Mi Cocina - Legacy
5760 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mi Cocina - Legacy
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micocinarestaurants.com/locations/plano_legacy.html
- Phone: (972) 473-8777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Mi Cocina - Legacy
Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the fines ingredients available. From our famous homemade salsa, to our mouthwatering hand-dipped enchiladas, you can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm friendly and professional staff. Its our honor to serve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Mi Cocina - Legacy - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Mi Cocina - Legacy reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great Food & ServiceKarenVIPDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful place to eat. Nice atmosphere & wonderful service. A lot of food options for all people. Loved it there.Special Features:
- Great place for a Tapas style chatCourse2courseDined on 9/23/2014It may be busy and a low den of noise backdrops your dinning, however, the appetizer selection allows you to grab a quick and filling bite and enjoy a great conversation while receiving attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly enjoyed!trulypleasedDined on 9/13/2014Mi Cocinà was the perfect spot to host my girlfriends surprise birthday dinner! We had an excellent time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the Best!Luvlobster1Dined on 9/12/2014Totally outstanding in every way, and our favorite! Nobody makes guacamole like Mi Cocina, and Ernie's Chicken is heaven here.Special Features:
- Meh MexMarcBolanDined on 8/29/2014Mi Cocina (in various locations) has always been a fave. My first visit in several years to one of their restaurants was just ok. Salsa and guacamole are still outstanding, but the my dinner was lukewarm and the food was fairly bland & my chicken was dry. Yes, I could have sent it back, but I figure you should be able to do simple things like a get a hot plate out to a customer before it goes cold, especially before 6 pm on a Friday, before the place is REALLY busy). Big disappointment since they've never disappointed me in the past. It's too bad, because I probably won't be back anytime soon to give them another chance.
- Not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We were seated upstairs and the wait staff made us feel like we were putting him out when he had to walk up/down the stairs to retrieve our food/drinks. Took way too long to get food and drinks. We will definitely not be returning!
- Awesome enchiladas!BunzieDined on 8/15/2014This was my first visit! My first bite told me I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Mi Cocina - Legacy reviews archive.
- Eat at mi CocinaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/21/2014We always enjoy eating at mi cocina. The service is great and the food is always delicious. It is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Dallas......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 7/10/2014Thank you so much for making this a very easy process. The service was excellent. Will definately come back for next business or personal function.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladMetasReviewsDined on 6/29/2014Had a client meeting here for Sunday afternoon lunch. I ordered the Quinceanera Salad with Salmon. It had the right combination of greens, avocado and the dressing was not over powering. It was great. Noise level was low enough that we could communicate with raising our voices. Great restaurant, great meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Slow for WorkmkdinesDined on 6/21/2014Mangers and hostess were inflexible and unable to work with us efficiently during a business lunch hour that had a time window of one hour. If you don't mind hanging around for 2 hours to eat and get the check, then fine. Utterly ridiculous to not be able to get in and out in an hour at lunch. Food is average, and just not good enough to justify the slowness. This happened to me before there about a year ago, but we liked the location so decided to give them another chance, I will not return there after this experience.
- Old FaithfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014When I need some tacos and a few drinks, this is where I go.Special Features:
- Great food but LOUDmrsberthaDined on 6/13/2014Great food and service but it was so loud and the tables so close together that the friend I went to lunch with could not hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- Great first experience!StldinerDined on 5/25/2014I've heard about Mi Cocina from many friends and while visiting Dallas, I was excited to give it a try! The atmosphere, food and especially the margaritas were awesome! I can't wait to go back next time I'm in Dallas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You know what to expectBilly525VIPDined on 5/25/2014Nice food. Nice service. Only complaint is same as last time I visited this location: hostesses. Young, rude, clueless; they don't even bother thanking you as you leave the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodHewieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Mi Cocina is a consistently good Mexican restaurant that I frequently visit for lunch. Nothing fancy, just a decent lunchtime eatery.Special Features:
- LeslieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014One of the best meals we have had in a long time. The jalepenio margarita was amazing! Between the chicken nachos and the brisket tacos we couldn't decide which was tastier. Combine that with some friends, it was a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mambo NightsCComptonDined on 4/9/2014My wife and I always like to come here after a long hard day at work. The mambo taxi's are unbeatable and completely solve all of our problems (I wish!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday nitefirstimerDined on 3/26/2014Nothing available but flan for birthday celebration but a fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer service? what's that?Billy525VIPDined on 3/1/2014I realize that what I write here will not affect anyone desire to go - or not to go - to this Mi Cocina in West Plano. Let me say, first, that I like Mi Cocina restaurants; actually, very much. That's why this location was such a disappointment. Food was fine and consistent with the other area Mi Cocina restaurants. The service? Non-existent. Waited FAR TOO LONG for someone to come to the table and when she did, was ready to take my order. No water or drinks. No chips and salsa. When I walked in, there were FIVE hostesses standing around and they acted like they could care less if I was there or not. That was abundantly clear when I left, and the same group couldn't be bothered to say "thank you" or "good night." VERY disappointed
- Bad AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/28/2014Queso they have 3 kinds. Doesn't matter what you ask for it's all the same. They NEVER listen. Been here 10 plus times and I swear it's like nobody hears you, listens to you, anything. Have to wait an eternity for drink refills, hostess is snotty, and waiters don't know the menu!
- BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I made reservations for 6 and they didnt have the table ready, so they stuck us at literally the first table they saw and ran around to grab chairs for it. The food was thrown on the table and we were never asked how we were doing or if we needed anything. EVen the water tasted like it came from the tap. The noise level was so loud that i couldnt hear my friends right next to me. For what i payed i expected more.Special Features:
- Great Mexican food & great value.TonyjproDined on 2/14/2014Top notch Mexican food. Great ambiance. Absolutely love the cheese salsa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mico "regular" for years!LadydinerDined on 2/7/2014We've been regulars at the various Dallas and Plano "Mico's" for years. We are tex mex fanatics and always end up back at Mi Cocina due to the best margaritas in town and reliable food. The chips and salsa at Mi Cocina have never been our favorite (we prefer uncle Julio's or Pappasito's thinner chips and their salsa ) but we love the Mamas Tacos and Rico Salad with spicy blue cheese dressing. Shops of Legacy Mi Cocina has a great bar too and a patio as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic MexicantheaterVIPDined on 1/14/2014I made table reservations, but we ended up eating at the bar. It was fun to watch the bartender making all sorts of different margaritas! The food was delicious! I would totally go back if I was in the area again! My only complaint is parking was a bit of a pain-but there is a deck right down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate birthdayHapp4eatingDined on 11/24/2013We only had a party of 6 and were treated like we were special. Our request was for upstairs dining. The restaurant as a whole is loud, but eating upstairs is a different experience. Much quieter. The atmosphere is more relaxing and enjoyable up there. We keep going back to Mi Cocina because the food is excellent and the service is great. Always friendly and eager to serve. Mi Cocina is in a great location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewGrammyDined on 11/14/2013I have never had a bad experience at this MiCocina location. Food and cocktails are guaranteed satisfaction! This is my favorite spot to meet my friends for a girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.