25 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mipiace.com/
- Phone: (626) 795-3131
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday: 4:30pm - Close, Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gil Saulnier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mi Piace
In Italian, "Mi Piace" means "I like it," and they make sure you love it at this award-winning restaurant. Mi Piace is the perfect spot to enjoy an intimate dining with the finest and freshest authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mi Piace - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Mi Piace reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (54)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (44)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (39)romantic (33)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (30)notable wine list (21)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (3)Show More
- Amazing foodGeobad11VIPDined on 11/22/2014Mi Piace has got to be one if my fav restos in the LA area. The pasta is always aldente, the food is delicious and the chef always delivers to my hi expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fulfilled my pasta cravings!FoodMakesMeHappy99Dined on 11/22/2014This restaurant is sure to satisfy your cravings for a mouth watering Italian dish. I had linguine pesto with chicken and it was incredible. My husband had the lasagna which I tried and was also amazing, very flavorful. The bread service is not complimentary but definitely worth it, so just get it! Service was fast and friendly and this is a great place for outdoor dining and people watching on Colorado Blvd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Food was good, but the overall service was terrible. All the employee doesn't seem to be happy while they are working. It is obvioursly showed on their face and body gesture,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old faithfulArthurVIPDined on 11/15/2014I love this place but the hostesses are little difficult to deal with and sure there is a reason for that,food is always great and I recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very noisyTessaPrezDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed out dinner however we found the restaurant to be very noisy. In fact, the waitress couldn't hear my order and they brought out something completely different than what I had wanted. Luckily for me, it was very good - not what I had ordered but still very good. The staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food were outstandingMartyDined on 11/10/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary and noted that on the reservation comments. When we got there and checked we were greeted with a happy anniversary, had a table waiting for us by the window as requested. Food was amazing as usual. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasadena GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Great food, service. Just love this place. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Pasadena!jsmithsheDined on 11/9/2014Love this place! We go here every time we visit Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy HolloweenJonesDAVIPDined on 10/31/2014Date night at MiPiace on Holloween was a treat. Food was excellent, the custom Saffire with Ginger, cucumber and cayenne pepper coctail was exceptional. Unfortunately it started raining and the covered canopy started leaking right in my wifes lap during dessert. We moved indoors to close out our meal.Special Features:
- The place to eatCarolineDined on 10/30/2014Great food menu with variety and options.On my go to when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This place is a awesome place to eat.. The waiters are very friendly and are always around if you need them. My food was GREAT as well as the service.. I will for sure be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NjcrockerDined on 10/25/2014I had hopes for this place but this is the 3rd time dining here and again another bad experience. I had a 7:30 reservation and didn't get seated til after 8, it was a birthday dinner with I confirmed with the hostess and they still failed at bringing a desert. I ordered linguini with clams and when it came it tasted like something else had been cooked in the pan before this.... what a shame, this restaurant has the potential to be great but I don't know if it is poor management or what.... think I'll pass next time.
- Great ExperiencemartyDined on 10/23/2014This was my first time at Mi Place and everything was outstanding -- cuisine, service, ambiance. I only wish I had left room for dessert -- what a dessert display!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A look at our Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great. When we walked in the door on time for a 7p.m. reservation the hostess said our table would be ready in 5 minutes, they were just setting it up. Twenty minutes later, after two requests for an explanation, we were seated. I made our reservation about a month in advance and yet we were seated outside the door to the kitchen, very disappointing. That particular place made our evening feel very chaotic and we were anxious to eat and leave. Our waiter was good until our order was taken after that we were forgotten by him. His "assistant" was terrific. Took very good care of us. Felt like he was doing things for us that were not normally expected from him. He is the one who made our evening OK.Special Features:
- Great food And people watchingJustthe3ofusDined on 10/4/2014We had a wonderful early dinner on Saturday night. Two of us split an entree (pasta with shrimp) and a dinner salad (with apples and dates). The bread was delicious, as were the cappuccino and apple tart after dinner. The passing parade ( free with outdoor seating!) was quite entertaining. Parking behind the restaurant was easy and inexpensive. Btw, staff were great at following up on the reservation and were helpful and sympathetic when we called about the traffic delay--changing our reservation with no complaint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the waitressJohnnyDined on 10/4/2014Tried Mi Piace for brunch last Saturday. Nightmarish service & quality of food. Our waitress took a while to even come to our table. She seemed very abrupt like she had somewhere else to be. She took our drink order. By this point we were starving. Every other table received complimentary bread, but not us. Each item we ordered, did not come out as ordered. My wife ordered the egg white omlette & added avocado. I ordered the Italian eggs Benedict. Hers came without the avocado or the toast. Mine came as over well eggs, not runny as beneficts are supposed to be. They did fix the problems quickly, but when they brought my wife's toast it was bordering on charred. After that the waitress vanished. No refills on drinks until we were done eatingSpecial Features:
- my place can bejoyousVIPDined on 9/29/2014your favorite place Got to like it Simply well done receipes executed well You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Made me look good on 1st dateZrs519Dined on 9/28/2014Food was great. Service was excellent. Date was happy - that's all that mattered :)Special Features:
- Was Good but not Great!vgsanfranVIPDined on 9/27/2014I was really craving great and fresh pasta and read a bunch of reviews and heard from others that this was a great place. The food was good. I had to substitute dry pasta for fresh pasta for the seafood broth with pasta. The mussels they used were frozen (not fresh) as were the clams which was unfortunate because the dish could have been great! The fresh ricotta appetizer was the highlight for me but they didn't serve it with enough bread. Pasadena has yet to impress me with food but this goes without saying since LA in general has not impressed with its food. If you want amazing food you go to the cheap eats but as far as high end dinning LA and SG Valley need to really step up their game. It surprises me given all the movie stars!Special Features:
- DateHimoDined on 9/22/2014Server was awesome I requested the note and they actually surprised my date really well. Good job guysSpecial Features:
- A Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I enjoy this restaurant. The food is good, and service is friendly and accommodating. The decore is stylish and appealing. The Main draw back is that it can be crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014It was a great experience. Service excellent our waiter was awesome. Very accommodating on choices to eat. All my guest love the food. Great ambient. The staff are really friendly. Love this place. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Should have reviewed this a long time. Mi piace is the best restaurant in Pasadena & perhaps even a Southern Cali. U get the best treatment, food, and ambiance. It's always busy so u never feel unwelcome if u show up late. Food is amazing. Be sure to try the kale salad from the special menu and their seafood pasta al dente. Kale never tasted so good! Fries are also great, thin cut with chili powder sprinkled on them. Other favorites r pizza, ossobucco do Vitello, salmon, and rustico chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Coast WorthyJimDDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I are disappointed with restaurants 9/10 times in southern California. High prices and nothing really to show for it. Mi Piace is an exception and we will go back. Food is tasty and good. First time in a long time I am seated looking at the wall but the nice big mirrors put me in touch with the restaurant and atmosphere. Service is professional but not stuck-up. Nice job!!Special Features:
- Top notch Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Mi Piace was a perfect start to a great evening. My niece and I were there to catch dinner before a concert at the Rose Bowl. The server was very accommodating in making our experience that much more pleasant! Totally worth the journey to eat instead of stadium food. Well done!!Special Features:
- Old School or Old TownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014If you consider that Mi Piace was one of the first to settle in Old Town Pasadena, you would assume it is old school....not. This is a hip, vibrant place that conitues to serve fresh,hot food in a hip and friendly environment.Special Features:
- Everything AverageQueenbeeDined on 9/10/2014Nothing magic about this place. It is kind if $$, service is OK. Lunch with friends on no special occasions is fine!Special Features:
- good and fastDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014This time the service was prompt and the food was good. That about sums it up.
- Great post UCLA game spotPostGameDinerDined on 9/6/2014With UCLA games ending after 10:00pm, finding a place with good food, wine, and ambiance that's still open is made easy by visiting Mi Piace. Try the ahi tuna tower.Special Features:
- The total experience not great.TTintheIEDined on 9/5/2014The resturant had in the past a higher level of qualty in preperation and ingredients. The soups were at best ordinary and none in the party commended the pasta's chosen. We make the long drive on Friday night from Orange County with friends to a meal that had been hyped and was quite ordinary. The area is vibrant but the food choices were so bland we left for dessert at the Cheesecake Factory across the street. Disappointing1Special Features:
- No complimentary breadCloudDined on 9/3/2014This's a good move for cutting mat'l cost and reducing unnecessary waste. However, I m wondering if the price is set for each order / basket or for full dining periodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining in heart of PasadenambcaffeDined on 8/30/2014excellent food, great service. They are very accommodating. an extensive wine list although we brought our own bottle. I had the salmon alla mi piace. I thought it was a little too citrus or winy. everybody else loved their dish. Coffee is also really good. Valet park right in front.Special Features:
- BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Stopped by with my husband for breakfast.. Nice environment but food is so so.Special Features:
- OpenTable IrrelevantMarcDined on 8/22/2014We've dined at Mi Piace before for lunch and enjoyed it. Since it was a Friday night, I made a reservation for our party of 6 on OpenTable for 8 pm. We actually arrived closer to 7:30 pm to let them know we were ready. The place was jam packed... Not a single table available... At 8, when we told them it was time for our reservation, they told us they had no table...and they were only then seating the folks with 7:15 pm OpenTable reservations. Given the line out the door (the reason we made a reservation) and the thought of another 45 minutes to wait, we found an excellent felafel place down the street. I suppose a mid-week lunch might work but Mi Piace should be holding tables as they clear for reservations.
- Not a good experience at all!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I hardly ever complain or bash local restaurants, but I had an awful experience here the other night. We made a reservation for four at 7:30. We arrived at 7:30 and they told us it would be a few minutes. At 8:00, the hostess told me they were cleaning our table. At 8:15, when I checked he status, she asked me who I was like she had never seen me before. At 8:30, she told me again that they were cleaning our table. At 8:45, we demanded to be seated, after being given the run-around for over an hour. This is when the hostess asked me again what my name was. We weren't seated for another 20 minutes after that. The food could never be good enough to erase this memory and unfortunately, I will never go back.Special Features:
- good restaurant to goalex4travelDined on 8/16/2014enjoy the food and service. for sure, we will keep going there.Special Features:
- DisappointingTheJMayVIPDined on 8/15/2014I went here with my husband on a Friday night. The food was ok, and the service was abysmal. The hostess literally turned her back on us when we arrived to continue talking to her coworker. We weren't seated until 15 minutes after our reservation time. Our waitress simply said "What do you want?" when she came over to us, never introducing herself, asking if we would like drinks, or any of the other usual interactions you would expect with a waiter. The carpaccio was ok, my husband said his gnocchi was ok, my scampi was fine but the vegetables on the plate were cold. We did not stay for dessert. It was so disappointing, we won't be going back, and we wouldn't recommend it.
- great foodreneNlaDined on 8/15/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants to take our friends. The food is excellent and the service is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to beLAEATERVIPDined on 8/10/2014We waited patiently 40 minutes from one we ordered to get our food. There was no exceptional service from any staff to check on us. Our past 3 visits have all been negative experiences with the service. The food is still good.
- Bday dinnerPitaDined on 8/9/2014Had a very nice birthday dinner with my older children and they enjoyed it very much, We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.