Mi Cocina Atlanta
1080 Peachtree St N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mi Cocina Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micocinarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4048728801
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican
- Executive Chef: Matthew Dunn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning area that accomodates up to 40 guest. High vaulted ceilings and an excellent view to Peachtree St.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Figueroa 6783168539
A word from Mi Cocina Atlanta
Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the fines ingredients available. From our famous homemade salsa, to our mouthwatering hand-dipped enchiladas, you can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm friendly and professional staff. Its our honor to serve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mi Cocina Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (16)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- First Timeusopen2013VIPDined on 9/1/2014Will visit again,really enjoyed it. Sat outside patio, nice view.Special Features:
- amazing experienceatlantawilDined on 8/24/2014Before last visit, I had been twice and had great experiences. However, this last visit topped it all. From the attentive service (server was Eric- incredible), to food (guacamole amazing as are entrees), to the margaritas. We even had the manager checking on us throughout leisurely meal (amazing day- relaxed on patio) and made us feel as if restaurant was truly run well and the customers made a priority. We had to ask Eric, our server, to send manager out to rave on his impeccable service and the overall experience. Definitely a great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything about the restaurant was wonderful. Our waiter was attentive and provided excellent options to try for drinks and food. I enjoyed the Taxi margarita(margarita mixed with sangria) and the #4 meal(enchiladas, taco, rice and beans) which were both delicious. The portions are large and have options so that you may try more than one item. The live band was a nice touch. If you want to be able to see them, ask for a table in the front. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificient Martinifood42Dined on 8/15/2014The Agave Jalapeno Martini doesn't disappoint! Sweet and spicy libation that compliments the delicious food.Special Features:
- Among best in AtlantaBigGVIPDined on 8/6/2014It's hard to find good Tex-Mex East of the Mississippi. Mi Cocina is one of the best options in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Good ChangsKFoodMDined on 8/4/2014I enjoyed my experience here, especially the queso with the changas. I will visit next time I find myself in Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner but...AtlfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We live ax cross the street so this neighborhood gem is easy to choose. The entire xpirience was lout standing. Food, outstanding service etc. but... We wee seated next to where the band was going to play and our entire meal was interrupted with the band setting up. They never played, just bumped our chairs and came past over and over with carts of their equipment. Seat us upstairs then please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jonny A.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food is great and the life music is exceptional. Willy the band leader is a master in latin music! Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess not so brightfrewDined on 7/16/2014Although the food and dining service was excellent the hostess was a bit to be desired. We were meeting 2 additional people which we advised the hostess - we weren't sure if they had arrived - at first she couldn't locate our reservation - we waited over 30 minutes for our other guests only to find out that she had seated them 5 minutes before us under my reservation - then seated us at the opposite end of the restaurant. Both parties questioned her as to the arrival of the other and we were told they had not arrived . When we finally telephoned one another and realized we were both there - she just laughed and said "isn't that funny?" No not really -Special Features:
- FoodLoverDined on 6/28/2014The overall experience was a good one. The only thing that annoyed me was that I placed two reservations because I had a larger party and they only had one reservation. They did their best to accommodate my large party. It took longer for them to do so. Other than that everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lovely VisitTheMrsDined on 6/22/2014I always enjoy visiting Mi Cocina. They have just recently changed the menu, but it wasn't changed in a way that disturbed our usual experience. My favorites are the Tacos Mi Tierre, Brisket Tacos, Fajitas and they have wonderful frozen drinks.Special Features:
- Comida DeliciosasewiiDined on 6/20/2014The closest it gets to genuine Mexican food in Atlanta with fast food speed service and a modern ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cobahDined on 6/14/2014Food and service great but noise level too high for me.Special Features:
- Noisy, food was not goodKdjonesVIPDined on 6/13/2014Food was not hot; average service and there was not a lot of people dining. This was a Friday night at 8:30 and tables were not full. Margaritas were good. The chips were also stale. WE had to wait 25 minutes for a plate they messed up on.Special Features:
- Good MexicanFrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Fresh ingrediants with a nice variation of menu selections. Staff is always friendly and very helpful. Restaurant is always clean.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2014Food was fresh, and delicious. Our server -- wish I could remember his name -- had a super personality and really added to the fun or dinner.Special Features:
- EhChecklistQueenDined on 6/10/2014I ordered the brisket tacos. Unfortunately it was the saltiest brisket I have ever eaten, I also think the kitchen forgot to put the cheese on the tacos. It could have really used some sort of slaw (green apple or even traditional) as a balancer. The guacamole was good though...
- A good evening with okay foodGtgirlDined on 6/6/2014We arrived 20 mins prior to our reservation and were seated promptly. We chose to dine outside. Service was good but the good was not the best. For the price paid I would expect a lot moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....sharksteinVIPDined on 5/31/2014Too loud, and waitress rushed us out of there bringing us the bill before I even finished my meal or considered dessert.
- excellent tex mexbecdavmaxDined on 5/26/2014went recently for late lunch and to check out as venue for large group dinner. juan, catering manager was awesome in answering questions. very friendly service. great brisket tacos and tasty salsa. tortilla soup bit too salty for my taste. will be back for sure. very nice space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!MoniDined on 5/23/2014Great location, atmosphere, good drinks and great food. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Mi Cocina Atlanta reviews archive.
- dinner with my nieceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014I had just finished a strenuous workout and couldn't decide on what or where to eat, so I went to my Open Table app, find Mi Cocina booked a reservation, jumped in the shower and off we went. Our server, Angelina was very courteous and offered great suggestions to my niece since she had never dined at the restaurant. We sat out on the balcony and the ambience and breeze was very fitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta's Best Mexican FoodHappyCamper1VIPDined on 5/18/2014A beautiful, comfortable bar, quality drinks, tasty food from a varied menu make for a notable dining experience. What the wait staff lacks in experience they compensate in pleasantness and a genuine desire to serve. I will return there, and bring friends.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationmargDined on 5/17/2014I had a great birthday celebration at Mi Cocina. Excellent food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDickVIPDined on 5/15/2014Just visiting loved midtown - this was great tex-mex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a top choice for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Food was ok, but staff was extremely confused and lacked basic server knowledge. Even the manager was unskilled and did not know the different food items. E.g. Failed to look at the plate of food and only looked at receipt. Thus everyone's order was delivered wrong.Special Features:
- You guys are amazing!LuvmicocinaDined on 5/10/2014I went to this restaurant in Texas and had some apprehensive about the restaurant in GA ... would it be as good as Texas? Wow! it was super good, great service, cool ambiance, great parking and just a perfect meal! The guacomole, the brisket, the salad, the flan, the margherita sangrias ... mmm ... Thank you so much for a great Mothers Day experience !Special Features:
- SolidmgmcdevVIPDined on 5/9/2014I have been to Mi Cocina two weeks in a row and it is a solid mexican restaurant. More upscale that the normal mexican-dive, the downstairs is energetic and the upstairs, great for conversation. The food is good and this place is worth a try. The manager went above and beyond to make our experience on Saturday extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in years - Avoid!TravelExpertDined on 5/5/2014I had a reservation for 7:30 and my party was seated a 7:50, on Cinco de Mayo. My party ordered dinner immediately upon being seated. At 8:55, food still had not arrived and we left. A bowl of guacamole sat on our table for 35 minutes but we had no chips with it. Server was polite, but this was my worst experience in 15 years. I cannot call it a dining experience because we never received our food. Avoid this establishment.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014Excellent service and great food. In busy district area of midtown. Beautiful decor and trendy spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why even make a reservation?DawgmonDined on 4/26/2014Food is always fresh and good. Arrived to find hostess scrambling for a table for 6 even though restaurant empty and we had reservation. Requested a certain table only to be told it was reserved.....sooo where was our reserved table?? Wandered around like an Easter egg hunt looking for a table. Ended up with 3 different servers in sequence like we were being handed off. All in all a good experience but not sure what was up with the table game we had to play or the server turnover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but won't go backatlfoodieVIPDined on 4/23/2014overall disappointed. food was fair to good but the real problem is parking. no valet. took my party 45 minutes to find parking. as a result we will not go back. too much competition out there to put up with parking problems.
- Solid, but "Wow" Factor?AdrianVIPDined on 4/6/2014Mi Cocina is a welcoming, nice little Mexican restaurant. My family and I visited during their Lunch/Brunch hours. Although I found the food we ordered to be tasty, especially their Posole, it didn't stick out to me from the other numerous of Mexican restaurants to choose from. There is a chance that I may not have ordered their signature dishes, but their fajitas - something I really enjoy - didn't have enough flavor. Next time I will definitely try some of their tacos to see if that tastes better. What I did leave feeling very happy about was the service my family and I were treated with. The staff was very welcoming and attentive during our visit. Looking forward to returning and trying other dishes in hopes of that "wow" factor.
- Hip and modern MexicanMidtownregularDined on 4/4/2014Food and service were very good. The past 2 times dining here, waiter stated he/she was "new" but service was still good. Sampler platter (appetizer) is good enough for a meal and when paired with cerviche, two people can dine on these and be satisfied.Special Features:
- Delicious!MichDined on 4/3/2014The food, margaritas, and patio dining were all top notch! Excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmYummyInMyTummyDined on 4/1/2014I really enjoyed dining at Mi Cocina. I've been here twice now, once with my boyfriend for a romantic Valentine's dinner and again with my family to celebrate a birthday. I've had pleasant experiences during both visits. If you like seafood, I really recommend getting the Salmon a la Parilla and the Ceviche (don't remember the entire name) -- the shrimp appetizer dish. Also, the Mama chicken dish was quite nice as well. The menu pricing seemed fair, although I think the alcoholic drink menu was a bit overpriced. I also wish there were more dessert options, as I am a big dessert fan. But luckily the location is right across from Café Intermezzo which covered my sweet tooth craving. All I can say is.. I will definitely be dining here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mexican food in mid-townBhamReviewerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Visited this restaurant after a concert recently. The food was outstanding. They have a great selection of margaritas!!!! I would recommend this to people in the mid-town area.Special Features:
- An ok restaurantmsmithDined on 3/19/2014The place was really nice and they validated parking however, the food was not so great. I love mexican food and it didnt meet my expectations. When my girlfriend said the same thing, that confirmed we will not be back !
- Mi Cocina is in a good locationHangingpaw1VIPDined on 3/14/2014Mi Cocina is in a good location and the food is very good. The problem is the poor service from the moment you enter the restaurant until you leave. If you can ignore the service you will have a fairly good time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014Delicious and warm spacious nice restaurant. The nachos loco, enchilada mole, and tamales were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.