1251, rue de Champlain
Montreal, QC H2L 2R9Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://restaurantmezcla.com/
- Phone: 5145259934
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to wednesday 17h00 - 22h00
Thursday to Saturday 17h00 - 22h45
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Fusion / Eclectic, South American
- Executive Chef: Marcel Olivier Larrea
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
A word from Mezcla
Nuevo latino is a mix of South American, mainly Peruvian, cuisines adapted to French and European cooking techniques. Mezcla specializes in that mix of cultures and influences that will surprise and delight discerning palates. All fish come from environmentally responsible fisheries. + Private import wines from a variety of Latin American countries. Most of our dishes are proudly prepared using local Quebec products.A bistro ambiance, seafood, meats (glazed pork, lamb, duck and beef cheeks) and fish (including tuna and octopus) await gourmet diners. + Patio tables across from the park make for a relaxing atmosphere! / La cuisine Nuevo latino c'est un mélange de cuisine principalement du Pérou, mais adaptées aux techniques de cuisines française et européennes. C'est ce que représente le Mezcla, un «mélange» de cultures et d'influences aux résultats plus que surprenants pour les fins palais.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezcla reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mezcla ExperienceCfoodieDined on 11/23/2013The experience was very positive. It's a cute little place in the middle of nowhere (our taxi driver did not believe there was a resto at this address!). It was freezing outside & when we entered we felt it was a warm ambiance. The service was efficient and friendly. The food was amazing. We decided to try the 4 course tasting menu & it was truly superb - though portions are very small as it is a "tasting" menu! It is a little expensive, but we felt it was worth it. They also had some moderately priced wines on the wine list. The only negative was that the two small tables for 2 people (we were at one of them) were very small & right on top of a column in the room, so not that comfortable. I would return & am recommending it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2013This is truly one of the best restaurants in Montreal!!! Everything was perfect!!!! Will be our first stop next time we are in Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious yet againLauraVIPDined on 11/9/2013It was my fourth time at Mezcla and simply delicious. Can't wait to return. I especially loved the boudin empanadas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 course tasting menu wassginmontrealDined on 11/9/20137 course tasting menu was a great option for out of towners like us. Staff was helpful and fairly discreet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant withLouisDined on 11/7/2013Very good restaurant with very unique meals offering. Unfortunately, the price tag is too high for the meal you get.Special Features:
- SublimeMitchellWVIPDined on 11/1/2013Arguably the best restaurant in Montreal. For foodies and adventurous eaters this is food nirvana. Those who prefer a more traditional waiting staff and menu may be unhappy but I promise you, at this restaurant, the fusion cuisine is spectacular. The wine list is great and heavy on private import Spanish wines. The waiter recommend a Cava and a Albariño and both were very good. The wines by the glass are not cheap but reasonable given their quality. Finally, the dessert I tasted was so good I wanted to light up a cigarette after the first bite...I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dazzling experienceMangiamangiaDined on 10/31/2013To discover. Latin American like never seen and tasted before. The food is fresh and is an amazing discovery. The service is totally professional. To be triedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well balancedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013The menu struck a balance between traditional ingredients and the north american palette. Overall, a really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2013We had a great experience at Mezcla. The food and service were exceptional. The only comment I have is regarding the tasting menu. The 5 course option was not enough for a dinner, we had to oder an entree to share. But the choices were great and it got us to taste different plates.Special Features:
- Good degustation menuJseb45Dined on 10/25/2013Good if you take the degustation menu. Otherwise too expensive for what it is reallySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but amazingly deliciousGlobalFoodiesDined on 10/14/2013We were 4 people and ordered the 5-course tasting menu and it was AMAZING! Each dish was not only very nicely presented, but the taste was outstanding. The dishes appeared small at first, but we ended up being full at the end of the meal. The creations were truly delicious, mixing Peruvian dishes with French cuisine and Quebecois ingredients. The service was very attentive and the wine list had lots of choice. The ambiance was very nice too. It is pricey though, so we would only go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise!mixDaveDined on 10/9/2013LOVE loved it! what a surprise find to discover. Give them a try, and do the 7-course tasting menu for the win!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!CraftyDined on 10/5/2013Excellent Dining Experience! The foot was fantastic, ambiance was great and the attenton to detail of the wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PiscoJoseDined on 10/4/2013Hi, Everything almost perfect, but there was pisco sour sold out. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a girls night outMaggieOKDined on 9/28/2013I enjoyed a meal at Mezcla with my friend while in Montreal on vacation. The atmosphere is great for a girls night out or a celebratory dinner. The prices do suggest it's a restaurant for a special occasion. We tried the crispy shrimp starter and thought it was excellent. My second starter and main (crispy duck and braised short ribs) were also fantastic. Portion sizes are generous. My friend has dietary restrictions and they were quite accommodating, creating a special menu for her. The main of the menu, however, left something to be desired. Overall, it was a great experience and the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fusion cuisineMrSplurgeDined on 9/25/2013My wife and I arrived at Mezcla and were immediately impressed by the ambiance. The tasting menu (2 options-5 or 7 courses) consisted entirely of the chef's choices. Be aware, however that although several preparations were what some might consider adventurous, they were simply exquisite. The wine list was not as extensive as that at some fine dining establishments, but we found a perfect pairing. Service was extremely efficient and unobtrusive; I wish more high-end restaurants had staff so professional. Mezcla should not be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appreciationLucieDined on 9/19/2013Excellent resto, excellent food, excellent service, but too too EXPENSIVE!!not eerybody that can spend 280$ tax +service for e person!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise! OneTheMguyDined on 9/18/2013What a great surprise! One of my better Montreal restaurant experiences in a long time.You guys have nailed it on every level, ambiance, food,and service You guys rock !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My foodie heart is a flutteryawadrahDined on 9/6/2013The degustation menu was outstanding! The food was phenomenal. From tuna scallop fusion to smoked duck stacks; we were delighted! The service was excellent. It's noisy in there, very energetic. May go again tonight if we can procure a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit much too expensiveLuncheonetteDined on 9/6/2013I've been to a lot of restaurant in Montréal and i think that mezcla is a bit over rated. The food is really good and the quality is remarkable, but the boost that much the prices?! I don't know...
- Amazing food, pricey thoughmmmmmmikeDined on 9/3/2013The food was really great, the best I had on my visit to montreal. The red deer and foi gras appetizer blew me away. We came with one vegetarian in tow and we were hoping the menu we saw a few days earlier was indicative of what they had, but, that night, they only had one very small (tasty though) vegetarian appetizer. We asked to see if they could make some sides for her but they outright said no. Kind of inflexible. Also very expensive for the small portions. That being said, it was an amazing meal, I would definitely recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favourite in MontrealGTAWinosDined on 9/1/2013This restaurant came highly recommended by someone in the hospitality industry, and we were not disappointed. The food was inventive, well-executed and the service was solicitous, but not intrusive. The wine selection was decent, but did not have a particularly strong South American theme. We managed to find a nice Spanish Pinot Noir (Torres Mas Borras), which complements most of the dishes on the tasting menu. Speaking about the tasting menu, our whole table chose it, and everything was delicious (duck anticucho, salmon ceviche, blood pudding empanadas, duck confit and a baked apple/maple syrup/vanilla ice cream thingy), but we'll probably try the excellent looking a la carte route in our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueDBY1VIPDined on 8/30/2013Wonderfully creative and unique food. Ordered the 7 course tasting menu and everything was great. A restaurant worth traveling for. Make sure to go when you visit Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for FoodiesFoodieDined on 8/27/2013We chose the restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. It came highly recommended by friends, and the evening did not disappoint. We chose the 5 course tasting menu, and we were surprised and delighted as each course arrived. The service was very good, but with the noise level in the restaurant it was often difficult to hear what was being said as each course was served. The food was excellent.....the noise level "energetic"......partly because of the closeness of the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great discovery!CucciolottaVIPDined on 8/26/2013Had the 5-course menu de degustation. One of the best fusion cuisines I ever tried! Delicious and extremely refined. Every dish was an actual discovery. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisitely preparedrodoDined on 8/25/2013Everything was excellent. Each plate was superbly prepared and although I was apprehensive about the portions half way through the seven course tasting the quantity was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013Very innovative and delicious cuisine. We'll definitely return. The only negative was the noise level which made conversation difficult at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!newengland73Dined on 8/23/2013We are still talking about this restaurant a year later. The taste and tenderness of the sliced beef dish and the 3 course tasting menu was fantastic. Great service and memorable experience for a splurge- a great value!Special Features:
- Keep on coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2013Food is amazing at Mezcla. I've been three times so far: once for the tasting menu and twice for à la carte. Everything was great. Service is really good too. Mezcla is definitely my go-to place for peruvian inspired nuevo latino food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesGbrzDined on 8/20/2013I had a really good experience. The service was good as the waiter really knew the menu and the wine list. The food was great and the ambiance even better. It's a bit noisy as it's an open kitchen but for those who like this kind of energetic vibe it shouldn't be problematic.Special Features:
- Too much cilantroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013Everything is well done. Good service, and great quality for the food. Careful for the people that can't eat cilantro, it's everywhere. Even when it's not mentioned on the menu.Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/11/2013We chose this restaurant as one of two nice places to go in Montreal. All of the reviews of this place are great, and we went with our kids and everyone had the prix-fixe menu. I would try this place again, but I think we would have been better off picking our own food because some of the items in the prix fixe were a little unusual for the kids. The service was also a bit slow, which was only a problem because we were all starving, but the early courses were very small, so everyone ended up being a bit cranky. In the end, dinner took 2 hours and 20 minutes, which seemed a but slow given that it was only five courses. Plus, the main course came out a bit dray and overcooked. So I would want to try it again but I was not impressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for foodie familiesbjw5Dined on 8/11/2013We took a chance and brought out 12, 15 and 17 year-old children to this small, gem of a restaurant. We were made to feel welcome and the waiters we at least as attentive to our table as they were to other more 'adult' tables. This sort of reception is not always a given at restaurants in this city. We opted for the 5-course, chef's-choice menu and were delighted with the offerings. In my view, anyone who can make calf-tongue delicious has undeniable talented. The selections were varied, interesting and excellent (even if the 12 year-old passed on the octopus). Our evening was thoroughly enjoyable. We will go back as a family but I would also go back with guests from out of town or for a romantic dinner with my wife.Special Features:
- One of the best meals I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013Wow. What an experience! We ordered the 5 course tasting menu and each dish was so beautifully presented, and the food was simply amazing. Service was pretty awesome as well, they are attentive and very friendly. I'd definitely go back for another wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals of my life!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2013My daughter asked me last week to tell her about my favorite meal. I didn't have one at the time but now I do!!! Mezcla was a truly exceptional dining experience! My husband and I came to Montreal to celebrate our 30th anniversary and found Mezcla through travel review sites. We had the tasting menu ($49 and well worth it). The ingredient quality was outstanding and the combination of flavors and textures were unparalleled. The food was eclectic and not what I would order if presented with menu choices. However, we experienced one of the finest cuisine experiences that we have ever had. Service was great and the staff very friendly and knowledgeable. A true foodies find! A+++++Special Features:
- The food was superb. TriedBarryDined on 8/9/2013The food was superb. Tried the 7 course tasting menu and every dish was excellent. Waiter was friendly and knowledgable. We met the chef who was delightfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in a long timeKateMDined on 8/8/2013It was a wonderful dining experience. Food was amazing, prices were reasonable and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not enough veggiesvegetarianishDined on 8/8/2013I should have known better than to expect more vegetable-based courses at a latin restaurant. We had the chef's choice tasting prix fixe meal, While all courses were exqusite, all were fish or meat based. I would have appreciated a salad,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in MontrealDaoudiDined on 8/7/2013Loved every dish that I ordered, the Bison and desserts were delicious, expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service vraiment très courtoisMagellanDined on 8/7/2013Il s'agit de ma troisième visite - la nourriture est assez bien et présentation des plats plutôt efficace. Un peu cher mais bon...À tout coup, le service a été impeccable ce qui, à mon avis, contribue grandement à la réussite d'une soirée au resto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.