161 East Houston St
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezetto.com/
- Phone: 2129334587
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday-Sunday:11:am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Bahr Rapaport
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We Can Hold large Party's up to 40-45 seated
50-60 passed Small Plates and cocktail parties
please see large party request
A word from Mezetto
Sitting on the “nexus of the universe”, bridging the East Village and the Lower East Side. Mezetto is where you can come to simply enjoy great food, fun drinks and good company. Inspired from the word 'Meze' which refers to a selection of small dishes served in the Mediterranean as breakfast, lunch or even dinner. It is our take on tapas-style dinning, offering small plates meant to be shared amongst friends to create an social dining experience. We are focused on taking traditional flavors and cooking styles of the Mediterranean and bringing them to life with new age cooking techniques, creative combinations and bold presentations.Continued
Mezetto is how we do Meze.
Mezetto is how we do Meze.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Mezetto - Best Restaurants in Lower East Side ›
Mezetto reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (17)romantic (9)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I keep coming back!PTCNYCVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is delicious and the menu keeps changing, the service is friendly and attentive, the location is great and the prices are fair. So I keep coming back here any time I'm heading to see a band on the LES.
- Perfect for a girls' nightbkfoodieDined on 8/26/2014My girlfriends and I came here to catch up and really enjoyed the wine and tapas. They were perfect for sampling and sharing and very tasty. The bill was a little steeper than I would have liked but that's the city for you. The service was great and one of the waiters gave us a complimentary after-dinner drink at the end which was a nice touch. My only complaint was between the street noise and music it was quite loud but we got used to it as the night went on and still could have a good/clear conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for relaxed booze brunch!foodie31Dined on 8/17/2014Loved the laid back atmosphere at this restaurant. Food was good and the mimosas kept coming. I love that the music wasn't too loud or AC on too high. That's so common in NYC. You didn't feel pressured to finish ASAP and the staff was friendly! Had a great time.Special Features:
- Amaing boozy brunch!WorldlyFoodieDined on 8/16/2014One of the best liquid brunch places in New York! Great service - they filled our Mimosas within 3 minutes after we finished. Food is also on point, with the challah French toast being my favorite.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!AlexxxCastroDined on 8/11/2014The food, perfect! Service, amazing. we will absolutely be back! thank you, christine for your awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find! Excellent Food!!RoxiDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed all aspects of our meal. We ate in courses; all were timed well - we didn't feel rushed. The food was fresh and creative, presented in pleasing ways. I took advantage of the unlimited mimosas (you have two hours). I let the staff surprise me with different mimosas. The day was also beautiful and the windows were all open, making us feel like we were dining outside. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. I look forward to returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great for Girls NightNomNomNomDined on 8/9/2014We had three pitchers of the white sangria - it went down almost a little too well! The spicy feta, lamb burger and branzino were all amazing. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mixed good foodnekogamiVIPDined on 8/4/2014Not really fun of mixed up menu, but that's what they have. Yet, it was tasty. Wish they've got better bartender ,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, neighborhood spotnativeNYerVIPDined on 8/4/2014With lots of open windows on two walls, so it practically felt like we were outside. Convenient informal neighborhood spot with pleasant atmosphere, friendly service, and good food.Special Features:
- Not so greatCookarachaDined on 7/29/2014The reality of the place didn't match up to the reviews, I'm sorry to say. A bit of a down-market place. Food was "just ok". It was priced higher than it should have been.
- 2nd TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014I like coming to this place because it's perfectly placed by the 2nd Ave station, it's on a bustling corner for good people watching, the food is delicious, and bottomless sangria never hurt anybody!Special Features:
- Great food/winenrs1Dined on 7/12/2014The feeling of Mezetto was great and the food was excellent. I had the lamb burger with goat cheese and it was cooked perfectly. I would definitely recommend Mezetto to anyone who is looking for a quaint restaurant with a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great grilled octopus! Very nice salads. Loved lamb burgers. Yummy desserts
- Truly BottomlessDatenightDined on 7/12/2014From the moment we sat down the mimosas were flowing. The pomegranate was by far my favorite. The spicy feta started was also to DIE for. Must must must must try. I had the chorizo shakshuka which was a perfect hangover cure and super filling. All of the entrees looking amazing though! I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- AmandaDined on 7/9/2014Went for dinner and had a blast. The food was amazing! The service was great! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014My friends and I were looking for a place to eat on a Monday night and we spotted Mezetto with their glasses of bottomless sangria. We went in, ordered the grilled octopus that was AMAZING, the ricotta croquettes, fries with harissa aoli and the gnocchi. Everything was delicious. I plan to go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- curiousculinarianDined on 6/29/2014Amazing food, impeccable service catering to us being on our honeymoon, and $15 bottomless mimosas - what could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the most perfect brunchkelliDined on 6/22/2014We made a reservation for 9 people on a Sunday morning and could not have all been more pleased. It's immediately off the F train stop, which is wonderful, and they had alllll of their windows open so it was like sitting outside. The table was perfectly set up smack in the middle of the restaurant. We all did the unlimited mimosa special and the girl never once let our cup sit empty. A lot of people got grilled cheese and benedict. I got souvlaki, others got random apps and such--but no one was disappointed. Highly recommend to everyone!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!nycfoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Such a great find!! Loved everything I ordered and can't wait to go back for more. I made a last minute reservations and unlike many NYC restaurants, they ha plenty of openings. The best thing I ordered was definitely the brussel sprouts with figs. It was such a unique combination of food that was amazingly delicious. Definitely would recommend this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay!lilfoodieDined on 5/31/2014Came here for a bachelorette party and it was perfect. Food was great - we shared a bunch of small plates that came out perfectly timed. Ambiance was fun, open windows on a spring night. What really made it special was the service - outstanding! A perfect place for a bunch of ladies to celebrate in class without breaking the bank. (Please note: we were not the beaded tiara brigade bachelorette type, this probably would not work for that type of party)Special Features:
- Big FlavorsZoefoodieVIPDined on 5/29/2014With the bottomless sangria deal at dinner you can't go wrong! It is delicious! The 3 of us split the Brussel Sprouts & Figs, Falafel Buns, Kale & Cranberry Salad & Chicken Shawarma Shishlik. Everything was great, can't wait to come back for more. Our waitress was knowledgeable & helpful with recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu not reflective of foodtraveleaterVIPDined on 5/21/2014I am not a fan of arugula, and chose the Margarita Pizza as my food choice and the listing on the menu did not include pesto or arugula. However, when it arrived it did have a mound of arugula and pesto. I did not want to eat the item, and when I pointed out to the manager he made no attempt to make amends for misrepresenting the product on the menu and was defensive. I will not eat there ever again.
- Great Weekday Brunch!MarigoldsInMayDined on 5/21/2014I was looking for a fun place to do brunch on a weekday and Mezetto delivered! They had great flavored bottomless mimosas and awesome brunch choices. I was celebrating my birthday and they brought over dessert and a shot for my friend and I to celebrate with! The waiter was extremely helpful and we bonded over speaking Hebrew and going to Israel. They opened the windows so it was a perfect combination of sitting inside with the nice air breezing through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We were a little put off at first by the location on the corner of E Houston and 1st Ave, but our doubts were quickly assuaged by the great service and unique food that we ate over a leaisurely brunch. The Sangria is also great, with the deserts a highlight as well.Special Features:
- Lousy serviceWhateverDined on 5/10/2014It took them more than 20 mins past our reservation time to sit us even when we arrived early. Very uncomfortable seats by the way. Took them forever to get us the food and people who got there later got their food first. Gotta give it to them though, the food was good
- The following 121 reviews are from the Mezetto reviews archive.
- Great supper!WeLoveMezetto1Dined on 5/3/2014I could say that my supper at mezetto restaurant was great! The food was delicious but the service was amazing! The waiters and bartender were really friendly and always checking up if everything was good. As a first supper in new york a can say it was the best! The location aswell was really good. I strongly recommend mezetto restaurant to anyone !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Branzino & Steak KebJOKAFVIPDined on 5/2/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the Steak Keb dish I ordered and the service at Mezetto's. This is also a note about the Branzino dish that someone else at my table ate and absolutely loved - having shared many meals that included Branzino dishes together, we spent some time talking about it. The fish preparation was memorable - the skin was perfect... someone else should experience that dish.Special Features:
- Great food and cocktailskatieDined on 5/2/2014Staff was attentive, restaurant was busy but not jammed, Food was served well, very tasty, and as we ordered it. Great beet salad, and branzino. Cocktails good enough that we ordered the next round as a carafe (their version of a mojito - fresh and easy!). I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great pace - great atmosphericTalkoDined on 5/1/2014party of 4 - wish I cloud eat more as the food was GREAT!!!! Unique taste and flavor. Very fast and polite service, nice music - wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great alcohol!Wow42Dined on 4/26/2014Nice place to have cocktail and snacks not really a dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony cTonyDined on 4/26/2014Apps were very olive's and artichoke also cheese board was excellent my wife had the muscles I enjoyed the beef skewers there mixing of Mediterranean flavor was excellent little Greek some Italian nice touch of middle eastern spices all around very nice although noisy.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 4/25/2014The menu is interesting and the food outstanding. The owner does his best to accommodate everyone and is quite helpful. The place is wonderful and the service terrific. We have been there a half dozen times and have never been disappointed. On our last visit the restaurant was packed and quite noisy, but the service never falteredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableFoodieDined on 4/19/2014Its rare you go to a restaurant, order 9 dishes to share between 4 people, and you love every single thing you get. We couldn't get over the taste of the food here, I highly recommend it! Get the steamed buns, pork pizzette, and ricotta croquets!Special Features:
- HuledetFindTastySurpriseDined on 4/19/2014This was in my Huledet birthday month gifts. I went the Saturday before easy and it was busy afternoon in the LES. I could tell this is a college brunch spot. I had the ricotta balls they were tasty and my bestie had one of the many tasty omelets. The sangria was tasty but a little pricey. It wasn't bad I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favorite for brunch or lunchNoisyDined on 4/13/2014very popular during the warm weekends for brunch, highly recommend making rsvp, kale salad is delicious and so are the kebabs, they do middle eastern flair really well, and bottomless mimosa is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing TapasdavidjenisonVIPDined on 4/10/2014The appetizers are amazing, definitely better than the entrees, and the falafel buns are not to be missed. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- very small restaurant thatnancyDined on 4/5/2014very small restaurant that took great care of the 8 of us. Near NYU. Ate at 5pm so there weren't many people there. Great tapas and very different. Service helped with good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in nyc?abrakdDined on 3/16/2014Came here for bottomless brunch on a Sunday at 2 (hectic as you can imagine), had made a same day reservation through open table. We ended up having to wait 25 mins to be seated - but the wait staff was so friendly and they said we could start drinking while we wait and that our 2 hour limit for bottomless drinks wouldn't start until we were seated. That was very nice and made the wait a non-issue. The food was great, and everything was perfectly timed so you didn't feel rushed but were never left waiting. Speaking of that our glasses were never empty for more than maybe 10 seconds before someone walked by to refresh our mimosas. It was a fun time and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was WAY too salty.harpito1oo3Dined on 3/10/2014The food was WAY too salty. I was feeling the effects for 2 days afterwards! The staff were friendly and nice, but we were one of only 2 tables and I had to flag them down to get the bill because they were socializing in the back. Not the best service.
- Rudest maître d' in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Had to wait almost an hour before being seated after having a confirmed reservation for over a month. The maître d' wasn't apologetic in the least, to the contrary he was the one giving us an attitude. The food was good, but would never go back there based on this experience.