3230 E. Colfax
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezcalcolorado.com/
- Phone: 3033225219
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Roberto Diaz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Mezcal is located at 3230 E. Colfax. Open M- F 11am - 2am / Sat & Sun 10am - 2am - KITCHEN OPEN UNTIL 1AM EVERY NIGHT! Happy Hour specials: M-Sat 4-6pm and Sunday 3-6pm: $4.50 mojitos, $5 house margaritas, $2.00 PBR, $3.00 Tecate, $3 well drinks. M-Sat 10-midnight: $1 Tacos, $3 well drinks, $2.00 PBR, $3.00 Tecate, $5.50 Flora de Cana mojitos, + enjoy some margarita and tequila specials during happy hour every night of the week!
- Special Events: Kill Cupid dinner special Feb. 12th, 13th, & 14th Come in and enjoy this on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night. We are offering a three course dinner with a Gran Centenario margarita for two for $39.95 or $24.95 for one. Make your reservations now!
A word from Mezcal Denver
Mezcal is an authentic Mexican taqueria and cantina serving home-style Mexican food, fresh lime Margaritas and over 100 Tequilas and Mezcals. The restaurant’s award-winning house Margarita is made with 30-30 100% Agave silver. Mezcal’s warm décor, with Moroccan lamps and Mexican wrestling posters, embraces both traditional and popular elements of Mexican culture. The menu features familiar favorites like tacos and tamales, as well as lesser known dishes like pozole and a savory lamb barbacoa. Chef Robert Diaz’s kitchen offers up many dishes that reflect his native Chihuahua roots while others are regional staples that draw upon the varied culinary traditions of old Mexico. Tequila tastings, special dinners, and offbeat celebrations of holidays from north and south of the border ensure that the next party is just around the corner. WESTWORD: BEST TACO, 2005! WESTWORD: BEST BAR FOOD, 2005! WESTWORD: BEST TEQUILA AMBASSADOR, 2005! ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS: TOP MARGARITA, 2005!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezcal Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great food and my girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Great food and my girlfriend and I really enjoyed our valentine's dinner, our first. I would recomend Mezcal to friends and family a great experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful service. Great forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009Wonderful service. Great for a low-key, but fun night out with a date or a group of friends. Great food, fun atmosphere. Perfect if you're in the mood for a beer and tacos...or a wonderful margarita!Special Features:
- Had a 14 person birthday dinnerRestaurantBoyVIPDined on 1/15/2009Had a 14 person birthday dinner on a Thursday night - it was just what we were looking for: fun, good food, reasonably inexpensive. Love the Colfax crowd too - always intersting people watching.Special Features:
- This has not been the bestChristopherDined on 1/3/2009This has not been the best meal I and my friends have ever had. The mixed drinks were not that paletable and the food, lets just leave it at that. I will not return. I am sure Mezcal is just fine for other peoples taste buds.
- I took my girlfriend to MezcalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2008I took my girlfriend to Mezcal for their New Year's Eve special. Everything about it was ideal or better, from the wonderful servers to the dreamy food on our table. My girl said our meal (Steak/Lobster special for the holiday) was the best meal she's EVER eaten, and it was probably in my top ten or so. The margaritas were perfect as well. Wow, what a meal!Special Features:
- Mezcal is a great value. EveryGailDined on 12/21/2008Mezcal is a great value. Every dish is well-prepared, fresh, and served in generous portions. Service is friendly and efficient. Don't miss the spectacular Christmas decorations!Special Features:
- Very small serving size ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/6/2008Very small serving size of fine tequila. This place does not understand what a proper serving amount is, or how to serve it. Food was not so good either, and our male waiter was unfriendly and abrupt, but the chips and the dips were great. Background music was bad and too loud. They need to buy snifter glasses and give up their 500% margin on tequila, and all would be forgiven, except for the creepy server.
- We had dinner here and itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2008We had dinner here and it was SO LOUD that conversation was impossible. I do not recommend this establishment for people who want to converse.
- we decided mezcal is now ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2008we decided mezcal is now our number 1 mexican food restaurant of choice. excellent food, excellent and friendly service. the REAL thing!Special Features:
- This was a meeting place forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2008This was a meeting place for a quiet lunch and it met our expectations above and beyond. GREAT service, excellent tequila and good times.Special Features:
- Recent visit was okay. ---ProbablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008Recent visit was okay. ---Probably a pretty good lively hot spot for ambiance but the food was not great for real mexican taste.-- Guac Salad did not contain Bibb lettuce as stated in the menu. -- Not even good "TexMex" though, in my opinion. --Probably would not go back;as there are too many mexican places to partake of along this "Front Range" area.---Thanks for listening. HylaineSpecial Features:
- great food- mole was awsome,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2008great food- mole was awsome, chicken melted in my mouth! great margaritas! music a bit loud- seemed to have trouble modulating the volume. had to ask if there were dessert offerings. still, looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- I thought Mezcal was the perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008I thought Mezcal was the perfect mix of great food, service, and scene!Special Features:
- They would not honor the openOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2008They would not honor the open table promotion and had no children's menus because they were out. On balance, annoyance outweighs the benefits of the margaritas and happy hour pricing.
- I ordered a carnitas smotheredOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008I ordered a carnitas smothered burrito. The pork was old, hard, and made me sick. I will not go back due to poor food quality.Special Features:
- We LOVE Mezcal. We love toOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/11/2008We LOVE Mezcal. We love to go on the weekend and take our seven-month-old and when we can get a sitter, we love to go hang out in the evenings at the bar. Great ambience. The vbartenders are very knowledgable and wpnderful at helping us pick a nice tequila. Who knew I could find a tequila I enjoy sipping? We are absolutely addicted to the queso app. with chorizo. I need it to live.Special Features:
- Waiter was rushed and notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008Waiter was rushed and not very helpful and the food was decent, but nothing to get excited about. Great ambience and overall it was fun. Parking was a pain and I ended up getting a $25 ticket.Special Features:
- Not for anyone beyond theirRobertoDined on 5/9/2008Not for anyone beyond their 20s and certainly not a place for senior citizen--even active ones. Mexican food was quite good although menu was more typical of Mexican restaurants than we had been led to believe. However the noise was intolerable. Canned music was not recognizable as Mexican or latin as we would have expected. We will definitely not repeat.Special Features:
- Fun, colorful place with surprisingMaggieMaeDined on 5/4/2008Fun, colorful place with surprisingly good food and a relaxed, kick-back, neighborhood atmosphere.Special Features:
- Need a new category: "BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2008Need a new category: "Best place to pretend you're still in Austin." Love the salsas. Food is consistent and good though it does not rise to "foodie" level.
- The food here is always amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The food here is always amazing, but it tends to get very loud. Great if you want a delicious dinner - not so great if you were hoping to catch up with a friend.Special Features:
- The music was exceptionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The music was exceptionally loud making it very difficult to carry a conversation at the dinner table. If you are looking for a clubby bar scene not downtown this is a good choice, but not a very good restaurant for dinner with friends.
- This was supposed to be anOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2008This was supposed to be an introduction to Tequila Mayor and a special tequila dinner. The other ones that we have attended have really been interesting with great descriptions of the process involved in a particular tequila and generous tasting of the tequila as well as usually some fun trinkets to take home (shot glasses, mixers, t-shirts). There was no info about the tequila available, the representative stopped at our table for one minute but said nothing other than "everything ok?", portions of the tequila were skimpy with no refills and no initial Margarita included (all other ones have been generous and given a free Margarita at the beginning. No fun trinkets to take home. The food was ok but not like other great meals.Special Features:
- The food was really good andKathoobieDined on 4/8/2008The food was really good and the mojitos were great. Great location across from the Bluebird Theater, so it's a good choice for before a show there. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- I thought the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2008I thought the experience was good overall. We attended when the restaurant was not very busy, so I could not get an overall feel of what it would be like at their busiest times. The food was very good. The Tamal plate that I had was very good and the chili sauce on my date's enchilada plate was excellent. Our server was very good. I wish I could remember his name...very attentive and personable. Oh, and my margaritas were very enjoyable! :) Overall a very good experience...I will attend again anytime I am going to a show at the Bluebird.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, andMicheleDined on 3/21/2008The food was wonderful, and the service very good as well. The only complaint I would have is that I made Open Table reservations for 7:30 and we didn't get seated until after 8pm.Special Features:
- The wait staff were the nicestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008The wait staff were the nicest I've ever experienced, especially the young lady who sat us. The music was WAY too loud and one had to practically yell to have a conversation, so that's one way they could greatly improve it, just lower the volume of the music so people can talk and hear one another. Other than that it was very pleasurable.Special Features:
- Good selection of tequilaswhineandfoodVIPDined on 10/6/2007Good selection of tequilas for sipping. Our waiter was very attentive and the atmosphere is fun!Special Features: