401 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mezzela.com/
- Phone: 3106574103
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 11:00pm Friday and Saturday Late Night Dining: 11:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Micah Wexler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Mezze offers a private Chef's Tasting Table with seating for up to 18 people. Mezze can also accomomdate large sit down dinners of up to 120 guests for a buy-out or up to 170 guests for cocktails and passed hors d'oeuvres. Our space is also available for filming.
- Private Party Contact: LAURA ORNELAS 8778602532
- Special Events: We welcome the opportunity of hosting your next event, whether it be an intimate dinner in our Private Dining Room which seats 16, to a larger event in the Main Dining Room. Please contact Reservations at 310-657-4103 for more information.
A word from Mezze
"Mezze" is a series of small plates that is the staple of Eastern Mediterranean food culture. It is the symbol of conviviality, and time well spent with family and good friends. The traditions of mezze-style dining is the inspiration in creating Mezze's contemporary Mediterranean cuisine. We take the bounty of fresh product and local produce and combine them with the flavors and soul of the Mediterranean. Chef Micah Wexler brings this cuisine to life in a breath-taking, rustic environment designed by Waldo Fernandez. Mezze features an 80 bottle wine list, consisting of domestic and rare Middle Eastern wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezze reviews from OpenTable diners
- I understand they are closing.TamiDined on 10/27/2012I understand they are closing. I am sad and will miss them
- Tapas Mediterranean style,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2012Tapas Mediterranean style, interesting combinations-- snail hummus, yum!Special Features:
- I could live on their warmOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/23/2012I could live on their warm pita with honey and butter cooked in the woodstove. But every dish at Mezze is original and excellent and they change up the menu every so often. The flatbreads are all incredible and the unique spin on tabouleh (with bacon, lava beans, peas and almonds) is so good.Special Features:
- Second time here and we willlak1VIPDined on 10/22/2012Second time here and we will be back - this restaurant is so good.Special Features:
- We love the food and the service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/20/2012We love the food and the service. Great chef! Most accommodating staff!Special Features:
- PushyTexiforniansDined on 10/19/2012We ordered a bottle of wine and two plates each since we were unfamiliar with the food. Waiter told us we must order three plates each and all at the same time since it could take an hour for each plate. He was rude too. Big turn off. AND he was Not helpful explaining a rather odd menu.
- We came with a group of 6SandyrkVIPDined on 10/16/2012We came with a group of 6 people. A great way to sample this interesting, different menu. We loved it!Special Features:
- We six enjoyed our evening.cookieDined on 10/13/2012We six enjoyed our evening. The food was creative, well prepared and delicious. Our waitstaff young woman was charming, attentive and knowledgeable. We all agreed Mezze is worth returning to for a nice evening. The only negative we found was that it seemed the bill was added with tax and then the gratuity was then added, which is giving a tip on the tax! If this is the case, it is not really correct or fair to the guest and a bit devious.Special Features:
- great as always - too badOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2012great as always - too bad the construction site next door is dimming their signage!Special Features:
- WOW - this is special andlak1VIPDined on 10/12/2012WOW - this is special and different - we will be backSpecial Features:
- Arabic flavors with a modernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Arabic flavors with a modern twist. My favorites were the flat bread and the lamb risotto. Their bar tender knew what he was doing and I think I over heard that they make their own Bitters. A little pricey but still very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent unusual foodRochelleDined on 10/6/2012Excellent, unusual food. We have been there 4 times and it is always just great.Special Features:
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012This was one of the worst meals I have ever had. The food was practically inedible.
- Good food, not much elseMichaelVIPDined on 9/29/2012From our interaction with the hostess, to the end of our evening one of the poorest experiences I've had dining out this year. Mildly disinterested service, extremely long wait times between courses, not much menu description or no given reccomnedations, a glaring issue with the bill at the end of the meal. Bartender poured the beer in a strange and awkward way.. For a Saturday night and the restaurant being half empty, I would've expected different. Our waiter kept dissapearing for extended periods of time, and we watched the line cooks actually eating on the line and joke around with each other while we waited for our food. The food actually was not bad, which was the only saving grace.
- Mezze is always amazing -OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2012Mezze is always amazing - the food is great! The chopped liver is to die for! Was there for my birthday and it couldn't have been a better night!Special Features:
- Really good food and service.malinatrDined on 9/22/2012Really good food and service. Unfortunately, there is major constrction going on next door so you can't walk there very easily if coming from the Beverly Center. Also, the view of the street is less than appealing do don't go for the view or open air ambiance. My wife and I had the chef special, which is really good but a bit pricy.Special Features:
- Been twice and had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012Been twice and had a great meal each time. Steak last night was one of the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- Food is amazing. Octopus,NYCDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2012Food is amazing. Octopus, flat breads, eggplant, snails are all top notch. Noise from La Cienega Blvd. is overwhelming. They need to put in carpets or something to dull the noise. Makes having an elegant dinner and being able to hear your dinner conversation pretty impossible.
- I absolutely love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2012I absolutely love this place. It's one of my favorite places where I know I will ALWAYS get a great meal with wonderful flavors in a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice crowd, great food, good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012My wife and I shared 6 plates. They were all excellent and surprising except for the white trout which was boring. I would return (if I did not live in Canada).Special Features:
- In general, each dish iwasToddchowVIPDined on 8/18/2012In general, each dish iwas nicely seasoned and the flavors delicate and balanced, not your typical middle eastern/med. The turbot fillets were delicate and light, but cold. The deep-fried bones, however, were piping hot and perfect. There must be a way to keep the fish warm while the bones are frying. Vegetables, flat breads, lamb risotto, octopus all nice--but nothing was compelling and exciting like Turkish, Lebanese, and Syrian can be. Lovely Turkish iced coffee for dessert. Thought the space was gorgeous when it first opened, but was not thrilled with the food. After numerous accolades from the critics and reports from many friends about how terrific it had become, I finally went back. I still thought the space was beautiful.Special Features:
- What a great restaurant. FromMarkInLAVIPDined on 8/18/2012What a great restaurant. From the service which was outstanding,to the food which was equally outstanding, this place is a great experience. This was my second visit. I had forgotten how much we enjoyed everything we ordered. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the selections.Special Features:
- The restaurant itself is beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2012The restaurant itself is beautiful and everyone I encountered was super nice and helpful. The food was ok but I think I'd probably check out another place when back in the neighborhood. We ordered: Hashweh Risotto - A favorite but I wished it had more lamb in it. I think I only got one small piece. Mergeuz Flatbread - I think I was most disappointed in this since fellow reviewers consistently freaked out over it's awesomeness. It was nothing to write home about. Yellow Corn - Flavorful. Prawn Special - The tail was sautéed in butter and lime and the head was lightly floured and fried. Tails good, head meh. Churros - light. A little heavy on the cinnamon and bitterness of chocolate. Other dipping cream was delish.Special Features:
- Could not have been better.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2012Could not have been better. Squab and chopped liver were off the chart. Service was great too.Special Features:
- We had the Chef's Menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012We had the Chef's Menu and it was out of this world. Every dish was better than the last and the first dish was amazing.Special Features:
- We loved Mezze- the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012We loved Mezze- the food was superb. My husband and I enjoyed every bite and the flavors were unusual and delicate. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant tasty food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2012Nice restaurant tasty food, small portions as is the norm these days...return visit warrantedSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2012We had a wonderful and delicious evening. All the service was attentive, helpful and friendly. Loved it when owner greeted us and other guests to his restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fresh and clean Middle EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Wow! I was really blown away by the food at Mezze. Not traditional Middle Eastern, but all the favors are very familiar. A few stand outs were the sea urchin Cous Cous , the blue prawns, the whole snapper, and the yellow corn. We enjoyed a lovely bottle of Chatea Musar Rose from lebanon, which was the perfect complement. The service is efficient and friendly without being overbearing. And the room is intinamate and inviting. I will be making many return visits.Special Features:
- Great food. Very accommodatingMickeyRVIPDined on 7/25/2012Great food. Very accommodating to food issues. We wanted no shellfish or pork and several dishes we wanted were prepared around those restrictions. Very friendly and helpful service.Special Features:
- Dominated by a small platesEatHereDined on 7/24/2012Dominated by a small plates menu, the creative middle eastern dishes at Mezze are wonderfully flavored. Each bite is an explosion of taste. The flash-fried trout is extraordinary and the flat breads are top notch. Every dish is unique. Excellent staff provides superb direction in ordering the right balance that fits your culinary interests.Special Features:
- Waited, ungreeted at the doorOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2012Waited, ungreeted at the door for over 5 minutes. Then waited another 5-10 at the bar for the table...had a reservation and was on time. Apparently they were unstaffed for the evening. Not a good first impression for service. Food was interesting and our waitress was nice and friendly...clearly not her fault.Special Features:
- Love sitting in the kitchenEaterVIPDined on 7/23/2012Love sitting in the kitchen window and watching the chefs work. Interesting selection of middle eastern wines too.
- It has been a few months sincetarlaVIPDined on 7/22/2012It has been a few months since I dined at mezze and it still just doesn't do it for me. I find the food needs some more flavor and it is pretty expensive for what it is, i.e. 3 medium size shrimp in the shell (to look larger???) for $17
- Wonderful menu with deliciousHatterVIPDined on 7/21/2012Wonderful menu with delicious and beautiful dishes. Great for a groups to share a variety of small plates. And the service was stellar. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- great but expensiveMonaVIPDined on 7/21/2012We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but the 30 percent off dinner coupon we were using was a key to that enjoyment - this place is pricey for what you get. We used the coupon on the "chef's choice," which was clearly the best value. This gave us around 6 different dishes, some of them quite generous. I had a wonderful rum drink, with the word "zombie" in the name. We particularly enjoyed the trout, which was light, flavorful, and slightly crispy, the octopus (not at all tough or chewy), the lamb risotto, and the smoked salmon, which came with delicious lightly toasted extra thin slices of rye. All the food seemed very fresh, and there was wonderful use of vegetables. Our server was attentive, friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Although the service at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012Although the service at the bar was incredible (great customer service at the bar), once I was seated at my table our waiter wasn't that attentive. My friend and I ordered the chef's selections and if those dishes were what the chef recommended I dare not go back. The food was less than flavorful, seemingly thrown together and since when did churros become a mediterranean delicacy? I was anxious to taste what Mezze had to offer but will not be going back for the food.Special Features:
- Not a good value for the money.gourmandDined on 7/18/2012Not a good value for the money. Waitstaff and reception were polite and attentive (unusual in Los Angeles)but the food cost : value was poor. Frankly, these weren't "mezze" plates so much as "bites". This is a fancy place struggling to be fine and casual dining simultaneously and not achieving either mode. Add to it the inauthentic touches to dishes (hey, these are classics for a reason) and I've got no reason to rush back. Not bad, you understand, just not especially good or memorable for the price. We would just as soon go to Sunnin to relax, and eat well at half the cost.
- I'm grateful to see more MediterranMcChungVIPDined on 7/17/2012I'm grateful to see more Mediterranean/North African cuisine these days. It can be like tapas, it's communal, you get to taste many different things. The friendly waiter suggested the chef's menu as an option for $60 per person. What resulted was a parade of about 7 dishes, a decent array of what the kitchen offers (including house-smoked salmon, fennel salad, flatbread, quail, roasted corn, and cheesecake). The most interesting bit was the wine list. It's not every day that one gets to try Moroccan and Lebanese wine.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2012I love this restaurant. The food is just spectacular (and unusual, if you're in the mood for something different)Special Features: