30 Major Taylor Blvd
Worcester, MA 01608Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nichehospitality.com/
- Phone: 5089268307
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mezcal
Now in a new location, Mezcal pioneered the flavors of the Southwest to Worcester. Blending traditional Mexican plates with the colors and flavors of the increasingly popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine, Mezcal has been a hit since day one. Add in made to order guacamole, an unrivaled tequila list and outdoor seating to make the decision that much easier. Mezcal’s exceptional service, warm hospitality and amazing value make it a choice worth considering again and again. Mezcal Tequila Cantina is part of Niche Hospitality Group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mezcal - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Mezcal reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (88)great for outdoor dining (64)fit for foodies (54)hot spot (50)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (37)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (29)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (20)romantic (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Change is not always good.EvrydineGts2chncsDined on 9/14/2014I visited this restaurant in it's old location several times and enjoyed it. In the new location, it seems to have transformed into a Chipotle Grill with a cafeteria feel, no more ambiance. The menu and it's creativity has been replaced with a limited "quick" menu. The food , other than being wrong was horrible, salty, ground protein with no personality. The margarita I ordered came out three different ways, was supposed to be the same drink(sent the second back). The service was lackadaisical and fairly unfriendly. Darn! I used to like this place, but I will not go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Mezcal to celebrate a 21st birthday as a family. The margaritas were awesome! The guacamole was good too, we ordered the sampler and next time I would get the guacamole straight up. Although the add ins were good,, I think they detractcted from the flavor of the dip in general. Our servers could not have been more attentive, they never interrupted a conversation, and came at regular intervals to check and see how we liked the drinks, food and dessert. A very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezcal - tasty, tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Had dinner this weekend at Mezcal in its new location near the DCU Center. They always has great margaritas and guacamole and still do. YEA! And the tacos were delish too! The new place is about four times the size and the old. Really nice vibe.Special Features:
- Mad for Mezcaldiner23Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to Mezcal for our 10th anniversary dinner. Michelle was our server and she was lovely...very friendly and accommodating. The food was so good that I have been craving it ever since!!! We chose the 2 for $45 deal and it was MORE than enough food for the two of us...guac and chips (the breakfast guacamole was my favorite), nachos, steak fajitas, and shrimp risotto. Great margaritas too! I can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The vegetarian options at Mezcal are great. It's not just beans rice and cheese. They have an excellent veggie chili. Also they have a vegetarian option for each type of food and they actually use interesting veggies. My favorite is the tacos with cauliflower, butternut squash and tempura avacado!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mid-week dinner!BirthdayDinner2013Dined on 9/1/2014This place can get very busy on weekends but during the week or on a holiday like we went, it can be very quiet and a great place to get great food and hang out with friends and family. Great food, especially get the Dinner for ___ (2,4,etc)....so worth it for the $$!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good guac, margaritas, poor foodShrewsFoodieDined on 8/31/2014There is nothing authentic about this restaurant. Overpriced but poor quality food. Enjoyed the guacamole flight and the ritas, would possibly go back for a drink, maybe.
- SaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The only real complaint is some of the dishes had too much salt. Namely the ceviche and the chicken fajitas. The waiter was very slow and odd mannered, almost to the point of being off putting. Other then that we really enjoyed our night and would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Mezcal a great spot in WorcesterChuckDined on 8/29/2014Frequent stop when passing through Worcester, just a short ride from the highway, with free valet parking. Dine inside or out; TVs abound for sporting events. Food, drinks and service always excellent, wish it was closer to home. Quick service for events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, disappointing serviceLovemesomeMargaritasDined on 8/24/2014We have always loved Mezcal because of it's delicious, fresh food as well as the impeccable service. So, when my husband and I got the rare opportunity to go out to dinner without our kids, we immediately chose Mezcal. While I was a little disappointed by the noise level at this new location on a previous visit, the noise wasn't a factor at this visit as the restaurant was much less crowded. I still missed the intimacy of the smaller location, especially as our server wasn't as attentive. She was careless with my gluten allergy and slow with our drink service, seeming busy in a almost empty restaurant. However, the food was still amazing and while I had hoped to have one more drink and feel more leisurely, we still left satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezcal is always fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I love Mezcal. Everyone that works there is super friendly. The margaritas are amazing! The guacamole is the best thing ever! The lobster tacos should be a part of the regular menu, I would probably eat them everyday!Special Features:
- Fun and Fine FoodLNMFoodLoversVIPDined on 8/21/2014On our brief stay in Westborough, we looked for unique restaurants nearby. All we can say is - believe the reviews of Mezcal in Worcester. Fun Mexican/Southwestern food, freshly made, with a creative twist. Where else could we find lobster quesadillas and duck confit chimichangas? If you prefer, you can order the habanero or ghost pepper sauce to spice up your dish. Pair that with fabulous margaritas, and you have one great experience!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and DrinkscapennDined on 8/17/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE the guacamole and margaritas!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Love MezcallauraCDined on 8/16/2014We have been a number of times without the kids, but this time we took the kids (both toddlers). We went early (5pm) so that it wouldn't be busy and they'd be more accommodating for the kiddos. I didn't even know they had a kids menu, so was very pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be back with and without the kids.Special Features:
- New location, new vibeRitagonzVIPDined on 8/14/2014So I've been told. They have a FABULOUS selection of desert juice... ode to the spiny one! I was not wowed by the taco bar, but in college town and working folks on a time crunch, the all-you-can-eat for $10.99 will hit the spot without leaving you in the poor house. That said, the taste is, edible but not memorable. There were other interesting things on the menu, and I look forward to coming back and trying them out. Steve, our server, was the bomb!!! A GREAT server. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent! Gluten Free safe-havenAliceDined on 8/13/2014I can't believe I haven't been to MezCal before now. I need to eat gluten free due to Celiac Disease. The waitress and manager were understanding and knowledgeable, and took time with me to go over what I wanted and what they could make. They double checked all of the ingredients and cooking prep with the chef. The food was very fresh and different. This will be a regular restaurant for me now.Special Features:
- ReviewJL52Dined on 8/13/2014Our waitress was awesome. She walked us through all the tequila options explaining everything to us so we could choose the type of margherita we wanted. Really very helpful. My only suggestion is that I thought the chicken leg appetizer were a bit skimpy on the meat. I would prefer 3 or 4 good sized legs with meat rather than 9 that were mostly skin and bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise.SusanKDined on 8/13/2014We hadn't eaten at Mezcal since the move from Shrewsbury Street location and were pleasantly surprised at the new site. Food was excellent and wait staff was very attentive. We had 2 children with us who ordered off of the children's menu and finished their whole meal. A very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We have never had a bad experience at Mezcal. Hosts, Food, waitstaff, validated parking...All Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date nightKatty17Dined on 8/9/2014Great drink menu. I recommend their house specials, especially the steak. Price is decent for the quality of food. Service is always fantastic.Special Features:
- not happypatsfanVIPDined on 8/8/2014The dining experience was great however I booked this as a 1000 point meal. I got 100 and went back to my email confirm that showed 100. I guess I need to pay attention to the bait and switchI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!TapasDelightDined on 8/8/2014First time at Mezcal, we had a great time! Our food was mouthwatering delicious! I was even surprised how good the desert was (fried ice cream & brownie). The only negative I would say was the drinks. I had a Guava Cava margarita and there was so much salt in the drink like it fell off the rim and the proportions of the mix & tequila was not right. I drank it anyway, but after I ordered a sangria and that too was disappointing. But even with the drinks not being up to par, the food and service made the night! Our waitress was great and very descriptive on the food and I can't say enough about the tastiness of all 3 courses that came out. Myself and my husband were very pleased with our dinner.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJoelDined on 8/1/2014Have been to Mezcal many times. This is the first time since they moved to a larger facility. Still great!Special Features:
- Good Taco Bar for lunchWorcester2dinersDined on 7/30/2014Nice selection of items at taco bar. The taco bar servers were efficient but not overly friendly. We were there around 1:30pm and it wasn't very busy. However it was at least 5 mins before our waitress came to the table. She couldn't have had more than 2 tables at the time and we noted at least 4 servers. Easy to get to and they validate for parking. However, it's the food that will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceElizraDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I went to Mecal The entire experience was awful . We were told by the hostess that the wait would be 30-45 minutes , however I was able to grab a reservation on open table and get seated within 15 minutes . It took our waitress about 10 minutes before she greeted us . After my wife and I placed our drink orders , the waitress came back to take our appetizers. We ordered the house guac which is pretty good , however we watched as the tables around us (all whom were seated after us ) received their food . Our waitress apologized 2 seperate times for not having our appetizer and finally after 30 minutes we received it. To make a long story short after an hour in a half waiting my PRENANT wife and I never received our food an left !Special Features:
- Great lunchvisitingOrlandoDined on 7/21/2014I brought a couple of clients here for a casual lunch on a beautiful day. We decided to eat outdoors and it was fabulous. A very relaxing environment, great for conversation (except for a few ambulances that had their sirens going), great food, great service. I had a beef burrito and it was just right. A hefty portion of shredded beef in a crisp tortilla with just the right amount of sauce. My companions had tacos and they loved them. We'll be coming back.Special Features:
- Wonderful meeting placeChuckDined on 7/13/2014Met some friends in Worcester for a pleasant Sunday afternoon dinner and watch some the World Cup final. Staff attentive, food and drinks very good. Easy access from I 290, near DC center. Would recommend for adults and families, plenty of room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SophieH3481Dined on 7/12/2014The food was good but pricey. The atmosphere and decor were great but it was very loud. The house margarita was delicious and the least expensive by far.Special Features:
- Nice spot downtown4merbozDined on 7/11/2014Nice spot across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Worcester. Food was very good and staff was kind, knowledgeable of the menu and not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014The chocolate chip cookie guac was to die for!!! Food is awesome everytime I go there. Pom-peach margs.. yum!! no compliants! Service was awesome - very attentive!Special Features:
- Need more veggie optionskmbumpDined on 7/3/2014Very few options for vegans / veg. I have made suggestions that they list how something can be made vegan or have a mark for vegetarian - make vegan on their menu. The kitchen & wait staff do accommodate special requests, however, including soft corn tortillas instead of chips fried in the same oil as seafood. We went on a Thursday evening this time & it was very loud and busy & our food took an extra long time. That said, we LOVE the guacamole flight (except that I'd like more vegan selections) and enjoyed that and our margarita pitcher (incredible choice of tequila & we always customize with fresh lime juice & Cointreau for an extra charge). I thought we should be charged LESS for our entrees since we ordered them w/o cheese or cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choiceGoodFoodEaterDined on 6/28/2014A loud and vibrant environment. I like the open dining, but does make loud. Like the new location.Special Features:
- Love the spacious new locationtillieDined on 6/28/2014All the food was delicious! I especially loved the fresh guacamole. The new location allows plenty of outdoor seating, as well as having the glass window-doors that slide open to let the outdoors in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMargoDined on 6/27/2014We've been looking for a restaurant like this for a long time. Unusual cuts of meat cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- MezcalwickedfoodieDined on 6/23/2014This was my second time going since they opened in their new location. I'm still not crazy about it. The old restaurant was fabulous and I don't know what happened with the move. The guacamole is still delicious, but the rest of the food is just okay and the margs are not as good as they used to be.Special Features:
- USA Soccer SundayJeanieDined on 6/22/2014I thought I wasn't a fan of Mexican food until I went to Mezcal after work one Tuesday. I am hooked! I love the fresh guacomole, choice of tacos, quesadillas, and especially the prices. Great spot! I brought 3 who lived in Texas and love authentic Mexican food. They loved Mezcal! Next week I am meeting friends working in Leominster at that location. I am sure I won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasioncourtemm34Dined on 6/22/2014We are big fans of the Mezcal in Leominster and decided to try the one in Worcester for my mother's birthday. The ambience is noteworthy--the open layout and sidewalk seating make you forget that you are dining below a parking garage. Our waitress was attentive and informed about the food and drink menus. The margaritas and guacamole flights are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceRLSPLSDined on 6/21/2014Great location. Valet parking is very convenient. The menu has excellent choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swankie to commonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It used to be a quite, trendy, romantic place to get into. Now it's a louder version of Margaritas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okLongTimeVeganDined on 6/19/2014We were able to get tasty vegan main course items quite easily. Kudos for that. However, the side portions, though positively huge, didn't taste very good compared to the main course items. An unacceptable problem was we were freezing due to ridiculously cold air conditioning. This, in spite of sitting essentially outside on a beautiful gentle evening. The waiter and manager said they would make it warmer, but never did.Special Features: