2437 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mezedc.com/
- Phone: 2027970017
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday and Holidays: 10:30AM- 4:00PM; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 2:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:30am, Sunday: 4:30pm - 2:00am.
Monday-Friday Happy hour between 4:30PM and 7:00PM
Our kitchen is open until closing everyday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering service
- Private Party Facilities: Private GoldRoom is available for sit down dinner up to 50 people.
Open Bufet dinner , coctail parties, receptions , birthday parties etc. up to 150 people
- Private Party Contact: Sully 202-797-0017
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR
$4 BEER SPECIAL
1/2 PRICE MOJITOS 14 DIFFERENT MOJITOS TO CHOOSE FROM
$5 WINE SPECIALS
$5 RAIL DRINKS (VODKA,GIN,TEQUILA,RUM)
$4 FOOD MENU
BETWEEN 4:30PM AND 7:00PM MONDAY-FRIDAY
- Special Events: Turkish wine tasting every other month
A word from Meze Restaurant
Mediterranean bounty, beauty and modernity. All around the Eastern Mediterranean, “meze” (pronounced “MEH-zay”) are small dishes designed to complement a beverage, tease the tastebuds, and encourage diners to linger around the table for good companionship & conversation. On behalf of the owners and staff at Meze, we extend our heartfelt welcome and encourage you to eat, drink, and relax in the Turkish way of having a good time and enjoying life.Continued
We have a great patio.
We have a great patio.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Meze Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Adams Morgan ›
Meze Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (7)scenic view (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Rebel704Dined on 9/27/2014I read that the reviews on this restaurant were great, but my expectations were not met. It was OK, but we shared lots of plates and for 5 people the dinner cost us $240. For the food you are getting, it definitely was not worth it
- DLC123Dined on 9/21/2014I've only gone for the All-You-Can-Eat-And-Drink weekend brunch, and I won't quibble over mentioning items. Just try everything as all of it is excellent, Turkish-styled food. Pace yourself, however, as they serve delicious warm bread before meals with olive oil for dipping. The service is attentive, swift and pleasant. One of the best places I've been in the Adams Morgan region.Special Features:
- friendly and deliciousBuffaloRestauranteurDined on 9/21/2014Great Turkish restaurant with knowledgeable, friendly, energetic staff serving authentic dishes both small tapas style (meze has the same meaning as tapas) and large entrée style. Definitely worth a try. Their brunch is incredible as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for Large TableDessertPleaseDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of 11 at a long table and everyone ordered various meze dishes and entrees and all food got great reviews and were fun to share.Special Features:
- Reliable Turkish fareGlennEDined on 8/24/2014The best of the three Turkish restaurants in DC. Great place for an outdoor brunch, in the heart of Adams Morgan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetireesDined on 8/9/2014We ordered at the recommendation of the waiter's $35 per person plate menu. This gives you a good variety of Middle Eastern foods -- from appetizers to main dish items to the dessert; and as the various dishes came out the waiter explained it to us. Our party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed the foods and the atmosphere. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceEBH1Dined on 8/3/2014Service is what is lacking at Meze. I attended Sunday Brunch; however, after being seated it took 10 minutes before someone came over for the drink order. Since we had a Groupon for brunch, we were given the brunch menu which on the cover boasted unlimited mimosas, bloody marys, etc. During the almost two hours were there, my friend got 2 glasses of Champaign and I got 2 bloody Marys. No one checked to see if we needed refills. The food was slow to arrive as well. Everything for brunch is ordered off of the menu, and it took some time for things to arrive, however, the food was not bad.Special Features:
- Dinner brunch mojito always good..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Small plates restaurant is the place to go dc. Good food . Nice mojito.try dessert kunefe wowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Brunch SpotLime703Dined on 8/2/2014We went here on a Sunday afternoon for the bottomless brunch. It was excellent - the outdoor seating is cute and pleasant, the food was delicious, and the service was mostly great. This experience was much better than most buffet-style brunches. There is a large menu with items you can select for the brunch, and it is truly bottomless - you can order as many items as you want in the two-hour time limit. Also, there is bottomless coffee and mimosa or bloody marys. Servers were circling with pitchers of drinks, so your glass was never empty for ling. The only downside is - the outdoor tables for two are a bit small... especially if you're going to be ordering multiple dishes at once. Our server disappeared for a while, but was mostly great!Special Features:
- Magic Mojitos, Great Sample Plates!PwrpuffDined on 7/26/2014The best classic mojito I've ever had! Tart, slightly sweet, and so refreshing. Tasty, creative sample plates coming at a steady pace, the perfect outdoor spot, plus those mojitos made it my best dining experience of the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas/Mezze style small bitesgumpkinpumpkinDined on 7/26/2014Great for people who like to sample different dishes (off the regular menus). Groupon brunch menu even more limited than advertised online, possibly making it not worth it, depending on what you were coming for. Groupon brunch food types and quality were like upscale diner items, just more expensive. Honestly, could have gotten similar food for far less money at a diner, and some of the diners in DC/NOVA probably serve more gourmet options too.Special Features:
- Good to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Moved back to DC and happy to see that Meze still has it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedLilaDCVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went for brunch on a coupon. First the glasses we got had lipstick stains and it took them to replace them. Then the food made us feel rather weird after. Might have been the combination of drinking, lots of fatty food and the heat, but this never happened before (and we do love our brunch). The food was also just so so and definitely not worth the full price. The ambiance- cantina rather than anything cozy.
- Never let's you downLydiaDined on 7/3/2014Enjoyed the 11 item tasting menu; everything was tasty and cooked to perfection. This has got to be one of the first Turkish restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Very disappointingLeesonVIPDined on 6/29/2014The Price Fix brunch was very disappointing. The food was bland. The service was slow and inaccurate.
- MezeFoodloverDined on 6/23/2014Upon arrival, the TVs in the bar were blasting at full volume. We asked the waiter to lower the TV volume. The food was bland. We ordered four vegetarian dishes but none were spectacular or delicious. They were ok. The bread was kind of dry. I would not go to this place again.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Had a great brunch through a groupon! Lot's of different and unique optionsSpecial Features:
- Meze is a winnertmncDined on 6/21/2014Our server was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The food was exceptional - lots of delightful little surprises like the pomegranate juice added to the olive oil for bread dipping. The scallops were my favorite!Special Features:
- Friday nightBBBBDined on 6/20/2014The food is good at Meze. On warm nights the indoor tables are the same as outdoor tables - there's only fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotShawnathanbDined on 6/15/2014This was my second time doing the brunch menu. It is a great menu and well worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Went there for brunch, plates were extremely small!! Food was good but, you had to keep order for more.. Had to ask 5 times to get bloody mary. Didn't like the fact that the waiter put down the recommended tip on the bill for him. I don't like if someone tells me how much I'm supposed to tip them especially, if he's not giving me even the basic service. Too bad, food was good and health but wouldn't go back again because of these reasons!!Special Features:
- Good but ...MObetterFoodDined on 6/12/2014Service was impeccable and the mojitos excellent. I was hoping, however, for more intense flavors. The food was good, just not intense enough for me. Perhaps we just picked the less "wow" dishes.Special Features:
- Great mealNaganaDined on 6/8/2014The special all you can eat was excellent. If we wanted more, we got more. Our waiter, Fahti was super. He was attentive, but not hovering. An unusual on the menu were unlimited choices of bellinis, bloodies, vodka, gin, tequila, mimosas, champagne, coffee, and tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious small plates!!IluvchocDined on 6/6/2014Delicious!!! Loved the small plates and the happy hour specials. Our waiter was the best. When he found out we had met in Adams Morgan 31 years ago that day (married for 30) he brought out a surprise and yummy dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 199 reviews are from the Meze Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great service & AWESOME foodJeffDined on 5/31/2014I went to Meze after not having been in years. I love Turkish/Eastern Mediterranean food and the idea of doing small plates with some wine to just enjoy a spring night. I was not disappointed. The roasted pepers with feta were delicious as was the baba ghannouge (one of my favorites). Our server was authentically friendly and helpful and didn't push us to order things we didn't want. He was truly a gem - much like the food. I will be back more often thanks to this visit.Special Features:
- ReddstarDined on 5/24/2014I had a large group and was really impressed that they set us up on the 3rd floor, just us, as if it were our own private party but without having to pay the huge reservation fees. The food was fantastic, not the best I've ever had, but all my guests raved about the food, so it was a hit in my book. The only thing was the service. The waiter was rude to me and my friends. Don't let the waiters insist that you have to order from the tasting menu. Yes, it's easier and it takes less time to bring food, but it's more expensive and limits what you can order and it's not a requirement for large parties. I would recommend Meze for large parties.Special Features:
- Did Not Meet Expectationsgwmom2013Dined on 5/18/2014Perhaps our expectations were too high but there was nothing special about this restaurant based upon our visit. The seating was somewhat cramped, the service was average with us having to catch the waiter, the food portions were good but the food itself was average, and the food came out in intervals instead of all the dinners at the same time and so forth. The restaurant actually came recommended to us and we left feeling disapppointed.Special Features:
- Easy night outAngelmomDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I metroed and then walked to Adams Morgan, which is so much easier than trying to find parking. We sat on the patio and used our Groupon to try the 11 piece sampler menu. My husband got the meat and I got the veggie. Several items were real stsnd outs, like the zucchini pancake, the meatballs, lentil cake, snd the red pepper spread (sorry, don't remember specific names). Their mojitos were also very good, especially the basil-ginger one. Our server was gracious and attentive. We left with a vow to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, reasonable priceiatethereDined on 5/15/2014The food was excellent. The service was attentive. The prices were reasonable. We dined alfresco and enjoyed the busy street scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Awful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I would have given Meze a better review, but our service was awful. Went for Mother's Day Brunch. They were out of decaf coffee. One member of our party received his food, the same choice as two others, 25 minutes after the rest of us and only after we asked three times. I requested more coffee. The waiter left with my cup and returned with the same 1/4 full cup of cold coffee only to tell me they were making more and he would bring some out later. He never did even though we asked. The food was great, but the service was just awful. We did speak with the manager and he did apologize at least.
- ok brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I got a deal from Groupon for all-you-can-eat brunch buffet at Meze. The first rounds were really good, but as we ordered more, the quality of the food became worse and worse. We ordered a red pepper dip twice. The first time was awesome, so we ordered it again. But when it came out, it was totally not the same thing! You can also notice that the servers are less willing to serve you if you order too many rounds. It's a great deal if you have a coupon, but if not, then it's kind of expensive.Special Features:
- Interesting MenurtesmerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Honest, I sometimes buy Groupons and Living Social as its a great way to try something I havent. This was one of those. Im not sure that the food was my favorite type. But, having said that, the food was actually pretty darn surprising and good. Probably a 5, but since it wasny my favorite types of food, wasnt sure! You should try it. Loved the weather and sitting on the sidewalk patio!Special Features:
- great Turkish fare!pl0905Dined on 5/2/2014The food here was great.! We did the tasting menu & it was a great way to try the different dishes they offer. Delicious food we will be back & Van was a great server describing all the dishes for each course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!VegetarianFoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014I ran a half marathon before coming here for brunch and I was extremely satisfied! We had the bottomless brunch and it was fantastic. My boyfriend got two larger plates and I got a ton of the small plates and soups. Such a tasting adventure! And the mimosas were a nice added treat :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- groupon brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent deal for AYCE/AYCD brunch! All of out dishes were delicious and our waiter kept the bellinis coming. I'd go again even without the deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great groupon! very good place.DanivoDined on 4/26/2014The place is nice, in a good neighborhood, dinner was varied and good. The only problem arises if it rains, they are not well prepared for that. the cocktail was also good. My husband and I really enjoyed the place, dinner and had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously expensivemanderDined on 4/26/2014I liked the area, the interior was attractive enough. The mix of the attractive black and white pictures on the wall and the basketball game was off putting. But over all I would have been at least decently happy with the entire experience had it been about half the cost! That dinner was no where near worth $120.
- Great Food, Great place For a GroupFromtheburbsDined on 4/19/2014No problem with reservations for large group which is not the case with a lot of DC restaurants. Table was ready when we arrived. Food was excellent, we ate from the tasting menu which provided a good variety. They also accommodated the group when two people did not want fish. People that ordered mixed drinks raved about them. For the price I thought the wine serving was small. Finished with baklava that was awesome, and a great ending to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alrightalrightDined on 4/19/2014The food was good, but the waitstaff was fairly rude. I didn't really care for the atmosphere. Also, the tables are spaced really close together. I could hear every bit of the next table's conversation. If I stretched out my arm, I would have been able to touch them.Special Features:
- You won't get what you orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014We went for bottomless brunch (4 of us). It took a long time to get our food, and when we did it was not what we ordered. We continued to have the wrong dishes delivered to our table so we just started to eat whatever they brought since we were hungry! The server was also not good about refilling our bottomless mimosas, we had to ask another server at least 2 times to please refill our drinks. The food was good, but the service was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.