2441 University Blvd
Houston, TX 77005Neighborhood:
W. University / Med Center
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milunahouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 520-5025
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 am - 2:00 am;
Monday - Friday: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mi Luna
Mi Luna Authentic Tapas Restaurant and Bar has been providing great food, cocktails, live music, and dancing in Houston, Texas for the past 15 years. When you walk into Mi Luna you are entering one of the best restaurants in Houston with one of the best atmospheres for dining with friends, enjoying happy hour, dancing with great people, and drinking excellent cocktails. We offer live music Wednesday thru Saturday ranging from Flamenco, Cuban, and a diverse Latino playlist. Mi Luna Tapas Restaurant and Bar serves lunch and dinner for Houston locals in search of a great date night, friends get together, or large party event. At Mi Luna Tapas Restaurant and Bar, we also cater parties. Visit us to enjoy a great Spanish restaurant with excellent tapas, small plates, cocktails, live music, and dancing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mi Luna reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Tapa's and FlamencoTetonDined on 10/15/2014Mi Luna is a west university neighborhood gem and provides unique enteratinment. It is loud and it is not the place to have quiet conversation. Dont sit at the bar to eat as the service was slow and inattentive even on a mid week evening with over half the bar seating open. Tapas plates are usually well prepared but some are definetly better than others. Pick and choose to fit your appetite. For something differnt try the veal tongue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my date nightKrisannethefoodcriticDined on 10/5/2014the pitcher of Mojitos were amazing and the we had Tapas Tierra and OMG it was delish!!..My husband I will definitely hit this place up again..nomnom nomSpecial Features:
- Birthday BashdinerDined on 9/16/2014Celebrated my sisters birthday at Mi Luna. The service was good and the waiter explained the best way to order tapas (for our group). The food was great. The music and ambiance were also very enjoyable. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TetonDined on 7/30/2014Overall experience was good. The resturant was very busy mid week and the bar area was especailly active. While the Tapas ranged from very good to just ok, the resturant entertainment of spanish guitars and flamenco dancers make the overal experience a good one. As noted it was busy and the table service only fair. It was rather loud both with and without the musical entertainment so this venue isnt suited well for quiet converstation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Mi Luna reviews archive.
- A loud, and good Tapas restaurantTakurdziDined on 6/5/2014Mi Luna is a nice restaurant. They have a moderate list of small plates to choose from, not the best list but still plenty to choose from. The service was lightening fast, I think our table for 4 was in and out of the restaurant in less than 40 minutes. The atmosphere is too loud to have a conversation with your table mates, and I got billed for a drink we ordered, but never received. All in all, the restaurant was nice and the food was good, but I would only recommend this restaurant to someone who was prepared for a very loud dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mi Luna Tapas MUY BUENA!2TallDined on 6/3/2014Got more than we bargained for when we used Groupon voucher to dine at Mi Luna Tapas. The food was great, the service friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere (and music) made for great fun. We went on Tapas Tuesday, arriving in time to enjoy Happy Hour drinks in addition to 3-for-2 tapas. Our two couples ordered variety and shared, and ENJOYED. Recommend all: the variety is amazing! http://www.milunahouston.com/menu.php Even though filled from our tapas, we shared 3 desserts: chocolate cake, tres leches cake, and creme caramel flan. Simply no way to choose a fave... all delicious and really generous portions. We will be returning to Mi Luna Tapas before the moon wanes!Special Features:
- Interesting variety of foodBillyDined on 5/20/2014The place has a gigantic menu that is hard to decode but the waiter was very helpful and my companion had been there before and knew some good choices so we had a great meal in total.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elsenoplateuntastedDined on 5/11/2014Was very disappointed. We went for Mother's Day lunch and instead of tapas, found that they were serving a Mother's Day buffet. There was not even the option of ordering from the menu. Of course, by that point it was impossible to find another option, so we were stuck. To add to the frustration, what little our waiter had to do, he did grudgingly and seemed not to care at all where our experience was good or bad. Throw in terrible food, poorly made and it made for a regrettable experience for Mother's Day. We won't be back.
- Tapas are the best here!HoustonBuyersVIPDined on 5/7/2014The Octopus and the Ceviche are to die for! The empanadas came out of the kitchen crispy and hot. The wine list is moderate and well priced. We love to seat at the bar bacuse the bartenders offer a great service. This place is loud! So dont expect a quiet romantic dinner on Thursdays or the weekend. A great Place for Tapas!!!!Special Features:
- NoisyBwaybbDined on 4/2/2014I was interested in Spanish and tapas, and entertained a friend here...the noise level was insurmountable. Between the flamenco guitar, dancers, and the noisy patrons, we couldn't hear ourselves think, much less converse. It's too bad because the food was good, and the service was fine. This is not a place to enjoy company...it's a place to watch the performers and holler at each other.Special Features:
- Let's Get TogetherNavyantDined on 3/29/2014I enjoy this place BUT........ Every time my group goes for a meal. Service is NOT the best and we NEVER get our food all together. We get our food all at different times. Is it rude to eat before the others get their food? OR Do I eat my food while it is Hot?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soDARPMXDined on 3/18/2014Food was good, but not great. Nothing overwhelmed us. We order the Paella and 11 different kids of Tapas.
- Authentic TapasTapas4tooDined on 3/15/2014The Tapas selections at Mi Luna were very authentic, tasty, and well presented. The servers were polite and timely with placing orders and further requests. Prices were a little high for the portion amounts but the authentic presentation and flavors/tastes made up the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good Service but LoudLive2EatDined on 3/6/2014The food was spectacular and so was the service. Only down side was the loud band. I went with a couple of my girlfriends hoping to catch up. It was hard to do with the noise level. I would definitely recommend Mi Luna, just don't expect to have too much conversation on a band night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMicahDined on 3/2/2014Took my parents here, as they tend to have a typical midwestern taste (read as, bland). They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/27/2014This was one of the worst experiences we have had in a long time. The noise level was so loud, I could not wait to get out of the restaurant. It was totally unacceptable and unpleasant. We will not return.
- Great foodjon4foodDined on 2/6/2014This is a great place for Tapas. The food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour - Mojito Pitchers!DavidDined on 1/9/2014A big pitcher of Mojitos for a reasonable price...and a good place to share tapas. Beware there are almost NO completely vegetarian dishes.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceWeLuvOurFriendsDined on 11/23/2013Though we had to convince them that putting our group of 12 at a table for 8 wasn't really feasible lol, in the end they finally moved us and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Simply outstanding.DLTBVIPDined on 11/6/2013Everything we ordered was great. Pizza, paella, vegetable plate, salmon. Drinks are strong and service very attentive. Will be back to try everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantLuvTapasDined on 10/14/2013The tapas were outstanding! Go for one of the combinations they have put together. You will get high quality tapas that are divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and More....!MagsterDined on 10/5/2013We ate dinner at Mi Luna this weekend with friends of ours and were not disappointed. We were seated in a large booth with plenty of room for the four of us and we all shared a tapas platter (the combination), two different paella dishes and lots of sangria! We had both the seafood paella as well as the paella de la tierra and they were both terrific! Each of us was stuffed but we still managed to order a flan and a tres leches--both of which were delightfully good. The service was friendly and very attentive, the food was excellent and the overall experience was great! This is a very entertaining dinner spot as they sometimes have live music as well as flamenco dancers. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneGaryfromKatyDined on 10/5/2013Tapas are the main reason we went and that is what we had. All of the HOT TAPPAS variety. We had several things that were all delicious. The Tappas Platters are a good deal. My wife is picky and she commented that there were too many carbs in the choices I made - my adult daughter (it was her 24th birthday) and I like those options. I think this is the best way to share and try different things. The Goat Cheese that was in a small pot and melted with some tomato mixture was excellent. Next time I will encourage my wife to get a seafood paella that she can enjoy and I will probably choose individual tapas and have those with more protein or meat. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great time with great foodJoytiDined on 9/12/2013A group from work met there Thursday evening. We had such a great time trying all the different foods on the menu. All the food was delicious!! And drinks were reasonably priced and the atmosphere was wonderful. Music in the background was perfect for the setting. Would do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entertainmentSmashDined on 8/28/2013I went on a Wednesday evening where I saw Solero Flamenco (flamenco song and dance). They were as awesome as the food. Love that about Mi Luna. Great food and entertainment. Always bring friends visiting from out of town. Hope to get back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeReviewerDined on 8/15/2013The service was excellent, food was fair but the noise level was very loud, hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- I booked a group dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013I booked a group dinner at Mi Luna for its atmosphere and food and it didn't disappoint. It's a great place for groups to enjoy a variety of great flavors. Tapas were great. They had some really good flavor combinations. However, the Paella Valencia I was looking forward to was mediocre and uninspired. Stick with the tapas and look elsewhere for paella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDavidDined on 7/19/2013We were in the university area, pulled out the Open Table App and a number of restaurants came up. We love Tapas ever since our experience in London but have not been able to find a restaurant with similar offerings and taste. Well our search is over!! Mi Luna will be our "go to" for Tapas!!! The wine list is long and extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, drinks a bit weakDLTBVIPDined on 6/14/2013All food we ordered was great. Notable menu items... Caesar salad, Salmon noso, Paealla, Plato de vegetales. Vegetables cooked slighttly al dente, just perfect. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good on the wholeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2013We took my mother here for her birthday and overall it was a great experience. The small plates offered something for everyone. The only downside was that some of the plates (ordered at the same time) took way too long to come out so most had finished eating by the time it arrived. Also disappointed that the happy hour sangrias did not come in a pitcher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch!luv2eatDined on 5/12/2013We took our mother to Mi Luna for Mother's Day. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch as good, however, ifOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Lunch as good, however, if you are expecting authentic Spanish tapas this is not the place for you. This is more of fusion tapas in my consideration. Our tapas were served one by one and the the time between each dish was very spread out, thus we were there for almost two hours (lunch time and having only ordered 4 tapas dishes).Special Features:
- I've been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013I've been to the restaurant before but this visit wasn't what I was expecting. Restaurant wasn't crowded but I felt the servers where rushing us to finish as if they needed to free tables up for people waiting. Feels like the service is better when you go at night and they are packed.
- The food was great. The restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013The food was great. The restaurant was busy as well as the bar because this place is a favorite with nearby Rice University students and residents who live near by.Special Features: