20 Jefferson Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezzawestwood.com/
- Phone: (201) 722-8822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mezza
MEZZA offers authentic mediterranean and american cuisine with a modern touch. All of our dishes are prepared with the freshest ingredients so that we may offer the most delicious food possible. We have recently moved to our beautiful (and larger) new space - offering wonderful ambiance, new enticing dishes and an intimate private dining room. We look forward to seeing you all here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mezza - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Mezza reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (26)good for groups (19)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Flavors / Noisy RoomJoycebentlVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food at Mezza was outstanding, both in flavors and visual presentation. From appetizers to dessert, the preparation of food was fantastic! We will be back for these. But the room was incredibly loud to the point that I couldn't even hear my dining partner. I heard a loud party of six that stated, "Do you think we are loud?" and a waitress that was having a personal conversation with a patron. Tables are very closely placed together. Waiters were bumping in to me to serve an adjoining table. So, if we go again, it will be on a weeknight at 5 pm or earlier. My suggestion for Mezza is to lose a few tables and add either curtains or floor coverings to muffle the noisy space. Food - Memorable ; Noise - ForgetableSpecial Features:
- CelebrationTheBigEDined on 11/22/2014We celebrated a friend's special birthday. We started with the hummus which is absolutely marvelous. It never disappoints. The appetizers were great having taken one of the special salads. Main courses were perfect. Dessert remains a difficult choice. The chocolate soufflé is excellent but they are challenged by the ricotta fritters and their presentation on a tree. The other desserts are just mundane. My only issue was service. Our reservation was for 6:30 pm with someone coming in two hours later. It took a while to get out order and there was a lot of time between the salads and main course. Give the time constraints, service should be more prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014Enjoyed dinner here a few times with my girlfriend. The staff is very well trained and the good is great. The tables are a little close together but it's still a great find. Will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maxmiclizDined on 11/1/2014We had a delicious meal. Everything was great! Parking is easy. Were seated right away. The place is small and a little loud but not too bad.Special Features:
- 3rd time is still a charmLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/30/2014The food is very good - freshly cooked and tastey. Very good variety for anyone. The Morracan cigars were especially good and the duck breast was exceptionally tender. Took a while for someone to take our order but food came on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spice girlFoodiliciousDined on 10/29/2014My friends took me to Mezza for my birthday and, as usual, we had a great time and the food was awesome. We always start with the amazing hummus, mussels and the grilled octopus! So delicious. We were so full from appetizers that this time we didn't even order main dishes because we had to save room for the halvah ice-cream dessert! You HAVE to try it. The ricotta fritters are not only served in a beautiful display but they taste to "die for"! Mezza is always consistently great.Special Features:
- Friend's get togethercesgVIPDined on 10/20/2014I've been here a number of times. The food is always excellent. Three of us shared a bunch of appetizers: Hummus, Crab/Avocado Salad, Israeli Salad, Haloumi, and the Beef Cigars. There was more than enough to fill us. The Ricotta Fritters are the best way to end the meal. I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterfinefoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014We liked Mezza when it was a small, tastefully decorated place on Westwood Avenue. But then its popularity grew and it moved to new, larger quarters just a few blocks away. Our first impression of the new place was that it was too noisy and impersonal; but it has just kept getting better since then. The food (both on the regular menu and the special) is unusual and gourmet quality good. The service is wonderful except for taking one person's plates away while others are still eating (such a common problem, when you would think bus people would be trained not to do this). It is still a bit lively, but that's what happens when people are having a good time, which we always do lately.Special Features:
- MezzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Simply enjoyable. Food was outstanding and service excellent.Special Features:
- ChickVIPDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful dining -- Branzino was excellent - with crispy skin and in a lovely lemony broth. Beet/Goatcheese appetizer - a wonderful way to start. Welcoming host and attentive service throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Never againldiningVIPDined on 9/30/2014Not sure about the hype of this place. Went with 7 women on a Tues evening. Very expensive. Hummus was the highlight. Roasted shrimp and couscous were served in a lump with some sort of tomato sauce - not Mediterranean and not good. $49 each person. Way over priced. Very disappointing since we had heard such good things. Service was horrific. Waiter was asked to open a bottle of white and decided to open both without our permission. Really an expensive disaster.
- HEARING CHECKthebesttunaeverVIPDined on 9/27/2014I went to Mezza on 9-27-14 to try the restaurant. The food was good and well prepared but I could not hear my wife speak to me due to the outrageous noise level. I was able to hear the table to my right clearer than my wife sitting across from me. We finished dinner and went outside to get some peace and quiet. Would love to go back but not until either I get ear plugs or they fix the noise level problemSpecial Features:
- great revisitRITADined on 9/23/2014have been to mezza's for lunches and dinners and have never been disappointed. from the host to servers the service has been great and the food grand.Special Features:
- A Keeper to come back toLINDIDined on 9/21/2014My husband & I went on a Sunday, shortly after it had reopened for dinner and we were the second group to arrive. The service couldn't have been better, every question was answered & the food ...the BEST! The amount offered was enough that we did not need to take home any "doggie bag". Will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marrakeshexpressWhitebreadDined on 9/6/2014I only wish I were in Morocco; it's Westwood! Such sublime food. The branzino is the best I've ever had. The chicken tagine is delightful. Daily specials are a treat; we enjoyed Moroccan phyllo cigars stuffed with short ribs. This is a BYO and you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMM...MezzaDianeFMDined on 8/28/2014The food was beautifully presented, excellently prepared and delicious! I enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Flavors Galore!wannabeafoodcritcDined on 8/23/2014We ordered a few appetizers to share and everything was delicious. Main courses got mixed reviews. The branzino was excellent. Others in our party had the sea bass and thought it was good, but not great. One person ordered a chicken dish that had way too many flavors going on. The service was good. Overall it was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Used to be bettersophianyDined on 8/22/2014I have been coming to Mezza since they opened in another location. The food is still good, but not as good as previous and the prices have climbed quite a bit. Ambience is lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do better-Deserve another tryKenlDined on 8/22/2014We arrived early just one other table occupied.3 people arrived a little later and were, surprisingly, seated right next to us. (The restaurant did fill up before we left). We were disappointed when one special appetizer (stuffed artichokes) would not have been ready for another 1/2 hour. Two appetizers we had were outstanding (cauliflower and vegetable cigar). The MEDIUM rare rack of lamb I ordered was extremely rare to purple red. Manager stated that is medium rare. After I asked for the tandem chops to be split in the kitchen they were amazingly brought back, not split, on two separate plates. I spied a fellow diner manually twisting her chops apart. Tagine chicken delicious. Free coffee/dessert due to stated problems.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surpriseThirdThursdaysDined on 8/21/2014We have passed this place for a year now and have been meaning to try it. We were very surprised. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We started with the grilled octopus and also hummus. The hummus is out of the world, really, really good. My husband had the lamb which he loved and I had the roasted shrimp. Everything on the menu looked great. We will be going back more often. It is a BYOB which is great too because it keeps your bill down. The food is a little on the higher priced side but well worth it. We went for dinner but I hear lunch is great too. The manager was a perfect too! He took the time to give us recommendations and check in with us. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful experience and the food was so good!Special Features:
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014This place offers lovely items not found elsewhere at reasonable prices with the ability to BYO wine. Great choice.Special Features:
- Perfer Lunch over DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I have been to this restaurant for lunch before and it was amazing. Dinner menu i am not crazy about, would like more salad options for ex. Mezza Chop salad. We sat in the private dinning area, and our waitress was not very attentive, had to ask every time we needed water. Maybe if we were sitting in the main dinning area we would have had better attention. Also my friend order was wrong and they brought out the shrimp instead of the steak that she ordered, and for got her appetizer salad. I will still come back for sure, but probably more during lunch time. Love the hummus, crab cakes and falafel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walk to a fine meallifeisgoodDined on 8/12/2014walking distance from our home - good food, good service - a great combinationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usual!NJDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Thank you Mezza for hosting my birthday dinner! We all had fantastic time! The food was delicious as always. Falafel and eggplant tahini - amazing. My friends loved the duck. I am always looking forward to chocolate souffle and this time you really outdone yourself! Great compliments to the chef for all the souffles! Tried the ricotta fritters for the first time - will definitely be a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in WestwoodHappyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always receive wonderful service, great food, always consistent. So enjoy this neighbor gem. Never disappointed, seated on time with reservation.Special Features:
- BYOB has first-class food & servicePJVSDined on 8/7/2014Mezza offers not only great ambiance, but provides warm and friendly service while producing high-quality and innovative mediterranean food. From appetizers to entrees to dessert, Mezza is close to perfect. This BYOB is a keeper.Special Features:
- Great food but took too longOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014We came to Mezza for the first time since they moved to the new location. We arrived pretty early(6pm). There were only a few tables seated. We ordered an appetizer to share which was very tasty but sat for 50 minutes waiting for the main courses. Ended up drinking way too much and eating too much pita bread because of the long wait! Food was excellent though.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Mezza reviews archive.
- Wonderful Food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our third time at Mezza and we absolutely love the food. It's fresh and prepared beautifully. It's becoming one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Food was ok but nothing specialfoodlover1Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good but not something I would be talking about. service was good waitress was very nice. Food came out undercooked.steak was raw when I asked for medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cakes To Die ForAgnesDined on 7/23/2014Spicy Crab Cakes on a Bed of Avocado - Insanely Fantastic. Hummus and Pita - Loved it. Ricotta Dessert - Great Presentation, Taste...Not so great.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodEEDDDined on 7/20/2014Each dish on the table was tasteful and well served.Special Features:
- Every DetailOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2014Mezza has a great menu...nice variety for Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts.....food is excellent, presentation and service top notch...wait staff very accommodating and responsive...everything is delicious...definitely will go on your "favorites" listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!FoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We eat out a lot, and Mezza is really a restaurant that is memorable. The food is truly wonderful. Everything is fresh and the fish is excellent. I do not like a lot of sauces on my food, and this restaurant flavors their entrees without drowning them in sauces. It's becoming one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Heavenly HummusWineanddineDined on 7/19/2014We have visited Mezza several times, and always look forward to the creamy, smooth hummus, the smoky baba ganoush, and the warm fresh pita. Our friendly server was professional, perky, and knowledgable. We both ordered the grouper special, and thoroughly enjoyed the fresh, flaky fish, served over risotto and topped with lightly sautéed spinach. We skipped dessert, but our cappucinos were frothy and strong. The dining room can get very loud, but we sat outside on a warm Saturday evening, and pretended we were somewhere more exotic than opposite a NYSC gym. It's become a regular spot for us, and we look forward to introducing more friends to this gem.Special Features:
- Yummyofd28Dined on 7/16/2014the place is cute and the food was awesome. our waitress was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodTheDinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014Mezza is a restaurant you can count on. Attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Consistently StrongHillsdaleHalDined on 7/3/2014Mezza has been our favorite restaurant in Westwood since it opened several years ago. It has a partial Mediterranean focus and is BYOB, so be sure to bring a good wine along. The salads are consistently fresh and innovative. You can order good tabouleh, hummus, etc., along with flatbreads, though we usually skip that part to focus on the entrees. There are typically several seafood options. The salmon came exactly as ordered (well done, not sushi). The eggplant parmesan, a new dish, was excellent. Their most unique dish is a Moroccan chicken tangine, which comes hot inside a dish with a spout-like top. We recommend the chocolate souffle for dessert. Quiet atmosphere with subdued lighting. The service is good, but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuurnDined on 7/2/2014I had chicken tagine and coffee. The bill with the 20 percent tip was 40 dollars. The meal was uninspiring. My three friends aggreed with me and none of us will return.Special Features:
- Always FantasticpittypieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Totally consistent. We've never had a bad dish at Mezza. The staff is attentive, the food fresh and delicious. We've been many times and will be back!Special Features: