20 Jefferson Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezzawestwood.com/
- Phone: 2017228822x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mezza
MEZZA offers authentic mediterranean and american cuisine with a modern touch. All of our dishes are prepared with the freshest ingredients so that we may offer the most delicious food possible. We have recently moved to our beautiful (and larger) new space - offering wonderful ambiance, new enticing dishes and an intimate private dining room. We look forward to seeing you all here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mezza - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Mezza reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (44)romantic (24)special occasion (24)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (13)hot spot (9)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- marrakeshexpressWhitebreadDined on 9/6/2014I only wish I were in Morocco; it's Westwood! Such sublime food. The branzino is the best I've ever had. The chicken tagine is delightful. Daily specials are a treat; we enjoyed Moroccan phyllo cigars stuffed with short ribs. This is a BYO and you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMM...MezzaDianeFMDined on 8/28/2014The food was beautifully presented, excellently prepared and delicious! I enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Flavors Galore!wannabeafoodcritcDined on 8/23/2014We ordered a few appetizers to share and everything was delicious. Main courses got mixed reviews. The branzino was excellent. Others in our party had the sea bass and thought it was good, but not great. One person ordered a chicken dish that had way too many flavors going on. The service was good. Overall it was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Used to be bettersophianyDined on 8/22/2014I have been coming to Mezza since they opened in another location. The food is still good, but not as good as previous and the prices have climbed quite a bit. Ambience is lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do better-Deserve another tryKenlDined on 8/22/2014We arrived early just one other table occupied.3 people arrived a little later and were, surprisingly, seated right next to us. (The restaurant did fill up before we left). We were disappointed when one special appetizer (stuffed artichokes) would not have been ready for another 1/2 hour. Two appetizers we had were outstanding (cauliflower and vegetable cigar). The MEDIUM rare rack of lamb I ordered was extremely rare to purple red. Manager stated that is medium rare. After I asked for the tandem chops to be split in the kitchen they were amazingly brought back, not split, on two separate plates. I spied a fellow diner manually twisting her chops apart. Tagine chicken delicious. Free coffee/dessert due to stated problems.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surpriseThirdThursdaysDined on 8/21/2014We have passed this place for a year now and have been meaning to try it. We were very surprised. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We started with the grilled octopus and also hummus. The hummus is out of the world, really, really good. My husband had the lamb which he loved and I had the roasted shrimp. Everything on the menu looked great. We will be going back more often. It is a BYOB which is great too because it keeps your bill down. The food is a little on the higher priced side but well worth it. We went for dinner but I hear lunch is great too. The manager was a perfect too! He took the time to give us recommendations and check in with us. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful experience and the food was so good!Special Features:
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014This place offers lovely items not found elsewhere at reasonable prices with the ability to BYO wine. Great choice.Special Features:
- Perfer Lunch over DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I have been to this restaurant for lunch before and it was amazing. Dinner menu i am not crazy about, would like more salad options for ex. Mezza Chop salad. We sat in the private dinning area, and our waitress was not very attentive, had to ask every time we needed water. Maybe if we were sitting in the main dinning area we would have had better attention. Also my friend order was wrong and they brought out the shrimp instead of the steak that she ordered, and for got her appetizer salad. I will still come back for sure, but probably more during lunch time. Love the hummus, crab cakes and falafel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walk to a fine meallifeisgoodDined on 8/12/2014walking distance from our home - good food, good service - a great combinationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usual!NJDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Thank you Mezza for hosting my birthday dinner! We all had fantastic time! The food was delicious as always. Falafel and eggplant tahini - amazing. My friends loved the duck. I am always looking forward to chocolate souffle and this time you really outdone yourself! Great compliments to the chef for all the souffles! Tried the ricotta fritters for the first time - will definitely be a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in WestwoodHappyDined on 8/10/2014Always receive wonderful service, great food, always consistent. So enjoy this neighbor gem. Never disappointed, seated on time with reservation.Special Features:
- BYOB has first-class food & servicePJVSDined on 8/7/2014Mezza offers not only great ambiance, but provides warm and friendly service while producing high-quality and innovative mediterranean food. From appetizers to entrees to dessert, Mezza is close to perfect. This BYOB is a keeper.Special Features:
- Great food but took too longOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014We came to Mezza for the first time since they moved to the new location. We arrived pretty early(6pm). There were only a few tables seated. We ordered an appetizer to share which was very tasty but sat for 50 minutes waiting for the main courses. Ended up drinking way too much and eating too much pita bread because of the long wait! Food was excellent though.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our third time at Mezza and we absolutely love the food. It's fresh and prepared beautifully. It's becoming one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Food was ok but nothing specialfoodlover1Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good but not something I would be talking about. service was good waitress was very nice. Food came out undercooked.steak was raw when I asked for medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cakes To Die ForAgnesDined on 7/23/2014Spicy Crab Cakes on a Bed of Avocado - Insanely Fantastic. Hummus and Pita - Loved it. Ricotta Dessert - Great Presentation, Taste...Not so great.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodEEDDDined on 7/20/2014Each dish on the table was tasteful and well served.Special Features:
- Every DetailOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2014Mezza has a great menu...nice variety for Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts.....food is excellent, presentation and service top notch...wait staff very accommodating and responsive...everything is delicious...definitely will go on your "favorites" listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!FoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We eat out a lot, and Mezza is really a restaurant that is memorable. The food is truly wonderful. Everything is fresh and the fish is excellent. I do not like a lot of sauces on my food, and this restaurant flavors their entrees without drowning them in sauces. It's becoming one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Heavenly HummusWineanddineDined on 7/19/2014We have visited Mezza several times, and always look forward to the creamy, smooth hummus, the smoky baba ganoush, and the warm fresh pita. Our friendly server was professional, perky, and knowledgable. We both ordered the grouper special, and thoroughly enjoyed the fresh, flaky fish, served over risotto and topped with lightly sautéed spinach. We skipped dessert, but our cappucinos were frothy and strong. The dining room can get very loud, but we sat outside on a warm Saturday evening, and pretended we were somewhere more exotic than opposite a NYSC gym. It's become a regular spot for us, and we look forward to introducing more friends to this gem.Special Features:
- Yummyofd28Dined on 7/16/2014the place is cute and the food was awesome. our waitress was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodTheDinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014Mezza is a restaurant you can count on. Attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Consistently StrongHillsdaleHalDined on 7/3/2014Mezza has been our favorite restaurant in Westwood since it opened several years ago. It has a partial Mediterranean focus and is BYOB, so be sure to bring a good wine along. The salads are consistently fresh and innovative. You can order good tabouleh, hummus, etc., along with flatbreads, though we usually skip that part to focus on the entrees. There are typically several seafood options. The salmon came exactly as ordered (well done, not sushi). The eggplant parmesan, a new dish, was excellent. Their most unique dish is a Moroccan chicken tangine, which comes hot inside a dish with a spout-like top. We recommend the chocolate souffle for dessert. Quiet atmosphere with subdued lighting. The service is good, but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuurnDined on 7/2/2014I had chicken tagine and coffee. The bill with the 20 percent tip was 40 dollars. The meal was uninspiring. My three friends aggreed with me and none of us will return.Special Features:
- Always FantasticpittypieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Totally consistent. We've never had a bad dish at Mezza. The staff is attentive, the food fresh and delicious. We've been many times and will be back!Special Features:
- Excellant! Loved it. Will go again.Sadie11Dined on 6/25/2014Our waitress was a little distracted, but tried to make it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food! but noisy.BitayavonDined on 6/21/2014We are new to the area and decided to try Mezza for its reputation for outstanding food. We were pleased to find everything we ordered very tasty, with a variety of interesting choices. The policy of BYOB was also welcome and allowed us to bring our favorite wine. Our only criticism of this restaurant was its noise level. We went on a Saturday night, and although it was late, 10:00, it was still quite crowded and very loud. We found it difficult to carry on a normal conversation, given the excessive clammer. We will definitely return, but next time, at a less busy and quieter time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014we arrived to an empty restaurant with early reservations, we requested a table by the window and were told that those tables would be pushed together for a large party. we were seated along the back wall towards the inside corner near the restrooms. We then watched them seat all the window tables individually. The food was good, not great, and expensive. We will not be going back. We do not like being lied to.
- SherryVIPDined on 6/13/2014Always enjoy coming here. The food is consistently good, service is attentive, and love that it is small and cozy. We also love that it is a BYOB.Special Features:
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/31/2014I can't wait to go back! Everything we tried was phenomenal and fresh. The menu was simultaneously unique and familiar. What a great blend! BYO was a bonus!Special Features:
- another outstanding dinnerralphVIPDined on 5/31/2014Another outstanding meal. We starting going when they were originally on Westwood ave. Food specials are always changing and the service is excellent. Me and my wife love eating at Mezza! It was her birthday and they had made a special birthday dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent MealbellamDined on 5/31/2014We have eaten here three times and always had excellent food and service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014This was, for the majority of my group,our third visit to Mezza. We are a group of 10 women with varying tastes, and rarely do we all agree that a restaurant is wonderful...we especially like the private room that accommodates us. The staff if very friendly and efficient (DELIGHTFUL young waitress; wish I could remember her name!) and the food is always delicious. The only comment I would make is that I like to see seasonal changes on a menu...to me it is getting too warm to eat short ribs or lamb shanks....and would enjoy some shish kebabs and add'l warm weather fare. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty, but unfriendlyluvagoodplaceDined on 5/24/2014our first time at Mezza, we had dinner reservations for 6 at 6pm we ran 20 mins behind schedule, due to thunderstorm, slower traffic for drop off of kids we arrived at 6:25, Well upon our entrance, a waitress stepped in at desk while hostess was in bathroom, waitress, did not welcome us, immediately pointed out that the next seating for our table is at 8:15 and it is now 6:30. Insinuating that finished or not, we must leave at 8:15 for next party! she was blantantly rude &was not her place to comment. we left promptly at 8:15, with no dessert & no other party waiting for the table, there was amble seating. Being welcomed in such a manner doesn't make me want to refer friends to such establishment, even if the food was that good!Special Features:
- A little priceyKevinHVIPDined on 5/20/2014The Mezza is a bit pricey ($7 a pop) for a small bowl of bread topping Overall goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Mezza reviews archive.
- thefoodiepatrolVIPDined on 5/16/2014Overpriced with bad service only good part was the ambience and that you could bring your own wine
- Fantastic Fresh MediterraneanJC66Dined on 5/14/2014I've been to Mezza multiple times but this most recent meal may have been the best. Fabulous grilled octopus appetizer and grouper entree, both specials for that evening only, alas. My companions had braised lambshank and grilled flank steak kabob, both outstanding, the best I've tasted. And don't forget the amazing Israeli pita bread and hummus. Quietly attentive service, friendly without being intrusive. Reasonable prices considering the very high quality of the food and presentation, with BYOB policy making the evening even more affordable. Don't miss Mezza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotKwansongDined on 5/11/20146 of us went for Mother's Day and it was terrific! The ambience is very nice, our waitress was very good, and the food was outstanding. 2 complaints: the busboy kept trying to take the spreads we ordered as starters away when we weren't finished with them - he didn't ask us either. And there are no entrees vegetarians - salads yes, but nothing more substantial. It would be easy to add one option for veggie people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Find in Paramus areaChefAnonDined on 5/10/2014We are happy to have found this very good restaurant, that is not a chain, like so many in Paramus. Although not located in Paramus, it's worth the short drive. Everything was fresh and delicious. Many wonderful appetizers and loved the halibut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.