Mia Bella Trattoria - Pavilions Downtown
1201 San Jacinto St
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Bella Trattoria - Pavilions Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.miabellarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8323196675x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are perfect for having catering delivered to any downtown office building, we are also able to host wedding receptions, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, baby showers, or just a night our on the town. If you can dream it, we can cater it!
A word from Mia Bella Trattoria - Pavilions Downtown
Mia Bella Trattoria - which translates as "My Beautiful" Trattoria - is a delightful combination of Italian tradition and regional American twists. With multiple locations, the dining destinations are fun, intimate and moderately priced just like the traditional Trattorias where Italian families gathered for wine and delicious food. In a tradition of his own making, Owner/Chef Youssef Nafaa has created an exciting menu of familiar foods pushed to a new level with daring preparations and imaginative ingredients. Wine lovers will find a pleasingly extensive list of evenly priced wines while those seeking cocktails will find the same combination of classic recipes and creative mixings which set our menus apart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mia Bella Trattoria - Pavilions Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Mia Bella Trattoria - Pavilions Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)good for groups (7)notable wine list (4)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food..slow waitstaffmsdinerDined on 9/3/2014The food is always good at Mia Bella downtown, but some of the waitstaff are extremely slow. When co-workers meet for lunch they usually only have an hour and waitstaff know this. I have consistently gotten a couple of waitresses, who although are both friendly enough, don't bring the check until we ask for it! And we always have to get their attention in order to obtain. Otherwise great place to eat. Just plan on 1.5 hrs for lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and service but hotAJTBAMVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food and service are good, but the a/c is insufficient - this has been a problem I've noticed for years. It's so hot, it's hard to enjoy soup and hot pastas.
- Same as usualTuckerDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I love coming here for our date day. We love the staff, the food is always great.Special Features:
- Same as usual - Great place to go!!TuckerDined on 8/7/2014Great food, great service. Nice to have a lunch with my husband.Special Features:
- Same as usual - Great place to go!!TuckerDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I go here a lot for our lunch dates. The staff is very accommodating, and great food.Special Features:
- Nice findHouseofBluesDined on 7/19/2014We ate here before a concert at House of Blues since it is right next door. The food was very good, bread was delicious and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before concert dinnerash923Dined on 7/19/2014We were seated promptly and welcomed. Good wine and the food was delicious. Plenty time to eat and relax before concert at House of BluesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapacanesDined on 7/19/2014Good table service but adequate food not worthy of prices charged Reception service condeending and rude
- Excellent lunchEntertainingFamilyDined on 7/18/2014Hosted a small recruiting business lunch; service was good and we all thought that the food was excellent and a very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something new; didn't like itFoodLoverDined on 7/4/2014My bread came with a strand of hair. I'm not one to make a fuss, so I sent it away and asked for new tableware. My entrée came with vegetables and pasta. I started with the vegetables which were cooked to perfection. I thought the rest would be as tasty. Not so. The is was the most bland pasta I think I've ever had. The boxed packages you can buy at the grocery store taste better. My entrée was ok. Not gross..but nothing praise worthy either. The longer I was there, the less attentive the waiter was. The place wasn't even busy. Don't assume your customers are full if they don't eat all their food....mat be they were saving room for dessert..which you didn't offer.
- Love Mia'sTuckerDined on 6/26/2014Great food, good service. Great location, nice wine list.Special Features:
- Mia Bella TratoriaFrequentDiner59Dined on 6/24/2014I work downtown Houston and visited on a Tuesday night and maybe the restaurant was 20% full. The service was slow and the attentiveness of our waitress was very poor. The bread served before the meal had the consistency of Wonderbread. I orderded Pollo en paella and the food quality was decent. My children asked for Key Lime pie which was a cheese cake version. Houston has excellent Italian restaurants such as Carabbas on Kirby or Prego's or D'Amico's in Rice Village. I suspect Mia Bella survives on the tourist/convention trade or on folks needing dinner before heading to the House of Blues next door. I will not return and next time, I'll get in my car and drive a bit to get a decent Italian meal.
- Positive ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Service was very attentive and my meal was excellent. I had a crepe with chicken, spinach, and peppers that was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedgirlabouttownDined on 6/15/2014I am always pleased whenever I eat at Mia Bella! The food is always consistently excellent and equally as important the staff is always warm and welcoming. I think they have the best caesar salad in town! I especially like to take my parents out to eat there because the staff is always patient and accommodating. The location on Main St is more high energy and the Caroline location is more laid back.Special Features:
- Good LunchBeckyEatsVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had a group of 5. Some of us had the executive lunch. It's a great deal. $16.95 for an app, entree, and dessert. The food was good and they were patient about us ordering in pieces since 1 of us had trouble making up her mind.Special Features:
- Awful....GrandmaVIPDined on 5/30/2014Friday night, 6 ladies celebrating birthday and going to HOB concert.. AC WAS NOT WORKING.. We sweat to death. Did not have our bottle of wine which was on menu.. Took 30 min to figure that out. Food was ok, but i was all dressed up for concert and left there looking like i had bathed..wet from sweat . Finally, waiters did not know what was going on. AWFUL .Special Features:
- Mia Bella'sTuckerDined on 5/29/2014Love this place. My husband and I tend to go here for our lunch datesSpecial Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Mia Bella Trattoria - Pavilions Downtown reviews archive.
- Mia Bella'sTuckerDined on 5/15/2014Great food, prices are reasonable. My husband and I go there on date days.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 5/8/2014We have dined at the previous location on Main many times as well as the location at Vintage Park. We were happy to have valet parking as another reviewer was annoyed there was none at one time. Our food was great as always but our server could have been more friendly and attentive. It took a long time for him to tell us the first bottle of wine we chose was not in stock. The hostess initially seated the four of us in a smaller room with just a few tables even though the restaurant was not crowded. We asked to be moved to the main restaurant. All said, we will return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Italian in a great locationsjbrady7Dined on 5/3/2014Mia Bella's Trattoria in the Pavilions Downtown was a recommendation by a friend who had been to their other loctions. This one was a fantistic spot if heading to the House of Blues for a Concert. Park once & you can get to your dinner & concert (that is if you were looking to eat somewhere other than the HOB). The food was good, and maybe I would have rated it better, but our server was appalling. We dubbed him "the walking zombie" He messed-up no less than 8 things during our dinner & that is without really counting. And these were easy things, we were not really a demanding table - as we were just 2 couples out for a bite before a concert.
- Great food2wineVIPDined on 4/23/2014Although the restaurant was packed and they were short handed. Our food was hot and delicious.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014I was put off by the service. Our group had a reservation for noon and after we were shown to our table, we had to wait awhile to get service. Apparently, we had to wait for our waiter from the next door since Mia Bella and Andulcia was sharing space. The manager must have seen the annoyed look on my face or the fact that I kept looking around for our waiter so he came over to explain that both restaurants were sharing same kitchen and space. Still, that was not our problem I thought since we were on our lunch hour--luckily for me, I was with my boss! Then of course, we had to wait for our food as the waiter was on the other side! I did feel bad for the waiter for having to run back and forth like that.
- Very Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2014We arrive before the folks next to us. They had their lunch a lot earlier than we did.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014I love the food at Mia Bella. I have been three times and each time had something I would equally say is my new favorite. Very flavorful, presented well and well priced. This will keep me going back all the time. Very, Very, Very Good!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious and memorablecrittybopDined on 4/12/2014I brought my boyfriend, who is somewhat new to Texas, to Mia Bella for his birthday, and he absolutely loved it. Our reservations were for six-thirty, and we were seated promptly. The food was delicious, and our server was friendly and definitely aimed to please. The Gnocchi was amazing as was the tiramisu. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchsundaybruncherDined on 4/6/2014We went for sunday brunch. I had on cute shoes and it was raining, so i was looking forward to valet parking. No valet parking. what the what? Instead I had to parallel park down the street, walk in the rain, and through construction mud to get inside. Not a good start. But, once inside, the ambiance was very nice. Servers were attentive. We had two or three ppl attending our table. Our drinks were never empty. There were three other large groups of ppl but spaced out through the restaurant. Not crowded. The food could've been better. Clearly Sunday morning food was from Saturday night. I ordered the Pasta di Mar which included shrimp, clams, and mussels. However, they were all chewy (from the microwave reheat I'm assuming).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014We had an early dinner before a show at House of Blues. I hadn't been in a while because I have started eating a Paleo diet. I had no problem finding something on the menu because there were several options. My husband ordered the lamb and really enjoyed it. I had the grilled rainbow trout with a jalapeno pesto sauce. It had a little to much char but it was fine after I took the skin off. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good food, bad drinksChristyDined on 4/4/2014Overall, the food and service were great. It wasn't until we got our ticket and we realized our not so good martinits was $16 bucks a piece... nothing special either on the martinis! Those were the most expensive and least deserving martinis!Special Features:
- Beginning of a great nightMommyLisaDined on 3/22/2014Ate here with group of friends before a concert at the house of blues. Wonderful calamari and great bread with dipping sauce! The chicken Parmesan was outstanding, tender and very flavorful. Will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/20/2014I love Mia Bella usually and so made this visit particularly disappointing. I went for lunch during the week so there is a time pressure to get back to work. The service was almost nonexistent. We saw the waiter twice. The pasta in my dish was stuck together so almost in edible. The sauce and toppings were delicious. Just an overall disappointing experience.
- Special Snapper Fish EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2014We had the Snapper Special and it was wonderful ....the salad with goat cheese was also mouth watering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the parpadelle andDianneDined on 3/7/2014I ordered the parpadelle and it came out a sticky mess. It was as if the sauce was just poured over the cool pasta instead of being tossed with the pasta to warm through. The service was decent. I was disappointed since I expected more due to the high ratings.
- Not a good choice for ItalianTravelerVIPDined on 3/5/2014Not a good choice for Italian food, in our opinion. The salad dressing was extremely sweet so we had to send it back to the kitchen. The bread was greasy and pasta overcooked with a greasy, ill-flavored tomato sauce. On the plus side the staff was nice but it did not make up for the food.
- DisappointingTasterfulSLPDined on 2/28/2014Having dined at the theater district location, I was expecting a much better experience. Service was incredibly slow and food mediocre at best. Tomato-basil soup was stringy with cheese- dining companion ended up spreading it on bread. Jalapeno-cilantro pesto we'd enjoyed at the other location was soupy- no body. The open grill concept would usually add to the atmosphere, but there was so much smoke billowing into the dining area that our eyes were burning half way through our meal. To top it off, we spotted a roach crawling on the pillar just behind one of our party just after our food was served.
- DisappointingLoulouDined on 2/21/2014In the restaurant's defense, it was a busy pre concert evening. They were, however, unprepared to handle the large number of diners. The service was poor and the food was disappointing.
- Good food for a reasonableBkbkVIPDined on 2/21/2014Good food for a reasonable price in a DT location convenient to the Toyota Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - Great/Service - Not So MuchLGonWSDined on 2/21/2014We went to Mia Bella on a Friday evening before an event at the Toyota Center. I'm so glad we had reservations because when we arrived, the restaurant was packed. Our experience was enjoyable, despite our waiter. We knew he was busy and we were understanding of that. However, we was flippant, anxious and seemed to not handle the busy atmosphere well at all.Special Features:
- Great place bad service!!!Admoore76Dined on 2/14/2014The food and ambience was great. Our server was horrible to us!!! We say him when he took our order and he never came back after that. He catered to one table, he was having shots and drinking wine with this table while we were waiting to be asked about desert. We decided against desert since we sat there for almost 15 minutes waiting. We spoke with the manager and nothing was done. We probably won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, not just the kitchen,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Loud, not just the kitchen, you could hear everyone's conversation around you.Special Features:
- great diningBCrowdDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited this restaurant for Valentine's Day and was very impressed. The food was excellent and the ambiance very romantic. Beautiful jazz sounds filled the air to make it a romantic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.