Mi Cocina The Woodlands
1201 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Mi Cocina The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.micocinarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2812986426x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Maria Pliego
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mi Cocina The Woodlands
Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the fines ingredients available. From our famous homemade salsa, to our mouthwatering hand-dipped enchiladas, you can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm friendly and professional staff. Its our honor to serve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mi Cocina The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Mi Cocina The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We love Mi Cocina. Great atmosphere and love their inside "patio" area. Food is consistently good and several notches above the other chain Mexican restaurants in the Woodlands. The Mambo Taxi is the best!! On this particular night they were different, more frothy. We mentioned it to our server and he agreed. He went back and told the manager and a few minutes later he brought back new drinks and said they were on the house. My only "complaint" about this restaurant is I wish they would bring back the fabulous Happy Hour they used to have. It was nice to sit on the patio and have drinks and fabulous appetizers. Might be worth considering once all the new restaurants open in Hughes Landing.Special Features:
- A must-do dining experiencefitCrissDined on 9/27/2014At most restaurants where I've had reservation, I still have a 5 to 10 minute wait before being seated. At Mi Cocina we were given a very genuine greeting from the friendly hostess and were seated immediately! Our server was promt and very friendly. The drinks were great, the good was excellent, and the environment was very engaging! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Fair ServiceDBMBVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a family gathering of 8 at 5:00PM on 9-13-2014 and the restaurant was pretty empty. Our service was fair at best. You would think it would have been better considering the time of day. The food however was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.UniBDined on 9/11/2014Been many times. Ernie's Chicken and their margaritas rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OU812VIPDined on 8/27/2014Poorly executed food and service. Wasted night. Largely falls to mgmnt and training because you could not possibly sustain a business operating it like this.
- quiet romantic early dinnerRadioprinceVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were there early at 6pm on a Saturday evening. Great service and the food was perfect. Love the location right on the water in the Woodlands.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingTexas57Dined on 8/16/2014Went to this restaurant for lunch and it was so good we decided to go back for my birthday. Terribly disappointing. It was loud, the food came out very slowly. Our server was great and seemed embarrassed about the slow kitchen service. My husband was more upset about my birthday dinner than I was but plan on going back to Jasper's for celebrations. Expected better. May go back for lunch but never for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It okILMvisitorVIPDined on 8/9/2014Mi Cocina is an alright tex mex place. They are vegetarian friendly as their refried beans do not contain lard and their queso does not contain chicken stock but the quality isn't fantastic. I do like their salsa though. It's not too expensive and their drinks are pretty strong so it's worth a stop at happy hour at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale?MortVIPDined on 8/1/2014Service slow, food was bland as the decor. Ordered appetizer and entre was served right after. Pretty expensive. I have had better Mexican food at so many places.
- Great Experience!FamilyOuttingDined on 7/22/2014Food was very delicious; guacamole was great! Staff was very, very nice and accommodating. Wonderful outing for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks8hungarianDined on 7/12/2014Highly recommemnded, Tacos al Carbon were awesome, meat was VERY tender. The Sangria Margarita were great also try the Cucumber Margarita was better.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Mi Cocina The Woodlands reviews archive.
- Great food.UniBDined on 6/28/2014We love this place. Recently tried Ernie's Chicken. Wonderful. I found my new favorite menu item. Good margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & Fast Serviceblackhawks1fanDined on 6/27/2014This was our first time at Mi Cocina and we really enjoyed it. The selection on the menu was very broad. Both the chicken tortilla and chicken with rice soups were very good. The Brisket Tacos were uniquely good and the portion size of Chicken Mole was very generous. Green rice was a nice surprise and definitely different than most tex-mex restaurants. The food service was fast (not rushed, but quick). I was surprised at how empty the restaurant was at 5:30 on a Friday. Parking is a challenge due to its location near the mall; valet is offered if you don't want to drive around for 10 minutes looking for a parking space then walking quite a ways. We would definitely recommend Mi Cocina.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.golfer1803Dined on 6/26/2014The food is delicious. I highly recommend the brisket tacos and get with the soft tortilla and one on the corn tortilla. Both are delicious and then you can decide which one you prefer. I was out with friends and they got the enchiladas and loved them. I took a bite and they reminded me of our favorite Mexican food place where we used to live, delicious! The service is wonderful and I like that it is easy to have a conversation and not have a high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.