Mezze Bistro + Bar
777 Cold Spring Road (Route 7)
Williamstown, MA 01267Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mezze Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mezzerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4134580123
- Hours of Operation:
SUMMER DINNER HOURS: Sunday + Monday: 5 - 9 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5 - 10 pm, Friday + Saturday: 5 - 11 pm ||| NON-SUMMER DINNER HOURS: Sunday - Thursday: 5 - 9 pm, Friday + Saturday: 5 - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joji Sumi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From one-of-a-kind weddings and museum galas to dinner parties and cocktail receptions, Mezze Bistro, in partnership with Mezze Catering + Events, provides exceptional event planning and design, and flawless execution. Our company works with the finest, most reliable vendors in the industry. We provide personalized service crafting customized menus of seasonal foods prepared from scratch and are committed to the local food movement providing a wide range of fresh, seasonal foods from neighboring family farms in the Berkshires and surrounding region.
- Special Events: Mezze Bistro + Bar hosts special events for organizations, companies and individuals.
- Cross Street: 777 Cold Spring Road (Route 7)
- Public Transit: For public transportation within Berkshire county, contact Berkshire Regional Transportation Authority (BRTA) at (413) 499-2782 or (800) 292-2782. Williamstown is also served by Peter Pan Bus (800-343-9999) and Bonanza Bus (800-343-9999) companies.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a large parking lot in front of the restaurant on Cold Spring Road (Route 7), with several handicap access spaces at the top of the hill adjacent to the restaurant entrance.
A word from Mezze Bistro + Bar
Mezze Bistro + Bar serves New American cuisine with a seasonal menu focusing on local, farm-fresh ingredients and features an exceptional, well-chosen wine list to accompany dinner offerings. The restaurant is located 1.5 miles southwest of Williamstown on Route 7 and serves dinner nightly beginning at 5 p.m. A member of Slow Food of Western MA and Berkshire Grown, the full-service restaurant is part of Mezze Restaurant Group, committed to the local food movement highlighting the best of the season in support of independent farmers and artisan producers using sustainable practices. Mezze Restaurant Group also includes Allium Restaurant + Bar of Great Barrington and Mezze Catering + Events, which provides full-service event design and planning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mezze Bistro + Bar - Best Restaurants in Williamstown ›
Mezze Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (76)romantic (52)scenic view (50)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- It Keeps Getting BetterBilzoDined on 8/17/2014This is the third year in a row that we've wound up our vacation with a dinner at Mezze. I can honestly say that the food keeps getting better. The first year we ate there, we didn't care for the food, especially the dessert, but the atmosphere and the location kept us coming back. Sunday night's meal was first rate, the small plates were fabulous. We had the heirloom tomatoes, the octopus, the corn soup and the barratta (sp?). Even my picky ten year old found things to love. The bar is great. Our server was super efficient and very nice. We sat at the best table ever, a corner booth kind of thing. It was like private dining. I officially love this place. I still don't love dessert, but it keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WritertypeVIPDined on 8/14/2014The house has been converted into two delightful dining rooms. The menu was nicely curated (you can tell we were in town to see the new Clark and the shows at MASS MoCA) and our choices were delicious: gazpacho, pork loin, chicken breast with foraged chanterelles and fava beans among the farro, and panna cotta shared for dessert (one of us was extremely full). The service was attentive and friendly without being being intrusive. It's a very pleasant place to spend an evening in a charming, rural town.Special Features:
- Excellent for mid-summer eve in augMacarini2UDined on 8/12/2014Creative, well chosen wine list closely matched with the menu. Knowledgeable staff - attentive but not intrusive. Menu includes variations on sturdy classics - a tender Wagyu steak wtih sauteed hen of the woods mushrooms bathed in an intense wine sauce, deeply flavored ragu of braised pork shoulder and fennel sausage served with handmade garganella pasta. Starters - a tender braised and grilled baby octopus tentacle served over a deconstructed panzanella salad. An unexpected treat. The desserts featured a sensual milk chocolate milk pudding topped with Cocoa Nib Soil and Mint ice cream and a hard to find Cocchi Barolo Chinato and totally satisfying aromatic press coffee. A very enjoyable evening in the Berkshires.Special Features:
- Back to formAldogDined on 8/11/2014Great to know the Mezze of the past 4-5 years is back in true farm to table glory! Culinary-wise this is the best thing going in at least 50 square miles. Friendly staff, upscale yet accessible ambiance, and creative, delicious dishes sourced from all kinds of nearby farms. Yeah! I'm a wannabe Regular of this spectacular Berkshire County restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestVIPDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful spot! We arrived too early for our reservation, at a very busy time, but the most pleasant young woman at the front desk was able to seat us. And what a meal! We started with the Warm Fingerling Potatoes (delicious!) and then had the Charred Zucchini & Summer Squash (perfect and so fresh, really the essence of Summer) and the Garganelli Pasta (my husband loved it!). Each staff member was friendly, helpful, and kind. We cannot wait to return. Lots of places claim to be "farm to table" but I felt Mezze Bistro actually is and just so good. Thank you!Special Features:
- sadStponlooseDined on 8/10/2014our pasta was overcooked, meat was gristly and fatty..and everything was very salty. Perhaps we just hit a bad night? We had really looked forward to our meal and it has a wonderful ambience. The staff was exceptional-I hope this was just one bad night!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerberkshirefarmerDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time at Mezze. We have been there multiple times before and always come back because the food is outstanding! This visit was similarly wonderful for a birthday celebration. Thanks to our waitress for buying a birthday beer and the chef for a tasty and satisfying meal.Special Features:
- BerkshiresgoodeatsDined on 8/9/2014A very nice, comfortable restaurant. A small menu, but we thoroughly enjoyed each item we ordered. Our waitress was outstanding.Special Features:
- Shockingly badJulietVIPDined on 8/8/2014This has to be one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. The food was so dreadful. We go out all the time and this was outstandingly bad. No complaints about the service. She tried hard. First course...roasted corn covered with glop. My husband and I were both a mess. Server brought extra napkins and a finger bowl. Would have been better unenhanced. Then I had a really bland pasta dish. My husband ordered their steak..a very odd looking piece of meat and hard to chew. It was on a bed of more corn. We did not order dessert..just wanted to leave. They did bring two cookies and they were dry and tasteless. It is hard to mess up
- Daily menuNoshersDined on 8/8/2014You have to be prepared to choose from a limited number of choices, depending on what the chef finds at the market that day...there is no definite menu that you could depend on. This might be good for some, but for those who need to consider food that is spiced, or other needs, this could be problematic. Our group of six people had trouble finding entrees that accommodated their tastes.
- mezzajazz08Dined on 8/7/2014The food was exceptional. Whoever the chef is for this summer season has prepared a memorable meal. Also the service was excellent, a young woman from Williams. We were going to the theater at Williams and the Mezza is known to make sure your meal is serviced in a timely manner. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Not up to par this visitOldFilthDined on 8/6/2014Menu seems more tilted toward vegetarians than on previous visits. Service was inattentive. Food was delicious, but the overall experience was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for EveryoneDEK315Dined on 8/5/2014The server was very good to see that we were done at the appropriate time to make the show at the WTF. The menu struck me as pretentious and very limiting. No substitutions on any dish. People with specific food needs might need to take out a meat or shellfish component to the dish. All desserts, except for the sorbet, contained dairy so not appropriate for the lactose intolerant. The sorbet consisted of one small scoop. Instead of a biscotti or gourmet cookie, they tossed 4 tasteless, tiny wafers on a plate. The main course, the Atlantic Char, was tasty. I just think there should be an offering or two for people with plainer tastes.Special Features:
- Bjf924VIPDined on 8/4/2014they ran out of some items by 7:30pm…too soon! And, not enough non meat choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2014A oerfect way to end a day exploring Williamstown. Worth the drive for a wonderful and delicious night out.Special Features:
- Small portions, high priceGfrom413Dined on 8/3/2014Very tasty food but wicked small portions. Also very pricey for what you get. Service wasn't outstanding either. Don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentMJHGDined on 8/2/2014dining at Mezze is always a highlight of visits to WilliamstownSpecial Features:
- Perfect for pre theatreBetsyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Lovely setting and imaginative menu of very local products. Seats quite a few people, but acoustics are good so having conversations is not difficult.Special Features:
- So Different!AiveliraDined on 8/1/2014WONDERFUL spot up on the hill with a beautiful view. The food is OUTSTANDING!!! We had an appetizer with wild mushrooms, duck leg, and an egg - indescribably good. The entrees were lovely and so fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely meal in the BerkshiresBob47Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent meal served in a dining room which felt very open due to entire wall of windows with outside balcony seating. We chose to eat inside and the experience was perfect from very friendly and helpful wait staff to delicious and beautifully prepared food. For a snack the sriracha fried chickpeas were addictive and enough for four. We didn't finish them. Grilled corn, served on the cob, had a wonderfully seasoned butter and was plated in 3 pieces so it was easy to eat. Pasta with pork was very tasty with more meat than pasta. Would return if near Williamstown again.Special Features:
- MemorablereviewerVIPDined on 8/1/2014One of the most memorable meals we have ever had. Delicious, different, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousmimiDined on 7/31/2014The place was lovely . Service wonderful and food good. Desserts small but good. Pork dinner tasy but fatty. Appetizers very nice. Over all very good experienceSpecial Features:
- Williamstown.healthy.gourmetluvhealthygourmetDined on 7/31/2014Mezze Bistro merits top honors for the quality of cuisine, aesthetics, and presentation. All four of our dinners offered a rare combination of farm to table freshness, nutrition, excellent preparation, and delightful tastes. The expansive green, hillside site is absolutely beautiful and tranquil What's not to like?!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Mezze is the real deal. It is consistent and the standards never flag. Thank you for always delivering a memorable dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food deserves great servicenycgrannyVIPDined on 7/28/2014No one can argue with the lovely setting and wonderful cuisine at Mezze, but we were extremely disappointed at the service. After a nice greeting by the hostess, during which we mentioned the birthday of one of our diners, and were assured it would be passed onto the server, we were shown to our table. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the food, but forgot who ordered what, forgot a request for a second drink, served the "snack" after the appetizers, only after being reminded, and certainly forgot the birthday mention. Let's hope the management issues are addressed, for everything else is in place to make this a wonderful dining spot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014When we attend the Williamstown Theatre Festival, it is our always our Saturday night dinner spot! If we lived closer, we would be regulars: the food is exquisite, the staff friendly,but not intrusive, the view, especially from he bar area, is breathtaking. The wine selection is very good although the 'pour' could be a bit more.Special Features:
- Delicious in WillaimstownneighborVIPDined on 7/26/2014Mezze has always been very good, but this season's menu is truly excellent and special. Every farm to table dish is delicious and has pure fresh flavors. It's a laid-back, fun place with serious unpretentious food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not friendlyNicknameVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good; a limited menu, but everyone in our party found something to his or her taste, and the wine list has nice choices (not inexpensive) whether by the glass or bottle. The emphasis was on local foods (and, to my delight, on locally foraged mushrooms on our night). On the negative side, the greeters at the restaurant give off the distinct impression that you are lucky to be able to eat there; not quite impolite, but certainly not friendly or helpful. The waitress, I hasten to add, was quite friendly and helpful. We normally eat here when we're at the Williamstown Theatre Festival, but I think we'll look for other options.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!NewburyportfoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our second trip to Mezze. Although we hit the restaurant at an incredibly busy time, as part of the pre-theater crowd, our server managed to get us out at the promised time and the food was wonderful. The atmosphere seemed a little stressed, but I would attribute this more to the large parties of rude and demanding diners than any shortcoming on the part of the kitchen or staff. My only disappointment was that we didn't have time for dessert . . . next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner at MezzeSMKSDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner for two at Mezze. We found the list of appetizers to be more interesting than the main courses, so we put together a selection of small plates and nothing disappointed. Standouts included the sriracha chickpeas, cherry tomato salad, octopus - exquisitely tender, mushrooms with egg, and kale caesar salad. We'd love to go again!Special Features:
- Limited menu, not customer friendlyClarkloverVIPDined on 7/20/2014I used to love going to this restaurant, but no more. The menu is extremely limited. If you are vegetarian or gluten-free, forget it. The owners of this restaurant, who also own Allium in Gt Barrington, have developed a menu for a certain population. There are no substitutions if you have food allergies or sensitivities. I suggest you check out the menu before making a reservation to assure there is something you want.
- Overpriced, trying too harddinnerdelightDined on 7/20/2014We had dinner with a friend in Williamstown. We have eaten at Mezze before and also ate at the same location many times when the name was Le Jardin. We have always liked this restaurant, but were disappointed this time. They are trying so hard to be special and high end, that the menu came off to us as just strange or odd. I like to order a main course and be served a salad as part of the meal. The "starters" were all rather odd to us. My husband felt this even more so. We ordered the beef, and it was good though a little chewy and fatty. Our guest ordered fish and again said it was good. The deconstructed deserts were very over priced and odd. What happened to normal good food?Special Features:
- Going downhillHawkeyeDined on 7/20/2014A friend and I dined here two years ago after attending the Wiilliamstown Theatre Festival - it was excellent! We dined here again last year after a performance at the WTF - it was very good. This year we found it just OK - limited menu and some of the items were a bit pricey - e.g. some Ricotta-like cheese on toast with carmelized onions - $10.
- Loved MezzeHappyDiner25Dined on 7/19/2014We had an excellent and beautifully prepared meal at Mezze. We were in Williamstown to see the newly renovated Clark Museum and to attend a concert at Tanglewood. The food was delicious from start to finish, the service was mostly terrific, and the restaurant was beautifully decorated. We had a lovely evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was good - only problem, 2 pasta dishes came out cold. Waitress not around, so one just ate it. Finally flagged down bartender and he took the remaining plate in to be warmed. Service was good at first. The food was pretty tasty though! I'd go back.
- WowtheGuysDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were fantastic. We did a deal where we all ordered but then split everything so we all tried several different dishes and WOW they were so amazing. Our server was really great, very attentive and yet not intrusive. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Love...WelovetoeatDined on 7/18/2014We've eaten at Mezze quite a few times now, and it's always a highlight for us. We live about an hour a way, and always look forward to days at the Clark Art Institute or at MassMoCA--in no small part because it almost always means that we'll have dinner at Mezze, too!Special Features:
- Nice dining experience!BarbDined on 7/17/2014Third time dining here. Very nice service and most of the food was exceptional. The zucchini dish was particularly good. Avoid the steak. The appetizers were really very good. Nice ambience. We will return on our next visit to the area.Special Features:
- Small menu, outstanding deliveryameliasgrandmaVIPDined on 7/16/2014I first thought the menu looked a bit short, but we found ourselves having a hard time deciding on exactly what to select. We most likely could have chosen anything, and had a great meal. The garganelli with lamb and pork was incredibly flavorful, as was the octopus, and my husband's pork loin was perfect. I even enjoyed the bits of kale in the garganelli! Service was excellent and the evening proceeded smoothly and memorably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal; room for better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent meal - lived up to the hype. But service was not as attentive as fits the price (e.g., wine by the glass came nearly at end of our main course, with no recognition of the situation at hand). Lack of coordination between wait staff and bar, and wait staff and support (the young woman who brings around the bread - which was excellent, BTW).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.