Mezze - Baltimore
1606 Thames St.
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Mezze - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kalismezze.com/
- Phone: 4105637600x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm – closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Off-premise catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: For casual, memorable private parties, look no further than Kali’s Mezze. Our staff will be delighted to help plan a unique Mediterranean menu that’s sure to please your guests. Say the word, and we’ll also help arrange for audio-visual equipment, flowers, or whatever else is required to create the perfect event. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Losin 410-276-4700 x
A word from Mezze - Baltimore
Come and enjoy Mezze's Mediterranean cuisine. Our menus are based on market fresh seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezze - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (20)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- suprisingly poorgreekchicDined on 8/29/2014I was so disappointed when I went to Mezze this past weekend. I have to first start off by saying I have been going there for many years and even had my bachelorette party there. I recommend it to many friends and clients. The weekend we went I had friends in from D.C. and New jersey, the restaurant had recently combined two restaurants and our service was so slow that it took us almost 3 hours to eat. Our waiter kept telling us the kitchen was backed up b/c of the merge. In my opinion if an owner is going to merge two very busy restaurants, they probably should have planned for a busier kitchen on a Friday evening. My guests were less than impressed and I was embarrassed.Special Features:
- Amazing tapas!MMilesDined on 8/26/2014Went here for a business meeting and was wildly impressed. We had a table by the window that opened into the courtyard at Kali's - a perfect way to spend a summer evening. Definitely worth asking to be seated there if you have an opportunity. All of the food was absolutely delicious - must get the fried calamari. The Baba Ghanoush was probably the best I've ever had in Baltimore. Our waiter, Andrew, was wonderful and gave excellent descriptions and suggestions for both food and wine. We had a great time and the experience certainly exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Horrible service, OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I went to dinner with a group of 5 on a Saturday night. The restaurant was crowded and they had combined Mezze and Kali's Court due to a renovation at Mezze but the menu was the normal Mezze menu. We ordered drinks that took over an hour and we asked multiple times for a status update. They were out so many food and drink items that we had to keep altering our order. The server was very stressed but extremly unprofessional and not knowledgeable of the food. Overall, a very bad experience. The food was OK, nothing special but the ambience is very nice and a good spot in fells.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner!CrescentfolkVIPDined on 8/10/2014The cusine and service were excellent! We recommend the Mezze highly.Special Features:
- Bit disappointing...foodieforeverDined on 8/9/2014We were looking forward to Mezze for lunch based on the reviews. With no air conditioning, the room felt stuffy. As it was restaurant, the waitress suggested the taster menu at $30pp including a taster dessert. The food was decent, but not as good as we had heard. Our party paid extra for the lamb chops, but were disappointed as they were very salty. The zucchini fritters were somewhat greasy side and the spanakopita were plain. There was FAR too much food. Later, we heard another waitress tell to a table to split the taster menu-one per two people with perhaps an extra side because it was too much food. Lastly, the waitress brought the check without even offering the tasting dessert. We did pay for it so she should have offered it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mediterranean TapasTRSchroDined on 8/7/2014We ate at Mezze for Restaurant Week, and ordered the prix fixe menu for two. The menu offered a well rounded selection of cold appetizers, hot appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Our favorites were the Tzatziki, spinach pie, zucchini fritters, and beef/lamb meatballs. The calamari was also very good, with a nice light breading. All of the desserts were wonderful, but we loved the fresh Baklava and the baked custard in phyllo the best. We liked the upstairs dining room better than the downstairs bar area, but we were looking for something a little more romantic than a bar setting. They also offered tables outside, but we did not want to deal with the foot traffic on a busy Thursday night.Special Features:
- Under seasoned foodXinCDined on 8/6/2014We went for restaurant week. Overall, the quality of the food was OK but the second course - stuffed pepper and grape leaves were tasteless. It seemed like the chef forgot to season the rice. They tasted bland.
- CynthiaDined on 8/3/2014Very good dining experience as usual. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to find yourselfJAHADined on 8/3/2014Mezze is a gem of a Mediterranean restaurant serving light, fresh, sumptuous fare in an atmosphere merging sexy lounge and opulent dining with garden splendor. The Restaurant Week deal was fantastic, and the Branzino, though a tad overcooked, was quite delicious. I quite enjoyed my desert, which came with an unpronounceable name and which, given its texture and structure, I can only describe as a Greek Tiramisu. The staff was warm and attentive. Overall, I'd recommend Mezze to anyone wishing to enjoy a lovely dinner that allows you to walk away feeling light, fresh and gastronomically satisfied.Special Features:
- love city lifeLuv2dinewineVIPDined on 8/3/2014great food and friendly service will come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekLakelifeladyDined on 8/2/2014We went to Mezze during Restaurant Week. The fixed menu had one of everything for each for us. The choices were a delicious sample of the menu and we loved every morsel! Really tasty food and we will definitely go back. The service for a cocktail was slow. The kitchen got a bit backed up and there was a long wait between second serving and the meat platter. Even with the small negatives, we will be repeat diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We went for restaurant week and although the food was good, we had about a bite of each thing. The menu was slightly deceiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group funOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Had a great night with friends, the small plates let you taste and share lots of items, and I highly recommend sharing a carafe of their sangria. Service was outstanding, even on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchVirtualPilgrimDined on 7/6/2014Great for brunch and a stroll around Fells Point. Each dish was enjoyable and nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYJeanneWDined on 7/3/2014loved sharing so many delicious plates! we knew dinner would be good, but it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates BIG Taste!KrisDined on 6/28/2014My fiance and I have dined at Mezze many times but the food during this experience exceeded all others. We dined on a Saturday evening and the food was served relatively fast. The baked pita chips were warm and as always, delicious. We ordered tzatziki to go with them. it was creamy, with wonderful dill accents and the tangy flavor went great with the pita. We ordered the shrimp raki, chicken kabobs, chicken Tigania, Beef Tenderloin Stifatho and the best one of all the Pastitsio. The waiter explained the difference in flavors of the chicken to us and he was very accurate.The food was phenomenal! Wonderful flavors and textures that made every bite something special. Our service was great as well but the A.C. temperature was a bit cold..Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceLytiDined on 6/22/2014Mezze was so great we went twice in our four day trip to Baltimore. Great Tapas and prices. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AimeDined on 6/20/2014AMAZING FOOD!!! Every plate was superb and service was fantastic! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatCiciVIPDined on 6/19/2014Mezze remains one of our favorite Baltimore restaurants. The small plates are outstanding, the variety is huge and the service always attentive without being intrusive. That, combined with the great location in lively Fells Point makes this a winner every time.Special Features:
- Gift cards not welcomeMikeyDined on 6/19/2014We had 2 $30 gifts cards. We told the waitress, and she said we could use one of them. Huh? What of we had one $60 gift card? We did, of course tip on the total cost of the meal (there were four of us so the total was upwards of $170.00). The host was very nice. The food was pretty good, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/10/2014Have been many times to Mezze and have always had a great experience. The food is always wonderful and the service usually exceptional. This time the waitress was not friendly at all. She clearly thought she was doing us a favor to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Small PlatesJakeDined on 6/2/2014If you're into small plates, they have plenty of options, fish, meats & vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Dined with another couple and everything was really good. There's a lot of different dishes to choose from and we chose 12 different ones to share. It was enjoyable,relaxed and we were not rushed through our meal. This was our second visit to Mezze and I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas & seafoodPhillyHubDined on 5/16/2014Without being overly expensive, Mezze serves up some great tapas with a wide range of seafood options. In fell's point, you would expect great seafood and I wasn't let down. I thought the best thing we had was the portobella mushrooms and the mussels. However, I would have liked to try the stuffed peppers and they were out for the night.Special Features:
- Bad food worse serviceCateydidDined on 5/10/2014We went for a girls night out. From the beginning we were made to wait for our server to come. Once our food came out, the raw oysters were deflated and warm. When we complained the waiter just said that they shuck to order. :/ the other dishes were just ok and we were very disappointed with the food and the service.
- Tasty DinnerCCseattleDined on 5/8/2014Read great reviews about the food and ambiance. It deserves all the accolades it has received. We loved the food the table upstairs by the window looking down on the cobble streets. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 472 reviews are from the Mezze - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Serving size not as good as before $9.00 for 3 fried oysters?? Server not very attentive - Disappeared for long periods of time Had 6 different mezzes and server never offered to change plates
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/18/2014Hummus was watery- both baskets of pitas were ice cold. Took forever to get any service. Dont frequent during happy hour- I think they forgot about us upstairs.
- Perfect for date nightAnneBDined on 4/18/2014The menu was extensive and everything we ordered was delicious, including the dessert. Our waitress was attentive and made excellent suggestions for our meal.Special Features:
- First DateSharkhntrDined on 4/5/2014I loved every aspect of this experience except that the waitstaff and management continued to allow a "bachelorette party" with a table of 8 intoxicated girls to be loud and obnoxious in a very small, upstairs dining area of only 6 tables. It was so loud that I had to lean in to hear any of the conversation with the person sitting right beside me. When I brought it to the attention of the waitstaff, he said they would be leaving soon which translated into about 15 more minutes of boisterous activity. The atmosphere of this restaurant was not one for such parties and I was extremely disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic food & service!!!qbdmarVIPDined on 4/4/2014Mezze continues to deliver fun, yummy small plates of interesting cuisine with superb and attentive service. My only suggestion would be for Mezze owners to find a way to make the downstairs bar area bigger since half the fun when dining with a significant other is to sit at the bar, which is impossible to do on busy nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, affordable, excellentSparkyDined on 3/30/2014Mezze is almost an ideal restaurant for dinner. The food choices are diverse and excellent. Vegetarians and omnivores find more than enough to delight and satisfy. Excellent food and service in a pleasant environment. Mezze is a regular restaurant for us, our friends, for our kids, for visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezze, one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014We have eaten at Mezze many times, the food is always great as well as the service. I enjoy the tapa style, it makes it fun with a group to try a lot of different things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love MezzeWinenDineDined on 3/15/2014Always enjoy new tapas and with recent additions to menu we were able to enjoy even more..we like to order a variety of the vegetable options, seafood and chicken tapas and share..also lamb chops are excellent. Nice wine slections, too.. the Orvieto is a great and their housemade Sangria, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Hot SpotGreatEatsVIPDined on 3/13/2014Had a fabulous dinner at Mezze. Started with drinks at the bar. It was crowded but not too crowded. I could hear my colleague easily. Love the tapas menu. Although I don't particularly like lima beans, I was told they were one of the restaurant's specials so I gave them a try. They were delicious. I also loved the mushrooms. The salmon was perfectly cooked in a delicious barbecue sauce, tender inside but caramelized on the outside. The ahi tuna was a good choice too. The staff was attentive and not overwhelming with the many visits to the table with tapas dishes. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second and last chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2014I've had two lousy experiences now at Mezze. I won't be back for a third. The waitstaff ignored my requests for staggered plates and brought everything to the table at the same time, so our bad food was cold, too. The manager completely botched the request to accommodate my disabled dining companion, showing disregard for her needs, and the prices were inappropriate for the quality of the product. No thanks.
- great experience!greenelcDined on 3/2/2014My sister and I went there for her birthday while visiting Baltimore? The food was excellent and the service was great! I'd recommend the restaurant to everyone. I'm a vegetarian and had no problems finding lots of optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJoshuaDined on 2/28/2014I took my girlfriend here for a date one night and we absolutely loved the food. It was all very good and a good selection. The wine list was fair and the wine itself was good. It was a little on the darker side in the restaurant which I felt made it a more personable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food tasted great! OnlyThelindsitDined on 2/28/2014The food tasted great! Only thing I didn't like was the amount of time we got in between dishes. It was almost as if we were being rushed out. We ordered 6 plates and got them all within 10 minutes. A little more time in between courses would be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spot for Restaurant WeekDrath321Dined on 2/27/2014Mezze has amazing food and their restaurant week menu gives you the opportunity to try so much of it at a low cost. Whenever RW rolls around again I would definitely recommend a trip to Mezze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.