25 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mipiace.com/
- Phone: 6267953131x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday: 4:30pm - Close, Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gil Saulnier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mi Piace
In Italian, "Mi Piace" means "I like it," and they make sure you love it at this award-winning restaurant. Mi Piace is the perfect spot to enjoy an intimate dining with the finest and freshest authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mi Piace - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Mi Piace reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (55)good for groups (54)great for lunch (53)hot spot (53)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (40)great for brunch (40)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (19)scenic view (11)Show More
- My favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Should have reviewed this a long time. Mi piace is the best restaurant in Pasadena & perhaps even a Southern Cali. U get the best treatment, food, and ambiance. It's always busy so u never feel unwelcome if u show up late. Food is amazing. Be sure to try the kale salad from the special menu and their seafood pasta al dente. Kale never tasted so good! Fries are also great, thin cut with chili powder sprinkled on them. Other favorites r pizza, ossobucco do Vitello, salmon, and rustico chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Coast WorthyJimDDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I are disappointed with restaurants 9/10 times in southern California. High prices and nothing really to show for it. Mi Piace is an exception and we will go back. Food is tasty and good. First time in a long time I am seated looking at the wall but the nice big mirrors put me in touch with the restaurant and atmosphere. Service is professional but not stuck-up. Nice job!!Special Features:
- Top notch Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Mi Piace was a perfect start to a great evening. My niece and I were there to catch dinner before a concert at the Rose Bowl. The server was very accommodating in making our experience that much more pleasant! Totally worth the journey to eat instead of stadium food. Well done!!Special Features:
- Old School or Old TownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014If you consider that Mi Piace was one of the first to settle in Old Town Pasadena, you would assume it is old school....not. This is a hip, vibrant place that conitues to serve fresh,hot food in a hip and friendly environment.Special Features:
- Everything AverageQueenbeeDined on 9/10/2014Nothing magic about this place. It is kind if $$, service is OK. Lunch with friends on no special occasions is fine!Special Features:
- good and fastDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014This time the service was prompt and the food was good. That about sums it up.
- Great post UCLA game spotPostGameDinerDined on 9/6/2014With UCLA games ending after 10:00pm, finding a place with good food, wine, and ambiance that's still open is made easy by visiting Mi Piace. Try the ahi tuna tower.Special Features:
- The total experience not great.TTintheIEDined on 9/5/2014The resturant had in the past a higher level of qualty in preperation and ingredients. The soups were at best ordinary and none in the party commended the pasta's chosen. We make the long drive on Friday night from Orange County with friends to a meal that had been hyped and was quite ordinary. The area is vibrant but the food choices were so bland we left for dessert at the Cheesecake Factory across the street. Disappointing1Special Features:
- No complimentary breadCloudDined on 9/3/2014This's a good move for cutting mat'l cost and reducing unnecessary waste. However, I m wondering if the price is set for each order / basket or for full dining periodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining in heart of PasadenambcaffeDined on 8/30/2014excellent food, great service. They are very accommodating. an extensive wine list although we brought our own bottle. I had the salmon alla mi piace. I thought it was a little too citrus or winy. everybody else loved their dish. Coffee is also really good. Valet park right in front.Special Features:
- BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Stopped by with my husband for breakfast.. Nice environment but food is so so.Special Features:
- OpenTable IrrelevantMarcDined on 8/22/2014We've dined at Mi Piace before for lunch and enjoyed it. Since it was a Friday night, I made a reservation for our party of 6 on OpenTable for 8 pm. We actually arrived closer to 7:30 pm to let them know we were ready. The place was jam packed... Not a single table available... At 8, when we told them it was time for our reservation, they told us they had no table...and they were only then seating the folks with 7:15 pm OpenTable reservations. Given the line out the door (the reason we made a reservation) and the thought of another 45 minutes to wait, we found an excellent felafel place down the street. I suppose a mid-week lunch might work but Mi Piace should be holding tables as they clear for reservations.
- Not a good experience at all!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I hardly ever complain or bash local restaurants, but I had an awful experience here the other night. We made a reservation for four at 7:30. We arrived at 7:30 and they told us it would be a few minutes. At 8:00, the hostess told me they were cleaning our table. At 8:15, when I checked he status, she asked me who I was like she had never seen me before. At 8:30, she told me again that they were cleaning our table. At 8:45, we demanded to be seated, after being given the run-around for over an hour. This is when the hostess asked me again what my name was. We weren't seated for another 20 minutes after that. The food could never be good enough to erase this memory and unfortunately, I will never go back.Special Features:
- good restaurant to goalex4travelDined on 8/16/2014enjoy the food and service. for sure, we will keep going there.Special Features:
- DisappointingTheJMayVIPDined on 8/15/2014I went here with my husband on a Friday night. The food was ok, and the service was abysmal. The hostess literally turned her back on us when we arrived to continue talking to her coworker. We weren't seated until 15 minutes after our reservation time. Our waitress simply said "What do you want?" when she came over to us, never introducing herself, asking if we would like drinks, or any of the other usual interactions you would expect with a waiter. The carpaccio was ok, my husband said his gnocchi was ok, my scampi was fine but the vegetables on the plate were cold. We did not stay for dessert. It was so disappointing, we won't be going back, and we wouldn't recommend it.
- great foodreneNlaDined on 8/15/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants to take our friends. The food is excellent and the service is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to beLAEATERVIPDined on 8/10/2014We waited patiently 40 minutes from one we ordered to get our food. There was no exceptional service from any staff to check on us. Our past 3 visits have all been negative experiences with the service. The food is still good.
- Bday dinnerPitaDined on 8/9/2014Had a very nice birthday dinner with my older children and they enjoyed it very much, We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great servicefoddie79Dined on 8/9/2014the food was delicious and the cheesecake was the best I ever had. The waiter was so friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantvtnmvetDined on 8/9/2014service was great from the waitress, wait staff took great care of refilling glasses and cleaning up dirty dishes food was excellent, presentation was very appealing. special occasion, they were great for celebrating a birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty perfectChocDined on 8/7/2014Excellent location. Tons of people watching. Everyone very courteous food good environment excellent. Very busy down town so valet parking was so convient.Special Features:
- MartiniluvrDined on 8/6/2014Very good food & cocktails. Nice ambiance but a bit noisy & music a little too loud. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Treasure in PasadenaBigRedsReviewsDined on 8/3/2014Mi Piace is a little treasure in Old Town Pasadena! It was a very busy Sunday evening as JayZ was performing at the Rose Bowl. I did make reservations before coming and was not held up at all! My Pasta Bolognese, with thin hand made noodles and fragrant sauce was delicious. My dining companions also enjoyed their hand made raviolis and gnocchi. Great wine selections and attention to details made this a great birthday outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was sub pardhdhDined on 8/2/2014One our pasta dishes arrived from the kitchen...cold. The waitress wasn't attentive as we often wondered, 'Where is the waitress? Our glasses are empty.' In the past, I considered Mi Piace to be a restaurant I would dine at without hesitation when I am in Pasadena. In the future, I will likely patronize a different establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay...WantingawowDined on 8/2/2014We checked in for our reservation right on time, and the hostess could not find our reservation. She did finally find it, but she sure seemed annoyed and inconvenienced in doing so. We were shown to our table, which was nice. We were greeted promptly for drink orders, but the server only took two of the 4 orders and rushed off before the other two had a chance to order their cocktails. The food was okay - one dish was very good, and the other 3 were average. I personally had the short rib ravioli and the pasta seemed a bit undercooked. But, not bad. Everything tasted good, we were just hoping to be wowed! We probably won't be back. There are so many other places in Pasadena with the whole package: fabulous service & fantastic foodSpecial Features:
- Weak drinksAtasteoftheworldDined on 7/26/2014This use to be my favorite place. The drinks now are weaker and the food has changed and not for the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Lover's Inexpensive DreamKokoaTanDined on 7/26/2014Born and raised in Pasadena and I'd never been to Mi Piace. GREAT way to celebrate my birthday with an early dinner. Reservations were for 5 p.m. but we arrived at 4:30 p.m. because we heard the place was small. YAY it was almost empty and they were able to seat us early. Actually, I'd recommend dining during the earlier hours of the day. We left around 6 p.m. and it was packed. Packed to capacity almost and what a nightmare for those waiting. No sitting area for those waiting to be seated. No tables available any time soon for the new comers. The food was delicious. The waiter was quite informative. The busboy person wasn't as on task as he could have been due to the limited number of diners. The price, EXCELLENT for such delicious food.Special Features:
- Worst Dine LA experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Bad food. Terrible personalities. I've been to Mi Piace many times in the past, and I've never had a bad experience...until today. DO NOT DO DINE LA HERESpecial Features:
- I don't think so!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2014Came for DineLA - they totally skimped on the food because we weren't full even after paying $90 (35 each). On top of the sad portions the food quality was even more ridiculous. The mashed potatoes that came with the short rib - was not even made with real potatoes - it looked like and tasted like those box potato flakes. My seafood risotto - the seafood was chewy and of very poor quality. There was a lack of service - waiter was never to be found - never checked on us - hard to flag down for a glass of water - and when I was halfway done eating my risotto - he came by asking if I wanted cheese on it - are you serious? This meal and experience was not worth $90 - and that was suppose to be a DineLA deal...glad I didn't pay full price!Special Features:
- Keeps getting better!swnycVIPDined on 7/22/2014We usually go to the bar where Henri takes great care of us - friendly and great service. He knows his stuff! We've been to Mi Piace a handful of times for dinner and it keeps getting better every time. The calamari fra diavolo was amazing. Highly recommend Mi Piace!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Service was slow even though it wasn't crowded. When food arrived, the meatballs were raw inside.
- Great!Joe3Dined on 7/21/2014If we would live in Pasadena (instead of South Beach), we would eat here (at least) once a week: great food, not too complicated, good and very friendly service, good martinis and a nice wine list. Inside it's modern and cool, outside is great for people and car watching. What's not to love? Sometimes unruly kids, but the restaurant is big enough to sit somewhere else. It's like Joe Allen on Purdy Ave in SoBe used to be, and if you don't know what that means: just go here!Special Features:
- Dine L.A.LAdiner1Dined on 7/19/2014We were happy to see that Mi Piace was included on the Dine LA list & delighted with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not come back even for free!SouffleloverVIPDined on 7/19/2014Out of all the DineLA restaurants I tried, Mi Piace was the worst diner. Food was low quality. Our server was depressing. Restaurant was dirty. It's the worst dining experience out of all my DineLA encounters. Don't waste your money here! Walk a couple blocks to Vida Copa for a better dining experience.
- Looks good, but deceivingDuke64Dined on 7/17/2014I took my son here for a special lunch, and was extremely disappointed. The Service was terrible. The hot meal was served cold. The menu offered sea bass and sounded good. There was no mention that is was served cooked whole (skin, bones, and all). When we received meal, I objected to waiter & he offered to de-bone fish. It was already cold. The Waiter should have offered me another entree. Worst meal ever-clueless about Customer Service and fundamental "Dining Experience" concept. I won't return. Recommend strongly against this restaurant. Many other much better restaurants in Pasadena, that offer better, including Cheesecake Factory, who at least has good servers, and they know how to treat a Customer, with good service and hot food.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Amazing food. Bread is heavenly. Fettuccine is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceguckerdDined on 7/12/2014We always dine at Mi Piace when in Pasadena. The food is exceptional, the service has always been great and the window tables provide an array of entertainment.Special Features:
- Overall very good, but spendy!noteworthybitesDined on 7/11/2014The Bruschetta appetizer was amazingly delicious! Afterward, we wished that we'd each just gotten our own plate of Bruschetta and called it a day. Can't wait to eat here again just for that, it was that yummy. Then for a first course we split the Classica Pizza, which was good but not really special. For main courses we had the Piccata di Pollo and the Fettuccine Bolognese. They were both well made dishes, delicious but again, not really memorable. The service was great and the food just flew out of the kitchen. They definitely have it down to a science, so that's a plus. But with two cocktails and tip, this lunch was about $115, so it's certainly spendy.Special Features:
- Pasadena Favourite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Thank you for the great service and good food. We have been coming here for many years and will continue to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's Italian for "yawn?"BroadwayFanVIPDined on 7/9/2014This Old Town Pasadena institution may have pretty cocktails and beautiful desserts, but the food is average (which means underwhelming for the price) and the service is weak: over 15 minutes to get a glass of water, that I even had to request?! Come on now. Do better than that. Not a lot of options for vegetarians, and even that took some creative effort. Maybe worth a second chance; but maybe not.