Mezze Bistro + Bar
777 Cold Spring Road (Route 7)
Williamstown, MA 01267Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mezze Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mezzerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4134580123
- Hours of Operation:
SUMMER DINNER HOURS: Sunday + Monday: 5 - 9 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5 - 10 pm, Friday + Saturday: 5 - 11 pm ||| NON-SUMMER DINNER HOURS: Sunday - Thursday: 5 - 9 pm, Friday + Saturday: 5 - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joji Sumi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From one-of-a-kind weddings and museum galas to dinner parties and cocktail receptions, Mezze Bistro, in partnership with Mezze Catering + Events, provides exceptional event planning and design, and flawless execution. Our company works with the finest, most reliable vendors in the industry. We provide personalized service crafting customized menus of seasonal foods prepared from scratch and are committed to the local food movement providing a wide range of fresh, seasonal foods from neighboring family farms in the Berkshires and surrounding region.
- Special Events: Mezze Bistro + Bar hosts special events for organizations, companies and individuals.
- Cross Street: 777 Cold Spring Road (Route 7)
- Public Transit: For public transportation within Berkshire county, contact Berkshire Regional Transportation Authority (BRTA) at (413) 499-2782 or (800) 292-2782. Williamstown is also served by Peter Pan Bus (800-343-9999) and Bonanza Bus (800-343-9999) companies.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a large parking lot in front of the restaurant on Cold Spring Road (Route 7), with several handicap access spaces at the top of the hill adjacent to the restaurant entrance.
A word from Mezze Bistro + Bar
Mezze Bistro + Bar serves New American cuisine with a seasonal menu focusing on local, farm-fresh ingredients and features an exceptional, well-chosen wine list to accompany dinner offerings. The restaurant is located 1.5 miles southwest of Williamstown on Route 7 and serves dinner nightly beginning at 5 p.m. A member of Slow Food of Western MA and Berkshire Grown, the full-service restaurant is part of Mezze Restaurant Group, committed to the local food movement highlighting the best of the season in support of independent farmers and artisan producers using sustainable practices. Mezze Restaurant Group also includes Allium Restaurant + Bar of Great Barrington and Mezze Catering + Events, which provides full-service event design and planning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mezze Bistro + Bar - Best Restaurants in Williamstown ›
Mezze Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)special occasion (86)romantic (51)scenic view (40)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (16)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Weird menu and terrible serviceKMACVIPDined on 10/18/2014Bad and inattentive attitude and service. Complicated and not user friendly menu. Mediocre food. Seemingly unhappy and unfriendly staff. Several times we had to ask bussers to locate our waitress for attention.
- Always delightfulzachbarryDined on 10/18/2014Excellent, innovative menu. Based on locally sourced ingredients, imaginatively deployed. Have eaten here often this summer, and always found it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Our party was struck by the food's inventiveness and yumminess - top food experience. Food is pitch perfect, honest with an interesting and unpretentious quality. Our server Alex was very helpful with choosing the wine and food, and has a charming, sunny personality.Special Features:
- DisappointingChicagoanVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Mezze previously and liked it, but this trip was disappointing. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful but didn't take our order for at least half an hour, even after we asked another server to get her. We had service problems throughout the evening and our server kept taking care of other tables; she would be nearby and we couldn't even catch her eye--- I resorted to waving two hands above my head to get her attention. We were a party of 6, and dishes came out unevenly, i.e. someone was always left out of the service at each course, finally being served when others were halfway (or totally) done. As to the food-- uneven, with some items more successful than others. Apps were best. ask about cooking technique.
- wonderful, creative foodpattihDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday evening. Be warned that the GPS coordinates are off; luckily we spotted the sign, which is hard to see in the dark. Mezze's parking area is very small. We had to park in the back where there is no lighting. The menu is very creative and uses locally sourced foods. We ordered 4 small plates to share plus dessert and it was plenty for the two of us. Both wines we had were good and the food was outstanding. The only negative was the service which was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Mezze is showcasing exciting small plates that are innovative and beautifully executed by Chef Nick Moulton. On the evening of October 12 the Fall dinner menu from light to heavy was inspired. Our choices: delicate squash veloute was exquisite; the carrots with rye berries and radish was delightfully earthy, and the meatballs with a smoky tomato sauce was hearty and delicious. Mezze is always a special pleasure, both relaxing and refreshing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was way over-priced with small portions. What's the deal with the waitress coming over to give everyone just ONE little slice of bread... this restaurant was simply that stingy! And the food itself was bland and I would not go back again. Spent about $60 a person (no alcohol) and was left still hungry.Special Features:
- Would Go AgainUrbaniteVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went for dinner following the Charcuterie Trail article in Berkshire Magazine. We had a wonderful, well paced meal. Every dish was delicious and the wine list was well paired to go with the food. I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as usualonebizzylizzyDined on 10/10/2014There aren't many restaurants in the area, but this one is definitely at the top of the list! My duck breast was wonderful and the appetizers were delish. I have eaten at Mezze twice...both meals were outstanding.Special Features:
- best in WillliamstownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014This is the best restaurant in Wiliamstown, bar none. The atmosphere is lovely and the food is top notch - fresh farm to table and ever changing. The wine list is especially good, with unusual finds and lots of organic choices. The service is knowledgable and friendly but very slow. Expect to spend the evening or tell them up front if you have time constraints.Special Features:
- not worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014We (3 of us) arrived early--6:10--when it wasn't too busy. It took a while to place a drink order and even longer to receive our drinks. Once our food order was placed we needed to ask for bread at least twice...dinner didn't actually arrive until one hour after we'd given our order. But others around us who had come in later seemed to have their meal. The wait staff were inattentive and when questioned, chalked our problem up to a "computer error." If there had been an error, it would have been appropriate to comp us in some way or appear like they cared. Unfortunately, the attitude was just that: attitude. Not worth the $$$$$!
- TravelerDined on 9/29/2014Inventive New American cuisine, warm candlelit room, music too assertiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townLib5Dined on 9/28/2014We had a lovely evening, very creative menu. Knowledgable waitstaff. Very special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014appreciate the fresh local fare and the original & delicious vegetarian options~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodlvrDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant experience was a disaster. We were squeezed between a birthday party of 30 people and a full and active bar. Such an event should never have been held in a public room on a Friday night. The noise level was deafening and conversation at our table was impossible. We ate only one course and fled so it was difficult to evaluate or enjoy the food. We will never return.
- YUMbb22Dined on 9/26/2014Always love mezze, i have gone twice in the past three weeks and each time it has been delightful!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Small and large plates, inventively created and tastefully prepared, using locally grown produce, poultry, and meats.Special Features:
- Exceptional foodClintDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful favors. Heirloom tomato Small Plate was truly outstanding. Pork Loin with Spaghetti Squash entrée was equally impressive. One of the best meals I've had in years. Nice ambiance and excellent service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SwitzerdaneVIPDined on 9/23/2014The duck confit appetizer was one of the best dishes I've ever tasted! The arctic char that followed was nearly as good. This place is a treasure!
- Wonderful!DeeDeeDiVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had a lovely evening at Mezze Bistro&Bar. Delicious, creative, food. Beautifully prepared and nicely presented. Our server, Alex, was a delight. She was pleasant, informative and attentive without being interfering.Special Features:
- I'm going back!bertrandofyorkDined on 9/13/2014Refined, superb-tasting appetizers and entrees. Great wine choices. This place is a big deal.Special Features:
- ReviewValerieVDined on 9/12/2014Portions were small, "small plates" being really small so although the flavors were interesting and appealing, one had to make sure you didn't miss a dab of sauce or the one bay leaf that accompanied one dish. A dish listing the major ingredient as potatoes contained three tiny potatoes. If it listed watercress as an ingredient, you didn't really see watercress. It seemed not suited to be called a Bistro. The waitstaff seemed pre-occupied and not really attentive, they were efficient, for the most part, not particularly informative or interested in one's dining experience, which started when they dropped the menus on the table to which we were directed and took off.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Mezze is a great place! The menu is interesting with creative interpretations of seasonal dishes. The staff is welcoming, attentive and very knowledgeable about food and beverages. All of these factors combine to make it one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezzo falls flatGraceWasGreatDined on 9/5/2014I knew we were in trouble when the person who seated us didn't seem happy to see us. Next, we were seated by the bar with no alternative seating available. We should have sat at the bar until a better table opened up. The food was good but not exceptional as the pricing would suggest . Service was impeccable but couldn't overcome the rest of the experience. Next time we are in Williamstown we will try somewhere else.
- A real findCLHDInEDined on 9/4/2014The food is the star here. Each dish was inventive and delicious. There were excellent vegetarian dishes and the desserts were divine. The dining room was comfortable and attractive and the service professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014I found the menu "too precious" and it was difficult to make a choice. the food was excellently prepared, but menu too limited
- Delightful food, and experiencezachbarryDined on 9/2/2014Food is excellent, making use of local ingredients put together with imagination and flair. The menu isn't long, but sufficiently varied to satisfy almost anybody's tastes and needs. The surroundings are very pleasant - country chic, which is to say an old house tastefully redone, with modern touches.Special Features:
- Great farm to table restaurantDonnerDined on 9/1/2014We really enjoyed returning here. We ate here two years ago and the food was just as we remembered well prepared with fresh local ingredients! Lovely location!Special Features:
- Mezza-Mezza (so-so)bigjoewokDined on 8/30/2014This is a lovely restaurant with a few flaws. First we had a 7:45 reservation; at 8:00 we were told by our waitress that one of the specials was close to being sold out (strange to run out at 8 pm). We ordered the appetizers and found out they were out of one of our selections. However the appetizers that we ordered were delicious. Luckily we were able to grab one of the last specials and 1/2 hour later out meal appeared in stages. With two dishes coming out and 4 minutes later two more. Alas, 2 of the dishes were cold, one of our party was very hungry and ate his, and voila, the steak dish we ordered and send back came back 30 seconds later at the proper temperature (pre-made?).Special Features:
- Needs some work.MikotoDined on 8/29/2014Picked two pasta dishes, very good for both. Only one fish on the menu; an uninspiring choice at that. Should be at least two fish/seafood choices on the menu. Deserts were a disappointment; nothing with chocolate. Single malts very overpriced.Special Features:
- lawmanlawmanVIPDined on 8/29/2014While the food was outstanding, I will not be back again for some time, if at all. The person at reception was more interested in talking to another individual (maître 'd, owner?) than us, and in the people waiting behind us, even more. We waited 10 minutes for our drink order--two glasses of wine. After serving our entrees, we didn't see our waitress again until she was ready to take our dessert order, which we declined. The most competent person in the restaurant was the young woman who kept our water glasses full, took away our plates and wrapped our leftovers. Such a pity.
- Berkshire delightSande1Dined on 8/29/2014When visiting the Clark museum, Williams college or mass moca, dining at mezze will deliciously end your day. Our group shared 10 out of the 14 offered starters and dined well. The octopus, the hen of the wood, and the kale salad and corn velouté stood out as superb. The burrata with anchovy sauce was the only disappointment. No need for a main dish. The bread was good, the service attentive and we had a great meal.Special Features:
- been there 3X in two weeks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014The food was excellent, fresh ingredients cooked to perfection with spices and flavors that enhanced every dish. Had arctic char,octopus, and kingfish... all excellent, as well as other appetizers that were delicious. The wines by the glass were very good and reasonable for a sophisticated but not fussy meal, and the bartender does a great job on mixed drinks. The desserts were quite good but not as wow as the other parts of the meal. The ambience was very comfortable and relaxing. Tables had enough separation to hear each other at the table. Our meals with a drink averaged $100 plus for two, not unreasonable for the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a 'locals' point of viewAmenFarmDined on 8/25/2014We were a party of four, two couples who hadn't seen each other recently and wanted to have a good chance to talk. The noise level was so high that we were nearly hollering at one another. We all had the local sirloin and all four of us found that the mushroom sauce was much too salty. I had the oysters as a starter and asked to have them served with lemon. The taste was delicious but they were warm, not chilled. In sharp contrast the waitstaff was attentive, helpful and very professional.
- Tasty food, great servicesunshineDined on 8/25/2014We had a 6 pm reservation on a Monday evening. Our service was attentive and prompt. We ordered only main entrees: no starters, desserts, or alcohol. Our Arctic char was tender and tastefully served over ratatouille. Our mushroom orecchiette pasta was likewise flavorful. Not being purists, we would have preferred that the olive oil served with the warm crusty bread had been enhanced with some fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. The ambiance in the restaurant was sophisticated yet comfortable. It was a pleasure conversing over a meal without having to raise our voices. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Nicely put together menu of good versions of current trends -- eg, kale salad --and well put together main dishes; bar room pleasant, sound absorbing, comfortable and well lit. Staff alert and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place but food just oknsnyDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting the area for the weekend and decided to try Mezze based on great reviews. The restaurant was very pretty, and the staff was very friendly and attentive. We thought the food was fine but not remarkable. We tried a chicken dish and a number of small plates. Also, our chairs were so dirty that we had to sit on our napkins. I will probably try a different place next time I'm in the area. I did enjoy the visit to the restaurant for reasons other than the food (ambiance, very nice place, and friendly).Special Features:
- Terrific staffbrooklinegalDined on 8/22/2014Staff is attentive and caring but not intrusive. Food is locally sourced and carefully prepared. good range of dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu limitedClarkloverVIPDined on 8/21/2014The choices are few and there is no accommodation for food allergies. Do not bother if you are gluten-free.
- I dont see what the fuss is aboutluv2dineDined on 8/20/2014Nearly all of the locals said this place was the best restaurant in the land. I thought it was just average. The waitress was not engaged and the food was just OK.