Mezze Bistro + Bar
777 Cold Spring Road (Route 7)
Williamstown, MA 01267Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mezze Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mezzerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4134580123
- Hours of Operation:
SUMMER DINNER HOURS: Sunday + Monday: 5 - 9 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5 - 10 pm, Friday + Saturday: 5 - 11 pm ||| NON-SUMMER DINNER HOURS: Sunday - Thursday: 5 - 9 pm, Friday + Saturday: 5 - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joji Sumi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From one-of-a-kind weddings and museum galas to dinner parties and cocktail receptions, Mezze Bistro, in partnership with Mezze Catering + Events, provides exceptional event planning and design, and flawless execution. Our company works with the finest, most reliable vendors in the industry. We provide personalized service crafting customized menus of seasonal foods prepared from scratch and are committed to the local food movement providing a wide range of fresh, seasonal foods from neighboring family farms in the Berkshires and surrounding region.
- Special Events: Mezze Bistro + Bar hosts special events for organizations, companies and individuals.
- Cross Street: 777 Cold Spring Road (Route 7)
- Public Transit: For public transportation within Berkshire county, contact Berkshire Regional Transportation Authority (BRTA) at (413) 499-2782 or (800) 292-2782. Williamstown is also served by Peter Pan Bus (800-343-9999) and Bonanza Bus (800-343-9999) companies.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a large parking lot in front of the restaurant on Cold Spring Road (Route 7), with several handicap access spaces at the top of the hill adjacent to the restaurant entrance.
A word from Mezze Bistro + Bar
Mezze Bistro + Bar serves New American cuisine with a seasonal menu focusing on local, farm-fresh ingredients and features an exceptional, well-chosen wine list to accompany dinner offerings. The restaurant is located 1.5 miles southwest of Williamstown on Route 7 and serves dinner nightly beginning at 5 p.m. A member of Slow Food of Western MA and Berkshire Grown, the full-service restaurant is part of Mezze Restaurant Group, committed to the local food movement highlighting the best of the season in support of independent farmers and artisan producers using sustainable practices. Mezze Restaurant Group also includes Allium Restaurant + Bar of Great Barrington and Mezze Catering + Events, which provides full-service event design and planning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mezze Bistro + Bar - Best Restaurants in Williamstown ›
Mezze Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (88)romantic (54)scenic view (52)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- I'm going back!bertrandofyorkDined on 9/13/2014Refined, superb-tasting appetizers and entrees. Great wine choices. This place is a big deal.Special Features:
- ReviewValerieVDined on 9/12/2014Portions were small, "small plates" being really small so although the flavors were interesting and appealing, one had to make sure you didn't miss a dab of sauce or the one bay leaf that accompanied one dish. A dish listing the major ingredient as potatoes contained three tiny potatoes. If it listed watercress as an ingredient, you didn't really see watercress. It seemed not suited to be called a Bistro. The waitstaff seemed pre-occupied and not really attentive, they were efficient, for the most part, not particularly informative or interested in one's dining experience, which started when they dropped the menus on the table to which we were directed and took off.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Mezze is a great place! The menu is interesting with creative interpretations of seasonal dishes. The staff is welcoming, attentive and very knowledgeable about food and beverages. All of these factors combine to make it one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezzo falls flatGraceWasGreatDined on 9/5/2014I knew we were in trouble when the person who seated us didn't seem happy to see us. Next, we were seated by the bar with no alternative seating available. We should have sat at the bar until a better table opened up. The food was good but not exceptional as the pricing would suggest . Service was impeccable but couldn't overcome the rest of the experience. Next time we are in Williamstown we will try somewhere else.
- A real findCLHDInEDined on 9/4/2014The food is the star here. Each dish was inventive and delicious. There were excellent vegetarian dishes and the desserts were divine. The dining room was comfortable and attractive and the service professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014I found the menu "too precious" and it was difficult to make a choice. the food was excellently prepared, but menu too limited
- Delightful food, and experiencezachbarryDined on 9/2/2014Food is excellent, making use of local ingredients put together with imagination and flair. The menu isn't long, but sufficiently varied to satisfy almost anybody's tastes and needs. The surroundings are very pleasant - country chic, which is to say an old house tastefully redone, with modern touches.Special Features:
- Great farm to table restaurantDonnerDined on 9/1/2014We really enjoyed returning here. We ate here two years ago and the food was just as we remembered well prepared with fresh local ingredients! Lovely location!Special Features:
- Mezza-Mezza (so-so)bigjoewokDined on 8/30/2014This is a lovely restaurant with a few flaws. First we had a 7:45 reservation; at 8:00 we were told by our waitress that one of the specials was close to being sold out (strange to run out at 8 pm). We ordered the appetizers and found out they were out of one of our selections. However the appetizers that we ordered were delicious. Luckily we were able to grab one of the last specials and 1/2 hour later out meal appeared in stages. With two dishes coming out and 4 minutes later two more. Alas, 2 of the dishes were cold, one of our party was very hungry and ate his, and voila, the steak dish we ordered and send back came back 30 seconds later at the proper temperature (pre-made?).Special Features:
- Needs some work.MikotoDined on 8/29/2014Picked two pasta dishes, very good for both. Only one fish on the menu; an uninspiring choice at that. Should be at least two fish/seafood choices on the menu. Deserts were a disappointment; nothing with chocolate. Single malts very overpriced.Special Features:
- lawmanlawmanVIPDined on 8/29/2014While the food was outstanding, I will not be back again for some time, if at all. The person at reception was more interested in talking to another individual (maître 'd, owner?) than us, and in the people waiting behind us, even more. We waited 10 minutes for our drink order--two glasses of wine. After serving our entrees, we didn't see our waitress again until she was ready to take our dessert order, which we declined. The most competent person in the restaurant was the young woman who kept our water glasses full, took away our plates and wrapped our leftovers. Such a pity.
- Berkshire delightSande1Dined on 8/29/2014When visiting the Clark museum, Williams college or mass moca, dining at mezze will deliciously end your day. Our group shared 10 out of the 14 offered starters and dined well. The octopus, the hen of the wood, and the kale salad and corn velouté stood out as superb. The burrata with anchovy sauce was the only disappointment. No need for a main dish. The bread was good, the service attentive and we had a great meal.Special Features:
- been there 3X in two weeks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014The food was excellent, fresh ingredients cooked to perfection with spices and flavors that enhanced every dish. Had arctic char,octopus, and kingfish... all excellent, as well as other appetizers that were delicious. The wines by the glass were very good and reasonable for a sophisticated but not fussy meal, and the bartender does a great job on mixed drinks. The desserts were quite good but not as wow as the other parts of the meal. The ambience was very comfortable and relaxing. Tables had enough separation to hear each other at the table. Our meals with a drink averaged $100 plus for two, not unreasonable for the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a 'locals' point of viewAmenFarmDined on 8/25/2014We were a party of four, two couples who hadn't seen each other recently and wanted to have a good chance to talk. The noise level was so high that we were nearly hollering at one another. We all had the local sirloin and all four of us found that the mushroom sauce was much too salty. I had the oysters as a starter and asked to have them served with lemon. The taste was delicious but they were warm, not chilled. In sharp contrast the waitstaff was attentive, helpful and very professional.
- Tasty food, great servicesunshineDined on 8/25/2014We had a 6 pm reservation on a Monday evening. Our service was attentive and prompt. We ordered only main entrees: no starters, desserts, or alcohol. Our Arctic char was tender and tastefully served over ratatouille. Our mushroom orecchiette pasta was likewise flavorful. Not being purists, we would have preferred that the olive oil served with the warm crusty bread had been enhanced with some fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. The ambiance in the restaurant was sophisticated yet comfortable. It was a pleasure conversing over a meal without having to raise our voices. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Nicely put together menu of good versions of current trends -- eg, kale salad --and well put together main dishes; bar room pleasant, sound absorbing, comfortable and well lit. Staff alert and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place but food just oknsnyDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting the area for the weekend and decided to try Mezze based on great reviews. The restaurant was very pretty, and the staff was very friendly and attentive. We thought the food was fine but not remarkable. We tried a chicken dish and a number of small plates. Also, our chairs were so dirty that we had to sit on our napkins. I will probably try a different place next time I'm in the area. I did enjoy the visit to the restaurant for reasons other than the food (ambiance, very nice place, and friendly).Special Features:
- Terrific staffbrooklinegalDined on 8/22/2014Staff is attentive and caring but not intrusive. Food is locally sourced and carefully prepared. good range of dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu limitedClarkloverVIPDined on 8/21/2014The choices are few and there is no accommodation for food allergies. Do not bother if you are gluten-free.
- I dont see what the fuss is aboutluv2dineDined on 8/20/2014Nearly all of the locals said this place was the best restaurant in the land. I thought it was just average. The waitress was not engaged and the food was just OK.
- It Keeps Getting BetterBilzoDined on 8/17/2014This is the third year in a row that we've wound up our vacation with a dinner at Mezze. I can honestly say that the food keeps getting better. The first year we ate there, we didn't care for the food, especially the dessert, but the atmosphere and the location kept us coming back. Sunday night's meal was first rate, the small plates were fabulous. We had the heirloom tomatoes, the octopus, the corn soup and the barratta (sp?). Even my picky ten year old found things to love. The bar is great. Our server was super efficient and very nice. We sat at the best table ever, a corner booth kind of thing. It was like private dining. I officially love this place. I still don't love dessert, but it keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WritertypeVIPDined on 8/14/2014The house has been converted into two delightful dining rooms. The menu was nicely curated (you can tell we were in town to see the new Clark and the shows at MASS MoCA) and our choices were delicious: gazpacho, pork loin, chicken breast with foraged chanterelles and fava beans among the farro, and panna cotta shared for dessert (one of us was extremely full). The service was attentive and friendly without being being intrusive. It's a very pleasant place to spend an evening in a charming, rural town.Special Features:
- Excellent for mid-summer eve in augMacarini2UDined on 8/12/2014Creative, well chosen wine list closely matched with the menu. Knowledgeable staff - attentive but not intrusive. Menu includes variations on sturdy classics - a tender Wagyu steak wtih sauteed hen of the woods mushrooms bathed in an intense wine sauce, deeply flavored ragu of braised pork shoulder and fennel sausage served with handmade garganella pasta. Starters - a tender braised and grilled baby octopus tentacle served over a deconstructed panzanella salad. An unexpected treat. The desserts featured a sensual milk chocolate milk pudding topped with Cocoa Nib Soil and Mint ice cream and a hard to find Cocchi Barolo Chinato and totally satisfying aromatic press coffee. A very enjoyable evening in the Berkshires.Special Features:
- Back to formAldogDined on 8/11/2014Great to know the Mezze of the past 4-5 years is back in true farm to table glory! Culinary-wise this is the best thing going in at least 50 square miles. Friendly staff, upscale yet accessible ambiance, and creative, delicious dishes sourced from all kinds of nearby farms. Yeah! I'm a wannabe Regular of this spectacular Berkshire County restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestVIPDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful spot! We arrived too early for our reservation, at a very busy time, but the most pleasant young woman at the front desk was able to seat us. And what a meal! We started with the Warm Fingerling Potatoes (delicious!) and then had the Charred Zucchini & Summer Squash (perfect and so fresh, really the essence of Summer) and the Garganelli Pasta (my husband loved it!). Each staff member was friendly, helpful, and kind. We cannot wait to return. Lots of places claim to be "farm to table" but I felt Mezze Bistro actually is and just so good. Thank you!Special Features:
- sadStponlooseDined on 8/10/2014our pasta was overcooked, meat was gristly and fatty..and everything was very salty. Perhaps we just hit a bad night? We had really looked forward to our meal and it has a wonderful ambience. The staff was exceptional-I hope this was just one bad night!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerberkshirefarmerDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time at Mezze. We have been there multiple times before and always come back because the food is outstanding! This visit was similarly wonderful for a birthday celebration. Thanks to our waitress for buying a birthday beer and the chef for a tasty and satisfying meal.Special Features:
- BerkshiresgoodeatsDined on 8/9/2014A very nice, comfortable restaurant. A small menu, but we thoroughly enjoyed each item we ordered. Our waitress was outstanding.Special Features:
- Shockingly badJulietVIPDined on 8/8/2014This has to be one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. The food was so dreadful. We go out all the time and this was outstandingly bad. No complaints about the service. She tried hard. First course...roasted corn covered with glop. My husband and I were both a mess. Server brought extra napkins and a finger bowl. Would have been better unenhanced. Then I had a really bland pasta dish. My husband ordered their steak..a very odd looking piece of meat and hard to chew. It was on a bed of more corn. We did not order dessert..just wanted to leave. They did bring two cookies and they were dry and tasteless. It is hard to mess up
- Daily menuNoshersDined on 8/8/2014You have to be prepared to choose from a limited number of choices, depending on what the chef finds at the market that day...there is no definite menu that you could depend on. This might be good for some, but for those who need to consider food that is spiced, or other needs, this could be problematic. Our group of six people had trouble finding entrees that accommodated their tastes.
- mezzajazz08Dined on 8/7/2014The food was exceptional. Whoever the chef is for this summer season has prepared a memorable meal. Also the service was excellent, a young woman from Williams. We were going to the theater at Williams and the Mezza is known to make sure your meal is serviced in a timely manner. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Not up to par this visitOldFilthDined on 8/6/2014Menu seems more tilted toward vegetarians than on previous visits. Service was inattentive. Food was delicious, but the overall experience was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for EveryoneDEK315Dined on 8/5/2014The server was very good to see that we were done at the appropriate time to make the show at the WTF. The menu struck me as pretentious and very limiting. No substitutions on any dish. People with specific food needs might need to take out a meat or shellfish component to the dish. All desserts, except for the sorbet, contained dairy so not appropriate for the lactose intolerant. The sorbet consisted of one small scoop. Instead of a biscotti or gourmet cookie, they tossed 4 tasteless, tiny wafers on a plate. The main course, the Atlantic Char, was tasty. I just think there should be an offering or two for people with plainer tastes.Special Features:
- Bjf924VIPDined on 8/4/2014they ran out of some items by 7:30pm…too soon! And, not enough non meat choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2014A oerfect way to end a day exploring Williamstown. Worth the drive for a wonderful and delicious night out.Special Features:
- Small portions, high priceGfrom413Dined on 8/3/2014Very tasty food but wicked small portions. Also very pricey for what you get. Service wasn't outstanding either. Don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentMJHGDined on 8/2/2014dining at Mezze is always a highlight of visits to WilliamstownSpecial Features:
- Perfect for pre theatreBetsyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Lovely setting and imaginative menu of very local products. Seats quite a few people, but acoustics are good so having conversations is not difficult.Special Features:
- So Different!AiveliraDined on 8/1/2014WONDERFUL spot up on the hill with a beautiful view. The food is OUTSTANDING!!! We had an appetizer with wild mushrooms, duck leg, and an egg - indescribably good. The entrees were lovely and so fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely meal in the BerkshiresBob47Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent meal served in a dining room which felt very open due to entire wall of windows with outside balcony seating. We chose to eat inside and the experience was perfect from very friendly and helpful wait staff to delicious and beautifully prepared food. For a snack the sriracha fried chickpeas were addictive and enough for four. We didn't finish them. Grilled corn, served on the cob, had a wonderfully seasoned butter and was plated in 3 pieces so it was easy to eat. Pasta with pork was very tasty with more meat than pasta. Would return if near Williamstown again.Special Features: