Mezcal Cantina - Leominster
20 Central Street
Leominster, MA 01453Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Mezcal Cantina - Leominster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezcalcantina.com/
- Phone: (978) 728-4084
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:30 pm; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mezcal Cantina - Leominster
Mezcal pioneered the flavors of the Southwest to Worcester. Now we expanded to Leominster! Blending traditional Mexican plates with the colors and flavors of the increasingly popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine, Mezcal has been a hit since day one. Add in made to order guacamole, an unrivaled tequila list and outdoor seating to make the decision that much easier. Mezcal’s exceptional service, warm hospitality and amazing value make it a choice worth considering again and again. Mezcal Tequila Cantina is part of Niche Hospitality Group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mezcal Cantina - Leominster reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not impressedJL52Dined on 11/15/2014Margaritas were great. Food was so-so. Service was poor. They brought the wrong appetizer and one of our meals was wrong so they had to remake it.
- the guacamole.guacloverDined on 11/5/2014Best guacamole ever! Keep it coming. I will keep on coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the guac!MomoDined on 11/1/2014Their guacamole is fantastic! I would go back just for that. And their drinks! We had margaritas which were good but they had some other interesting drinks on the menu. Will have to try those in the future. Our server could not have been more accommodating. We were there relatively early for a Saturday night (6:30) so it was quiet at first but filled up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent waiterAngieDined on 10/20/2014We dined on Monday night, myself, my husband and son. The food was excellent and the service even better! Our waiter answered every question and accommodated our every request. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we <3 mezcalkerryyoDined on 10/18/2014Mezcal never disappoints! Awesome service! Delicious Coconut Raspberry margarita! :)Special Features:
- outstanding mexican foodevolverDined on 10/11/2014This was my first visit to Mezcal. Everything was top notch. The service was exceptional. The Margaritas alone are worth returning for. All three guacamoles sampled were great. And every entree was perfect. And prices are very reasonable. My new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNODeanoDined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent. The service was super. Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in LeominsterLarryDined on 10/4/2014We went on a Saturday night. When we got there, it was early- around 5 and the place was empty. When we left around 7- it was packed. The chicken mole was awesome. So were the margaritas ! I also really liked the creme brulee.Special Features:
- Just Okay2ndTimerVIPDined on 9/28/2014If you believe that Mexican food is comfort food that should be delivered on a plate that is hot to the touch, with generous portions, well seasoned, and reasonably priced, this is not the place for you. If ambiance and presentation are more important to you, then I would recommend Mezcal to you.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!happyheatherDined on 9/27/2014Love, love, love Mezcal! A group of girlfriends and I got here every few months for birthdays or girls' nights and it's always a good time. The margaritas are excellent (coconut raspberry is my fave!) and we always get a few different apps to share (try the jalapeno rice balls and the thai rooster guac!). I'm not crazy about the regular entrees, but this is definitely a great place for drinks and apps. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual.foodie9VIPDined on 9/15/2014Great place for casual Mexican food. Have been here several times. Service has always been good. Amazing selection of Tequila for margaritas! It's our go-to place for Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luvs2EatGoodFoodLuv2EatDined on 9/7/2014Love this place! I love the change of specials every month based off of the local in season foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to goodNickDined on 9/5/2014We enjoy Mexican food so we thought we would try Mexcal in Leominster. It is convenient in the downtown area of this dying city and the food is good. We recommend the house Magaritas and guacamole as well as the Queso Fundido. I would return for another visit if others wanted to try it but I feel we are fortunate to have IXTAPA, in neighboring Lunenburg as a more interesting Mexican food alternative. The service is slow and the noise level was high. If you find yourself in Leominster...swing by and tell us what YOU think.Special Features:
- CityhopperDined on 9/4/2014I had visitors from out of town in and they wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant. I had been here with my friend for drinks and app's, so i thought this would be a great place. It was outstanding. I made sure they tried the Guacamole, it's awesome. They loved it, the food and the overall place. It was a great evening and dinner. My family will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvTeguillaDined on 8/30/2014The service was good, although our waitress who was very friendly, always smiling took a long time to come back and see if we were finished. the air conditioning we were told was turned off or up was a bit too cold for us. we sat by the window by the front door on the right side as you looked at the door from inside the restaurant. i had to go get my dates jacket. we would of liked to sit outside but did not want to look at the parking lot. you need a 'decorator' to come and 'block' the view of the parking lot with tall pots with plants. or something.Special Features:
- Mezcal in LeominsterJackieluvdineoutDined on 8/28/2014Awesome food, sooo much food....we went a group of 9 girls on our girls night out, we had the most delicious dinner with appetizers, dessert and great margaritas. The waitress was just fab....right there to explain it all to us and make suggestions, not too noisy or too quite, perfect for conversation without the shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Guacamole and drinksEatieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I just want to come back for the different flavored guacamole. The food is outstanding too but I got so full on the guacamole I had to take my meal to go (which was devious the next day.) I've been back twice will go again. It is busy so plan ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We meet another family here once and a while for dinner! We get the big booth by the window in front so we can all sit comfortably. The Guacamole is AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentjohnsonra2VIPDined on 8/20/2014Always consistently good food and service. The Chorizo and Shrimp dish is delicious. The rice balls are great too. They have every imaginable tequila.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedmajorettefoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014I have been to Mexcal a few times. Each time I hoped that it would be better than the time before. Sadly, that was not the case this time either. I did really enjoy the outdoor seating, huge plus for this area.Special Features:
- It's Mezcal's fault I ate too much!JohnnyRavioliDined on 8/1/2014The Mediterranean Guacamole was outstanding. I'm usually not a big fan of Mexican style food, but their twist on the Chimichanga made it a dining experience rather than a take out item.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 230 reviews are from the Mezcal Cantina - Leominster reviews archive.
- Awesome Mexican FoodLuv2EatDined on 7/27/2014Healthy choices, amazing food... Great staff... This is our go to spot when we are looking for something different to eat yet not expensive. We absolutely love the 2/$45 dinner special and it's perfect for sharing plates with each other and getting a little bit more intimate during dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014I had a maple bacon guacamole that was amazing. They have a jicama slaw that was also pretty damn amazing. The duck confit chimichanga was deliciousSpecial Features:
- It's all about the guacKkmEsquireDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I have dined at Mezcal, both in Worcester and Leominster, on several occasions, and love the guacamole, but the entrees never quite seem to impress. We are big fans of some of their appetizers and of course, the margaritas are great. So, I would definitely recommend Mezcal as a place to grab apps and cocktails before an event or for a light meal. Unfortunately, we have found both locations to be LOUD for dining. But for groups, or sitting at the bar, the ambience at both locations is enjoyable. The service is always prompt, but a bit slow with check-to-change.Special Features:
- Good food, great tequila.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Food was good. I’m not a guacamole fan but I really enjoyed the house version. Best I have had. We ordered an assortment of classic Mexican dishes. Very good fish taco. Drinks were exceptional esp. if you are in to tequila. Our server was pleasant enough but just a bit "off. The best way to phrase it was that he was present but not engaging as if he was waiting for us and not on us. Overall, a solid choice.
- Great lunchKMacVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our first trip to Mezcal Leominster. We're frequent diners at the Worcester location. The dining space is more intimate than the Worcester location. They do have outdoor tables, but it was hot so we stayed inside. As usual, they are creative with the guacamole recipes. We had a flight of the house, Thai Rooster, and special of the day -- bacon and maple syrup. Yum! Our entrees were the fish sandwich, duck confit burrito and chicken taco salad. All were fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemjohnsonra2VIPDined on 7/3/2014Always a good meal and service. I've never had a bad experience here. Try the habanero infused tequila.Special Features:
- Best Mexican anywhere!lauraluVIPDined on 6/21/2014Love, Love, Love Mezcal. Food is always fresh, wait staff is excellent, margaritas the best!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our waitress brandy was amazing and informative. It was very clean, friendly and inviting. The food was great best guacamole ice ever had and the drinks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mezcalJayJVIPDined on 5/31/2014Much better ambiance than their place in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GuacamoleLoopsDined on 5/30/2014Guacamole was very tasty and fresh. Had the taco plate and it was fair to good. Fish taco was good, a bit spicy, pork was also good, but chicken taco was not memorable, just too bland. The fried plantains were excellent Drinks good, but small. Overall a good place, but I prefer the Worcester location and feel this was a better overall experience.Special Features:
- Decent Food, Lacking AtmosphereGoGonzoGoDined on 5/25/2014I have been to Mezcal in Worcester. This time we decided to give the Leominster restaurant a try. Drinks are good. The house margarita at $6 is tasty. The food is good as well. Where Mezcal falls far short is the atmosphere. Except for a few very generic Mexican family pictures (who knows who they are), you wouldn't know you were in a Mexican restaurant. It's so bland. White trim, beige walls - heck it looks like my living room (minus the pix). Even the music was awful. Elton John, U2?? Really? Really?? Let's go Mezcal - liven it up. The decor stinks, the music stinks. Good food. Almost a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We have been on several occasions the food is not worth the $ at all. All of the people in the party of 6 with the exception of 1 were unhappy with their meal.
- Expected much moreChefBleuDined on 5/22/2014The starters were awesome. Especially the wings. The service was slow but her smile and kindness kept us going. The entrees were a bit bland. Really expected some bold flavors. The atmosphere was great . Maybe a little more lighting in some areas. We wanted to meet the chef, but the hostess said no one wanted to come out to meet us. I requested to meet the chef on my reservation. I go to these places because of phantom gourmet. I would say he owes me one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014The last two times I have been to Mezcal the food was barely mediocre. I hate the tiny tables on the bar side squished together. They are so close I can't hear the conversation I am in, yet hear everybody else's chatter.
- Great meal and margarita!TMsbhDined on 5/15/2014I got the salmon special and it was excellent. We shared guacamole and that was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezcal great again!obamadeusDined on 5/11/2014Not my 1st time here, and it seemed better than before. The service was great, although a team effort. All the severs were friendly and proficient. The guacamole is very nice. We had a flight of three (I can't remember which, but all were good.) The house 'Ritas were good enough, very smooth. I had a quesadilla which was plentiful and tasty. Others in my group also has nice plates, tacos and enchiladas. The outdoor dining is just the patio at the back of the place looking onto the parking lot, but it's still nice and mostly private & quieter than the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better last time.nothardtopleaseDined on 5/11/2014I dined at this place on a Friday night the first time. The service was prompt, menu varied, and food good. The second time I went for a Sunday lunch. They were under-staffed. Our waiter was the bartender and was gone for long periods of time. The menu was very limited and the food was over done. Not a great experience. Not sure I'll go back.
- One of my Fave'slauraluVIPDined on 5/9/2014I love this restaurant, guacamole always fresh & delicious. Lot's of great options for entree's Have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Love This PlaceHappytoSpoilMyGirlDined on 5/3/2014My fiancé & I go here at least once a month to try the featured specials. They have the best drinks & most authentic Mexican food around! We love the 2/45 dining specials & the larger specials are great for groups of friends that are unsure what to try. Sharing food promotes conversation that does not revolve around work, bills or life stresses. That's why we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.