433 W. New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitomatina.com/
- Phone: 3219724881x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jose Baranenko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mi Tomatina's catering options range from a Back Yard Paella Party to a multi course Tapas Dinner. We can either deliver everything prepared or our chefs and servers can enhance your party at your location.
- Entertainment: $3.00 Cava (Spanish Champagne) every Thursday evening.
A word from mi Tomatina
Mi Tomatina provides an upscale approach to authentic Spanish cuisine. Extensive menu selections range from small tapas dishes to our signature paellas. Customers report: "All the food was amazingly delicious and the atmosphere is mysterious and compelling."Continued
"You will love the experience"
"You will love the experience"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
mi Tomatina - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
mi Tomatina reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (15)romantic (13)good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- ExcellentPnv7304VIPDined on 9/26/2014Thank you for the excellent service and amazing food. With out a doubt our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014came here on a recommendation from a friend, who her and her husband love it. I thought it was a bit overpriced for the servings. The food was good but I wanted more. We had the ox tail, Spanish style macaroni and cheese and a chicken dish (all tapas). I thought our waiter was a little overbearing when we were deciding what to order for dinner and then again for dessert, other than that he was very friend and knowledgeable about the menu overall a good place for a date night or special occasion or for a group of friends to come and enjoySpecial Features:
- We'll prepared foodFoodjudgeDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has a sober and attractive decor. However, it is the careful preparation of the food what gets your attention. The waiters are efficient and know the menu well. Prices are neither high or low. They are right. Food is fresh. Very good restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second visit, and it was as special as the first one. Excellent service and food. We will highly recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- No grains of salt was spared!Food4ThoughtVIPDined on 9/13/2014The location is great, the restaurant is cute and the staff is very friendly BUT the only problem with this place is that the food is just way too salty! The sodium level burned my husband's throat and gave me such a headache that when I got home, I had to immediately take two Tylenols and go to bed! The items we ate that had normal levels of sodium were the delicious complimentary bread with the tomato sauce for dipping and the house salad. Both were fresh and tasty which made us excited to taste the tapas but when the tapas arrived, we were very disappointed. We really want to go back to this place but until the sodium level significantly drops, we will NEVER come back again.
- Very tastyMamsDined on 9/10/2014Unique and delicious food. The only reason for the 4 stars was portion size. Tapas are expected to be small but these are best for 2 persons, maybe 3. We were a party of 4 this time and we ordered 6 tapas. Although we didn't leave hungry bc they serve unlimited ciabatta bread, the oxtail and beet salad could have been larger. Tuna portion was adequate. Baby octopus was the most generous. We want to go back to try the paella brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014We are not new comers to mi Tomatina and we repeatedly have eaten here because the food is consistantly well prepared and we always enjoy the food served. We have on numerous occasions brought friends here becasue we like the place so much and enjoy sitting ouside to dine and relax. Our reservation experience this trip was poor, poor, poor and right now we are a bit annoyed with how we were handled by mi Tomatina ( rather indifferent even when we showed them the reservation on our phone) and we are even more put off by Open Table and the inconvenience of proving we kept the reservation which appeared as a No Show.Special Features:
- BirthdayPnv7304VIPDined on 9/4/2014Another memorable birthday, outstanding service, wonderful food. Thank you so much for such a great time.Special Features:
- DisappointingUltraNatashaDined on 8/30/2014I was excited to finally try this restaurant, but it was not a good experience. I know it's tapas style, but even so, the portions were tiny for the price. The food was not very good, and they didn't have the first bottle of wine we ordered. Or the second......
- LuluLuluDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter, William was extremely knowledgable, enthusiastic and provided excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSporticusDined on 8/17/2014Restaurant was empty when we arrived , which we were concerned about. How wrong we were! The food was fantastic, and the service was wonderful. Our waiter was able to describe each dish so well and with such enthusiasm. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Sunday afternoon dining2puttDined on 8/16/2014We love the new additions to your menu and our server and the food was excellent. See you again soon, thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationPnv7304VIPDined on 8/2/2014Another great memory. In celebrating our son's graduation, we chose Mi Tomatina again to help commemorate this milestone. Once again, stellar service, wonderful food, awesome time. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceUflawyerDined on 7/26/2014Although the interior space for the restaurant is very small, the kitchen does a great job of presenting some interesting dishes. The menu was creative and fun. You have to be prepared for a long dinner as some dishes take a while to prepare. They do warn you. Our server was knowledgable and fun, but it looked like he had way too many tables to take care of.Special Features:
- Mi TomatinaDdubsflDined on 7/25/2014Have been here three times and each time gets a little better. Went on a busy Friday night and the waiter was very polite and helpful. Had the Ox Tail and it was our favorite out of everything we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceShelaghDined on 7/18/2014My 3rd time here and I was disappointed. Food was good but service awful. Obviously short staffed but no explanation or apology that our meal took 3 hours. Even had to bus our own table. We knew we were in trouble when the bottle of wine was gone before the appetizers came. I hope they get it worked out because I like this place. I'll give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service good!FoodieDined on 7/12/2014The service was good the food was not overly impressive.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencePnv7304VIPDined on 7/2/2014Another excellent meal with stellar service. Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential but it needs to improveLucianoDined on 6/29/2014I was disappointed, we chose Red Paella for two, unfortunately it was not cook right, too salty, rice was not tender rather hard, the sea food portion minuscule (just four shrimp) and few pieces of Spanish sausage. Too poor for a pricey meal. We order a large plate of Tapas, it was priced too high for what it was, it can hardly serve two people. We do not dine out based on price, but in quality and food flavor especially when we are familiar with Spanish and Latin cuisine. The staff was friendly but not trained sufficiently, they took too long or forget food or drink requests we made.
- Paella Pleases-Service DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I understand they do this all you can eat and drink on weekends so they should be especially prepared for a crowd (Father's Day?). Additional servings of Paella got colder and colder and smaller and smaller. If you do not wish to serve all you can eat, don't advertise it.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceDissapointedDined on 6/15/2014Being my second time on this restaurant, I felt I can bring a good friend for a special ocassion - father's day. Extremely dissapointed with servive and completely lack of organization. This place wasn't prepared for the ocassion and didn't have a host to welcome guestes. Even though I made reservation (on line) my table wasn't ready and had to wait around 15 minutes. Table wasn't completely clean, or ready with silverware, etc. Numerous times had to call my server, for things like more food, drinks, napkins, etc..My friend even spilled his 'mimosa' on the table and after waiting for the server to clean it, I had to stand up look for help and ended me cleaning the table. Good food will not be enough for me to come back again.Special Features:
- Great Place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2014I definitely will return to try more dishes - especially I want to give the Paella I try! The Service was overall well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlaceCathyVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had great time. Sat outside (in the alley). Nice breeze. Had lots of tapas (oxtail, octopus, seafood zarzuela) and the Valencia paella - all were excellent, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & differentHconne2Dined on 6/6/2014The menu is outstanding. There are so many options and different types of protein. I had oxtail, octopus, squid, and escargot all in one meal! It is difficult to find such a unique menu. The oxtail is one of the most amazing dishes I've ever had. I definitely recommend Mi Tomatina for its excellent food. Our server Paula was also wonderful.Special Features:
- Good but not great!WPdinerDined on 6/4/2014Good and flavorful food, as well as great atmosphere. The waitress was a little overwhelmed covering the hostess responsibilities and 2 other tables (the only ones that were filled in the whole restaurant) and forgot our espresso and coffee order with the dessert. She also never mentioned to us that Thursday nights they have a Sangria special. We found out after we had received our wine order - and were disappointed! However, the prices for all the tapas was very good and the location makes it a fun spot to come back to.Special Features:
- The following 252 reviews are from the mi Tomatina reviews archive.
- TomatinarandallDined on 5/24/2014Make sure you order paella in advance. Took more than an hour to get foodSpecial Features:
- Very authentic tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014This is a great restaurant. The tapas is very authentic and very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Paella a little offGrana2noDined on 5/11/2014Everything was excellent but the paella had something off in taste, this was unexpected but it didn't ruin the overall experience as long as you recognized that it was yet another rice and seafood dish. It was a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife for Mother's Day. Food was middle of da road for taste. For the price it wasn't enough(paella) in compare w/ other places I have been in Orlando. Waited too long for re-fills and setting pick up. My wife never got her Mother's Day champagne glass as told by the sitting host. The tapas came w/ the meal making our table too crowed. Was not offer a desert. Had to ask for it . Then the waitress waited for me to fill up da bill. I told her that I would fill it out later.Special Features:
- Love mi TomatinamlsorrelVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was our third time at the restaurant and it just keeps getting better. Great service and love the food.Special Features:
- Sorry to put them outMikeBDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation for 4 for mothers day brunch instead of 4 we had 5 which seemed to have made a problem for the restaurant. They said and we assumed it was because of all of the reservations, but very unprofessional of the wait staff to show their poor response. We were put at a table outside in the sun and we had to move an umbrella twice to get out of the sun with no help from the staff. I had wanted to just leave because of the poor attitude but I was convinced to stay. A lot of tables available all throughout our meal We had our brunch and left. Our waitress was ok but the hostess and the rest of the staff poor. I will not go back
- OutstandingPnv7304VIPDined on 5/10/2014Another memorable experience. Amazing food, excellent service, simply remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyLaresDined on 5/7/2014This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. The paella and tapas is delicious with flavor!! The service is great. The only improvement I would make is to the sangria. It needs more wine and fruits.Special Features:
- Good food, questionable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The tapas and paella were very good. I loved the traditional saffron flavoring. The service was mediocre. The server was attentive at first. Then we felt as if we were being rushed. By the end of the night, after the meal was served, we did a lot of waiting. There was difficulty with splitting the bill as well, so just ask for separate checks. If not, your bill will be done incorrectly and then it will take days to get fixed!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey TapasDRDJDined on 5/3/2014Food was very good, but pricey. $8.50 for 3 small to medium size meatballs; 8.50 for 2 very small slices of potato tortilla "pie" with chorizo. service was slow but we were there late afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Paella madnessJohisDined on 4/27/2014Food was great, Great ambience. Mimosas were ok. Paella was delicious (chicken and shrimp). We were a large group and we sat on the patio. We had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Very quaint and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I recently ate at Mi Tomatina with my wife and another couple, and we ate outside, which turned out to be very pleasant. Our server was attentive and vey helpful; the food was excellent. We tried a variety of tapas and each one was delicious.Special Features:
- no baked ham this Easter!ThymetvlDined on 4/20/2014We decided to try something different for Easter and we had a great time! Sangria is good, could've been a bit stronger..we had fun sharing all different types of tapas between the four of us! Wouldve loved to sit outside, but the folks across the street were pressure washing and that made it hard to hold a conversation. Will def sit outside next visit!Special Features:
- Would definitely come againMichelleCDined on 4/19/2014We went to mi Tomatina for our friend's birthday. No one in our group had ever been so we were really taking a leap of faith. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was incredible, the drinks unique and the service was exceptional. We will definitely return sometime soon. One thing to note... the restaurant inside is very small. I would recommend sitting outside if you can.Special Features:
- Simply awesome!Pnv7304VIPDined on 4/11/2014Once again we enjoyed wonderful food, stellar service and great live music. Simply awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.