Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street
320 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.miabellarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7132370505x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Estevan Selgado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have the abilities to work with pre-set menus, buffets, etc. Please call for further details to help meet your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Schedule your next office meeting, Company happy Hour or family event, we will create a menu that fits your needs and budget, and if given enough notice we will work with wine brokers to get the best deals in wine for your event.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment, but we do offer soothing background music
- Special Events: Perfect for wedding receptions, birthdays, anniversaries, graduation parties, etc. Please call for further details.
- Cross Street: Preston and Main St.
- Public Transit: Located across the street from the light rail.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of Downtown Houston, there is paid street parking Monday-Friday from 9AM-6PM. Anytime before these times and on the weekends, street parking is free.
A word from Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street
Mia Bella Trattoria - which translates as "My Beautiful" Trattoria - is a delightful combination of Italian tradition and regional American twists. With multiple locations, the dining destinations are fun, intimate and moderately priced just like the traditional Trattorias where Italian families gathered for wine and delicious food. In a tradition of his own making, Owner/Chef Youssef Nafaa has created an exciting menu of familiar foods pushed to a new level with daring preparations and imaginative ingredients. Wine lovers will find a pleasingly extensive list of evenly priced wines while those seeking cocktails will find the same combination of classic recipes and creative mixings which set our menus apart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Service with a SmileDeenieDined on 8/16/2014We were very impressed with our server Jose. In addition to our table, he was also tending to a group of 10 right next to ours. After taking our order, Jose made a point to keep us posted regarding the meal preparation timing. He also stopped by our table periodically to see if we needed anything else. Although Jose was busy, he never seemed rushed when he stopped by to visit with us. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Happy HoursestalkDined on 8/11/2014We had an absolutely wonderful experience. Couldn't have had better service. Happy Hour had great deals on apps and drinks. Dinner was delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrations!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Celebrated my 50th birthday here....Service was amazing! Staff very accommodating! Food is top notch! and the birthday surprise they added was the icing on the cake :-) Don't miss out on this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!aggie97Dined on 7/19/2014We searched using Trip Advisor and found this gem! The pizza was delicious!!!! We all had a different one, and loved them. The Service was great as well. It was not loud at all...we were able to have easy conversation. Will be back if I'm in that area again.Special Features:
- service slowhoustonBDDined on 7/16/2014Took 2 hrs for a dinner. Wait time for food bad and cood was cold.
- great original recipesValerioDined on 7/7/2014Who would have thought of putting together a mushroom cap, port wine, and polenta? This is one of the originally exciting recipes I tried last night. I also loved the atmosphere, cozy, sophisticated, simple... It reminded me of typical Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Happy HourJSGxDined on 6/27/2014Great way to try the appetizers. Always have a good dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our pre theatre go toCsfhDined on 6/22/2014Always excellent, pleases the vegetarians and carnivores alike, quiet enough that you can visit with your whole table, but not so quiet that you mind doing so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before a showBroadwayDinerDined on 6/22/2014I ate here prior to seeing a show at TUTS and it definitely helped me get into the high class mood.Special Features:
- Great FoodmsantoneDined on 6/14/2014Small cramped restaurant. Our waiter was nice, but not very attentive. We were seated near the kitchen/serving area which was rather unpleasant. I was very pleased with my meal, but the environment and service were not good enough that I would recommend this restaurant to a friend.
- I would recommend this to anyoneLike2eatDined on 6/7/2014The service was excellent and food quality commendable. The manager simply superb. My group of 16 had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014After reading the reviews and reserving a table for a group meal, we were all disappointed with the service, quality and overall experience. The seating was cramped and seemed cheap. We waited for our appetizers for over 1 hour, our entre's for 2 hours and our dessert for another 45 minutes. They forgot one of the desserts and got our orders wrong for 4 of the 8 guests. The food was moderate. Three people enjoyed the meal, the rest were very very disappointed with the quality. The chicken was very dry, the Chilean sea bass had gone bad and the pizza was average, at best. Our server was not at all courteous and didn't well communicate the meaning for such slow service. The manager did offer a gift card. That's if we go back.
- Fab BrunchSocialButterflyDined on 5/24/2014With perfect weather, you can never go wrong with a brunch date at Mia Bella's....they have the BEST brunch in town hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotPickyVegetarianDined on 5/18/2014The brunch menu is fabulous with several options. They served me the best french toast I've ever had in my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time to dine heretalkaboutgoodDined on 5/13/2014The service was great the waitress remembered us from our first visit that was a few months ago. The food was amazing everything we tried tasted great and so fresh. The waitress was very attentive to our needs .Special Features:
- My favorite downtown restaurantsDtownHtownRockerDined on 5/11/2014I frequent Mia Bella downtain at Main often. The food is always consistenly great and the service just can't be beat. The menu is very diverse and can easily appeal to many pallets. My guests and i have had several different items, all of which were excellent. This original downtown location has it's on unique ambience and character of the old downtown vibe and greatly adds to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinExp53Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother and family for their Mother's Day Brunch and was very disappointed in the experience. They were playing Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits over the sound system and had the volume way too loud. I felt like I was at a club type bar, not a Mother's Day Brunch. It was a stupid atmosphere. They restricted their menu to a smaller offering to push their 4 course meal, which would be fine if you weren't allergic to sea food or wanted ravioli... but we didn't. The cooks refused to prepare anything from their normal menu... Understandable, but whoever chose what was going to be on the limited menu sucked. The experience was enough to make me never return.
- Fluke or??OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The Scenario: 6:00 reservation; wait for wait person to take drink order; wait for drinks; wait for wait person to take food order. ONE HOUR later (7:00) food had not arrived and then the kitchen was notified. Not the normal experience at Mia Bella for us, but nevertheless, a very disappointing evening. There were several large groups, yet the kitchen inexplicably appeared to be understaffed. Why wasn't there adequate staff when the reservation list indicated a full house? Inexcusable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown DinningloveporkDined on 5/10/2014First let me say I made the reservation at the wrong location. The general manager greet us as we walked in and had no problem locating our reservation. We were immediately seated and served water and bread. We did not order an appetizer. The wine selection was great. I had the Maple Glazed Pork Chop which was delicious. My friend had the Salmone Pompelmo which she stated was great. Yes, I will dine here again when in downtown Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctlubbockVIPDined on 5/9/2014The atmosphere could be great-but it isn't. The food was sysco-grade heat and serve fare that was truly in need of serious work.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street reviews archive.
- Sunday Afternoon DinnerAfterOperaDined on 4/27/2014We stopped by after the Sunday matinee. Food was delicious. Wait staff was very accommodating. Ambience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeTaterDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I eat dinner here for our anniversary almost every year. In the past the food has been excellent. We ordered the seafood spaghettii and did not think it was great. Maybe it was a fluke. We will be coming back however!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican SpaghettiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We have ordered Spaghetti and Penne Pomodoro but it came mexican style. That should never happen in an Italian restaurant.
- Never coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014In the past I've had to pay extra for refills of lemonade, bit I've still come back. This Easter Sunday was the last time I will go to this restaurant. My party of 5 drove in from Pearland for a noon reservation. When I was greeted the server told me he couldn't find the reservation. After showing him the email confirmation he then lectures me that I should have called to confirm. He then continues to argue and becomes insulting. There were actually empty tables that he could of sat my party. Needless to say on Easter morning we left the place and I'm never coming back.
- Good food spoiled by poor servicebuddyDined on 4/5/2014The food was pretty good but the service was terrible which was strange because the restaurant was less than half full on a saturday evening. To top it off, the drinks were hideously expensive. Wont be going back.
- dee-li-cious lunch!foodyliciousDined on 4/1/2014a small group of us went for an early 11:30 am lunch -- it was quiet, pleasant & relaxing. it wasn't crowded and that allowed waitstaff to be extra attentive. we all enjoyed the executive lunch that was a great deal for a complete lunch meal with soup/salad, entree & dessert. the house salad was delicious and each of us loved our entrees: seafood lasagna, eggplant parmesan (extra-outstanding) and salmon with pasta. the portions were very generous -- had leftovers for snacking later. the italian cream cake, tiramisu and chocolate mousse cheesecake were all fresh with tasty coffee. we will definitely be going back every chance we can. its one of my newest favorite lunch spots! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2014We have enjoyed everything we have ever ordered. The osso bucco is delicious, although be aware it is lamb, not veal. The puttanesca appetizer is so yummy. Really, everything is great. And the staff is so friendly and helpful. We have a hard time eating anywhere else when we are downtown.Special Features:
- Nice local spot for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014A romantic evening for two...the noise level tends to impede. But as a group function...the food and service are quite good for the price. I've been several times and always forget the noise level...but keep coming back for the other benefits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would really like to see aMAG2222Dined on 3/19/2014Would really like to see a traditional lasagna on the menu. It's an Italian restaurant, after all ! Seafood lasagna isn't very appealing to me.Special Features:
- Mom's Birthday Dinner Success!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014My Mom's 73rd birthday dinner celebration was a success! I asked friends for dining recommendations in downtown Houston. (We were surprising Mom with theater tickets.) Mia Bella's was one of the suggestions and, since my mom LOVES Italian food, I selected Mia Bella's. I'm so glad I did. Our waiter was amazing and the food was stupendous! My husband said we would be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our evening atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2014We enjoyed our evening at Mia Bella Trattoria. The food was good, the noise level was sufficiently subdued where we could have conversation without trying to talk over others. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening to dine and reconnectAlHHoustonDined on 3/7/2014We selected Mia Bella downtown as a good location to meet another couple who we hadn't seen for over five years. My wife and I live in near town and our friends who are from the suburbs were in town for a late start (830) Rockets game, We selected Mia Bella as our dinner spot because we could spend a leisurely time ahead of the game, and for us access via Metrorail is easy, having been to Mia Bella many times before, we knew that the menu, wine options and ambience would be perfect to allow us a two -hour catch up session, and we were pleased with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before theatherOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/7/2014Never disappoints. Great food, good wine at reasonable prices, and always good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers loved it!RookiesDined on 2/22/2014We haven't lived in Houston that long, so when had friends coming in from out of town,we asked friends for a restaurant recommendation. Mia Bella came up 3 times, so we decided to give it a try. All 4 of us ordered something different, and all were delicious! We can't wait to go back and try more! BTW...the salmon penne was the best I've ever had. Next time, I may have to skip the appetizers to make room for dessert. HUGE portions!!!!Special Features:
- Great place to done!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Food was delicious! The combination of flavors was perfect! My husband and I enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Mia Bella'stalkaboutgoodDined on 2/18/2014Nice location on Main Street easy to find. The food was great and did not have to wait long at all for our meals. Enjoyed the appetizers Scampi al Pomodoro & Bruschetta alla Romana you need to try these items. Good atmosphere first time to eat at Mia Bella’s will definitely be going back. Wait staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Toni91Dined on 2/16/2014I have been to Mia Bella for brunch several times and every time has been wonderful. The food is delicious and moderately priced. And the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good night and mandatory tip?ThomasDined on 2/15/2014Wife had the "Pollo alla Mia Bella". Chicken was good. It is supposed to be "layered with a medley of sautéed vegetables". Some were cooked to the consistency of straw, all dried out. I had the "Tonno con Risotto" (pan seared ahi tuna). The first bites were really good but subsequent bites were fishey. I had ordered the tuna medium rare. The last piece was cooked solid although the other bites were cooked perfect. The website advises "18% gratuity added to parties of 6 or more". We were a table of 2 (two) and they added the 18% to the tab, not as a suggestion, but on the printed credit card receipt for signature. I paid it without comment. I have eaten there many times and this was my first bad experience. Disappointing. Thomas
- romancepeanutDined on 2/14/2014Really liked the feel of the restaurant. Enjoyed the service and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice date nightNana7Dined on 2/13/2014We were in Houston on business and decided to do Valentines night the 13th. We had never eaten here before and had wanted to give it a try. Loved the building. Small quaint and romantic. Husband had the auhi tuna by waitress recommendation. I had a pasta dish. Both were very good. Wine list was extensive and moderately priced. We will go back for another meal next time we are in Houston. BTW there are two locations and this was the one on Main at Pearce.I would recommend this to a friend.