433 W. New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitomatina.com/
- Phone: 3219724881x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jose Baranenko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mi Tomatina's catering options range from a Back Yard Paella Party to a multi course Tapas Dinner. We can either deliver everything prepared or our chefs and servers can enhance your party at your location.
- Entertainment: $3.00 Cava (Spanish Champagne) every Thursday evening.
A word from mi Tomatina
Mi Tomatina provides an upscale approach to authentic Spanish cuisine. Extensive menu selections range from small tapas dishes to our signature paellas. Customers report: "All the food was amazingly delicious and the atmosphere is mysterious and compelling."Continued
"You will love the experience"
"You will love the experience"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
mi Tomatina - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
mi Tomatina reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (15)romantic (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- LuluLuluDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter, William was extremely knowledgable, enthusiastic and provided excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSporticusDined on 8/17/2014Restaurant was empty when we arrived , which we were concerned about. How wrong we were! The food was fantastic, and the service was wonderful. Our waiter was able to describe each dish so well and with such enthusiasm. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Sunday afternoon dining2puttDined on 8/16/2014We love the new additions to your menu and our server and the food was excellent. See you again soon, thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationPnv7304VIPDined on 8/2/2014Another great memory. In celebrating our son's graduation, we chose Mi Tomatina again to help commemorate this milestone. Once again, stellar service, wonderful food, awesome time. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceUflawyerDined on 7/26/2014Although the interior space for the restaurant is very small, the kitchen does a great job of presenting some interesting dishes. The menu was creative and fun. You have to be prepared for a long dinner as some dishes take a while to prepare. They do warn you. Our server was knowledgable and fun, but it looked like he had way too many tables to take care of.Special Features:
- Mi TomatinaDdubsflDined on 7/25/2014Have been here three times and each time gets a little better. Went on a busy Friday night and the waiter was very polite and helpful. Had the Ox Tail and it was our favorite out of everything we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceShelaghDined on 7/18/2014My 3rd time here and I was disappointed. Food was good but service awful. Obviously short staffed but no explanation or apology that our meal took 3 hours. Even had to bus our own table. We knew we were in trouble when the bottle of wine was gone before the appetizers came. I hope they get it worked out because I like this place. I'll give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service good!FoodieDined on 7/12/2014The service was good the food was not overly impressive.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencePnv7304VIPDined on 7/2/2014Another excellent meal with stellar service. Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential but it needs to improveLucianoDined on 6/29/2014I was disappointed, we chose Red Paella for two, unfortunately it was not cook right, too salty, rice was not tender rather hard, the sea food portion minuscule (just four shrimp) and few pieces of Spanish sausage. Too poor for a pricey meal. We order a large plate of Tapas, it was priced too high for what it was, it can hardly serve two people. We do not dine out based on price, but in quality and food flavor especially when we are familiar with Spanish and Latin cuisine. The staff was friendly but not trained sufficiently, they took too long or forget food or drink requests we made.
- Paella Pleases-Service DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I understand they do this all you can eat and drink on weekends so they should be especially prepared for a crowd (Father's Day?). Additional servings of Paella got colder and colder and smaller and smaller. If you do not wish to serve all you can eat, don't advertise it.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceDissapointedDined on 6/15/2014Being my second time on this restaurant, I felt I can bring a good friend for a special ocassion - father's day. Extremely dissapointed with servive and completely lack of organization. This place wasn't prepared for the ocassion and didn't have a host to welcome guestes. Even though I made reservation (on line) my table wasn't ready and had to wait around 15 minutes. Table wasn't completely clean, or ready with silverware, etc. Numerous times had to call my server, for things like more food, drinks, napkins, etc..My friend even spilled his 'mimosa' on the table and after waiting for the server to clean it, I had to stand up look for help and ended me cleaning the table. Good food will not be enough for me to come back again.Special Features:
- Great Place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2014I definitely will return to try more dishes - especially I want to give the Paella I try! The Service was overall well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlaceCathyVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had great time. Sat outside (in the alley). Nice breeze. Had lots of tapas (oxtail, octopus, seafood zarzuela) and the Valencia paella - all were excellent, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & differentHconne2Dined on 6/6/2014The menu is outstanding. There are so many options and different types of protein. I had oxtail, octopus, squid, and escargot all in one meal! It is difficult to find such a unique menu. The oxtail is one of the most amazing dishes I've ever had. I definitely recommend Mi Tomatina for its excellent food. Our server Paula was also wonderful.Special Features:
- Good but not great!WPdinerDined on 6/4/2014Good and flavorful food, as well as great atmosphere. The waitress was a little overwhelmed covering the hostess responsibilities and 2 other tables (the only ones that were filled in the whole restaurant) and forgot our espresso and coffee order with the dessert. She also never mentioned to us that Thursday nights they have a Sangria special. We found out after we had received our wine order - and were disappointed! However, the prices for all the tapas was very good and the location makes it a fun spot to come back to.Special Features:
- TomatinarandallDined on 5/24/2014Make sure you order paella in advance. Took more than an hour to get foodSpecial Features:
- Very authentic tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014This is a great restaurant. The tapas is very authentic and very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Paella a little offGrana2noDined on 5/11/2014Everything was excellent but the paella had something off in taste, this was unexpected but it didn't ruin the overall experience as long as you recognized that it was yet another rice and seafood dish. It was a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife for Mother's Day. Food was middle of da road for taste. For the price it wasn't enough(paella) in compare w/ other places I have been in Orlando. Waited too long for re-fills and setting pick up. My wife never got her Mother's Day champagne glass as told by the sitting host. The tapas came w/ the meal making our table too crowed. Was not offer a desert. Had to ask for it . Then the waitress waited for me to fill up da bill. I told her that I would fill it out later.Special Features:
- Love mi TomatinamlsorrelVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was our third time at the restaurant and it just keeps getting better. Great service and love the food.Special Features:
- Sorry to put them outMikeBDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation for 4 for mothers day brunch instead of 4 we had 5 which seemed to have made a problem for the restaurant. They said and we assumed it was because of all of the reservations, but very unprofessional of the wait staff to show their poor response. We were put at a table outside in the sun and we had to move an umbrella twice to get out of the sun with no help from the staff. I had wanted to just leave because of the poor attitude but I was convinced to stay. A lot of tables available all throughout our meal We had our brunch and left. Our waitress was ok but the hostess and the rest of the staff poor. I will not go back
- OutstandingPnv7304VIPDined on 5/10/2014Another memorable experience. Amazing food, excellent service, simply remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyLaresDined on 5/7/2014This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. The paella and tapas is delicious with flavor!! The service is great. The only improvement I would make is to the sangria. It needs more wine and fruits.Special Features:
- Good food, questionable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The tapas and paella were very good. I loved the traditional saffron flavoring. The service was mediocre. The server was attentive at first. Then we felt as if we were being rushed. By the end of the night, after the meal was served, we did a lot of waiting. There was difficulty with splitting the bill as well, so just ask for separate checks. If not, your bill will be done incorrectly and then it will take days to get fixed!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey TapasDRDJDined on 5/3/2014Food was very good, but pricey. $8.50 for 3 small to medium size meatballs; 8.50 for 2 very small slices of potato tortilla "pie" with chorizo. service was slow but we were there late afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the mi Tomatina reviews archive.
- Sunday Paella madnessJohisDined on 4/27/2014Food was great, Great ambience. Mimosas were ok. Paella was delicious (chicken and shrimp). We were a large group and we sat on the patio. We had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Very quaint and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I recently ate at Mi Tomatina with my wife and another couple, and we ate outside, which turned out to be very pleasant. Our server was attentive and vey helpful; the food was excellent. We tried a variety of tapas and each one was delicious.Special Features:
- no baked ham this Easter!ThymetvlDined on 4/20/2014We decided to try something different for Easter and we had a great time! Sangria is good, could've been a bit stronger..we had fun sharing all different types of tapas between the four of us! Wouldve loved to sit outside, but the folks across the street were pressure washing and that made it hard to hold a conversation. Will def sit outside next visit!Special Features:
- Would definitely come againMichelleCDined on 4/19/2014We went to mi Tomatina for our friend's birthday. No one in our group had ever been so we were really taking a leap of faith. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was incredible, the drinks unique and the service was exceptional. We will definitely return sometime soon. One thing to note... the restaurant inside is very small. I would recommend sitting outside if you can.Special Features:
- Simply awesome!Pnv7304VIPDined on 4/11/2014Once again we enjoyed wonderful food, stellar service and great live music. Simply awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still hungry!TerriBDined on 4/5/2014We love Spanish food and tapas, but in Spain, tapas (from what I understand) are meant to be a snack between meals. And they are just that - appetizers, but are priced rather high considering that if between two people you order 5 or so tapas at between $10-13 each, you've already spent about $50-60 on food, which in a regular restaurant would be two dinners. But with tapas, you are only getting very small portions (3 shrimp or 3 meatballs), which is not enough to fill your belly. Just keep that in mind if you go here. They do offer paella, but there are not many other menu options for a full meal. As for service, they were severely under-staffed and we were neglected.Special Features:
- Great food, ambience, andWaltDined on 4/5/2014Great food, ambience, and staff. Servers were friendly, attentive to detail, professional. Paella was the best I have had since I ate a great Paella in Mallorca. I would enthusiastically recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We are try to make a onlineGrisDined on 4/5/2014We are try to make a online reservation in really nice spot, with real Spanish food/tapas and a great Sangria .And found it!! Mi tomatina was this great place! The outdoor space is comfortable and romantic!!! Highly recommend and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good paellafoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2014We participated in the $13 all you can eat paella which is well worth it if you come hungry and have time to stick around for a relaxed meal. I love that area at Hannibal square; especially on weekends for lunch. The only bummer about this place is that the other paellas are crazy expensive ($45-54 each for 2-3 people; I just can't justify that for one dish even if shared but I'd really like to try their seafood paella). Okay service; had to ask for water to be refilled every single time. Great restaurant atmosphere and one of the only places with plenty of space on a saturday/sunday around park ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than extectedShrubbyVIPDined on 3/29/2014I read reviews of this place where they said service was bad but the food good. Gave it a shot after finding an open table spot and got in no problem. Saturday evening 630pm lots of open tables. When ordering we were warned of the 45 minute wait for Paella as it's made from scratch. Service was good as we had a nice waitress take care of us and was personable. From the previous review i found out many booked on Valentines and complained about service, well that valentines and everywhere is going to be packed so that's to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas in Winter ParkWaterManDined on 3/24/2014I love Tapas, and I got a double bonus when I looked on the OpenTable website and not only got a 1000 points for the reservation, we also had a fantastic meal. We ordered a lot of different things, the most memorable for me was the oxtail, recommended by the server, and it was fantastic. The prices were extremely reasonable, on street parking was available on a Monday night (and it was open). I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas RestaurantLeslieVIPDined on 3/22/2014We didn't know where to go for lunch when we decided to try mi Tomatina. We had eaten at other restaurants in the area but had never tried this one. mi Tomatina was better than our expectations! The service was outstanding and the tapas were amazing. We tried one of their salads and several of their regular main dish tapas and the food was excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant and will be back to try their unlimited paella lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Spanish food in OrlandoTerryDined on 3/7/2014Our party of 6 had a fabulous dinner at Mi Tomatina recently. We ordered two paella dishes, as well as two bottles of wonderful Spanish red wine -- as well as sangria (for the non-wine drinkers). The food was not only superb, but it quenched the appetites of six hungry men! Mi Tomatina has very reasonable prices, very pleasant ambience, excellent live music (on Fridays), and a nice wine list. I highly recommend this restaurant if you enjoy tasting food that is truly Spanish in flavor. Our server, Daniel, was also most accommodating (and he displayed a wonderful sense of humor).Special Features:
- Terrific Tapas and Superior ServiceAsilomar24Dined on 3/6/2014Mi Tomatina is one of our favorite restaurants. There are great tapas choices to share with friends and family. The meat balls, calamari, spinach croquets and chicken empanadas are some of our favorites. They also have wonderful paella. The service is pleasant and professional. Our favorite server is Juan Carlos who is knowledgable about the food and wine and greats us warmly whenever we dine there. If you want to enjoy delicious tapas and a nice glass of wine in a pleasant environment with excellent service dine at Mi Tomatina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.