Mi Cocina Atlanta
1080 Peachtree St N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mi Cocina Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micocinarestaurants.com/
- Phone: (404) 872-8801
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican
- Executive Chef: Matthew Dunn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning area that accomodates up to 40 guest. High vaulted ceilings and an excellent view to Peachtree St.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Figueroa 6783168539
A word from Mi Cocina Atlanta
Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the fines ingredients available. From our famous homemade salsa, to our mouthwatering hand-dipped enchiladas, you can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm friendly and professional staff. Its our honor to serve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mi Cocina Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (20)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (15)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- overall greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Nice waitress, validated valet, live music but not too loud, and great prices. The ceviche was bland and they don't serve cafe con leche, but those are the only negatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was OkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Quick and to the point... The food was ok. The service was sub par. Our server got both of our drink orders wrong. My food was correct but the other person I was with got the wrong order. Asked for no tomatoes and it came with tomatoes on it. The atmosphere was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We had eaten at the Dallas, Texas location in November of last year and was pleased to learn there was one in Atlanta. Our niece was here on business and we needed to find a place convenient for her. As much as we enjoyed our experience at Mi Cocina, we live in Lilburn and traffic being what it is in this area, we will not be regular customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Mexican fareericVIPDined on 11/9/2014The service was very good. The food was typical Mexican. It was okay, but nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Francisco and Elvis were the best waiter and bartender ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedarichVIPDined on 11/5/2014This was our first visit and based on the experience we had, we will not be returning. We were seated at a small table next to a large group that was very loud, extremely rude, and most definitely overserved. The service was fine, but the food, with the exception of the mole chicken, was bland and under seasoned.
- Wonderful PlaceMexicanfoodgroupieDined on 10/27/2014It was my first time to Mi Cocina. When I made reservations on Open Table I told them in the comment section that I was celebrating my friends birthday. When I arrived the hostess let me know they offered 2 hours of complementary parking right behind the restaurant, which is so nice when your downtown. When my friend came in a few minutes later the hostess wished her Happy Birthday and then our waiter wished her Happy Birthday as well. She loved it. We ordered and the food was delicious. I had an amazing salad that was cold, crisp and full of goodies, my friends chicken quesadilla had all the fixings and was amazing too. Later the manager came over and wished my friend Happy Birthday and was very kind. Great food and great customer service!Special Features:
- Date night!MDubDined on 10/24/2014Great date night spot! The ambience is spectular especially if you can reserve a seat upstairs. Free valet parking for a no hassle midtown parking experience - rare!Special Features:
- second visit.... not so great.nachooossDined on 10/18/2014Unfortunately we ended up sitting next to a huge party, the people in that party were CONSTANTLY walking and their children kept running around, they were bumping into our chairs and everything. I had to hunt our waiter down whenever I needed him. The food wasn't so great (i was kinda bummed since i made this place sound so great) and one of my friends was charged for something she never received. Usually there's live music on Saturday but I didn't here anything. The second time was not a charm. I'll wait awhile before I go back. IF I go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AmbianceSpiritDined on 10/18/2014The ambiance was very nice and the music was not to loud, as well as the waitress was very nice and friendly, but our food was not hot at all, the entrees that my guest ordered should have came out on a skillet sizzling but it didn't and the vegetable (onions and bell peppers) was so big, it seems as though they was prepared without care. The manager took my chicken back to warm it up, which I told him that was alright, but he did anyway.Special Features:
- Mi CocinaAndreal33Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent choice for Tex-Mex food and atmosphere Very friendly staff and management.Special Features:
- Excellent ambiancelovefoodDined on 10/4/2014We had a birthday celebration and the food choices were great, the drinks were good a bit pricey though but the band was the best thing of the Saturday night. Excellent ambiance and great for groups.Special Features:
- Great Tex-Mex FoodLuvTexMexDined on 9/27/2014I truly love the place. Their hot sauce is awesome and the food is really good. Service is always friendly and great. Took my wife here for the first time for dinner and she even loved the place and wants to come back. Reminds us of the great places in the DFW area that we would visit often when we lived there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timeusopen2013VIPDined on 9/1/2014Will visit again,really enjoyed it. Sat outside patio, nice view.Special Features:
- amazing experienceatlantawilDined on 8/24/2014Before last visit, I had been twice and had great experiences. However, this last visit topped it all. From the attentive service (server was Eric- incredible), to food (guacamole amazing as are entrees), to the margaritas. We even had the manager checking on us throughout leisurely meal (amazing day- relaxed on patio) and made us feel as if restaurant was truly run well and the customers made a priority. We had to ask Eric, our server, to send manager out to rave on his impeccable service and the overall experience. Definitely a great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything about the restaurant was wonderful. Our waiter was attentive and provided excellent options to try for drinks and food. I enjoyed the Taxi margarita(margarita mixed with sangria) and the #4 meal(enchiladas, taco, rice and beans) which were both delicious. The portions are large and have options so that you may try more than one item. The live band was a nice touch. If you want to be able to see them, ask for a table in the front. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificient Martinifood42Dined on 8/15/2014The Agave Jalapeno Martini doesn't disappoint! Sweet and spicy libation that compliments the delicious food.Special Features:
- Among best in AtlantaBigGVIPDined on 8/6/2014It's hard to find good Tex-Mex East of the Mississippi. Mi Cocina is one of the best options in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Good ChangsKFoodMDined on 8/4/2014I enjoyed my experience here, especially the queso with the changas. I will visit next time I find myself in Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner but...AtlfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We live ax cross the street so this neighborhood gem is easy to choose. The entire xpirience was lout standing. Food, outstanding service etc. but... We wee seated next to where the band was going to play and our entire meal was interrupted with the band setting up. They never played, just bumped our chairs and came past over and over with carts of their equipment. Seat us upstairs then please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Mi Cocina Atlanta reviews archive.
- Jonny A.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food is great and the life music is exceptional. Willy the band leader is a master in latin music! Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess not so brightfrewDined on 7/16/2014Although the food and dining service was excellent the hostess was a bit to be desired. We were meeting 2 additional people which we advised the hostess - we weren't sure if they had arrived - at first she couldn't locate our reservation - we waited over 30 minutes for our other guests only to find out that she had seated them 5 minutes before us under my reservation - then seated us at the opposite end of the restaurant. Both parties questioned her as to the arrival of the other and we were told they had not arrived . When we finally telephoned one another and realized we were both there - she just laughed and said "isn't that funny?" No not really -Special Features:
- FoodLoverDined on 6/28/2014The overall experience was a good one. The only thing that annoyed me was that I placed two reservations because I had a larger party and they only had one reservation. They did their best to accommodate my large party. It took longer for them to do so. Other than that everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lovely VisitTheMrsDined on 6/22/2014I always enjoy visiting Mi Cocina. They have just recently changed the menu, but it wasn't changed in a way that disturbed our usual experience. My favorites are the Tacos Mi Tierre, Brisket Tacos, Fajitas and they have wonderful frozen drinks.Special Features:
- Comida DeliciosasewiiDined on 6/20/2014The closest it gets to genuine Mexican food in Atlanta with fast food speed service and a modern ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cobahDined on 6/14/2014Food and service great but noise level too high for me.Special Features:
- Noisy, food was not goodKdjonesVIPDined on 6/13/2014Food was not hot; average service and there was not a lot of people dining. This was a Friday night at 8:30 and tables were not full. Margaritas were good. The chips were also stale. WE had to wait 25 minutes for a plate they messed up on.Special Features:
- Good MexicanFrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Fresh ingrediants with a nice variation of menu selections. Staff is always friendly and very helpful. Restaurant is always clean.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2014Food was fresh, and delicious. Our server -- wish I could remember his name -- had a super personality and really added to the fun or dinner.Special Features:
- EhChecklistQueenDined on 6/10/2014I ordered the brisket tacos. Unfortunately it was the saltiest brisket I have ever eaten, I also think the kitchen forgot to put the cheese on the tacos. It could have really used some sort of slaw (green apple or even traditional) as a balancer. The guacamole was good though...
- A good evening with okay foodGtgirlDined on 6/6/2014We arrived 20 mins prior to our reservation and were seated promptly. We chose to dine outside. Service was good but the good was not the best. For the price paid I would expect a lot moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....sharksteinVIPDined on 5/31/2014Too loud, and waitress rushed us out of there bringing us the bill before I even finished my meal or considered dessert.
- excellent tex mexbecdavmaxDined on 5/26/2014went recently for late lunch and to check out as venue for large group dinner. juan, catering manager was awesome in answering questions. very friendly service. great brisket tacos and tasty salsa. tortilla soup bit too salty for my taste. will be back for sure. very nice space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!MoniDined on 5/23/2014Great location, atmosphere, good drinks and great food. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with my nieceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014I had just finished a strenuous workout and couldn't decide on what or where to eat, so I went to my Open Table app, find Mi Cocina booked a reservation, jumped in the shower and off we went. Our server, Angelina was very courteous and offered great suggestions to my niece since she had never dined at the restaurant. We sat out on the balcony and the ambience and breeze was very fitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta's Best Mexican FoodHappyCamper1VIPDined on 5/18/2014A beautiful, comfortable bar, quality drinks, tasty food from a varied menu make for a notable dining experience. What the wait staff lacks in experience they compensate in pleasantness and a genuine desire to serve. I will return there, and bring friends.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationmargDined on 5/17/2014I had a great birthday celebration at Mi Cocina. Excellent food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDickVIPDined on 5/15/2014Just visiting loved midtown - this was great tex-mex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a top choice for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Food was ok, but staff was extremely confused and lacked basic server knowledge. Even the manager was unskilled and did not know the different food items. E.g. Failed to look at the plate of food and only looked at receipt. Thus everyone's order was delivered wrong.Special Features:
- You guys are amazing!LuvmicocinaDined on 5/10/2014I went to this restaurant in Texas and had some apprehensive about the restaurant in GA ... would it be as good as Texas? Wow! it was super good, great service, cool ambiance, great parking and just a perfect meal! The guacomole, the brisket, the salad, the flan, the margherita sangrias ... mmm ... Thank you so much for a great Mothers Day experience !Special Features: