Mezze - Baltimore
1606 Thames St.
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Mezze - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kalismezze.com/
- Phone: 4105637600x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm – closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Off-premise catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: For casual, memorable private parties, look no further than Kali’s Mezze. Our staff will be delighted to help plan a unique Mediterranean menu that’s sure to please your guests. Say the word, and we’ll also help arrange for audio-visual equipment, flowers, or whatever else is required to create the perfect event. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Losin 410-276-4700 x
A word from Mezze - Baltimore
Come and enjoy Mezze's Mediterranean cuisine. Our menus are based on market fresh seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezze - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (30)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)hot spot (10)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great food. Excellent tapas. Great for couples or 4, would be a little loud for larger groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting worse day after day...HEC2Dined on 10/3/2014Once upon a time, Mezze was a place serving good, really good food. Worst fried calamari ever consumed... My next visits will probably be for the bar only, if friends really insist on going there.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 9/27/2014We love Mediterranean food & eat it often. This may have been some of the worse hummus we've ever eaten. We ordered 3 appetizers and shared an entree. We enjoyed the grilled calamari the most. All the other dishes were disappointing. Service was poor. Our waiter was really polite and wanted to do a good job but the restaurant was packed and they didn't have enough wait staff. He was truly "running" the entire night. But, we had to wait for drinks, we had to wait for water, we had to wait for bread, we had to wait for the food. Finally we had to ask for our last dish to be served. He was really humping so we felt bad for him but our service was poor. The ambiance is lovely so we really wish the food had been better. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Romantic!MMilesVIPDined on 9/26/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great experience!Special Features:
- MouseDined on 9/21/2014Best bartender in Fells, great happy hour! Used to live in the area and hands down my favorite foodie spot!Special Features:
- The best tapas!!IslandgirlDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is at the top of my list for Baltimore. Delectable food and outstandind service! Will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014excellent tapas , been coming here every time in Fells pointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 9/13/2014First time at Mezze. Liked it so much came back next day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See and be seen kind of placeSpencerDined on 9/6/2014Went to Mezze with my SO to have dinner with another couple. Mezze is currently located inside of the neighboring Kali's Court for renovations. This was actually handled really well by the restaurant, although I do wish they would have informed us before we arrived. Inside it was very, very dark, and very, very loud. We were seated right by the entrance. Our table faced a loveseat on one side. To sit down and get up, the table had to be moved. An incredibly bizarre choice. Also, we were so close to the entrance that people waiting for a table were basically leaning over the back of the loveseat while we were trying to dine. Food was excellent, service was slow but appropriate for a group dinner. Prices very reasonably for high quality!Special Features:
- Disappointed Loyal PatronRoanalemDined on 8/31/2014My wife & I were sorely disappointed in the service at Mezze during our most recent visit, which saddens us to say given the fact that we have enjoyed multiple, delicious meals at this restaurant since discovering it about 2 years ago. Unbeknownst to us, Mezze recently moved in with its parent restaurant, Kali's Court, which meant a shared menu along with the shared space. The staff clearly wasn't prepared for the demand created by fusing the 2 together. Our server ignored us (our water glasses sat empty for 45 minutes), and it took us 45 minutes to get our tapas order of chicken kabobs (3 small skewers!), but only after I tracked our server down & demanded our check. I'd stay away until Mezze is an independent restaurant again.
- suprisingly poorgreekchicDined on 8/29/2014I was so disappointed when I went to Mezze this past weekend. I have to first start off by saying I have been going there for many years and even had my bachelorette party there. I recommend it to many friends and clients. The weekend we went I had friends in from D.C. and New jersey, the restaurant had recently combined two restaurants and our service was so slow that it took us almost 3 hours to eat. Our waiter kept telling us the kitchen was backed up b/c of the merge. In my opinion if an owner is going to merge two very busy restaurants, they probably should have planned for a busier kitchen on a Friday evening. My guests were less than impressed and I was embarrassed.Special Features:
- Amazing tapas!MMilesVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went here for a business meeting and was wildly impressed. We had a table by the window that opened into the courtyard at Kali's - a perfect way to spend a summer evening. Definitely worth asking to be seated there if you have an opportunity. All of the food was absolutely delicious - must get the fried calamari. The Baba Ghanoush was probably the best I've ever had in Baltimore. Our waiter, Andrew, was wonderful and gave excellent descriptions and suggestions for both food and wine. We had a great time and the experience certainly exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Horrible service, OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I went to dinner with a group of 5 on a Saturday night. The restaurant was crowded and they had combined Mezze and Kali's Court due to a renovation at Mezze but the menu was the normal Mezze menu. We ordered drinks that took over an hour and we asked multiple times for a status update. They were out so many food and drink items that we had to keep altering our order. The server was very stressed but extremly unprofessional and not knowledgeable of the food. Overall, a very bad experience. The food was OK, nothing special but the ambience is very nice and a good spot in fells.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner!CrescentfolkVIPDined on 8/10/2014The cusine and service were excellent! We recommend the Mezze highly.Special Features:
- Bit disappointing...foodieforeverDined on 8/9/2014We were looking forward to Mezze for lunch based on the reviews. With no air conditioning, the room felt stuffy. As it was restaurant, the waitress suggested the taster menu at $30pp including a taster dessert. The food was decent, but not as good as we had heard. Our party paid extra for the lamb chops, but were disappointed as they were very salty. The zucchini fritters were somewhat greasy side and the spanakopita were plain. There was FAR too much food. Later, we heard another waitress tell to a table to split the taster menu-one per two people with perhaps an extra side because it was too much food. Lastly, the waitress brought the check without even offering the tasting dessert. We did pay for it so she should have offered it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mediterranean TapasTRSchroDined on 8/7/2014We ate at Mezze for Restaurant Week, and ordered the prix fixe menu for two. The menu offered a well rounded selection of cold appetizers, hot appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Our favorites were the Tzatziki, spinach pie, zucchini fritters, and beef/lamb meatballs. The calamari was also very good, with a nice light breading. All of the desserts were wonderful, but we loved the fresh Baklava and the baked custard in phyllo the best. We liked the upstairs dining room better than the downstairs bar area, but we were looking for something a little more romantic than a bar setting. They also offered tables outside, but we did not want to deal with the foot traffic on a busy Thursday night.Special Features:
- Under seasoned foodXinCDined on 8/6/2014We went for restaurant week. Overall, the quality of the food was OK but the second course - stuffed pepper and grape leaves were tasteless. It seemed like the chef forgot to season the rice. They tasted bland.
- CynthiaDined on 8/3/2014Very good dining experience as usual. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to find yourselfJAHADined on 8/3/2014Mezze is a gem of a Mediterranean restaurant serving light, fresh, sumptuous fare in an atmosphere merging sexy lounge and opulent dining with garden splendor. The Restaurant Week deal was fantastic, and the Branzino, though a tad overcooked, was quite delicious. I quite enjoyed my desert, which came with an unpronounceable name and which, given its texture and structure, I can only describe as a Greek Tiramisu. The staff was warm and attentive. Overall, I'd recommend Mezze to anyone wishing to enjoy a lovely dinner that allows you to walk away feeling light, fresh and gastronomically satisfied.Special Features:
- love city lifeLuv2dinewineVIPDined on 8/3/2014great food and friendly service will come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekLakelifeladyDined on 8/2/2014We went to Mezze during Restaurant Week. The fixed menu had one of everything for each for us. The choices were a delicious sample of the menu and we loved every morsel! Really tasty food and we will definitely go back. The service for a cocktail was slow. The kitchen got a bit backed up and there was a long wait between second serving and the meat platter. Even with the small negatives, we will be repeat diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We went for restaurant week and although the food was good, we had about a bite of each thing. The menu was slightly deceiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group funOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Had a great night with friends, the small plates let you taste and share lots of items, and I highly recommend sharing a carafe of their sangria. Service was outstanding, even on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchVirtualPilgrimVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great for brunch and a stroll around Fells Point. Each dish was enjoyable and nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYJeanneWDined on 7/3/2014loved sharing so many delicious plates! we knew dinner would be good, but it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates BIG Taste!KrisDined on 6/28/2014My fiance and I have dined at Mezze many times but the food during this experience exceeded all others. We dined on a Saturday evening and the food was served relatively fast. The baked pita chips were warm and as always, delicious. We ordered tzatziki to go with them. it was creamy, with wonderful dill accents and the tangy flavor went great with the pita. We ordered the shrimp raki, chicken kabobs, chicken Tigania, Beef Tenderloin Stifatho and the best one of all the Pastitsio. The waiter explained the difference in flavors of the chicken to us and he was very accurate.The food was phenomenal! Wonderful flavors and textures that made every bite something special. Our service was great as well but the A.C. temperature was a bit cold..Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceLytiDined on 6/22/2014Mezze was so great we went twice in our four day trip to Baltimore. Great Tapas and prices. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 481 reviews are from the Mezze - Baltimore reviews archive.
- AimeDined on 6/20/2014AMAZING FOOD!!! Every plate was superb and service was fantastic! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatCiciVIPDined on 6/19/2014Mezze remains one of our favorite Baltimore restaurants. The small plates are outstanding, the variety is huge and the service always attentive without being intrusive. That, combined with the great location in lively Fells Point makes this a winner every time.Special Features:
- Gift cards not welcomeMikeyDined on 6/19/2014We had 2 $30 gifts cards. We told the waitress, and she said we could use one of them. Huh? What of we had one $60 gift card? We did, of course tip on the total cost of the meal (there were four of us so the total was upwards of $170.00). The host was very nice. The food was pretty good, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/10/2014Have been many times to Mezze and have always had a great experience. The food is always wonderful and the service usually exceptional. This time the waitress was not friendly at all. She clearly thought she was doing us a favor to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Small PlatesJakeDined on 6/2/2014If you're into small plates, they have plenty of options, fish, meats & vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Dined with another couple and everything was really good. There's a lot of different dishes to choose from and we chose 12 different ones to share. It was enjoyable,relaxed and we were not rushed through our meal. This was our second visit to Mezze and I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas & seafoodPhillyHubDined on 5/16/2014Without being overly expensive, Mezze serves up some great tapas with a wide range of seafood options. In fell's point, you would expect great seafood and I wasn't let down. I thought the best thing we had was the portobella mushrooms and the mussels. However, I would have liked to try the stuffed peppers and they were out for the night.Special Features:
- Bad food worse serviceCateydidDined on 5/10/2014We went for a girls night out. From the beginning we were made to wait for our server to come. Once our food came out, the raw oysters were deflated and warm. When we complained the waiter just said that they shuck to order. :/ the other dishes were just ok and we were very disappointed with the food and the service.
- Tasty DinnerCCseattleDined on 5/8/2014Read great reviews about the food and ambiance. It deserves all the accolades it has received. We loved the food the table upstairs by the window looking down on the cobble streets. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Serving size not as good as before $9.00 for 3 fried oysters?? Server not very attentive - Disappeared for long periods of time Had 6 different mezzes and server never offered to change plates
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/18/2014Hummus was watery- both baskets of pitas were ice cold. Took forever to get any service. Dont frequent during happy hour- I think they forgot about us upstairs.
- Perfect for date nightAnneBDined on 4/18/2014The menu was extensive and everything we ordered was delicious, including the dessert. Our waitress was attentive and made excellent suggestions for our meal.Special Features:
- First DateSharkhntrDined on 4/5/2014I loved every aspect of this experience except that the waitstaff and management continued to allow a "bachelorette party" with a table of 8 intoxicated girls to be loud and obnoxious in a very small, upstairs dining area of only 6 tables. It was so loud that I had to lean in to hear any of the conversation with the person sitting right beside me. When I brought it to the attention of the waitstaff, he said they would be leaving soon which translated into about 15 more minutes of boisterous activity. The atmosphere of this restaurant was not one for such parties and I was extremely disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.