13215 Grant Road Suite 1200
Cypress, TX 77429Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mezzanotteristorante.com/
- Phone: 8327177870x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gerry Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant is closed for private events of 60 or more guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gerry Sarmiento 8327177870x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday nights from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Special Events: $5 Tapas Madness every Wednesday from 5:00 - 9:00 PM
$18 Three Course Tasting Menu every Thursday from 5:00 - 9:00 PM
A word from Mezzanotte Ristorante
Mezzanotte is a unique blend of fine restaurant and bar elements fused together to not only offer an unbelievable culinary experience but a place to truly relax and enjoy life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mezzanotte Ristorante - Best Restaurants in CyFair ›
Mezzanotte Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (27)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (22)romantic (19)good for groups (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Almost LonelyPotreroDined on 10/20/2014Three of us went there on a Monday night to discuss some business. We asked for a quiet table but were unprepared for what occurred, an almost empty restaurant. It was a shame since the food and wine were excellent with attentive service. Mezzanotte is worth visiting when in Northwest Houston but is off our beaten path but would recommend to anyone heading that way.Special Features:
- New Friends and Old Favoriteftab73Dined on 10/17/2014We invited some new friends to dinner specifically to introduce them to Mezzanotte. We had a great time. Jerry and Adriana (the owners) continue to provide outstanding service, delicious food, and a wonderful setting with a personal touch. Our new friends thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience and have vowed to become steadfast patrons of this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never BetterNealDined on 10/11/2014Allways and Always! we can always depend on Adrianna and Gerry for an exquisite dining experience. From the delightful Lilly, our Maitre'D to Jose our principal waitstaff, our latest experience was perfect. Without exception, we're anxious to return! And for those families with a special family member, Mezzanotte and staff are accepting, tolerant and patient. Thanks again Ms. Adrianna! Dr. G and FamilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningGr8teatsDined on 10/4/2014I was made aware of the Mezzanotte two weeks before dining there. The reviews were about the Mezzanotte were all great. My wife and decided to pay them a visit and I must say the reviews were spot on! This is a great place to dine, the wait staff were outstanding and the owner was very nice and very interested in making sure we enjoyed the food which was outstandingl!! My wife and don't eat out much but after dining at the Mezzanotte we have found a gem! Keep doing what you're doing. Hats off to the Chef, wait staff and owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb!JamesgangDined on 9/27/2014Dining at Mezzanotte is always a culinary treat. The food is always excellent, beautifully prepared and presented. The wait staff is attentive but not hovering. We are so happy to have this top-100 restaurant (Houston Chronicle) in close proximity to our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelmikeDined on 9/20/2014we have been here many times and every time the food and service are absolutely awesome...highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJerryDined on 9/20/2014Every thing was near perfect. All 6 in our party were extremely pleased. My linguni pescatore was exceptional.Special Features:
- Another great time!JoebradDined on 9/19/2014I have yet to be disappointed here. Courteous staff, good food with a level of attention to detail found by few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe lunch is better.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Sub par, no bread replacement prior to meal, no offer for soup or salad- simply entree and side plate of veg's/pasta, dipping sauce needed more herbs, sauce on piccata not smooth- little too heavy. Plate presentation lacked pizazz, basic. Service was ok, until we asked about chicken that was too tough to cut, server offered a steak knife and responded 'we are pretty busy this evening' when asked for a replacement. It was obviously an inconvenience. Thot odd that singer came by the table to see how everything was, not our server or floor manager.Special Features:
- Our favorite local restaurantTimmoDined on 9/3/2014We like Mezzanotte. The owners are creative in their marketing and the 5$ Wednesday Tapas night is just great. They also run a Thursday pirx fixe dinner which is fabulous. It is such a pleasure to have a tasty, consistently good, neighborhood restaurant nearby!Special Features:
- Not so niceZdmo2Dined on 8/29/2014Service was slow but our waiter was polite. The first problem was the "entertainment"..Karaoke style It was too loud, distracting and unpleasant. She seemed like a lovely person, but she was not a good vocalist. Next, the bread was cold, hard and tasteless. I had the pumpkin ravoili as a starter. It tasted nice but was barely warm. My husband had the meatballs. They were excellent..very juicy and flavorful. Entres were terrible. Veal Marsala was pounded too thin, tough and chewy. My steak with Barolo sauce was awful. Steak was cooked fine..sauce was muddy, too salty and drowned the steak. We told our waiter and we weren't even acknowledged. We won't be going back.
- excellent as usualpsmanDined on 8/28/2014great place to eat, drink, visit, enjoy. we enjoy more and more every visitSpecial Features:
- Great RestuarantNWdinerDined on 8/23/2014We all enjoyed the appetizers and entrees we selected. The Chilean wine was excellent. There was a good mix of traditional and non-traditional Italian dishes so everyone should be able to find something. We would have tried a desert but we were too full. Definitely will go back for a return visit.Special Features:
- psmanDined on 8/22/2014wonderful experience - each and every time we visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JcopeDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I love this little restaurant close to the house. Fine dining in the burbs; not found very often. Wine list may be the best in Houston and surrounding areas!Special Features:
- Fine Italian CuisineJoelVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here several times with my son and his family. The staff has always been friendly and accomodating. They are knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu and freely give advise when asked about the selections. The food is definitely gourmet but at moderate prices. The Tiramisou is worth saving some room for.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRick66Dined on 8/15/2014Celebrated a romantic evening with my wife of 45 years, on the 50th anniversary of our first date. It was a memorable evening your waitress was excellent and accommodating. We will be back oftenSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodBellabooDined on 8/11/2014I've heard about how good this place was, so I was happy to finally make it there. Went with a group for Houston Restaurant Week on a Monday night and we had the place to ourselves. The food was fantastic, although the portions seemed a bit small (likely because it was the HRW menu). Definitely still great food (I had the Caprese salad, the filet, and a mini cannoli) and I plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner during Restaurant WeeksSallyDined on 8/9/2014A friend and I went out to enjoy Restaurant Weeks and also to catch-up after not seeing each other for many months. Although the menus are more limited, there were several excellent choices for each course. I had the portobello appetizer, the lamb chops (which were cooked to perfection) and the very rich tiramisu. My friend had the lobster ravioli for her main, and was very complimentary. Noise level was perfect for conversation and service was attentive without being overbearing. When you live in Spring, a lovely place to have dinner without having to drive to Galleria or downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant WeeksTonimomDined on 8/9/2014We visited here for the first time during HRW with another couple. Food, wine and service were great but it was quite warm in the restaurant. Otherwise, we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezzanotte rocked it againbiglonghornDined on 8/9/2014Haven't been in a few months because I moved to Pearland. Had business in the area (sort of), so went there to partake of the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. The baked asparagus was a WOW, as was the filet. Nice way to spend an enjoyable evening with great food, a nice bottle of wine, and a good sax-man. The view of the patio out the window, with the cute kittens, added to the the enjoyment. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service RemainsFredVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been dining at Mezzanotte off and on for several years. The food here has always been great but the service has been very spotty. We decided to give the place another try as we enjoy patronizing local restaurants rather than chains. This time the service was poor! We had difficulty getting water and our waiter was always in the kitchen. We finally asked a bus boy to find our waiter and refill our wine and water glasses. We also had to ask for bread after our salad was served although it seemed everyone else got their bread shortly after they sat down. No dessert or coffee. The food was excellent. It may sound like I am picky but when you pile all these little things together, it spells poor service.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places!Luv2eatDined on 8/8/2014We have never had a bad meal here, from appetizers to dessert. Fantastic wine list, great service and good price! It's really hard to beat!Special Features:
- Excellent date spotFoodLoverDined on 8/2/2014Food portions are great, this place is good for date night. The prices match the quality of the food. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WINNER!NealDined on 7/26/2014Jerry, Adrianna and their staff have done it again. Exciting menu, well crafted beverages and crisp attractive presentation. The surf and turf was exemplary and the saucier did a spectacular job. Angela, our server, was prompt, attentive and deferential. No criticism here! We'll return soon.Special Features:
- Never disappoints.LsejerseyvDined on 7/25/2014Food is consistently great, service is always good and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmayVIPDined on 7/18/2014Mezzanotte is a nice choice for Italian in north Houston.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationCriticalDinerDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary at Mezzanotte and it could not have been better. The staff allowed me to stop by early and choose our table, and made sure that when we arrived, the roses and card that I had brought by were on the table, waiting for her. During the meal, the staff was attentive, but not overbearing. The meal was excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the Mezzanotte Ristorante reviews archive.
- Not what was expectedSpike4118Dined on 6/21/2014Service was fine but two of our dishes were poorly done. Seafood and veal was good but lasagne and spaghetti dishes were poorly seasoned and not recommended. Caesar salad and pasta dish on an earlier visit were also poorly done.
- Would not go backCypressDinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014First let me start by saying our server was phenomenal...but that's as far as it went for "good" at Mezzannotte. We are recent Cypress-ites, moving from inside the loop--which we have found to be an issue for our taste buds now that we are in Cypress! The restaurants in Cypress have time and again, been disappointing. My husband ordered the wedge salad--the dressing had soured!!! It was truly SOURED!!! My lasagna tasted like it had been frozen and reheated, it lacked flavor and was served so hot that you couldn't even begin to eat it for several minutes and my husbands pasta sauce tasted about like what you would get out of a jar. The concept is nice, but the food does not perform.
- anniDined on 6/18/2014For a great place to take your wife for a special occasion Mezzanotte's is the place to go. The service is excellent and a neighborhood place we love to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!FamilyfourDined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed our evening here. The atmosphere is upbeat with unique art on display and vibrant colors. The service was wonderful. Our food was excellent, from my linguine seafood del mar to husband's lasagna and daughter's vodka penne. Wonderful salads. Side bar - if you like strong drinks this may be just the place for you. A woman next to us asked her waiter to send her dirty martini back because it was too strong. Don't here that very often. The bartender couldn't have been nicer to her and quick to fix the problem.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchBusinessTravelerDined on 5/11/2014Joined with our family for a Mothers Day Brunch. Very nice selections with the set 3 course menu. The filet and eggs, sole, and cheesecake were favorites in our group. Nice touch adding bloody Mary's and mimosa's to the special offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchcdbhoustonDined on 5/11/2014We had a great brunch for mother's day. Food and service were great as usual. We love Mezzanote. It's a high quality restaurant near our neighborhood. They treat you like family.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemTimmyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Mezzanote remains one of the top dining experiences in the Northwest Houston area. Its creativity and presentation are unique to the area. We have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- Mother's Day LunchCriticalDinerDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife there for Mother's Day Lunch. Although we had eaten there once before, it had been several years ago and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and the service was attentive without being overbearing. The serving sizes were correct, so we didn't feel stuffed when we were through dining, but we felt as though we had eaten enough. My wife was presented with a rose for Mother's Day, a nice touch. We will definitely return, next time, with friends.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in CypressYellowdog762Dined on 5/9/2014Good food and good service. Great atmosphere, especially for such a hidden spot in Cypress. The gentleman that did the live music was fabulous, several members of our party even bought his CD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual--very good!JohnJanetDined on 4/11/2014Food and service were exceptional as usual. We particularly like the entertainment provided by Kevin Weisharr--his selection of primarily Sinatra and Buble is perfect for this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFICO!ROSEDined on 4/9/2014FIVE STARS ON ALL POINTS AND TRULY A NEIGBORHOOD GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleSweettoothDined on 4/4/2014Terrible service takes a long time for food to come out and then it's cooked incorrectly. Wanted to charge a $10 cake cutting fee for her bday cake we brought in. Thanks for ruining a festive evening. Won't be back and won't recommend. Small restaurant trying to charge big restaurant prices.