Mezcal Cantina - Leominster
20 Central Street
Leominster, MA 01453Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Mezcal Cantina - Leominster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezcalcantina.com/
- Phone: 9787284084
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:30 pm; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mezcal Cantina - Leominster
Mezcal pioneered the flavors of the Southwest to Worcester. Now we expanded to Leominster! Blending traditional Mexican plates with the colors and flavors of the increasingly popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine, Mezcal has been a hit since day one. Add in made to order guacamole, an unrivaled tequila list and outdoor seating to make the decision that much easier. Mezcal’s exceptional service, warm hospitality and amazing value make it a choice worth considering again and again. Mezcal Tequila Cantina is part of Niche Hospitality Group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mezcal Cantina - Leominster - Best Restaurants in Leominster ›
Mezcal Cantina - Leominster reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (15)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)romantic (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We meet another family here once and a while for dinner! We get the big booth by the window in front so we can all sit comfortably. The Guacamole is AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentjohnsonra2VIPDined on 8/20/2014Always consistently good food and service. The Chorizo and Shrimp dish is delicious. The rice balls are great too. They have every imaginable tequila.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedmajorettefoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014I have been to Mexcal a few times. Each time I hoped that it would be better than the time before. Sadly, that was not the case this time either. I did really enjoy the outdoor seating, huge plus for this area.Special Features:
- It's Mezcal's fault I ate too much!JohnnyRavioliDined on 8/1/2014The Mediterranean Guacamole was outstanding. I'm usually not a big fan of Mexican style food, but their twist on the Chimichanga made it a dining experience rather than a take out item.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Mexican FoodLuv2EatDined on 7/27/2014Healthy choices, amazing food... Great staff... This is our go to spot when we are looking for something different to eat yet not expensive. We absolutely love the 2/$45 dinner special and it's perfect for sharing plates with each other and getting a little bit more intimate during dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014I had a maple bacon guacamole that was amazing. They have a jicama slaw that was also pretty damn amazing. The duck confit chimichanga was deliciousSpecial Features:
- It's all about the guacKkmEsquireDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I have dined at Mezcal, both in Worcester and Leominster, on several occasions, and love the guacamole, but the entrees never quite seem to impress. We are big fans of some of their appetizers and of course, the margaritas are great. So, I would definitely recommend Mezcal as a place to grab apps and cocktails before an event or for a light meal. Unfortunately, we have found both locations to be LOUD for dining. But for groups, or sitting at the bar, the ambience at both locations is enjoyable. The service is always prompt, but a bit slow with check-to-change.Special Features:
- Good food, great tequila.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Food was good. I’m not a guacamole fan but I really enjoyed the house version. Best I have had. We ordered an assortment of classic Mexican dishes. Very good fish taco. Drinks were exceptional esp. if you are in to tequila. Our server was pleasant enough but just a bit "off. The best way to phrase it was that he was present but not engaging as if he was waiting for us and not on us. Overall, a solid choice.
- Great lunchKMacDined on 7/6/2014This was our first trip to Mezcal Leominster. We're frequent diners at the Worcester location. The dining space is more intimate than the Worcester location. They do have outdoor tables, but it was hot so we stayed inside. As usual, they are creative with the guacamole recipes. We had a flight of the house, Thai Rooster, and special of the day -- bacon and maple syrup. Yum! Our entrees were the fish sandwich, duck confit burrito and chicken taco salad. All were fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemjohnsonra2VIPDined on 7/3/2014Always a good meal and service. I've never had a bad experience here. Try the habanero infused tequila.Special Features:
- Best Mexican anywhere!lauraluVIPDined on 6/21/2014Love, Love, Love Mezcal. Food is always fresh, wait staff is excellent, margaritas the best!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our waitress brandy was amazing and informative. It was very clean, friendly and inviting. The food was great best guacamole ice ever had and the drinks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mezcalJayJVIPDined on 5/31/2014Much better ambiance than their place in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GuacamoleLoopsDined on 5/30/2014Guacamole was very tasty and fresh. Had the taco plate and it was fair to good. Fish taco was good, a bit spicy, pork was also good, but chicken taco was not memorable, just too bland. The fried plantains were excellent Drinks good, but small. Overall a good place, but I prefer the Worcester location and feel this was a better overall experience.Special Features:
- Decent Food, Lacking AtmosphereGoGonzoGoDined on 5/25/2014I have been to Mezcal in Worcester. This time we decided to give the Leominster restaurant a try. Drinks are good. The house margarita at $6 is tasty. The food is good as well. Where Mezcal falls far short is the atmosphere. Except for a few very generic Mexican family pictures (who knows who they are), you wouldn't know you were in a Mexican restaurant. It's so bland. White trim, beige walls - heck it looks like my living room (minus the pix). Even the music was awful. Elton John, U2?? Really? Really?? Let's go Mezcal - liven it up. The decor stinks, the music stinks. Good food. Almost a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We have been on several occasions the food is not worth the $ at all. All of the people in the party of 6 with the exception of 1 were unhappy with their meal.
- Expected much moreChefBleuDined on 5/22/2014The starters were awesome. Especially the wings. The service was slow but her smile and kindness kept us going. The entrees were a bit bland. Really expected some bold flavors. The atmosphere was great . Maybe a little more lighting in some areas. We wanted to meet the chef, but the hostess said no one wanted to come out to meet us. I requested to meet the chef on my reservation. I go to these places because of phantom gourmet. I would say he owes me one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014The last two times I have been to Mezcal the food was barely mediocre. I hate the tiny tables on the bar side squished together. They are so close I can't hear the conversation I am in, yet hear everybody else's chatter.
- Great meal and margarita!TMsbhDined on 5/15/2014I got the salmon special and it was excellent. We shared guacamole and that was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezcal great again!obamadeusDined on 5/11/2014Not my 1st time here, and it seemed better than before. The service was great, although a team effort. All the severs were friendly and proficient. The guacamole is very nice. We had a flight of three (I can't remember which, but all were good.) The house 'Ritas were good enough, very smooth. I had a quesadilla which was plentiful and tasty. Others in my group also has nice plates, tacos and enchiladas. The outdoor dining is just the patio at the back of the place looking onto the parking lot, but it's still nice and mostly private & quieter than the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better last time.nothardtopleaseDined on 5/11/2014I dined at this place on a Friday night the first time. The service was prompt, menu varied, and food good. The second time I went for a Sunday lunch. They were under-staffed. Our waiter was the bartender and was gone for long periods of time. The menu was very limited and the food was over done. Not a great experience. Not sure I'll go back.
- One of my Fave'slauraluVIPDined on 5/9/2014I love this restaurant, guacamole always fresh & delicious. Lot's of great options for entree's Have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Love This PlaceHappytoSpoilMyGirlDined on 5/3/2014My fiancé & I go here at least once a month to try the featured specials. They have the best drinks & most authentic Mexican food around! We love the 2/45 dining specials & the larger specials are great for groups of friends that are unsure what to try. Sharing food promotes conversation that does not revolve around work, bills or life stresses. That's why we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 210 reviews are from the Mezcal Cantina - Leominster reviews archive.
- Good Food, Good DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014I like the food, and the drinks were good, but the portions of the drinks were a bit small. We barely got 3 drinks out of the pitcher of margaritas, so it wasn't a great deal......Special Features:
- Great experience!diloremDined on 4/25/2014The hostess and server were wonderful! There was so much food included with the Groupon that we ended up bringing most of our meals home. We did get the flight of guacamole (a must-have IMO) in addition to the 3 appetizers, and that was plenty for 5 adults and 2 children. Of course we managed to leave room for the 3 fried ice cream desserts though!Special Features:
- Good MargaritasDineHappyDined on 4/25/2014I go to MezCal for the excellent Margaritas and Guac - great selection and freshly made. The guac orders are HUGE - way too much for two - so be sure to ask for a smaller portion (not listed on the menu) if you're eating dinner too. The rest of the menu is just okay. If you do order "real food" I've had no issues with the Fajitas or the Fish and Chips. For apps the Jalapeno Rice Balls are good. The drinks are the best thing about MezCal - bar staff does a great job.Special Features:
- fantastic!TimmyCDined on 4/25/2014Great margaritas and amazing guacamole! Services is always spot on. Love this place. My only criticism is the chips are EXTREMELY salty. I wish they'd find another brand or make them in house with less salt.Special Features:
- OutstandingEatieVIPDined on 4/19/2014I live in NYC and Los Angeles and I was surprised to find a place that served such tasty Mexi-cal food. Too bad it's not closer to my home.Special Features:
- Another Satisfied TripLocalGringoDined on 4/12/2014Happy to say this is now my "go to" when unsure about what to eat. Service always timely and helpful, knowledgable of the menu. Always quick to provide good suggestions baed on having tried already. Can be loud in the dining area closest to the bar but mostly happy chatter. Food is authentic, fresh and creative. Usually get the chef's special and never been disappointed. Price is reasonable and worth every bite. Great addition to the local food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentjohnsonra2VIPDined on 4/4/2014Always a good meal and plenty of tequila too choose from. :-)Special Features:
- Great choice for a fun eveningledhed1234Dined on 3/28/2014What a great choice for an evening going out with another good couple of friends! We had the night for 4, so were able to sample apps, entrees and desserts. The wings we had were awesome--just the right mix of spicy and sweet. Steak entrees were well liked. My shrimp risotto was superb. The two desserts we chose were delicious--fried ice cream and crème brûlée. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014I went to Mezcal for lunch on a Sunday and the guacamole was delicious, I wasn't too fond of how thin the chips were and how they couldn't stand up to the guac. I got a taco salad that was good. Mexican food is not particularly my favorite food but I can say with certainty that this is one of the better Mexican restaurants in the area. I would definitely go again but maybe on a Friday or Saturday night when there is also a full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leominster OriginalkellceyDined on 3/1/2014When we moved to Leominster we had a hard time finding local, original, non-italian restaurants. Mezcal has an amazing tequilla list, surprising gaucamole options and delicious standard mexican dishes. My only negative is that its a tight space, but I enjoy the cozy, energetic feel.Special Features:
- Not a great time.KmrakidDined on 3/1/2014We had a nice night out but that was mainly due to the fact I was spending time with my wife. First, the noise level in this restaurant was louder than TGIFridays, we literally could not hear each other talking and we were sitting right across the table from each other. Second, the service was very slow, over an hour and a half before we even got our dinner. Third, waiter got our soft drink order wrong twice. Fourth, the food: appetizer was wrong twice, chicken coating was visually burned, should have never left the kitchen. Polenta was dry and under-cooked, it had the texture of day old fried rice. Bread pudding was dry and other than the topping had no flavor. We also found that 2 nearby tables with the same waiter had similar issues.
- GuacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014The guacamole is fabulous! They have an app with three different types (you choose the flavors) comes with tri-colored chips and I always ask for flour tortillas warmed and cut into triangles. Soooo good. If you like guacamole your definitely should try this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezcal never disappointsSterlingiteDined on 2/24/2014Having been to both the Worcester and Leominster locations several times, I have never been disappointed by the food and service at Mezcal. I was pleasantly surprised by the updated menu since my last visit. I highly recommend the spicy yet flavorful drumstick appetizer - in fact, all of the appetizers were so good that our large group of friends was rather full when dinner arrived. My only caution would be the desserts - the special dessert of the day was fantastic but some of the regular dessert items paled in comparison to the rest of the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday brunch celebration!JavaLibrarianDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed celebrating our daughter's 17th birthday last week, and the meals (as usual) were hearty, delicious, and prepared with panache by the chefs. Our server was attentive to all of us (a large party of 7), and all of our meals arrived hot. Thanks, again to the Mezcal Cantina staff for providing a warm environment to enjoy a family gathering, and some fantastic food! The vegetarian and chicken versions of EGGS MEZCAL was ordered by 4/7 of us that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014It has fabulous guacamole and over the food overall is good. Can be noisy if you are anywhere near the bar area...
- Drinks were great, food was goodDan0135Dined on 2/14/2014The drinks available were very good. The food was good however very pricey. Overall was happy with food and drinks but again it was very pricey considering what you got. I would go back again but probably just for appetizers and drinks.
- Love this place!Luv2EatDined on 2/9/2014For the first time we did the 2 for $45 dinner and absolutely loved it it's a great way to save money yet allow you to get out of the house and spend some quality time togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.