 4th course lacked as was dessert and neither choice was very good.. I like the restaurant but thought it was pricey for what was offered on this night.Special Features:
- We knew we were in troubleBear85Dined on 12/30/2013We knew we were in trouble when we saw only 2 waiters covering the whole restaurant. Service was poor due to poor planning on management.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushrooms!!!downpatDined on 12/26/2013The chef over uses mushrooms in the dishes. There is hardly a choice of a dish without them.
- Excellent service -- veryFergDined on 12/24/2013Excellent service -- very attentive and friendly. The food was delicious, especially for the price and had a beautiful presentation. Nice special time for our Christmas Eve dinner. This was our first time and we will most assuredly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightVDKrantzDined on 12/17/2013Food was great as usual. The service was exceptional as I was waited on by a former student. Everyone from the hostess to the manager made sure that our anniversary night was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Holiday DinnerKingsarmsDined on 12/14/2013We had relatives in from out-of-town and decided to take them to Mia Bella for dinner. Food and service were excellent. The adults in our party had the chicken parmesan, the sea bass, the tilapia, and a chef's salad with grilled chicken. Our teens had the pasta alfredo. All were great. There wasn't a single morsel left over. The adults enjoyed a very nice bottle of chianti recommended by the waiter. The only downside to the restaurant is that there is a long and rather narrow aisle that runs crosswise across the length of the dining room. Many tables border on this aisle and anyone who occupies a seat backing to the aisle will be bumped repeatedly by other patrons and, occasionally, by the wait staff. It does get annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SurpriseSandyDined on 12/9/2013I have lived in Sugar Land for 22 years. I know Mia Bella has been in our neighborhood for awhile, but I had never tried it. Monday night I took my good friend out for her birthday. Wow!! What a surprise. The food was remarkable, the service perfect, and the ambiance just wonderful. I went straight home to tell my (Italian) husband about it and can't wait for us to go again!! Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a first date here. IHovaDined on 12/7/2013Took a first date here. I was thoroughly impressed. I will be back for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.