Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
600 S. Park Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.micasamexicanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9704532071x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am to 3pm
Dinner from 3pm
Happy Hour 3pm to 6pm DAILY in the cantina
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Bruce Carlton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 20 people or more dining at Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant & Cantina, we have created several unique menus. These menus accommodate a variety of different price ranges, and we are pleased to customize them to suit any occasion. To book a large party or special function, please contact Jen Cawley.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Cawley 9704531023x
- Special Events: Mi Casa's colorfully-decorated hacienda is the perfect venue to celebrate any occasion. From corporate lunches to rehearsal dinners, we offer private dining for groups of 20 to 200 guests. Our culinary team and service staff will do everything possible to ensure you and your guests experience great food and superior hospitality from the moment you step through the front door to the last bite of dessert. For special occasions and larger groups, we've created several unique menus which accommodate a variety of different price ranges. We are more than pleased to customize these to suit the needs of your party. To book your special event, please call Jen Cawley at 970.453.1023 or fill out the form below.
A word from Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
You will hear no complaints with Mi Casa as your dining choice. Using only the freshest ingredients, Mi Casa serves up some of the best Mexican Cuisine in the West. Bring the whole family to dine in our cozy Hacienda and enjoy fresh Mexican Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Consistent Food, Innovative MenustevecVIPDined on 9/28/2014(Nice view of the aspens!) One of our drop-in favorites when we are in Breck. Portions are huge, football Sunday activity in the bar and a good lunch that is the size of a dinner. Tough to make Open Table reservations as they block too much, so we usually make them while we are there. The restaurant was (except for the bar) mostly empty and we got one of our favorite tables.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014Try the pork carnitas. The dish was well-cooked and tasted homemade. The slaw, beans and rice were delicious accompaniments to the flavorful pork. Also, nice to have a couple of Mexican beers on draft. Our server was brand new, but acted like a pro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014I have to go to Mi Casa every time I am in Breck. The shrimp Diablo is to die for, and they often change the preparation every other year or so. Always wonderful!Special Features:
- MehRodrigoFSDined on 7/18/2014The service was spot on, zero complaints there (2 stars overall because of it). I was not a big fan of the meal as a whole. The food was bland and expensive for Mexican food. Dinner for 3, one shared appetizer and zero adult beverages came out to $80 with tip...mountain prices perhaps? The place was packed and stayed busy while there so many people do love the place. For my group this place is simply not a fit.
- BestLuv2eathealthyDined on 6/29/2014The half nachos w/chorizo were plenty for my Boyfriend and I. I had the best Mexican food, cheese enchilada w/queso sauce, chicken taco and rice and black beans. Wish they had healthier sides to eat. Such as grilled veggies, side salad for the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food and even better outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014We were up from Castle Rock for the weekend and found this place with some good reviews. We sat outside with great views of the lake and our server was fantastic. Loved the food and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chili RellenosSpartyPartyDined on 4/6/2014I love making Chili Rellenos, and theirs was one of the best I've ever had. I didn't love the Serrano sweet/spicy margarita, but it was still a solid happy hour marg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family and GF experience!GFMomDined on 3/24/2014We hadn't been here in years, but checked it out again after a tip from a friend. WOW! Husband loved the waiters reccomendation (chorizo stuffed chicken). Kids had fajitas and quesadillas - gave them an 11 out of 10! Kids also loved their virgin strawberry margaritas. I was floored by the number of gluten free options. I especially appreciated the GF chips available so I could enjoy the guacamole and queso with the family. Had the GF fajitas and they were yummy! Great beer selection too. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bartender, good foodJCStarnesVIPDined on 3/16/2014Perfect bar for the end of the ski day...lots of energy, hard working and fun bartenders, good food, and even better drinks!Special Features:
- Great&FriendlyluvmexDined on 3/10/2014Went w/another family, 8 in party. Sat in the back room overlooked frozen river, gorgeous view out the picturesque windows. The house margaritas w/agave were fantastic! The quacamole was ok served w/thick fried tortillas, which was too heavy for quac, we ate it w/chips, complimentary w/3 choices of salsa(freshly made). Chicken burrito was seasoned perfectly, &nachos were awesome, evenly distributed w/large amts of toppings. Another party in room had small children crying at times, but we were there early at 5pm so understand the dining hour. There were more intimate settings in the restaurant for every occasion, but we liked room we were seated, &the view was incredible! Would definitely return back here again! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Cuisine in the Mts.MissouriDinerDined on 3/5/2014We had a great dinner at Mi Casa! Mi Casa's menu is huge! Much more than tacos and burritos. We had a great view of the river and ice castles. Service was excellent and their menu recommendations were spot on. It looked like the restaurant was starting to get crowded so I would definitely recommend getting reservations. Our food choices - the chicken fajita chimichanga and the chili nut encrusted red trout. Yum! The dishes were perfectly prepared, generous portions, and the sides with the trout (plantains and black beans) were great. We will definitely eat here the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/23/2014As always, our return to Breck meant a trip to Mi Casa. Great dinner and service.
- Consistently good!MprhodesDined on 2/17/2014We are not regulars we live in Miami. We make sure we always have a meal here when we are in Breck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot!ElyssaADined on 2/16/2014We made late dinner reservations after a long day on the mountain and this restaurant was an excellent choice! The margaritas were excellent and the food was wonderful. We enjoyed every last bite and were completely stuffed. I Would definitely stop back when we return to Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Tasty Standard Mexican FareCentralDenverResidentDined on 2/12/2014Visited mid week in February 2014 for lunch. Clean. Good Service. Ingredients and preparation were fresh. Not as greasy as many U.S. style Mexican restaurants.
- Ok, but not great.Cherry2000Dined on 1/19/2014This place is ok, but not great. While not bad, I have had better Mexican food many times. Prices are a little high for the quality of the food, and our server was a bit too pushy with trying to upsell us on other items/upgrading the margaritas, etc. Service was also slow...waited about 20 minutes for a drink. I was through eating by the time it showed up. Overall it was an ok experience, but next time we would probably choose another restaurant. You could do worse, but you could probably also do better.
- :)love2eatVIPDined on 1/5/2014Delicious! Service was great! Hostess marked us a no show though even though we did show up. Usually not a big deal but I get points for dining out and almost lost the points for this reservation. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Family TogetherColoradoMikeVIPDined on 11/29/2013We all know that bringing the family together has to be carefully done. My wife and I, along with two grown sons, daughters-in-law and four grandchildren means lots of tastes, opinions and energy levels. Mi Casa is always a great choice because they cater to all levels, appetites and requests. Our waiter Kevin could not have been more professional, personable and knowledgable serving 10 people from 7 years old to 67. Great job to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCholland7811VIPDined on 8/30/2013Food is always great! During winter the après ski happy hour is always good. Usually very busy during that time though so snag a table fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSittingPrettyCODined on 7/24/2013Food was great, service was excellent, and even through prices are a bit high, the portions are quite generous. Not your typical Mexican experience; definitely a bit more exotic than you'd expect. Views of the mountains and river were outstanding! And, you can't go wrong with so many tequila choices!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service by Jason & Alex,OnesarVIPDined on 3/22/2013Great service by Jason & Alex, who made our guac table side ( 2 ways, for our kids and us!). Nice view, I enjoyed the shrimp bacon appetizer & the guac!!! Others had the fish tacos which were good but a tad fishy. Good options ( and pricing) for kids. Tastes goid but Didn't sit so well w/ me.Special Features:
- A gem inside a ski resort town!ColoradoMikeVIPDined on 3/1/2013This upscale Mexican Restaurant is special because it has not lost the focus of great food, great service, friendly atmosphere and real people just because it's in a ski resort town. It's the place the locals go for all that's great about dining.Special Features:
- Great spotCatherineprovVIPDined on 2/25/2013Great spot. Service could be a little friendlier and drinks could be made with a little but more attention but the restaurant is lovely and the atmosphere great.
- Great atmosphere, weak margsKJWDenverDined on 2/23/2013I went to Mi Casa with 7 women for our "Mom's" ski vacation. Mi casa provided a very festive setting. The wait staff was fun and attentive. Food was good, especially the table-side guacamole. My only complaint was the weak margaritas. I had 3, which would normally put me under the table, but barely felt anything. They were weak. Perhaps they lower the alcohol content to ensure the tourist don't get hammered. Other than that, I would recommend this place for a fun post-ski apre' or dinner.Special Features:
- Great for drinks but our dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2013Great for drinks but our dinners were all disappointing.
- Food was very good. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Food was very good. Server was excellent. The view from our table was amazing. We did not expect the experience we had from the visit, our expectations were highly exceeded.Special Features:
- Nice Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2013Great atmosphere and comfortable surroundings. The cocktails were great as were the appetizers. Our server, Russell, was attentive, friendly and accommodating for our friends with gluten allergies. The entrees was served promptly and were all outstanding. We sat next to a window and had a nice view of the Blue River. I would definitely recommend Mi Casa to friends and family.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful post ThanksgivinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012We had a wonderful post Thanksgiving lunch here on a family trip to Breckinridge with our oldest son. The menu was extensive, but one member of our party decided that he wanted an item not on the menu--Elk Tacos.The restaurant manager came out to discuss the exact preparation and they turned out to be perfect. That, along with the tasty Margaritas, made for a very special lunch. All in all, this is a very upbeat place with a staff that is willing to go the extra mile. You can't go wrong.
- I liked the three salsas thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2012I liked the three salsas that were served with the chips. Beyond that, the food was pretty underwhelming.Special Features:
- Two trips; once as a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2012Two trips; once as a couple and second with a large group. Service was excellent and very attentive both times. When just two of us we sat in the bar area and it was quite enough to talk, service was fast, food was really good. Second time in the large group we had a row of tables in the rear of the dining area overlooking the pond and dredge. Again, we had a great time and everyone enjoyed their meal. The drinks were served quickly, even when new arrivals showed up at different times. We were there in June and September so it wasn't the high season. During ski season when it is crowded the service might be different but we have had two very good meals there.Special Features:
- We are regular customers,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012We are regular customers, and recommended to visitors all the time. We enjoy the bar as well as the dining area for lunch and dinner. It is a great place to take the musicians when they are in town.Special Features:
- Always good food. ExcellentCholland7811VIPDined on 7/11/2012Always good food. Excellent happy hour with free munchies!Special Features:
- Great Mexican food find in Breck!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012Great place! We are in the Summit County area frequently for relaxation from the city and Mi Casa was a nice find for Mexican food. We were promptly greeted by the friendly hostess and were placed with a very personable waitress. The one notable thing about Mi Casa - the menu is great. They have all of the usual suspects of any sit down Mexican place but they also have their own take on Mexican cuisine and it was really very good. Suggest this place for dinner but I imagine lunch would be just as tasty and fun.Special Features:
- Excellent Breck Mexican RestaurantWayneDined on 6/23/2012Excellent food. The chili rellenos were outstanding. We enjoyed sitting outside. I highly recommend Mi Casa, and strongly recommend making a reservation in advance (which is easy with Open Table). If you are looking for Mexican food in Breck, this is it. We will be back.Special Features:
- We never miss a chance toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2012We never miss a chance to go to Mi Casa when we are in Breckenridge....it is a tradition. Of note is the restaurant's nod to gluten free meals. Our gluten free menu was waiting. However, I have never been there when it was not totally crowded. It is a haven for large groups with numerous kids. The hostess honored our request for a "quiet" table....as quiet as is possible in the popular restaurant. The margaritas are large with a questionable amount of tequila, but we found that ordering the tequila tasting was an interesting alternative to the calories. Mi Casa closes its availability to Open Table members between 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. They did seat us when we arrived early, around 8:15.Special Features:
- We liked it and recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012We liked it and recommended it to a group of 6 adults and 6 children who also liked it the following evening.Special Features:
- Matt was a great server excellentCatherineprovVIPDined on 3/10/2012Matt was a great server excellent with helping us with our choices. Get the table side guacamole!Special Features:
- Mi Casa is a Hit!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2012Aquave Margaritas were delicious!!!! Tableside quacamole was delicious. Loved the shrimp fajitas!!! Jason our server was wonderful. Great time, Great Food, Excellent Choice!!!Special Features:
- Yum yum yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2012Table side guacamole was fabulous. Love the agave margaritas. Can't wait to return! Bustling atmosphere and good food.Special Features:
- Great service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012Yummy Pomegranite Margarita, Great contemporary Carnitas, Fresh fish tacos!Special Features: