Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street
320 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.miabellarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7132370505x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Estevan Selgado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have the abilities to work with pre-set menus, buffets, etc. Please call for further details to help meet your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Schedule your next office meeting, Company happy Hour or family event, we will create a menu that fits your needs and budget, and if given enough notice we will work with wine brokers to get the best deals in wine for your event.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment, but we do offer soothing background music
- Special Events: Perfect for wedding receptions, birthdays, anniversaries, graduation parties, etc. Please call for further details.
- Cross Street: Preston and Main St.
- Public Transit: Located across the street from the light rail.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of Downtown Houston, there is paid street parking Monday-Friday from 9AM-6PM. Anytime before these times and on the weekends, street parking is free.
A word from Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street
Mia Bella Trattoria - which translates as "My Beautiful" Trattoria - is a delightful combination of Italian tradition and regional American twists. With multiple locations, the dining destinations are fun, intimate and moderately priced just like the traditional Trattorias where Italian families gathered for wine and delicious food. In a tradition of his own making, Owner/Chef Youssef Nafaa has created an exciting menu of familiar foods pushed to a new level with daring preparations and imaginative ingredients. Wine lovers will find a pleasingly extensive list of evenly priced wines while those seeking cocktails will find the same combination of classic recipes and creative mixings which set our menus apart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceDougDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I brought my parents who were visiting from out of town. We all loved the restaurant and food was very good. Will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding as Always!KimPDined on 10/22/2014MiaBella is one of my top picks to bring out of town guests, both work and friends/family. Food and service is always excellant and I receive all the kodos for picking such a faboulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Stopped in after a concert at Jones Hall and had a great meal. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Exceptionally Tasty PastaHighStandardsVIPDined on 10/13/2014I adore pasta, but rarely find many impressive dishes at restaurants lately. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Penne Al Salmone (with whole wheat pasta substituted for the penne). I wasn't even convinced I would like the tomato elements combined with salmon, but it was fantastic. The dish had tons of complementary flavors - with a touch of sophistication, but still well qualifying as comfort food...for those of us who consider a good pasta dish to be a comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!Luv2dineDined on 10/11/2014LOVE the food, service, and ambience! Waiter and manager were very attentive and fun.Special Features:
- Definitely a must!GreatSpotDined on 10/10/2014Mia Bella is great for lunch groups. Service was outstanding and the food arrived fairly quickly. They have an extensive wine list and a good choice of cocktails. Definitely a must!Special Features:
- OvechargedOverchargedDined on 9/28/2014I was charged for a lemonade drink when I ordered water and used my own lemonade Crystal light drink mix. I was overcharged. Don't trust your waitress and check your ticket before you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceL0veF00d211Dined on 9/20/2014Ate at the Main St. location for our anniversary; overall very good experience. The dining area is smaller than expected, but provided a more intimate atmosphere than some of the larger chain Italian restaurants in town. Definitely recommend making a reservation vs. walking in, though. Had we not reserved, we would've faced a 45 minute wait. The absolute best part of the experience was the food; superior quality and attention to detail. Wine selection is impressive, although a bit pricey. Service was the only non-perfect part of the night; server was polite and food arrived quickly but server spent too much time in the kitchen talking to the manager instead of checking on tables. Would definitely recommend for couples or small groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Angle hair pasta is not thick and heavy pasta. The bread was not ItalianSpecial Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/16/2014I have been to Mia Bella a few times before and always remember having a great experience with great food. Unfortunately this time was not the case. It has been a few years since I have been so I don't know if it was a fluke or the norm. When i first arrived had to wait to be greeted, once I was finally greeted I was seated, given a glass of water fairly promptly but not spoken to. It took a long time for the server to come and ask me for my drink order and when my friend joined me and it again took a long time for him to be greeted. Everything was just very slow. We were there for over an hour before our entrees were ready, unfortunately due to the slow service we weren't able to eat at the restaraunt and had to take our food to go.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Since we live downtown, we love the convenience of being able to walk to this longtime spot. And almost always the food is very good or better including this dinner where we had the risotto del giorno [lobster on this evening] and the build your own pizza [love the crust]. However, service can be very hit and miss and on this relatively empty evening, it was more miss than hit. One other thing we miss is that the wine list used to have a 10 bottle section of $25 wines--affordable if all you wanted was a casual evening meal with a casually priced bottle of wine.
- Service with a SmileDeenieDined on 8/16/2014We were very impressed with our server Jose. In addition to our table, he was also tending to a group of 10 right next to ours. After taking our order, Jose made a point to keep us posted regarding the meal preparation timing. He also stopped by our table periodically to see if we needed anything else. Although Jose was busy, he never seemed rushed when he stopped by to visit with us. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Happy HoursestalkDined on 8/11/2014We had an absolutely wonderful experience. Couldn't have had better service. Happy Hour had great deals on apps and drinks. Dinner was delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrations!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Celebrated my 50th birthday here....Service was amazing! Staff very accommodating! Food is top notch! and the birthday surprise they added was the icing on the cake :-) Don't miss out on this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!aggie97Dined on 7/19/2014We searched using Trip Advisor and found this gem! The pizza was delicious!!!! We all had a different one, and loved them. The Service was great as well. It was not loud at all...we were able to have easy conversation. Will be back if I'm in that area again.Special Features:
- service slowhoustonBDDined on 7/16/2014Took 2 hrs for a dinner. Wait time for food bad and cood was cold.
- great original recipesValerioDined on 7/7/2014Who would have thought of putting together a mushroom cap, port wine, and polenta? This is one of the originally exciting recipes I tried last night. I also loved the atmosphere, cozy, sophisticated, simple... It reminded me of typical Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- The following 160 reviews are from the Mia Bella Trattoria - Main Street reviews archive.
- Happy HourJSGxDined on 6/27/2014Great way to try the appetizers. Always have a good dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our pre theatre go toCsfhDined on 6/22/2014Always excellent, pleases the vegetarians and carnivores alike, quiet enough that you can visit with your whole table, but not so quiet that you mind doing so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before a showBroadwayDinerDined on 6/22/2014I ate here prior to seeing a show at TUTS and it definitely helped me get into the high class mood.Special Features:
- Great FoodmsantoneDined on 6/14/2014Small cramped restaurant. Our waiter was nice, but not very attentive. We were seated near the kitchen/serving area which was rather unpleasant. I was very pleased with my meal, but the environment and service were not good enough that I would recommend this restaurant to a friend.
- I would recommend this to anyoneLike2eatDined on 6/7/2014The service was excellent and food quality commendable. The manager simply superb. My group of 16 had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014After reading the reviews and reserving a table for a group meal, we were all disappointed with the service, quality and overall experience. The seating was cramped and seemed cheap. We waited for our appetizers for over 1 hour, our entre's for 2 hours and our dessert for another 45 minutes. They forgot one of the desserts and got our orders wrong for 4 of the 8 guests. The food was moderate. Three people enjoyed the meal, the rest were very very disappointed with the quality. The chicken was very dry, the Chilean sea bass had gone bad and the pizza was average, at best. Our server was not at all courteous and didn't well communicate the meaning for such slow service. The manager did offer a gift card. That's if we go back.
- Fab BrunchSocialButterflyDined on 5/24/2014With perfect weather, you can never go wrong with a brunch date at Mia Bella's....they have the BEST brunch in town hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotPickyVegetarianDined on 5/18/2014The brunch menu is fabulous with several options. They served me the best french toast I've ever had in my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time to dine heretalkaboutgoodDined on 5/13/2014The service was great the waitress remembered us from our first visit that was a few months ago. The food was amazing everything we tried tasted great and so fresh. The waitress was very attentive to our needs .Special Features:
- My favorite downtown restaurantsDtownHtownRockerDined on 5/11/2014I frequent Mia Bella downtain at Main often. The food is always consistenly great and the service just can't be beat. The menu is very diverse and can easily appeal to many pallets. My guests and i have had several different items, all of which were excellent. This original downtown location has it's on unique ambience and character of the old downtown vibe and greatly adds to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinExp53Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother and family for their Mother's Day Brunch and was very disappointed in the experience. They were playing Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits over the sound system and had the volume way too loud. I felt like I was at a club type bar, not a Mother's Day Brunch. It was a stupid atmosphere. They restricted their menu to a smaller offering to push their 4 course meal, which would be fine if you weren't allergic to sea food or wanted ravioli... but we didn't. The cooks refused to prepare anything from their normal menu... Understandable, but whoever chose what was going to be on the limited menu sucked. The experience was enough to make me never return.
- Fluke or??OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The Scenario: 6:00 reservation; wait for wait person to take drink order; wait for drinks; wait for wait person to take food order. ONE HOUR later (7:00) food had not arrived and then the kitchen was notified. Not the normal experience at Mia Bella for us, but nevertheless, a very disappointing evening. There were several large groups, yet the kitchen inexplicably appeared to be understaffed. Why wasn't there adequate staff when the reservation list indicated a full house? Inexcusable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown DinningloveporkDined on 5/10/2014First let me say I made the reservation at the wrong location. The general manager greet us as we walked in and had no problem locating our reservation. We were immediately seated and served water and bread. We did not order an appetizer. The wine selection was great. I had the Maple Glazed Pork Chop which was delicious. My friend had the Salmone Pompelmo which she stated was great. Yes, I will dine here again when in downtown Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctlubbockVIPDined on 5/9/2014The atmosphere could be great-but it isn't. The food was sysco-grade heat and serve fare that was truly in need of serious work.
- Sunday Afternoon DinnerAfterOperaDined on 4/27/2014We stopped by after the Sunday matinee. Food was delicious. Wait staff was very accommodating. Ambience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeTaterDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I eat dinner here for our anniversary almost every year. In the past the food has been excellent. We ordered the seafood spaghettii and did not think it was great. Maybe it was a fluke. We will be coming back however!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican SpaghettiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We have ordered Spaghetti and Penne Pomodoro but it came mexican style. That should never happen in an Italian restaurant.
- Never coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014In the past I've had to pay extra for refills of lemonade, bit I've still come back. This Easter Sunday was the last time I will go to this restaurant. My party of 5 drove in from Pearland for a noon reservation. When I was greeted the server told me he couldn't find the reservation. After showing him the email confirmation he then lectures me that I should have called to confirm. He then continues to argue and becomes insulting. There were actually empty tables that he could of sat my party. Needless to say on Easter morning we left the place and I'm never coming back.
- Good food spoiled by poor servicebuddyDined on 4/5/2014The food was pretty good but the service was terrible which was strange because the restaurant was less than half full on a saturday evening. To top it off, the drinks were hideously expensive. Wont be going back.
- dee-li-cious lunch!foodyliciousDined on 4/1/2014a small group of us went for an early 11:30 am lunch -- it was quiet, pleasant & relaxing. it wasn't crowded and that allowed waitstaff to be extra attentive. we all enjoyed the executive lunch that was a great deal for a complete lunch meal with soup/salad, entree & dessert. the house salad was delicious and each of us loved our entrees: seafood lasagna, eggplant parmesan (extra-outstanding) and salmon with pasta. the portions were very generous -- had leftovers for snacking later. the italian cream cake, tiramisu and chocolate mousse cheesecake were all fresh with tasty coffee. we will definitely be going back every chance we can. its one of my newest favorite lunch spots! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2014We have enjoyed everything we have ever ordered. The osso bucco is delicious, although be aware it is lamb, not veal. The puttanesca appetizer is so yummy. Really, everything is great. And the staff is so friendly and helpful. We have a hard time eating anywhere else when we are downtown.Special Features:
- Nice local spot for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014A romantic evening for two...the noise level tends to impede. But as a group function...the food and service are quite good for the price. I've been several times and always forget the noise level...but keep coming back for the other benefits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would really like to see aMAG2222Dined on 3/19/2014Would really like to see a traditional lasagna on the menu. It's an Italian restaurant, after all ! Seafood lasagna isn't very appealing to me.Special Features: