195 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mezzogiorno.com/
- Phone: 2123342112
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 12:00pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday: 12:00pm- 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Jerez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lorenzo or Nicola (212) 334-2112
A word from Mezzogiorno
Established in 1987 on the corner of Spring and Sullivan in the heart of Soho, Mezzogiorno has earned a reputation as one of New York's most alluring and genuine restaurants. Mezzogiorno’s exquisite menu is based on the authentic Florentine "cucina". A meticulous commitment to quality and detail is apparent in every dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezzogiorno reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (9)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MyrtleVIPDined on 10/8/2014Food is great but menu hasn't changed in years, both a good and a bad thingSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014Great service and quiet atmosphere allowed me to spend 3 hours catching up with an old friend. Never felt like they wanted to rush is out and food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotRGMTLDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, wait staff was very knowledgeable about the menu. The blackened pasta was really tasty and not overpowering. Apps, mains and deserts were all great. The wine was a little on the pricey side but not the end of the world. There was a limited selection of veal and chicken but what was on the menu was fabulous. I would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Good ItalianTall2dane1Dined on 9/12/2014Very good from entree selections to ambience. The appetizers are hit or miss. Artichokes were chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eve for dining alfrescoBingDingDined on 8/14/2014My son and I had a lovely time eating outdoors at Mezzogiorno. Ambience was great, service was great and the food was yummy. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for restaurant weekAdamDined on 8/8/2014I came here during restaurant week for lunch. It was not worth it at all. The food didn't have any taste to it. The desserts we ordered were not fresh, they were frozen for sure. I'm pretty certain that my fresh fruit salad was canned fruit. I wouldn't waste my money here again and neither should you.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My friends and I were planning a trip to NYC and we expected the restaurant to be busy so we very easily booked a reservation. We arrived a little before our reservation and were seated right away. A little time passed before we finally got menus and water. Then we got bread that was decent a little while later. It took forever for us to receive our meals and the waiter was not very friendly. However, the water boys kept the water constantly coming and tended to our needs. The food was decent, nothing special about it and the serving sizes were small. At the end I asked for change for the bill so I could tip her separately (I wasn't going to give a $20 tip) and she never brought it back until I asked another waiter. Overall not the best.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner at MezzogiornogailbDined on 8/2/2014Our party of six enjoyed our appetizers and dinner. Our server and his service were extremely professional. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mocoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Disappointed with the appetizer on the restaurant week menu. Overall good otherwise.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantYummy21Dined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed a beautiful summer evening sitting on the outside porch on spring street. The food was delicious - fresh and tastefully prepared. The servers could not be more pleasant. We all had the grilled fish platter and it was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ReturningNewYorkerDined on 7/26/2014This is a restaurant that I always go back to when in NYC. It's a great place to meet up with friends for dinner. The menu is a bit limited, but absolutely fine with me, and whatever is on the menu is always fresh and delicious. The wait staff is always great and never give me the feeling of being rushed through the meal and out the door. It's casual, but sophisticated and can be romantic and intimate, or accommodating for a small group of friends. It's a great place.Special Features:
- Delicious pasta pocketsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Similar to a raviolli filled with cheese and pear and served in a butter sauce. YUM. We had early dinner, not crowded, delicious food. Pizza was a great appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014The food was absolutely perfect and the service very attentive. Waitstaff needs to gain awareness of customer conversations and not interrupt every time someone is mid-stream in a conversation. Not good for a business lunch for that reason.Special Features:
- Perfect night for outside diningeperceVIPDined on 6/27/2014Everything was great, the manager and wait staff were overly accommodating to my numerous requests and there were 5 of us. I absolutely loved my pasta purses with pear, so simple but so divine, everyone else also greatly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Mezzogiorno reviews archive.
- always goodjenynyVIPDined on 6/10/2014This place is somewhere between "fit for foodies" and "neighborhood gem". I have eaten here for 20 years and it is always good, sometimes great. The wine list is a little pricey, but there is always a good bottle or two that is not. The food is always fresh, and the house made pastas are noticeably good. Free plate of little cookies whether you order dessert/coffee or not. Most of the staff is knowledgeable about the wines and food, and it is not a pretentious Soho kind of place. You can catch the action on Spring Street or sit outside on the quieter Sullivan Street and the staff won't forget about you just because you are outside ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.GoodfriendDined on 6/9/2014Food OK. Service fair, not very attentive. Waitress didn't pay attention to empty glasses, etc. Probably best for the pizzas, what they are known for. Don't expect great cuisine or artful cooking. Pasta was heavy. Fish entree was average. Go for the pizza rather than bigger meal. The tables that are at the edges between inside and outside are pleasant. They give the feeling of being outside but cleaner and less noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureJulesnBillDined on 5/25/2014Mezzogiorno has been around for ages and hasn't lost its charm. Special treats: The fried artichoke with pistachio appetizer and pear/cheese ravioli. But everything we ate was delicious, service warm and friendly, lovely space. It's particularly fine when the weather is warm and the entire restaurant feels like the outdoors.Special Features:
- FavoriteBrunchVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always a favorite! Wonderful service Great food Nice late night dinner spot!Special Features:
- DisappointingABianchi09Dined on 5/10/2014A wonderful spot with lovely outdoor sitting. It's more of a cafe/bar than a dining spot. The Italian fare is mediocre for the price.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoors and good foodPanthyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Very pleasant to sit in their tables outside. We shared some apps that were delicious, and tried their pasta and fritti misti, all very good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good Italian food in a nice hood!SilvagrlDined on 5/8/2014The food here is good, not the best but decent. The artichoke salad appetizer was very good. they are very accommodating with special requests. The service is very good, bus boy hovers a little too much but then it could be worse...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on quiet evening, Mezzogiorno =topsEurophileVIPDined on 4/23/2014My wife and I went at 7:30 on a cold, wet evening, mid-week, for the first time at Mezzogiorno. We were about 30 minutes before the room started filling up, we got a very nice table in the corner, the service was very quick, attentive, polite, and helpful, and we felt that the food was definitely on a par with some excellent memories of food in Rome. Both the wine (a terre de tuffo) and the dessert (zabaione) was really nice. No doubt on busier nights the experience would be more hectic, but on that cold, wet mid-week evening, Mezzogiorno was tops -- we have definitely marked this down as our "Soho" restaurant.Special Features:
- Mezzogiorno NYCHappyTummyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Delicious!Would go back next time we visit NYC! The tomato sauce is home made.Special Features:
- Always count on a good meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014A wonderful menu, so many options. Best Pizza. Food is always fresh and delicious! I have been going to Mezzogiorno for 15 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscany in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014The setting is effortlessly, unaffectedly beautiful, the blue awnings embracing the sidewalk, the tile on the floor so workmanlike, lighting and ambience lovely, the staff so fully committed to the moment, the tables so perfectly placed and spaced, everything arranged not for show but for a wonderful dinner, a wonderful moment. The food a celebration of life in the Tuscan and Roman styles, great care given to making everything fresh and combining fresh flavors in a manner that gives expression to each, the pasta delectable, at a level matched only by the pasta temples of New York (Luna Rossa, Osteria Morini, on my list) and of course the better places in Rome and Florence and Tuscany and maybe San Francisco, in my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a pleasure to visitBobMarshDined on 3/14/2014As always, a pleasure to visit & enjoy a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014I didn't expect this place to be so good after reading a few bad reviews. I went here for restaurant week with a few friends and I'm still thinking about the little pasta pouches I had with delicate pear and cheese mixture. SO good. I loved that they had a vegetarian option that was actually top notch, and not boring spaghetti or roasted vegetables. Everybody, including those who ate meat, enjoyed their food. The staff was also very nice and helpful. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDianePVIPDined on 3/6/2014Been here several times and always have a good experience. Decent wine list, delicious food, courteous staff, good location, reasonable prices, never feel rushed. I bring friends here and they always have good things to say. Great experience overall.Special Features:
- Awesome Food ExperienceDoniDined on 3/4/2014Food was delicious. I had the spinach ravioli in sage/butter sauce. It was delightful.Special Features:
- WonderfulZaraVIPDined on 2/23/2014Dining at Mezzogiorno is always a delicious treat! The food and the presentation was perfect. Service is always attentive. Dine at Mezzogiorno soon!Special Features:
- While booking the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014While booking the reservation for Valentines Day I was never made aware that the only menu offered that night was prix fixe and $65 each! The waitress didn't notify us of the included champagne either. Even for a tradiatonially served 4 course italian meal each course was exceptionally small. After $65 worth of fine dining you shouldn't be exploding at the seams but you should be full. Ambience was bismal and the staff was uneducated and ill mannered. I'm sure the place would be great for enjoying some wine and an appetizer but not worth spending a whole meal.Special Features:
- Great pastasFoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014The homemade saffron pasta with crabmeat was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here before andlinda49Dined on 12/31/2013I have been here before and love it. Wonderful food and service - everyone is so pleasant. I asked about a dish that wasm't on the menu and despite the fact that it was seasonal, they made it for me anyway. I will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- ExcellentRSKBVIPDined on 12/28/2013A great restaurant all around - food was outstanding!!!! Highly recommend !
- drews experiencedrewDined on 11/23/2013the restaurant was in a , thank younice relaxed soho setting, beautiful ambiance excellent service from host, and waiter, food was good, they even honored my request of having a rose at the table for me in all would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was terrific, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/14/2013Food was terrific, but service could have been much better.Special Features:
- OverratedDisappointedVIPDined on 11/7/2013Went on a quiet Thursday night, and was expecting much more based on many of the reviews. The place looks and smells tired, and the food was middle of the road, in no way justfying the price. Service wasn't awful, but the whole place appears to have lost its fastball.
- Soso in SohoTerriDined on 10/26/2013I recently went to Mezzogiomo with my sister to celebrate birthdays. I had the homemade saffron pasta with crab meat. Very generous portion but a bit on the dry side. My sister had the ravioli. Very tasty but a much smaller portion. Creme brule for dessert which was good. Our waiter, Michel, was very friendly. Overall pleasant but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good timeSoholoverDined on 10/18/2013Great food in a relaxed atmosphere. Sat outside with my granddaughter and enjoyed the passer-bys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMDCDAMDined on 9/21/2013We sat outside - great view, great service, great food. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.