Mi Casa Restaurant - Walnut Creek
2195 N. Broadway
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mi Casa Restaurant - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micasa-wc.com/
- Phone: 9259378800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Luz Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater parties of any size. Please contact Luz Romero or Jose Maldonado to accommodate your needs.
A word from Mi Casa Restaurant - Walnut Creek
Mi Casa is a family owned restaurant located in the heart of Walnut Creek. Spanish for "My Home," Mi Casa combines the authenticity of traditional Mexican and Central American dishes with the comfortable ambiance of home. Dishes at Mi Casa are made from scratch with the freshest and highest quality ingredients, following old family recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. In 2007 the Maldonado family decided it was time to share their family recipes with the public, thus opening Mi Casa. Since then our dishes have been well received by our guests. Whether meeting friends for some of our famous sangria, celebrating a special event, or simply enjoying a casual lunch on the patio, we look forward to welcoming you to our home- "Mi Casa Es Su Casa"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mi Casa Restaurant - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Well Managed and Smoothly RunbethimusDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed Mi Casa immensely. The food was delicious and the wait-staff was attentive to our needs. We have four children ranging from 5 yrs old to 16 yrs old, and they all enjoyed both the food and the casual atmosphere. The pricing was in keeping with the quality of the food and service, and I would consider it a good value overall for authentic Mexican dining. If it was closer to us, we would probably become regulars.Special Features:
- Central American findTManDined on 8/22/2014this is an excellent opportunity to get away from the "combo plates" Mexican restaurants. The menu is a blend of Mexican and other central American cuisines. My meal was very good, the service was excellent, and the whole experience feels like what a restaurant might be like in central America.Special Features:
- Simple but solidFrequentdiner1Dined on 8/15/2014WE have dined here many times. This time we had a chicken/cheese quesadea, a grilled chicken salad, a burrito, and a fish dish. All were well prepared, flavorful, and mildly seasoned. Service was good as always. The restaurant itself would do well by eliminating a wall that divides it in about half, creating a bit more room and better ambience. But that would require a bit of structural work so maybe not feasible on a limited profit margin. But the three of us each had a beer or soft drink and with 20% tip it was $63. So for a spur of the moment latin dinner, we can comfortably recommend Mi Casa as a consistent solid choice.Special Features:
- Disappointing and fairGabeDined on 5/27/2014Food was average, service was slow, no ambiance whatsoever, just a neighborhood eatery.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Mi Casa Restaurant - Walnut Creek reviews archive.
- Carne Asada...OLE!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Beautifully cooked steak...crusty and dark outside and medium rare on the inside. My friend loved the steak enchilada with green sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is not your typical Mexican restaurant. They have unique food choices which my cousin who is in the know thoroughly enjoyed. The service was on top of things at all times. It was delightful. The prices are quite reasonable. We highly recommend them.Special Features:
- Molcajete and a Margarita, pleasechichicaliDined on 5/11/2014Walk into MiCasa and utter the words in the subject of this review and you will NOT be disappointed! My family loves to come here for almost any occasion. The staff is super friendly, the ambiance is lovely, and the food is great (although I only have ordered their molcajete, other family members have gotten other selections and been impressed). A definite hidden gem in Walnut Creek!Special Features:
- Food was GoodCathyDined on 3/15/2014The food was good, sauces were very tasty. Menu is not very extensive. Server was pleasant. It was an enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressed the teaqueenie690Dined on 3/15/2014Was not impressed the tea was so you could see through it. The soda machine broken. Portions were small
- Good RestaurantCathyDined on 2/1/2014This was our first time at Mi Casa. The food was very good. The service was good, but the restaurant was very busy -- so it took awhile to get our dishes. The menu contained both Mexican and Spanish dishes, which was a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed ourselves and do plan to return.Special Features:
- We were a party of 3 and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/27/2013We were a party of 3 and was looking forward to trying out the restaurant because of high recommendation from a friend. We were all disappointed as the food was not up to its billing. My husband had the steak which was a bad choice. I had seafood pallea and it was so-so. Our guest ordered the whole talipia and she asked if it was pan-fried and the server said "yes". Turned out it was deep-fried and our guest had problem with food that was deep-fried. The only good thing was the service. We all agreed we will not be returning to the restaurant.
- Not Usual MexicanMangiamoDined on 11/29/2013I'm always looking for Mexican food that goes beyond the usual Taco Burrito Platter plate. This fits the bill. The food is well prepared, portions are normal, and they have dishes from Central America too. Not your usual Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodJf021261VIPDined on 10/1/2013I guess living in SF I am spoiled to all the fantastic Mexican and Spanish food available to me but I'm sorry this was just horrible the salsa was horrible the pupusa I don't know what that's was but I have had the city and they are in thing like what they sell in the mission. I'm sorry but this was a miss for me.
- Nothing bad but very ho-humOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2013Nothing bad but very ho-hum and bland. No authentic regional dishes here although we didn't try the pupusas.
- Everything was great. A pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Everything was great. A pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- LunchIslanderDined on 7/3/2013The food was good though the service was a bit off. The drinks are potent so watch out. Overall it was okay and does have parking in the back. In Walnut Creek that is precious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you to Mi Casa!joy2dineVIPDined on 6/25/2013I would like to commend this restaurant for a very good meal! They were quite accommodating for us...as I had to change the number from 8 to 10 overnight. They were great in making sure we had the 10 seats, and place settings were all in place when we got there! However, it took quite a while to get the waiter over to take our order, but overall...they did satisfy our needs in the end. The food...was VERY good, and I will go back again...as well as recommend it. I also was very happy with how clean the restaurant was, as it is in an industrial part of town. Thank you to Mi Casa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molcajete!JSFBUGDined on 6/8/2013This restaurant is a little neighborhood gem. The food is interesting and the Molcajete is a must try. I wouldn't recommend the papposas as they are a little bland and lack flavor. The tacos are good as well as the enchiladas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Central American foodPassionateonFoodDined on 5/25/2013I enjoyed this restaurant. It's a nice neighborhood place that is pretty quiet and has a lovely outdoor area. I was put off a little by the napkin that had spots on it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013A small neighborhood restaurant. The food was Mexican with a few Central American dishes. The food was good and the service was efficient. I would go again and would recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2013This colorful place is located right near my office and my co-worker and I dine there fairly frequently. I just absolutely love it. The papusas are wonderful and I always have to get the cactus salad, it is superb! The staff is very polite and make us feel right at home when we come in. I will definitely be dining here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great guac, good seafood paellaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013great guac, good seafood paella (can share for the table). really good service. enjoyed the restaurant. will go back to try their other dishes and to get that guac again! quiet place to talk, but also are usually showing major sporting events if there is one going on.
- Great food, good prices, wonderfulRevSylviaDined on 1/6/2013This is a wonderfully warm place to have a relaxed meal. The food is good and the service is wonderful. I'm a regular!Special Features:
- Wait staff was friendly andMrsBVIPDined on 12/27/2012Wait staff was friendly and took great care of us. Our 7 year old daughter claimed that her burrito was the Best Burrito Ever! This is definitely a kid-friendly restaurant and we would visit again the next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- On our first visit we enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/3/2012On our first visit we enjoyed very good service and very good food. The dishes we ordered included a familiar sounding entree and two new dishes. We tried the Cactus Salad and it was delicious. We'll be sure to order that on return visits. I had the Inca Special, tilapia on quinoa, and I would definitely order it again. My husband had Camarones ala Diabla which a favorite of his at many restaurants since he likes hot and spicy; this rendition was almost too spicy for him to enjoy. Overall we are glad we stopped in and gave this restaurant a try.Special Features:
- Nice out of the way spot.WillieDined on 9/22/2012Nice out of the way spot. The Guac was very tasty. My Margarita left a little to be desired. The place is small but bigger that it looks from outside. Overall the food was good and I would recommend. Good place for a quite dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Always delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012Absolutely fabulous food. Brought six people and every single person enjoyed their meal. Brought a guest from the UK...no Mexican food there...she thought it was fantastic!Special Features:
- The Central Am. items werebighatVIPDined on 6/29/2012The Central Am. items were tasty and generous in portion... a real find.Special Features:
- While it is not in the heartbn2wildDined on 6/29/2012While it is not in the heart of downtown, it has easy parking (a tough thing in WC). The building is an old home, and is not really pretty, but is clean. Food is good and moderately priced.Special Features:
- The waiter was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012The waiter was very nice. We had reservations at 5pm, there was only two other couples there. The weather that day was 103 outside, so we chose to sit inside, but it was almost as hot inside the restaurant. When they brought out the chips and salsa, the chips were cold. The one good thing was the food came out quickly. I like my food to have flavor, and sadly this food did not. The only drink item's on the list was beer and wine, I asked the waiter is that all they offered, and he said they had margaritas. Why was that not on the list? I should not have to ask. I would not go back.
- Very nice, quiet meal. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Very nice, quiet meal. Food tasty, service was good, not great.
- The food was excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2012The food was excellent. We had the chicken fajitas--very flavorful and very tender, and a pork tenderloin dish with fried plantains--also excellent. Tortillas were delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- This is the first time we'veexplorerVIPDined on 5/26/2012This is the first time we've eaten there and we were very impressed. The service, food, and environment were most impressive.Special Features:
- Small, friendly place withmunchyDined on 4/21/2012Small, friendly place with nice patio. Three blocks away from the downtown restaurant scene- it is busy but not packed and not noisy and easy parking. One of few places for Central American food in Central County.Special Features:
- The restaurant staff especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2012The restaurant staff especially the owners were wonderful!! I loved our experience so much I will return on a regular basis!Special Features:
- Food was okay but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2012Food was okay but the service was erratic. We sat for awhile before anyone approached our table then four different servers approached us. Our dinners were served without the server asking which dinner belong to whom. I felt rushed. Start to finish- less than 45 minutes and no one acknowledged our departure. There was a large party in the other room and the noise level was barely tolerable. Don't think we will be going back.
- 2nd visit not as flavorful as 1st!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012OK mexican to take the kids to. Service attentive, chips/salsa complimentary. take extra sweater/jacket as it's quite chilly inside. found this to be the case on two visits now so not a one off! Food was not as flavorful as last visit. Had chicken paella, 1st time was pretty delish, this time was very, very, tame. Totally think they forgot any form of spice! Will probably not visit for a while based on that alone.Special Features:
- Service is stellar!! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/3/2012Service is stellar!! The food is fab! Our new goto for Mexican in WC!Special Features:
- Food was cold and not veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2011Food was cold and not very good. Coffee was cold. And it was pricey. Not worth it - this restaurant needs to either get better quickly or plan not to be in business long.
- 2 of the 4 of us were happyLbquilterDined on 11/18/20112 of the 4 of us were happy with what they ate. There weren't many choices for vegetarians. On that note alone, I wont go back. The restaurant wasn't full so several people waited on us, which made the service good (not perfect). I've been to many Mexican restaurants where I'd prefer to dine.